Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 10:52:43 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Looks like there’s a problem out at the Peters farm again, Sheriff.” One of Navy’s deputies says after hanging up the phone. Navy’s only been here a few weeks and he’s already diving into a world of trouble. Strange things sleep beneath this town. Strange things begin to stir.[break][break]

John Peters?” Navy asks, just to confirm he has the name right.[break][break]

You know, the farmer.” So it is, in fact, that guy again. Not a bad guy. He gave Navy a wonderful welcome to town gift. Gifted him a prize Mareep and a Rapidash. Peters has a weird accent, but he’s an alright sort.[break][break]

What’s the issue?”[break][break]

Looks like something killed some of his Rapidash and Ponyta. Carnivore Pokemon, judging by the bite marks. Ate ‘em alive.”[break][break]

Arceus…” He can’t do this alone. He’s got teams upon teams of good Pokemon, but he still need a proper partner. Someone besides that can be a deputy in the town, helping him fight off the troubles that lurk beneath the sea.[break][break]

Unfortunately, he has no one that qualifies. Not yet. He puts in a call for help with the other departments around Hoenn.[break][break]

Fortunately, someone answers the call. Together, they meet up at the Peters farm a few hours later. They’ll tackle the case. Really, it’s less a mystery and more a matter of figuring out what they have to prep to fight.[break][break]

Not gonna lie,” Navy begins as he sips on some coffee, “kinda feel like I won the lottery. You look like one hell of a trainer.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 18:47:18 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Horsin' Around

A pleasure, Sheriff .

An unshakeable smile and a thoroughly proper sip from tea.

"Thank you, Sheriff. You're much too kind." The blonde man said, eyes on the crime scene. His lip curled further. "And correct."

Standing besides the detective-turned-Sheriff-turned-Gym Leader was the deputy officer of Hoenn's only Police Department under perpetual siege: Sootopolis PD's finest, Gwyar Wledig.

A large, musclebound man who wore his Galarian heritage on his sleeve— literally. From shoulder to thigh, the left side of his body was strapped in galarian armor, a longsword hanging by his side.

"It certainly wasn't concerned with subtlety, was it?" He said, his eyes slowly roving what had become relatively obvious tracks.

His hand dragged to his belt, where pokeballs of all varieties hung.

"Would you indulge me in some chatter while we give chase?" He asked. Then he chuckled. "I don't believe this one will be running away from us."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 19:23:21 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

By all means, Deputy.” The Sheriff smiles. He’d give almost anything to have this man in his department. and him could make a real dent in the Ultra Deep Sea Investigation. Or maybe he could just teach her some proper manners. Set a few new trends for the hipsters that live around here.[break][break]
No, it wasn’t. If this is like the last case I dealt with on Peters’s land, we’ve got a Pokemon that’s washed up on shore from the Ultra Deep Sea. Dunno how they get out, or how they survive all the way back up onto land, but they end up here sometimes. Chances are, it’s running mad with Nihilego neurotoxin.” The conversation turns grim, but it’s best to bring the man up to speed.[break][break]
No cure, as far as I can tell. Just gotta put ‘em down and pray for them.” He wonders if the same is true to humans. Only a dollop of the stuff infected Tsubaki, but she still seems changed. Nihilego neurotoxin throws off a creature’s inhibitions.[break][break]
If you don’t mind me making an assumption, you’re Galarian, yeah? You ever compete in the pro circuits over there.” It’s a shot in the dark, but Gabe and him used to watch the stuff religiously. One year, he even managed to scrape up enough money to take his little brother to the finals in Wyndon.[break][break]
My brother loved watching the circuit every year.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 17:02:11 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Horsin' Around

A pleasure, Sheriff .

"Then we had best hurry and put it out of its misery." The blonde man said, his pokeball popping open on his own.

