gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
You will die with a kiss on your lips and a lie in your heart.
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 18:06:56 GMT
Nikolaj Volosenkov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikolaj1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nikolaj frowned from behind his Ranger-issued gas mask, surveying the damage caused by a pack of aggressive Grimer and Muk. They usually did not wander this far into the woods outside Oldale Town, yet the damage to the forest suggested few other causes.[break][break]

Sludge had seeped into the vegetation, destroying underbrush and killing trees. A cloud of toxic fumes from the Pokémon's STENCH hung low in the air. Without a gas mask and protective gear, Nikolaj guessed the poison would start eating away at his skin.[break][break]

"Be careful," he warned , who had accompanied him as the only other available Ranger. "Steel-types are immune to poison, so use one if you have them."[break][break]

As Rangers of Oldale, they'd been called to locate the Grimer and Muk for capture. Nikolaj carried several empty Pokéballs in his backpack, enough to collect the roaming Pokémon. There was little, however, they could do for the poisoned landscape.[break][break]

In a flash of light, his Magnezone emerged from its Pokéball. "Use MAGNET RISE to fly ahead," Nikolaj instructed the Pokémon. "Pick a path for us to follow that doesn't have as much poison, and alert us to any wild Grimer or Muk that you see."[break][break]

The Magnet Area Pokémon buzzed and led the way into the corroded woods.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Gaslight (B&B)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]--accent:#6C8FE5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 22:46:12 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
maybe papa isn't too happy she's here, but saskia is buzzing with excitement. a ranger mission? with her papa? protecting the town they love? it checks every single box on her list, despite his worry; they gear up and talk strategy for the field (and he has to ask her once or twice if she's listening) but then they're ready and they're there and her smile just

falls. 

the devastation is awful. kirin gets a little too spooked as they move closer and without anything protective on her hooves, saskia thinks it's best to recall her. so she replaces her with oleg instead.

the little alien decides quite promptly to teleport himself on top of sasky's shoulders. she would have hoisted him up there anyway so she doesn't mind. 

"i don't yet," she says sadly, adding it to a running mental checklist of things she needs to do. said checklist is pointless because whatever is mentally written on it is then completely forgotten five minutes later. by sasky, anyway. oleg remembers and will be sure to attempt to remind her in about a week with little headaches (not that that will help her actually remember what she'd forgotten). 

"but oleg will help - i'm sure!"

they walk carefully through the forest and once, sasky stops to stoop down. she graces a gloved hand against a toxin-imbibed root and frowns. oleg beeps a melancholy tone. 

"do you think the grimer and muk are acting like this because of everything that's going on? and i found a tera crystal around here a couple weeks ago..."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2023 13:26:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nikolaj turned his head to consider Oleg. The Elgyem must have been a new addition to Saskia's collection of Pokémon, as he'd never seen it before. Psychic-types were quite effective against poison, however, so he nodded in approval at her choice.[break][break]

"It's possible," Nikolaj admitted as they followed his Magnezone through the sludge-soaked forest. The way the trees withered away reminded him of a plague. Unfortunately, there weren't any signs of Grimer or Muk yet.[break][break]

"You found a Tera crystal here? With Greyson?" Nikolaj supposed he shouldn't have been surprised. Saskia had signed up to be a Ranger, which meant it was her job to deal with dangerous situations like this one. And besides, she was an adult now, no matter how much he still saw her as his baby girl.[break][break]

So instead of reprimanding her for staying out of trouble, he asked, "How's Greyson doing, anyway? Haven't seen him much since he became a gym leader and moved away." And that had been years ago.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nikolaj1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nikolaj1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 14:46:36 GMT
"yeah!" she says brightly and tells him about answering the call to action on kirin's back and how kirin almost ran over someone and wouldn't ya know? that someone was greyson. her smile strains though and she laughs a little nervously when she admits she accidentally broke the crystal instead of scavenging it. 

