March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Cleanse [M][GRACIDEA][C/Opal]
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 4:59:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was unreal how much destruction a single god could dole out. The entire east half of Petalburg Plateau, Shalin's backyard, had been blighted. The lake's once crystal clear waters were now murky greens and purples, bodies of small, dead water Pokémon floating on its surface. While the venomous plants surrounding it were no longer at 's command, having the intelligence of a Pokémon, they were still a health hazard to wild Pokémon surrounding them. Swaths of Rangers had been assigned to help clean the place up. Shalin and would be responsible only for the area around the lake.

Their goal would be simple; remove the taint from the water and cut down the venomous plants to the best of their ability. They would need a variety of Pokémon types to do so. With Lathiel keeping watch for , Shalin's partner for the job, it would only be a matter of time before the help she needed came. Dressed in her SYGNA SUIT and with her Yanmega at her side, Shalin would have a great way to handle large areas at once, provided she could carve out a spot for the dragonfly to land... if she had practiced enough to withstand the vibration of Flit's BUG BUZZING wings, that was.

{WC: 215}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Flit           Yanmega         Good
Corona         Charizard       Good
Grimmie        Houndoom        Good
Rielle         Vaporeon**      Good
Bass Boost     Seismitoad      Good
Lathiel        Type: Null      Good

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 7:42:07 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]DREAM BIG AND LIVE YOUR STORY

[attr="class","setting"]

She had heard about the attack. Of course she had. An attack by a god or as much of a god a Pokémon could be would definitely get people talking. Especially when the attack caused so much destruction. News of the attack had made her heart ache. Especially when it came at the cost of the lives of Pokémon. How could a god like Pokémon and its avatar cause such destruction.
[break][break]
Did they not care about the planet. Didn’t they realize if they hurt the planet they also hurt themselves. Even so she still felt like there was good in everyone. With some people it was just really deep down. She hoped that those responsible of the attack would be able to find that goodness.
[break][break]
Until that happened she would just have to do her best to do good in their place. So when she had heard about fixing up the attack site she had immediately asked to be apart of the volunteers. Due to her conditions it had taken some convincing. She was a blind girl who was paralyzed from the waist down after all. But she could be quite persistent when she wanted to be and finally the ones in charge of gathering up volunteers had relented.
[break][break]
Considering where it was she had ditched her wheelchair in favor of Hercules carrying her. The machamp carried carried her in two of his arms while her Kirlia, Eos, rode on the shoulder that was close to Opal’s head. Eos was out due to her ability to use telepathy. With her help she would be able to see to what she had to do, well not see but Eos would be able to keep her updated on what she had to do.
[break][break]
Reaching the site she was directed to where her partner was. ”My name’s Opal Garcia, are you the one I’m supposed to be working with?” she inquired, just wanted to be sure she had been directed to the right place.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#C29BC0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/SNv55PbX/IMG-1672.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 8:27:52 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Indeed, Opal had come to the right place. Lathiel's cries were all the warning Shalin needed know her partner had arrived. The synthetic Pokémon, obedient for a change, would lead her to the eccentric girl wearing a Flygon-themed, green-and-red SYGNA SUIT. "Whew!" she exhaled as the bug-type's wing lifted her off her feet. She grabbed onto it with both hands near the base of his red wingtip. She was ready to get warmed up when Opal had at last arrived.

"I am, Opal!" Shalin greeted. "I'm sorry ahead of time if my methods seem... unusual," she awkwardly explained, naturally assuming the young lady could see her legs dangling at the sides of Flit's wing. "Name's Shalin, wildest Pokémon rider in Hoenn! These two are Lathiel," she introduced the Type: Null, "and Flit," she gestured toward the Yanmega whose main body was behind her. "They'll be helping out with cleaning up the mess around the lake. I have a couple water Pokémon to help with the lake itself."

wzg0ROW|

{WC: 170}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 19:09:07 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

