They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 3:50:43 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
The seasons were shifting - and with the shifts in seasons, came changes in the behavior and population of certain pokemon. Some mothers are beginning to leave their dens with their children, some are moving to seek warmer or cooler climates, or moving with the changing availability of certain food or prey, and so on.

And being a Ranger, one of the things El has been taught is in the importance of keeping an eye on these changes during patrols. Too much change, lack thereof, or even change in an unexpected direction could be signs of underlying problems, after all. And with some pokemon, their migrations also meant a risk of them having runs-ins with other humans - which could get dicey quick. So, they had to keep an eye out for that while on patrol, too.

It was a good thing, then, that they had someone else with them today! Or to be more exact, that they would be accompanying someone else - , a fellow rookie.

It would be atop their Togekiss, Akero, that El would arrive at the entrance to Fiery Path - the fairy-type giving a cheery whistle in greeting, as she landed. Next to them, Bibidi the Alakazam would blip in from a Teleport - settling down next to Akero. "Hey there! Sorry if I, uhm, made you wait at all." They called with a wave in the taller man's direction.

Carefully, they unhooked their cane from Akero's saddle - and with Bibidi's help, slid down from the togekiss' back so that they could recall him. Once on their feet though, El was more than ready to step into the tunnel - but before they did so, they'd offer Toki a handshake. "You're uh, Toki, right? I think I've seen you a few times, back in Fortree." They mention with a smile - continuing "My name's El - and this alakazam here is Bibidi. It's nice to properly meet you!"

Bibidi would turn her attention to Toki as well - giving a nod and a gentle psychic brush against his mind in greeting.
close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
75 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 20:53:28 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
The path was home to a variety of fire and poison type Pokemon. A region like this was highly susceptible to any change in the local ecosystem, but an arguably worse effect would be the changes in other regions should Pokemon migrate or be driven out. Both types are highly volatile and could have serious ramifications for bordering ecosystems should they stray away. Toki and El were chosen to check on this particular region and while it was off the books officially, Toki thought it would be a good opportunity to work with a fellow ranger for once.

The two had known each other in passing, but this would be the first time they would properly work together on an outing. He kept his Pokemon in their Pokeballs for the time being, not wanting them to overheat since most of them were still in their younger stages. He looked up and saw El as they flew on on a Togekiss, an Alakazam teleporting in nearby. Toki smiled and shook their hand "Toki, that's right. It's good to finally meet you, too!"

The psychic signal from Bibidi was definitely new and caught him off-guard a little, but he waved and nodded his head in response to it. "So we're just going to take a quick look around the trail and make sure everything is in order, right? Maybe catch some if we need to, but otherwise this should be a pretty routine patrol. I'm looking forward to working together with you, El." He said with a bit of a sigh "I really need to start going on more real missions, myself. I feel like I'm already stagnating, you know?"

---

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 22:41:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EKANS APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNNERVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON STING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GLARE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SALAZZLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OBLIVIOUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE OUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 6:08:40 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El's smile grew with Toki's friendly reception - both towards themself, and towards Bibidi. He seemed pretty nice!

At the mention of the intentions of the patrol, El nodded. "That's uhm, what it sounded like to me, yeah!" They responded, with a moment's thought. "Pokemon can be pretty sensitive to the change in seasons and climates - they migrate, they change behaviors, and so on. So they want us to check on the local populations - see how many pokemon we spot, and what they're up to."

But giving a bright smile to Toki, El continued "I'm happy to work with you, too! Maybe, uhm - if you want to go on more missions, we could work together sometime? is another Ranger in Fortree that I know, and she's real nice - you could try asking to join her too, if I'm not available." Though that being said, they weren't gonna get any work done just by sitting around here talking. As they spoke, they'd begin walking into Fiery Path proper - Bibidi following close behind.

Which, there were two words one could immediately use to describe these winding tunnels: Hot, and Humid. Though given El's origins in Lavaridge, and the time Bibidi has spent at their side, the two of them are relatively used to the conditions here. Bibidi only lightly wipes at her brow, and El adjusts their uniform, but they both otherwise appear more or less fine.