No ray of light came bursting out. A shadow came pouring outwards instead, pooling at the floor like a pond before rising as it took form. A dark equine took shape before the two men, its spectral form hovering just over the soil, disconnected from its own hooves even as it reeled back and let out a hair-raising neigh.

"Enough of that." Gwyar admonished the horse as he stepped towards it, smiling as a ghostly saddle and reigns materialized before him. "Good girl."

He swung himself onto the saddle with practiced ease, settling his considerable but ultimately inconsequential weight upon his ghostly ride before turning his gaze to the sheriff.

"I am." The man said, an amused smile on his lips.

Which of the signs had given it away first? Was it his racial traits, his thick accent, his drinking preferences, or the armor?

"And yes, I did." He said, his gaze turning forward. "Though the I doubt I was among those who entertained you and your sibling. It's been 10 years since I last stood inside Wyndon as a challenger."

10 years since the undefeatable champion perished at too young an age, leaving him with no reason to bother with the Pro Circuit's many stresses for any longer.

"But I'm glad you and your brother found joy in Galar's battles." He said after a moment.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 2:16:08 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s a haunting specter. Beautiful. A flowing purple mane. An eyeless face that sees all. Terrifying. Haunting. A steed of legend that Navy has never beheld before. He knows of this creature’s existence – Kyle and some of the other trainers came into possession of this specimen some years ago. It’s one of the few times he envies his friend for his activity in the grand stage that is this region.[break][break]
His mind wanders to fantasies of riding that jet black steed, clad in dark armor. A silent hunter in the night, protecting the people of Dewford. Fantasies are fine. Dreams add color to life. He needs more than dreams to accomplish the day’s work.[break][break]
Cupping his fingers, the sheriff whistles. Silver Bullet, his Rapidash, rushes from the opposite side of Peters’s field. She neighs and stops just short of him. She’s finally been fitted with a saddle that won’t burn on her back. They’ve developed a remarkable bond in a short time. Rapidash are prone to scorching their riders unless they have accepted that person as their master.[break][break]
Jumping up in the saddle, he feels like a knight on a quest alongside a fellow. Navy resolves to keep that thought to himself. Whatever the truth, he doubts saying he feels like a knight in front of an armored Galarian is a good idea.[break][break]
I did. My brother did more than me. He was sorta oblivious, my brother.” The Sheriff muses. He’s at ease on this horse. Navy feels no compulsion to hold his tongue on this matter. “Gabe didn’t notice the black bags under the eyes of the trainers, or the wrinkles from stress. He just saw the smiles they put on for the jumbotrons. Heard ‘em cheer and dynamax their aces. Man…I’ll say this. Nothin’ stops my heart quite as much as a soaring Corviknight dosed up with that Dynamax juice.”[break][break]
Even knowing the stress, as he urges Silver Bullet onward, Navy can’t stop himself from adding one little point.[break][break]
Looked like fun.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 17:35:23 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Horsin' Around

A pleasure, Sheriff .

"Beautiful mare." He praises the other's pokemon as it arrives.

They were soon on their way, giving chase to prey while exchanging light pleasantries.

"Oh hoh. Quite perceptive." He said, eyes closing briefly as he smiled. "I can see your calling found you well."

He chuckled, considering his words carefully as he grabbed his chin.

"... It was a very intense environment, but I cannot say I disliked my time there." Gwyar said as they trotted along the pastures. "I confess— My goals and circumstances were much different from most of my contemporaries."

He laughed to himself, drawing humor from those memories as he gave the other man a grin, all but inviting him to ask.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 3:44:21 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy sees that smile. He reads between the weathered lines of the knight’s face. There’s a story there, a story he wants to tell. Their chase leads them out past the property line of the Peters farm. Fortune smiles upon them, as there seem to be no more bodies of Pokemon. Whatever mad beast was there has had its appetite sated, but its trail is fresh. Kicked up dirt and broken fences lead them where they need to go.[break][break]
He wonders what they’re going to find when they reach the lair. Whatever it is, he suspects this knight, his black dragon, and the other beasts at his belt will be up for the task.[break][break]
Well, don’t leave me in suspense.” The detective offers his own smile. He is no great genius of inference. He will not make some deduction based upon obscure facts, but he knows the hearts of man. “Got all the time in the world, Deputy. What made you hit the pro circuit?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 16:12:42 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Horsin' Around

A pleasure, Sheriff .