The brunette was relieved when she got confirmation that she was in the right place. Good it meant she hadn’t been sent in the wrong direction. Not that she thought any of the rangers would do something like that. But that didn’t mean mistakes didn’t happen, and they could’ve accidentally sent her in the wrong place.
[break][break]
”Can’t be more unusual than me,” she said it taking a few minutes for her to realize she had said that out loud instead of thinking it. Her face heated up a bit in embarrassment but a telepathic message from Eos grounded her. The Kirlia told her about the plants around the lake as well as the tainted lake that had killed the pokemon inhabiting it.
[break][break]
She decided to worry about that later deciding to return her attention back to the conversation. ”Sorry but who’s who? I’m blind as well as paralyzed from the waist down,” she explained her face turned towards Shalin. Hopefully she wouldn’t make a big deal about her conditions.
[break][break]
”This is Hercules and Eos,” she explained gesturing first to the machamp than the kirlia which was still riding the shoulder of the machamp closest to her head. ”I’m afraid I don’t have any water pokemon, my only other Pokémon is a zubat. But Hercules and Eos will be more than happy to tend to the stuff around the lake.”[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#C29BC0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/SNv55PbX/IMG-1672.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 6:40:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was taken aback by Opal's remark. More unusual than riding a giant insect by its wing, her suit the only reason her body didn't become liquefied from being thrown fast enough that only a high-speed camera could see her? That was awfully hard to believe. "You're the first person to tell me that riding a bug-type Pokémon isn't--WHOoOoOoOoOoAaAaAHHH!!!" she shouted, a sudden surge of BUG BUZZ-fueled vibration from the giant dragonfly interrupting her. The INFINITY ENERGY discharge from her red-and-green suit was the only thing that kept her from falling off in a split second.

Even with the suit, the shaking rocked Shalin in every way imaginable, and even some she could not. Though Opal wouldn't be able to see it even if her vision was working, Shalin's eyes had squint shut, the biggest smile on her face as the BUG BUZZ coursed through her, causing her to become extremely disoriented but otherwise leaving her unharmed.

Seconds later, Opal's Pokémon would have been able to see her awkwardly swaying, all four of her limbs visibly trembling from the intense ride her Yanmega had subject her to. Once she was meaningfully conscious enough to speak again, she apologized before introducing her two Pokémon. "Oh, I'm sorry! I had no idea! Lathiel is the Type: Null next to me, and Flit is the Yanmega whose wing... for the lack of a better term, rocked me. What a ride!" The normal-type was already getting to work slashing at the toxic fauna with her CRUSH CLAW, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible. She wanted to go back to one of the rifts and kick some Ultra Beast butt.

lQE31X9S

{WC: 282}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON May 30, 2023 18:53:39 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Riding a bug type? She hadn’t been aware that was possible. Of course she had never heard about Pokémon being bigger than their species. She supposed it was because it was easy to forget she was blind at times and wouldn’t have been able see a Pokémon that was bigger than normal.
[break][break]
If it weren’t for the fact the older woman was cut off she would’ve responded. It did make her curious about what was going on though. Reaching telepathically out towards Eos she inquired what was going on. However the answer she received only left her with more questions.
[break][break]
Pretty soon it seemed whatever had happened had come to an end. ”I try not to judge people since I don’t want people judging me,” she explained barely paying attention to the fact Eos had gotten down to start dealing with the plants. She was pretty focused on the conversation she was having.
[break][break]
”It’s fine it’s not everyday someone meets someone who can’t see. I’ve never really ridden a Pokémon before even before I lost the use of my legs. But I’ve always wondered what it’s like,” she admitted with a small smile.
[break][break]
While Opal talked to Shalin Eos used Psychic against the poisonous plants to get rid of them. The kirlia was aided by the Type: Null in getting rid of the plants.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 3:04:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As Opal was introducing herself and making Shalin aware of her terrible disability, Lathiel kept chopping through the purple plants that were choking her Romping Grounds away. As long as the Type: Null was getting the job done, she didn't care. The sound of a hissing Seviper caught the rider's attention. By the time she tilted her head in the normal-type's direction, her partner already had the snake in her jaws. "Good job! That would have been bad for us to run into while we were working." Once Shalin had faced Opal again, Lathiel brutally tossed the injured wild away.

"Being blind and paralyzed in the lower half of your body would make riding a Pokémon hard, wouldn't it?" Shalin asked rhetorically. "While I didn't bring the two Pokémon with me, I've got some that even you could get the experience with. I have a Wyrdeer and an Espeon. Because they're psychic Pokémon, they can use their minds to harness you to their backs. You couldn't fall off them if you tried."