In fact, El was more focused on Toki's wellbeing in such heat, over their own! "You packed plenty of water, right?" El asked - glancing back to Toki, and adding "I brought an extra couple bottles of water in my bag, incase either of us end up - well - needing any." You could never be too hydrated, after all!

But as the group moved, something would catch El's attention - the sound of a hiss, paired with a distinctive rattle! The noise made them blink - and they glanced to see an ekans, coiled to the side of the path. She bared her fangs in a hiss, shaking the rattle at the end of her tail - figuratively rattling the saber. It was clear to see that she was just as surprised as they were, to notice one another!

Which, it took but a glance for El to see why she was so caught off guard. She was in the midst of a shed - and probably was feeling a bit defensive as a result of it. Although, there was also something else going on...

... Though El stepped away to give the snake her space, they could notice that the shed was stuck, rubbing a specific part of her body against the wall in an attempt to get it loose. "Hey - you're gonna hurt yourself, if you try to force it." The young ranger pointed out, their tone concerned for the ekans. "Let us help-"

However, the ekans cut them off with a hiss - visibly agitated. She didn't seem keen on listening to El, only continuing to rub against the wall to try and force the stuck shed off - even as it caused clear discomfort.

El's expression twisted with empathy - though sharing a wordless glance to Bibidi, the alakazam would dip her head in acknowledgement. Reaching out to the ekans' mind, Bibidi attempted to soothe her. To reassure her and convey that they meant no harm - that they wanted to help. Perhaps a fellow pokemon would have a better time getting through to her, than a human?

Indeed - though El wasn't sure the specifics of what Bibidi told the ekans, it seemed to be enough to get her to stop and listen. For her to glance towards them at first with suspicion, but then... A sort of hesitant expectation, as she began to slither closer.

Smiling gently, El brought Akero back out, before carefully kneeling down. "A bit of soaking should get that free. Can you give me a Life Dew, Akero?" They requested - gently picking the ekans up with one arm.

The togekiss whistled in affirmative - producing a sparkling water that he sprinkled onto the stuck shed. Even if it didn't immediately resolve the shed (which, it likely just needed a bit of time,) it eased any discomfort that the snake pokemon felt, allowing her to relax.

El stood back up with this - glancing over to Toki. "We can probably keep walking, while I keep an eye on our little buddy here. Once the shed's had a minute to soak up enough Life Dew, it should come right off." They spoke, smiling fondly at the ekans in question. Maybe she'd let them keep her, once the shed was off? They were a bit endeared at the idea of having an ekans!
Catching Ekans

close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
75 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 0:21:32 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
With their mission made clear, Toki nodded back at El and prepared for their patrol through the path. Deep down he was worried about El's health going through such a hot locale, but he didn't want to seem like he was pitying them. Despite his worries, they seemed to be in good condition, and even extended an offer to take on some official missions at some point "I definitely wouldn't say no. I appreciate the offer and I'll let you know if I need a partner in the future." He said and considered what they said about Julia "I think I've seen her in passing, but I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I'll have to do that next time I see her."

"Yeah I have water with me! Thanks for considering it, though, much appreciated." Plenty of water was a must if one planned on passing through this path safely. The last thing anyone wants is to be stranded somewhere hot with no way to quench thirst. Alola had some hot regions as well, so he was well aware of the proper preparations.

Toki paused as El found themselves helping an Ekans in the middle of shedding. He stayed close enough to help, but far away enough to not startle the poor thing. El kept calm and used their Pokemons' individual abilities in smart ways to defuse the situation and hopefully get the Ekans to safely shed. Toki smiled "You did good, El. You knew the situation, and figured out the best way to approach it. Let me know if you need my help with anything, okay?"