"he's good, i think! he seemed kinda stressed. he told me he was gonna help me train maugrim, but he's been really busy, i think. did you know he's one of the elite four now?"

and here she is, trying to keep her balance because oleg has started mimicking the sounds of a plane and has his arms stretched out over her head, intent on driving her around like his own personal aircraft. 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 17:15:13 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nikolaj listened attentively as he followed his Magnezone through the poisoned woods. He could not help the small smile that touched his face at Saskia's retelling. His daughter hadn't changed one bit; she was still the reckless, rambunctious person she'd been as a child.[break][break]

A part of him hoped she'd grow to become more cautious, but another part of him felt relief. Saskia was his joy and light; he hated the thought of her brightness diminishing somehow.[break][break]

"I didn't. That's good for him. I guess he was always the ambitious sort."[break][break]

They followed a bend between the trees and found themselves atop a slope covered in sludge. At the bottom, huddled amongst each other, were a half-dozen small Grimer and three huge Muk.[break][break]

"Here they are. What's the plan, Ranger?" Nikolaj asked his daughter, testing her.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 2:30:29 GMT
ambition. does that mean she doesn't have ambition, if she hasn't been able to reach the heights he has? and so quickly? no, no - she can't be too hard on herself. she's learned so much and she could be on her own if she wanted to. she's just...still figuring things out. 

trees are creaking. one of them fells right in front of them and rolls down the slope. a couple of the grimer just slowly crawl over it and eat it through. she looks in dismay at the toxic pollution. papa asks her what to do and she furrows her brows. 

it's just so weird. oldale's pride and joy is its wildlife and stretches of it are protected by the rangers. streams are kept clean, its forests free of trash. these grimer shouldn't have even been able to spawn, nevermind coalesce like this. 

and why here? fluctuating in one grimy mass like this?

"we gotta take it slow. it's not normal. look how many there are!" she says in hurried, hushed whispers. "oleg, see if you can get closer to the cluster. but be careful." 

he beep-boops and teleports up into the trees above them. and then blips two trees down, going lower and lower with his short little hops, until he's right above them. while looking on, though, the mass starts writhing. the grimer all groan in unison and start rolling over each other in waves; a humongous muk emerges from the center.

it moans up at the tree and reaches towards the little alien. "oleg!" he beeps spastically and then steadies himself with one little arm against the tree. the lights on his face flash in unison and a psybeam blasts a small hole straight through the center of the muk.

the mass shudders at once and turns away from oleg, towards the source of noise: right where sasky and nikolaj stand.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 13:48:02 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"A closer look" was not really what Nikolaj had in mind in terms of a plan of action, but he supposed confirmation of the situation wasn't the worst idea.[break][break]

However, the mass of Pokémon was now surging up the slope toward him and Saskia. Their time for a closer look had run out.[break][break]

Nikolaj swore under his breath. Then he said, "Sasky, call Oleg back. Magnezone, DISCHARGE."[break][break]

Only when the Elgyem was safe again at Saskia's side did the Magnezone attack the Grimer and Muk with electricity. The forest lit up, sparks flying in all directions. Nikolaj put his arm out to shield his daughter and stepped them both backward, away from the slope.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 19:17:53 GMT
"oleg, come back!" and thankfully, he listens. he's not strong enough to teleport all the way over to them, worn from what he's already done, but he flits through the trees and then leaps from the last one, landing heavily in saskia's arms. she oomphs as she circles her arms around him and watches papa's magnezone unleash a powerful wave of electricity. 

they mass doesn't seem to like that very much. 

oh!

she reaches for another pokeball at her belt as he starts moving them away from the crawling sludge. her gastrodon emerges beside them and shakes its head, the sides of its slug-like body rippling when it senses the danger around them. 

"i have an idea! look! gastrodon, use rain dance on all those grimer." the armored slug turns and does just that, summoning a torrent of rain to fall below them. the slope gets slippery and those that had recovered from their paralysis lose traction, moaning as the fresh rain weakens their grimy bodies.

and now they're perfectly vulnerable to another discharge from papa's magnezone. 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 22:07:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Understanding dawned in Nikolaj when Saskia released her Gastrodon and ordered it to use RAIN DANCE.[break][break]

"Smart thinking, dochka," he praised her, grasping her shoulder in one of his hands and squeezing lightly. Then he turned his attention to the mass of Grimer and Muk at the bottom of the slope. "Again! DISCHARGE!"[break][break]