With Eos and Lathiel handling the grass, Shalin took a look at the water. This was going to be a real challenge for her two water Pokémon to handle, but she had an idea. She would likely kill a lot of grass along the lakefront in the process, but it was the best idea she had to separate out the toxins from the rest of the water. She sent out her two water-types, Opal likely able to hear a Vaporeon cry and a Seismitoad bellow. "These two are Rielle, a Vaporeon, and Bass Boost, a Seismitoad," she introduced the two unusual ride Pokémon, the former of which was Shiny. "It won't exactly be pretty, but I've got an idea of how to clean up the water."

dgwquYqV

{WC: 303}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 20:20:07 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

The sound of a commotion caught her attention and she wondered what was going on. It sounded like Shalin’s Pokémon had attacked something. A Pokémon she was assuming since whatever it was didn’t sound like it was big enough to be a person. Words from Eos in her mind told her is was a Serviper a pretty dangerous Pokémon. Getting bit by one of those wouldn’t have been fun.
[break][break]
After thanking the dual type telepathically she turned her attention back to Shalin and the conversation they were having. Of course it would be hard. But that’s all it would be, it would be hard not impossible. Figuring the question didn’t need an answer she didn’t bother to answer.
[break][break]
To her surprise the older woman offered to allow her to ride one of two of her Pokémon. She hadn’t expected her to care enough about her plight to make that kind of offer. After all they barely knew each other, with this the first time they had met. However she wasn’t the type to look a gift horse in the mouth.
[break][break]
”Sure, if you’re sure you don’t mind. I think it would be an interesting experience,” she told Shalin. Usually unless she was working on a new piece her schedule was pretty much open. They would both have to see what was most convenient for the both of them if they did this.
[break][break]
While Eos and Lathiel continued to dispose of the plants she heard the older woman release two more Pokémon. The cry of a Vaporeon and a bellow of a Seismitoad allowed her to know what kind of Pokémon they were. After releasing them Shalin was quick to introduce the two of them letting her know which was which.
[break][break]
What Shalin said had her curious. ”Results are results, I say if it gets the job done do it,” she told her, figuring it wouldn’t be anything to bad. As long as it didn’t involve more harm to the Pokémon she was fine with what she wanted to do.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 4:54:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
At last, Shalin slid off the Yanmega's wing, the grass around her rustling from the dismount. She stumbled some, but was able to maintain her footing. "I would offer to do it today, but I had to move most of my Pokémon away from here. So many of them, especially the grass-types and fairy-types, were getting sick. You see, I don't keep my Pokémon in the storage system like most people do. I let them roam back here when I'm out and about. I'm more comfortable in the wild than in the city!" A true survivalist, she only saw town as a pit stop for modern medicine that could save the life of a Pokémon in a pinch; she preferred natural remedies for most wounds.

Lathiel again had wandered off; while she was doing work, she was doing so in an area of the plateau assigned to another team. A young male Ranger screamed in fright as the Type: Null bumped into him. "Lathiel, that's too far! We need you to work closer to the lake!" Though she didn't listen right away, the normal-type eventually started slinking back in the correct direction.

"Alright. Brace yourself, and when I tell you to, cover your ears!" With that, the young Ranger commanded both her Pokémon to take a dip into the venomous water. "Rielle, ACID ARMOR!" The Shiny water-type's fur turned from a hot pink to a deep purple color, the bubbling barrier allowing her to swim through the toxic water with greatly reduced harm. Bass Boost, being a Ground-type Pokémon, enjoyed natural resistance to poisons, letting her swim with impunity, as well. "Now, WATER PULSE!" Any wild Pokémon that were near the lake fled as the repeated water-type attacks pushed its water toward the shore. The waters churned in a cyclone, Bass Boost now standing on its exposed central bed. "Cover your ears, Opal! Now, Bass Boost, use EARTHQUAKE!"

The blue frog planted all four of her limbs in the ground, every bump on her arms, legs, and back vibrating at top speed. A droning, headache-inducing him filled the air. The combined effects of the cyclone and rumbling mimicked the effects of a centrifuge, drawing the venom to the top of the body of water. From there, it could be cleaned up with relative ease once the waters calmed down. Shalin recalled both her water Pokémon over the sound of the churning liquid. "Great job, both of you!"

2iW4xnXI

{WC: 414}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 15:55:38 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg6"]

[attr="class","setting"]