As they continued along the path, Toki saw an odd sight. A lone Salazzle just absent-mindedly staring into the distance from atop a rock. They seemed...bored? It didn't seem there were any Salandits nearby, which struck him as a little odd. As soon as it saw them, though, it crawled down from the rock, purple venomous fluids drooling from its fangs. Toki reached for a Pokeball "Taruk!" He called as he threw the ball.

A Nidorino appeared in the flash of light as Salazzle leapt forward and snapped with Poison Fang. A mixture of Taruk's natural bulkiness and Poison typing made this a minor inconvenience at best as he shrugged Salazzle off. "Horn Attack!" Toki commanded as Taruk grunted and gave the Salazzle a furious charge before ramming into it with his horn. He then swung his head and tossed the Salazzle against the wall, dazing it. Toki took the opportunity to throw a Pokeball to capture the Salazzle.

With a deep sigh, Toki rubbed the back of his head "Good job, Taruk." He praised before turning back to El "Sorry about that."

----

Catching Salazzle!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 5:30:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GRIMER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POISON TOUCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISABLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON GAS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MEAN LOOK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOUNDOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLASH FIRE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INFERNO
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 8:45:59 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
At the praise, El blinked, before smiling sheepishly - their cheeks flushing (though it might not have been obvious, the heat of the tunnels making their face slightly pink.) "I m-mean, Bibidi did calm em down - I'm just going off the things I've read." They spoke modestly - glancing down to the ekans cradled in their arm.

Which, the snake pokemon was relaxing a good deal - perhaps due to a mix of appreciating the warmth of El's body, and the uncomfortable shed finally coming unstuck thanks to the Life Dew. Carefully, she'd rub up against El's shoulder to resume said shed - her old skin unwrapping from her body almost like a sock. And once it came fully loose, she'd simply flick her tail to discard the remainder - taking to draping herself over El's shoulders, tongue flicking at the air.

They supposed they had a shoulder buddy for a bit; which, they certainly weren't complaining.

There came a fight between a wild Salazzle and Toki's Nidorino, however - and though El winced visibly at seeing the two pokemon clash... They couldn't help but look to Taruk with curiosity, at the same time. "I-It's okay, as long as you're both okay," They responded to Toki's apology with a gentle smile. "It's, uhm... Actually kinda funny - I have a Nidoking, Behemoth."

Taking the time to switch out Akero, El would send out Behemoth; and the one thing that was worth noting about this Nidoking was that despite his name, he was actually quite small. In fact, between his runty size and him equally favoring quadrupedal and bipedal movement, one could mistake him for a fellow Nidorino! "Before I recieved him, he, uhm, was evolved before he was ready." El explained, patting the poison-type's shoulder "Which stunted his growth a bit, as a result."

Behemoth would snort - and initially, he glanced around as if eagerly expecting a tussle. Though, his gaze would soon fall upon Taruk - prompting a flicker of curiosity across his expression. But acting on instinct from Rivalry, he'd decide to puff his chest, and let out a spirited bellow! Behemoth's demeanor wasn't hostile or aggressive, though his behavior read somewhere between a dominance display, and a friendly competition.

(The bellow did spook a Grimer up ahead, though - which belched out a Poison Gas much like a squid squirts ink as it scampered away....

... Smacking into a wall in the process, leaving the poor thing a bit stunned!)
Skipping

close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
75 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 17:12:11 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
"And your knowledge in that regard is less impressive how, exactly?" He stated bluntly. "Book learning is valuable in all fields. Biology, ecology, geography? All that and more is especially useful in our field, so don't be so quick to sell yourself short, El." Toki could sometimes be a little blunt, but only in matters he was serious about, and El's budding expertise was definitely something he wouldn't joke about.

He looked over and saw the Ekans finish its shed in comfort and decided to gently rest on El's shoulder. "See? I think they like you." He said with a warm smile. "All because you were quick to action and knew how to apply what you knew."

El would send out their own Nidoking, who seemed rather small, but boastful. They showed off to Taruk, who was also quite prideful himself, and he also started to puff up and strut his stuff in return, glaring back at Behemoth. Toki looked between the two nervously, but in the end it seemed to be more friendly competition and boasting as opposed to any actual animosity for one another.