He laughed.

"Was my eagerness that obvious?" He said, smiling as they galloped past broken fences, following the trail still. Convenient for his story, that no monster had been found yet.

"It truly isn't that interesting— humorous in retrospective, perhaps." He began. "You see... my many rivals? They were fighting for their life. Be it money, fame, a better future. So their names would echo across Galar's history— they were very competitive, very determined folk."

He leaned back with a hum, cupping his chin.

"I was much like that at the beginning of my career." He said. "Looking for glory and recognition. I outgrew such silly aspirations quickly enough, however. By then, the only reason I stayed was..."

He pursed his lips.

"That I wanted to claim my wife's ridiculous, advertisement ridden cape and burn it in the chimney." He rolled his eyes. "'What's a queen without her regalia', she said. That tiara-visor was the stuff of nightmares."

Knowing the fate of her 'regalia' should he win was probably what led to the legend of Galar's unbeatable champion. Woman just refused to let him (and everyone else) win.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 4:27:08 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

W-Wait…” Navy stammers, recognition dawning. “You were her husband?!” Everyone who follows the Galar League knows about that woman, a champion among champions. She was before Gabe’s time, but that didn’t stop him from looking up to her, wanting to emulate her example. The closest thing Hoenn has to her is Katherine Fairburne, but even then…[break][break]
It's like comparing a black hole to a nebula. They exist on the same scale, but they are things so far removed from one another as to be incomparable – just going by their public personas. Such is life at the top. All the big figures are galaxies unto themselves.[break][break]
Holy shit. Uh – mind my language, I know. Just…” He feels embarrassed admitting this to the woman’s husband, but why? He’s not insulting her or her memory. This man will not take offense to the words.[break][break]
…never thought I’d meet a pro on your level. Galar trainers are on a whole ‘nother level.” It’s a matter of perspective. Hoenn breeds warriors. Galar breeds knights. There’s a small difference. These terms are indistinguishable to most. This thought is one Navy harbors when he reflects on the circumstances of his birth. Gabe had the honest heart of a knight. Galar isn’t sunshine and rainbows, but at least there, he would be among his own kind.[break][break]
I’m trying to be Champion here in Hoenn.” He says as if every serious trainer in the region isn’t competing for that title. Hoenn’s Elite 4 are the greatest in the world and they serve as mighty gatekeepers for the championship, let alone Kyle’s Top Champion spot.[break][break]
It was Gabe’s dream. He died trying to make it come true. Feels like the right thing to do, as his big brother. Make sure a Navidson takes the spot from Lopez.” There’s an option to soften his words there, toss in a bit of self-deprecation, laugh. Maybe he would have done just that before Dewford, but he learned to say things with his chest down in the caves. Let people think what they will, he has to be what he is. Nothing more or less.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 14:56:23 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Horsin' Around

A pleasure, Sheriff .

A reasonable reaction, though one that slightly surprised the knight all the same.

People in Hoenn tended to be so jaded little if anything could draw anything but a muted reaction out of them. Navy's forthrightness was refreshing, in that sense, if a little jarring.

"... They used to be." He said with a chuckle, shaking his head. "Nowadays, Hoenn is the battle capital of the world, whether said world recognizes it or not."

Hardship breeds excellence, all that jazz. Throw enough apocalypses at something and, should it survive, even a small, unimportant island nation like Hoenn could rise from the ashes as an emerging powerhouse in the world stage.