The young woman heard a rustling and figured Shalin had gotten down from her Pokémon. That’s the only thing she could think of. It was a shame what had happened. She didn’t didn’t get why someone would do something like this. In the long run didn’t they realize they were just hurting themselves as well when they did something like this.
[break][break]
”I don’t much care for the city either to much noise. But you do realize that cities aren’t the only thing right?” she teased. ”Me and my sister have an apartment in Mossdeep which people consider a city but I don’t consider it one. Maybe because when I think of a city I think of something like Mauville,” she explained knowing compared to Mauville or Slatesport Mossdeep wasn’t really that big.
[break][break]
She was curious about why Shalin preferred the wilds though. ”Why do you prefer the wild? I know with some people they just don’t like people, but you don’t seem like that type of person,” she said her curiosity evident in her voice. Maybe because of her conditions she couldn’t imagine roughing it. Which might be weird considering her homeland.
[break][break]
The sound of one of the rangers crying out in alarm momentarily distracted her and thanks to Shalin she was able to discern that the other woman’s Type: Null had wondered off spooking one of the other rangers. She wondered if Type: Null was really that frightening. Or maybe known for a certain disposition.
[break][break]
The other woman’s voice pulled her attention away from her thoughts and she nodded reluctantly. Considering how much she relied on her hearing she had never been a fan of covering them but she also knew that with her sensitive hearing sometimes she would get a sensory overload. And she would rather cover her ears than risk a sensory overload.
[break][break]
The teen listened to her give her Pokémon orders for what was probably a few minutes before she was given the order to cover her ears. She immediately covered her ears at the order waiting for when she wouldn’t need to anymore.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg6]position:relative; --accent:#C29BC0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/SNv55PbX/IMG-1672.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg6 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 7:34:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin shouted that the coast was clear once the intense vibration stopped, though the ACID ARMOR-camouflaged Rielle was still hard at work using her WATER PULSE to corral the poison into a place where it could easily be scooped into kegs to be transported away. "It's certain kinds of people that give me problems," she answered. "That and I like letting my Pokémon roam out of their Poké Balls. You see, when I call myself Hoenn's wildest Pokémon Rider, I mean it. I also really like using my Yanmega and Beedrill for travel, which in a place like Slateport, would run afoul of noise laws real quick."

Lathiel had at last returned to the lakeside, working on shredding red and purple foliage around the part of the lake that Rielle was directing the goop away from. The Type: Null seemed easily distracted by her own anger toward Ultra Beasts and unfamiliar Pokémon, but when she was able to stay focused, she could work fast. "I always get criticized for my choices of ride Pokémon. This is going to sound silly, but I find Rapidash and Arcanine, and just most Pokémon commonly used for it, boring. Something like a Skuntank or a Persian, though? Sign me up!"

zCQDKxbn

{WC: 211}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 14:44:34 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Partly due to her more sensitive hearing and Eos telepathic message she knew it was okay to uncover her ears. She was relieved to do so not liking having temporarily lost that sense. Though she knew it was for a good reason she did that. After all whatever it was could’ve ended up hurting her hearing, which is definitely not what she wanted.
[break][break]
It was hard to comprehend anyone having a problem with anyone. She knew how bad team rocket was but she still liked to believe there was good in everyone. For that reason she didn’t have problems with anyone. She had a problem with certain things people did, but not with the people themselves.
[break][break]
Since she was unsure what to say about people giving her problems she decided just to focus on the second part. ”I only have three Pokémon so I don’t really have the problem right now. I admit I don’t like the idea of keeping Pokémon trapped either,” she said letting it be known how she viewed pcs.
[break][break]
”I guess it’s because they don’t want to disturb other people. But I think everyone should be free to be who they are,” the told the older woman with a shrug. They couldn’t fathom why anyone would try and keep someone from being who they were.
[break][break]
Due to the psychic link she shared with Eos she could sense the Kirlia still working away at the plants. She was working farther away from the lakes edge now to avoid getting in the way of Rielle. But she was still nearby and still in the area they had been designated.
[break][break]
The thought of someone being judged for being themselves made her momentarily frown. ”If it’s any consolation I think you’re pretty cool.” she said giving the older woman a small smile. ”I like Arcanine, if someone found a crazy way to ride either of those Pokémon would you be interested than?” she asked curiously. Not that she could think of a way to make riding either Pokémon extreme.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg6]position:relative; --accent:#C29BC0; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/SNv55PbX/IMG-1672.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg6 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 2:35:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though Opal had disabilities Shalin would never with on anyone, she had a positive vibe about her that she loved. That was one of the reasons the girl was so warm toward her; when it came to her team choices, she had some... questionable ones. Who would willingly sit on a Skuntank's back? One wrong move was asking to be sprayed... and from close range, the musk would be vomit-inducing. Yet she was clearly willing to do it.

"That's another reason why I live off-grid," Shalin agreed with Opal's point. "I have a large collection, and I have to let them roam and hunt somewhere. Local trainers know not to hunt them by seeing the saddles they wear. A wild Pokémon wouldn't wear one; believe me, I've tried." Her Pokémon, even the tamed ones, could be quite rowdy.