Toki then looked over at the spooked Grimer and scratched the back of his head a little. It was dazed, and...oh right! The Rangers wanted to run some tests on Grimer's toxicity...so he pulled out another Pokeball and threw it at the dazed sludge Pokemon. "Well isn't that lucky?"

---

Catching Grimer

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 7:22:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SPINARAK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SNIPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOXIC THREAD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CROSS POISON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON STING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PIN MISSILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VENIPEDE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SPEED BOOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUG BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STEAMROLLER
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FURY CUTTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE GRIMER!

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 9:10:50 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El blinked - seemingly taken off guard by the blunt support that they were getting from Toki. "I, uhm - th-thank you," They briefly stammered - finishing with a soft and sheepish laugh, cheeks flushing. It was hard to really argue against that - between the sound logic, and the firmness that Toki spoke with.

Glancing to the snake now resting around their shoulders though, El took in a deep breath, before mentioning "I... really like reading about pokemon, to be honest - did it a lot as a kid. Getting to know the creatures we share this big wide world with - it's great, isn't it?" They offer Toki a shy - but warm - smile with this. "And... if it helps me as a Ranger, all the better, right?"

Behemoth met Taruk's gaze without even a moment's hesitation, as they both made displays at one another. Things would likely feel tense to those looking in from the outside... And yet, there wasn't any genuine hostilities between the two. Before long, Behemoth appeared to have had his fill - snorting and making a satisfied nod.

He could accept the nidorino as an equal - though Taruk best not get comfortable, lest he be surpassed.

In the meantime though, El - noticing Toki catching the grimer - smiled. "Oh yeah, that's a pretty nice find." They agreed - and glancing ahead, they added "There's a couple neat bug-types over there, too!"

Indeed, a Venipede and Spinarak - both seemed content to mind their own businesses for the time being, the former gnawing on some moss growing at the base of a steamvent, and the latter preparing a web for themself.

"I - uhm - don't have him on my belt right now, but I've got a Scolipede - Konchu - and he makes a pretty good steed." El mentioned - adding "It's... sorta like riding a bouncy horse? But less jarring than it sounds." Not to mention with Konchu's size, he was actually pretty well suited to multiple passengers.
Skipping

close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
75 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 7:02:49 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
"There you go." He gently pat El on the shoulder as he smiled back. "I never really did a lot of Pokemon training, though my dad's part of a well known conservation organization, so I learned a lot of things from him whenever he was home. It wasn't until a few years back I met my first Pokemon, Azura. I wasn't...in the best place back then. She turned out to be my inspiration to do something more with my life." He reminisced happily.

"All that reading gives you knowledge, and in this kind of work that's second only to hands on experience. I'm sure once you get some more missions under your belt you'll do great things for the Rangers and for Hoenn. I believe that."

Taruk let out a grunt of acknowledgement and turned away from Behemoth, having done enough grandstanding for one moment. He was always on the lookout for any challengers to face him, so he wouldn't get complacent.

Toki nodded as the Grimer was successfully captured. He put the ball away and would turn it into Ranger HQ as soon as he got back. For now, El was pointing out that some Bug types were nearby. "Konchu? Heh, I understood that reference." He smiled with a slight chuckle before brushing his chin. He decided that the Venipede would be a good option. It was chewing on some moss...maybe he could offer it some food.

He approached cautiously and pulled out a small veggie snack for Pokemon and waved it gently for the Venipede. It cautiously skittered forward and nibbled slightly at the treat as Toki placed it down for them. He smiled and sat down as he watched the Venipede ate. Once it looked like it had its fill, Toki took out a Pokeball and threw it. The Venipede didn't move, content with the situation.