The resounding results of the HsT, a world tournament, proved as much. Nearly the entirety of the top 20 were either hoenn locals, or people who made their permanent residence in Hoenn.

"For your brother's sake, I hope you accomplish the lofty task you've appointed for yourself." The blonde said with an appropriate measure of gravity. "Champions in all regions are exceptional individuals— but none more so than in Hoenn at this current time."

People in Hoenn lived in 'hard mode', as the young people liked to say— and none more so than those aiming to unseat .

"I've no interest in the title myself any longer." Gwyar admitted, following a moment of silence.

It only really mattered when it was her. Once she was gone, there was no more reason to stay in the circuit.

"But I may try it anyway. Just to give my pokemon a workout. It's been a while."

He had no higher reason to seek it, unlike Navy, and he had no intention of drinking the poisoned chalice that was glory-seeking ever again either. It would simply be... amusement. A strange thought, challenging the greatest the region had to offer just to entertain himself for an afternoon.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 10:45:06 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I admit I like the climb to bein’ the Champ. Someone once told me that, if you want to reach the top, you should enjoy the trip there instead of focusing on the summit.” Navy reminisces about days gone by, interviews with pros. In those days, he was content to sit on the sidelines – he was just another bystander. Nothing more.[break][break]
Battling’s fun. Figuring out different strats. What works, what doesn’t. What Pokemon work well together. Synergies. It’s all good practice for the real fights.” Both men know what he’s talking about. The sentence trails towards a hint of darkness. Gwyar’s in the heart of darkness if he operates within Sootopolis’s department – a last bastion of League defiance in the face of Rocket’s overwhelming victory.[break][break]
I look forward to seein’ you fight Lopez, old timer. Make sure to get some practice in at my gym when we’re done renovating the place.” The day when his gym opens up can’t come soon enough. A steady supply of sparring partners and kids to educate on the realities of being a trainer in Hoenn sounds like the life.[break][break]
A fleeing flock of zigzagoon tells Navy he’ll get to see the older man in action before then. Looking to the man, he pulls out a pokeball. Just up the road, trouble is waiting.[break][break]
It’s the biggest Feraligatr Navy has ever seen. Too big. Towering, ten feet tall, supping on the flesh of a Linoone. The poor thing never stood a chance. Its body is lined with telltale signs of the Ultra Deep Sea. Barnacles grow along his belly. In place of the red fins Feraligatr are known for grows patches of coral. Its eyes are milky white. Blind, as all dead things beneath the sea tend to be.[break][break]
…Arceus.” Navy curses. “Poor thing. Probably got separated from its trainer during the battle – or the guy got himself killed.” Both sides suffered heavy casualties that day.[break][break]
Head’s up, it’s already dead. Nihilego neurotoxins got it. It’s more or less a big, angry zombie. Best thing we can do is put ‘em down.”[break][break]
Navy throws out Roland, machine ghost of a chivalrous warrior. He has only existed in this form for a month and already the solid chrome knight has suffered a grievous wound. The Iron Valiant has but one arm. His vicious blade pulsates with pink energy.[break][break]
The Feraligatr finally seems to notice them, sniffing the air as it stands up from its meal. Roland waves his arm, sending out an electric field that makes the hairs on the back of Navy’s neck stand up.[break][break]
Standing at its full height, it begins to lumber towards them. Navy wonders if Gwyar will throw out a new Pokemon or overwhelm the Pokemon with the specter he rides.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2023 18:59:00 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Horsin' Around

A pleasure, Sheriff .

"I'll try not to disappoint." He said with a chuckle.

Even with all his years of experience, trainers like and were still tall, firm walls to overcome for the 'old timer'.

Luckily, he knew plenty about throwing himself at insurmountable walls.

They are drawn out of pleasantries by the sounds of fleeing Zigzagoon. Their gazes meet, and pokeballs are drawn.

Time to work.

They draw closer to their target, too late to prevent it from claiming one last victim.