Mundane was only one problem Shalin had with Arcanine. There was another that sounded completely nonsensical. "...This'll sound weird, considering..." Right, Opal didn't actually see what was going on. She'd have to explain it in plain, clear words, which left her trembling at first. Her suit was the only reason Flit's wing didn't snap beneath her while she sat on it. She took a deep breath and told her story like it was. "This will be hard to believe, but the Sygna Suit I'm in is what makes this possible. The reason my Yanmega's buzzing was so loud was because... because I was riding on his wing in the act. Yet Arcanine... Arcanine run too fast for me to handle." It was a strange anomaly, and embarrassing for her to spell out so discreetly. She couldn't handle the full gallop of an Arcanine, yet she could handle being shaken by a Bug Buzzing Yanmega's wing beating invisibly fast?

What a strange girl, indeed.

Shalin's ability would be put to the test when Lathiel's eyes turned red after the Pokémon the normal-type was chasing got away from her. Letting out a roar, the chimeric Pokémon bounded across the field directly toward the Yanmega. Having little choice, the insect churned her wings at full speed, Shalin letting out another distorted cry from how intense the BUG BUZZ got. "It's... fun..." Shalin panted, "it's just... tiring!" Lathiel backed down after being exposed to the grating waves of vibration that would have sheared her if she stayed inside the space they intersected.

K8SktIjh

{WC: 399}
{PC: 7}

Lathiel        Type: Null      Fair
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

she/her/hers
january 15th
orre
questioning
artist
civilian
5’3” height
5’3” height
awards
87 posts
opal garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @opal
opal garcia
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 3:53:00 GMT
opal garcia Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The thought of people hunting Pokémon made her uncomfortable. She didn’t understand how people could kill other Pokémon let alone eat them. But she knew it was something other people did. Of course she was aware Pokémon hunted other Pokémon as well but she tried real hard not to think about that.
[break][break]
”Its good that the saddles keep people from harming them. Though I wish people wouldn’t hurt any Pokémon,” she said to the older woman. And harming Pokémon didn’t only stop with people hurting Pokémon by hunting them but when it came to Pokémon battles as well. She wasn’t a fan of those as well even if she did want more Pokémon at some point.
[break][break]
As she started speaking and trailed off she couldn’t help but be curious. She wasn’t expecting to hear about her riding the wings of a Yanmega. From what she understood riding a Yanmega’s wings could be quite dangerous. Though from what she gathered the older woman’s Sygna Suit protected her from the vibrations.
[break][break]
”Its hard to imagine something like that,” she admitted trying to imagine what that could be like but failing. ”Do you know why Arcanine give you so much trouble? I wouldn’t mind one for non-riding purposes of course. From what I gather they’re warm and fluffy,” she told the older woman.
[break][break]
She felt Hercules tense a bit from under her making her curious. A telepathic message from Eos allowed her to know of Lathiel heading towards Flit having made Hercules ready himself to protect her if he needed to since they were near Shalin and her Yanmega.
[break][break]
She placed a hand on the machamp to calm him causing him to relax. It seemed like the Type: Null had backed down anyway. ”Seems like it would, since it would put some strain on the body,” she said as she turned her attention back to the older woman.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 21:49:01 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Hunting was an unfortunate reality of the human race. Leatherworkers, jewelers, and all sorts of other supply chains depended on Pokémon being hunted. It wasn't all downside, though; some Pokémon multiplied so fast that it was a needed form of population control. "It's mostly to serve as a way for hunters to know the Pokémon have a trainer," Shalin clarified, at last mustering the awareness and strength to slide off the Yanmega's wing.

With the sensitive cutting done and the waterborne venom being handled by another team now, Shalin directed her Yanmega's focus toward unearthing larger sections of toxic weeds, the bug-type uprooting grass with the fierce winds created in the wake of her giant, invisible wings. Her hearing still hadn't come completely back from the sheer volume of the dragonfly's drone. After the first area had been cleaned out, Lathiel yawned and sat down, observing Flit's work from a distance after he had moved on.

"I know, right?" Shalin sheepishly answered. "Without a Sygna Suit, it's asking for a death sentence. I want to see what it looks like from the outside, too. It's hard to imagine on either side." Beedrill were masters at what she wanted to do, possessing some of the fastest wingbeat rates among Pokémon. She had a long way to go before she could conquer something like that. "For Arcanine, it's just how fast they can run. Don't get me wrong, they're really loyal and easy to command for the most part. You have to be really strong to handle one, though." An instinctive nod followed. "Mhm! They are. They're popular for travel in the winter for that reason."

The ride put a lot of strain on Shalin's body, even with her suit on. "It's almost like you're floating above it," was the best description she could give. "They beat so fast that they're constantly dropping beneath you and catching you. It's... really hard to put into words."

{WC: 327}
{PC: 8}

Lathiel        Type: Null      Fair