----

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 3:31:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GASTLY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEAN LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PAYBACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HAZE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SLUGMA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WEAK ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AMNESIA
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BODY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]YAWN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE VENIPEDE!
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 1:34:19 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El still appeared a bit flustered and sheepish, but the smile on their face was bright and genuine all the same. To be told that they had real potential, for a career that they had chosen for themself... It felt great, really. "You'll do great, too!" They responded, giving a happy nod. "We'll both make a difference out here, I'm sure of it. Maybe we'll even get to be Elites, together!"

There was a figurative skip to their step at the notion - one that had Bibidi casting a warm endeared gaze towards them. To become an Elite, to win some Contests, maybe even get a few gym badges from nontraditional challenges... That was what they'd do with their life - and they'd make their family proud in their own way! Briefly, they wondered what would think, seeing them charging into the world like this...

The mention of the reference would get two simultaneous reactions out of El, though. On one hand, they were once more a bit sheepish at their nerdish naming conventions being noticed - but on the other hand, their eyes lit up at Toki saying he understood it. "You - uhm - you know Monster Hunter, too?" They questioned with an excited hue - the fingers of their left hand fidgeting against the grip of the cane. "I play it bunches! I, uhm, even have this-"

Briefly, they turned around to fuss with their messenger bag - lifting it to show a couple of plushie keychains hanging from it. One was of a red dragon whelp, from World of Warcraft - but the other was undeniably Monster Hunter, being a poogie dressed up as a Deviljho. "It's really cute, isn't it?" Notably, there were a number of game-related stickers on El's cane as well; ones relevant to Final Fantasy, Sims, and Digimon.

It seemed that Toki had taken interest in the venipede though - and they watched with a smile as he got out snack for the little bug-type. "That's gonna be a pretty one," They mused with a warm chuckle - glad to see that she appeared more than happy to go with Toki. They'd take a brief moment to take note of the pokemon the duo had seen so far - including a passing slugma - before preparing to move on.

However, that was when a Gastly popped out of a nearby wall - practically jumpscaring El! They yelped as they stumbled back - nearly falling backwards into Bibidi. The ghost-type would begin to laugh in response, clearly the mischievous type... Only for the gastly to end up spooked in turn, when a certain Midas the Gholdengo popped out of his pokeball, to jumpscare her back!

It appeared it was all in good fun though, as the two ghost-types began to laugh amongst themselves - and El, in turn, couldn't help a laugh too. "Guess that's one way to make friends?" They mused humorously to Toki, pulling an empty pokeball from their bag. If the two were hitting it off that well, then they wouldn't mind having a Gastly around...
Catching Gastly

close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
75 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 1:59:56 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
Elites. That seemed like such a lofty goal for Toki right now, but El's friendly optimism had a positive effect on him. "Don't lose sight of that optimism, you hear me? The world needs more of that these days. Cynicism won't do us any good once things start to improve. So yeah. Let's reach those heights together." He said confidently.

He thought about the conflicts going on. Between Rangers and Rocket. He thought about the mysterious Rocket member, . While he didn't learn their name, there was something about them that definitely challenged the notion that Rocket consisted of just evil-doers and criminals. It was more than that. One wrong turn and he might have ended up in a similar situation as them. That broke his heart.

"I've been playing Monster Hunter for years! Love that franchise. It's always nice to meet another fan." He said, beaming. He looked at the keychains and smiled "Aw look at those. I have a few plushes and figures myself back home."

He recognized all of the franchises El showed "Ah man I love all of this stuff..." He said wistfully. He smiled as he put Venipede's pokeball away. "I have a pretty good number of Pokemon of so many different types. It's almost overwhelming training them all sometimes..."

Toki reached over and helped El steady themself alongside Bibidi when the Gastly scared them. At first he was a little defensive, but as soon as Midas scared them back and seemed to have a good laugh about it, he calmed down, especially as El captured it. "Well as long as they had fun, yeah?"

---
Skipping

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Steamed Hams [DW]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 4:10:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TURTONATOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]INCINERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHELL SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHELL TRAP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAGMAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] VITAL SPIRIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME BURST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE GASTLY!