Gwyar's gaze narrowed ever so slightly, his digits tapping against his Luxury ball as he considered the creature before them.

The most otherwordly Feraligatr he had ever beheld, to be certain. A walking dead monstrosity, if the sheriff was correct.

"A toxin did this?" The knight asked the other man with narrowed eyes.

It resembled the work of a parasite a lot more. What exactly were these 'nihilego's secreting...?

"Caladbolg." The man said as he suddenly released an Illumina!Aegislash before the titan croc. "Shockwave."

It appeared in an explosive flash of light, glowing like a thousand torches, waves of lightning arcing through the air to shock the zombie's nervous systems— a little experiment.
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 3:58:48 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

As far as I can tell, yeah.” The Sheriff answers Gwyar’s first question, pulling back on Silver Bullet’s reins so she doesn’t charge headfirst into danger. “Doesn’t help they’re inside…well, Ultra Deep Sea’s a hell of a place.” It’s a place that turns the ordinary into horror. A place he wouldn’t wish upon the worst enemies he had ever found, but he dove there on a weekly basis.[break][break]
Wha—” His second encounter with an illumina Pokemon almost blinds Navy. Luckily, his Rapidash sees what’s about to happen and jumps around. Their eyes do not bear witness to the explosion of light and force. Only when he turns back around, ears ringing from the sound, does he see the Feraligatr stumble. It rubs at its nonexistent eyes, mimicking annoyance. It’s thrown off for a mere moment before it charges the sword, a roar welling in its dead throat.[break][break]
Hattori!” Navy commands as he releases his own Pokemon. The situation calls for an experiment of his own. “Make it difficult terrain!” An exercise in understatement and code words. Toxic spikes form in the frog’s hands, tossed out across the battlefield.[break][break]
The Feraligatr does not notice them, or perhaps he doesn’t care. He steps on the poisoned caltrops, some of them embedding deep into his feet. It does not stop. It does not relent. Ignoring everything else, frost seems to form at the edge of its mouth. He tries to bite through the sword with an ice fang.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 2:42:22 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Horsin' Around

A pleasure, Sheriff .

Gwyar's Aegislash was undaunted by the rows of frozen teeth coming its way.

A barrier came between it and the zombie gator as it suddenly spun in the air with a flourish, slamming its blade into the scabbard behind its shield.

It held strong— before blasting back against the large creature, cracking at a number of its teeth and weakening its attack power.

"It's full of openings." Gwyar pointed out from where he sat atop his horse, several paces away from any real danger. The benefits of being a trainer.

"It shouldn't be too hard to wrap things— shall we end it now?" Gwyar suggested, raising a hand. "Caladbolg will keep it busy— so have your Greninja cleave its spine."

A severed spine couldn't be powered through, zombie or not.

Hopefully.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Horsin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 3:56:44 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Somehow, this reminds him of games played in his youth. Gabe loved to come home from the store with the latest RPG. Gabe always wanted to play sneaky characters or spellcasters, which suited Navy just fine. He wanted to be on the frontlines.[break][break]
Oh how the tables have turned. The big man on the spectral steed keeps the deathless thing locked down. Hattori looks to Navy, asking without saying a word whether the trainer wishes for him to follow Gwyar’s orders. The sheriff nods.[break][break]
Hattori disappears in a flash of smoke. Tiny as he is, he moves like a blur. A kunai of psychic energy forms in his hand. Navy’s seen this blade before. It’s sickly sharp. It cuts through flesh like a knife through butter. Piercing down the creature’s spine, he eviscerates the flesh. Tears the bone. Doubtless the creature is hardy, but without nerves connecting the brain to the rest of the body, it drops like a sack of logs.[break][break]
…man. I wish it was this easy every day.” Navy’s not afraid to admit that. “Most of my deputies aren’t good at battling. If something like this happened while I was gone, I don’t know what they’d do.

[break][break]