Electricity filled the air once more, boosted by the torrent of water. The Poison-type Pokémon cry out in pain, many falling unconscious, others becoming paralyzed.[break][break]

The enormous Muk, however, managed to fire a GUNK SHOT at Saskia's Gastrodon before slumping atop the others, locked in paralysis. The filth and toxins seeped into the slug's body, POISONing it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 17:08:31 GMT
gastrodon's little dance does incredible work. oleg wriggles in her arms, clearly wanting to play in the rain, but he at least has the self-preservation to realize that it's probably not a good idea. nevertheless, saskia promises she'll let him do it next time.

she completely lights up when papa compliments her; her smile is electric. the superpowered discharge fans out over the grimer and the muk and finally the moans die down. the mass slumps all at once. their unique forms become more pronounced. 

in their triumph, she barely has time to throw up her arms in defense when the muk makes one last attempt to hurt them. gastrodon's pinkish body takes on a discolored purple and it trills in displeasure at her side.

she shrugs off her pack and goes rooting around. she wouldn't be much of a ranger if she didn't bring proper supplies on the field! after discarding a couple of burn heals, she finally finds two antidotes. better to be on the safe side. 

"can you help me, papa?" she asks as she holds out one of the antidotes to him. 
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 0:33:31 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Of course," Nikolaj said at once, kneeling next to Saskia and taking the antidote from her. His hands moved expertly to prepare it; anyone who owned Pokémon knew how to administer a potion or an antidote, at the very least.[break][break]

The man sprayed the medicine onto the wound. Within minutes, Gastrodon would feel better, the poison neutralized.[break][break]

Nikolaj stood, removing several empty Pokéballs from his own backpack and throwing them at the incapacitated Grimer and Muk. Several flashes of light filled the area for a brief moment. When they faded, only the balls were left, filled with detained occupants.[break][break]

"Can your Elgyem bring them back up here with its psychic powers?" Nikolaj asked Saskia with a nod at Oleg. He was not going to risk his knees on the steep slope.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 16:07:05 GMT
gastrodon makes some appreciative slug noises as the poison is rendered ineffective. saskia shakes out the rest of the medicine and then drops the empty canister into her bag, holding it out for nikolaj to do the same. it wouldn't be very rangerly of them to leave their trash lying around. 

oleg is more than happy to follow those orders. he beeps excitedly and raises a stubby hand. the lights on his forehead blaze as he focuses hard and the balls at the bottom of the slope start to wobble. unfortunately for them, he'd already used much of his strength bouncing around with teleport, so the balls fall back down to the ground. 

"it's okay, o. we'll go get them together." saskia doesn't exactly take the slope at a run, but it's close enough. together, she and oleg manage to gather the balls and shove them in her backpack. before they go back up, sasky pauses. something dark purple, tinged with green, glitters on the ground.

hmmm. she picks it up and turns it over in her hands and, panting by the time she trudges back up the slope, holds it out to nikolaj with a frown. 

"i think it's a poison tera crystal. maybe that's why they were so strong? and acting so...weird?" but why is it here? and what does this mean for the outskirts of their town?
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Kolya, Chernobog
he / him
May 10
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
heterosexual
ranger captain
ranger captain
awards
135 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolaj
Nikolaj Volosenkov
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 17:19:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Saskia was down the slope before Nikolaj could stop her. He sighed and rested a hand against an unblemished trunk of a tree while he waited for her to return. When she did, she brandished a crystalline object at him. Frowning, he took it into his hands.[break][break]

A Tera shard. He'd heard of them, of course, but hadn't seen one in person yet. If this object had caused the nearby Pokémon to act in such a way, they needed to keep it out of the wrong hands.[break][break]

Nikolaj removed a handkerchief from his pocket and carefully wrapped the Tera shard with it. "We'll take this back to Ranger headquarters with us. They'll know what to do with it," he said.[break][break]

After stowing it away, he ruffled his daughter's hair. The gesture was full of fondness and pride. And though his voice was gruff, a warmth suffused it as he said, "Good job today, Sasky."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Toxic Spill [B&B]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 20:28:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: