awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
something brewed this way comes [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 18:50:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Fact of the matter was that—there was something that caught his attention in the local paper.

The papers had an advertisement about Moonblast Microbrew, which was apparently—going on sale? But wasn’t it so successful with the bar crawl that had taken place in the week leading up to New Year?

Now this was worth looking into.

He had to look into the ad itself, and after contacting the number that was included in the ad, agreed to a meeting because—

Was he doing this to fill the void that the Stray had left behind? Maybe. Slightly.

It was a shame to see a local business, one already known with the locals—to be possibly gobbled up by someone bigger and then all that.

He would be keeping everyone who was already working there with their same jobs, he wasn’t going to do an overhaul of the entire thing and ruin it from inside out.

(As that adage goes, ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t change it’ or something.)

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 2:16:11 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi had become so busy lately with her thesis and her research for Rocket, she had completely forgotten about the ad she'd posted in the paper about her brewery.[break][break]
Because of this, when showed up at Moonblast one afternoon, ad in-hand and a friendly smile slapped across his face, Nomi merely stared at him, blinking in confusion.[break][break]
Valerian caught on faster than she did. The Sylveon got up from his favorite napping spot by the front window, and padded over to the man. He rubbed his head on his leg and purred approvingly.[break][break]
"Oh, right! I put this place up for sale," Nomi remembered, returning his smile with an apologetic one of her own. A faint blush colored her cheeks as she realized her mistake. "Come in, come in," she waved for him to join her at the bar. She was standing next to the taps, fiddling with one that had become clogged recently.[break][break]
"I'm Naomi Sato, owner of Moonblast Microbrew. Feel free to call me "Nomi", most folks do." She eyed him. "So, are you really interested in taking over this place?" She tried to keep her tone even, without sounding overly-eager. As much as she loved brewing, she was ready to move on from Moonblast: she simply had more pressing priorities these days.[break][break]
Like, well, saving the world from certain doom.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]
Nomi's Outfit Inspiration[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 21:23:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I figured, why not help out around here?” was his first reply, looking down and seeing that there was a Sylveon that had approached him, and picked up on his intentions—nothing evil of the sort at all.

Good, good—because he had absolutely no intention of changing what already worked. Something like, ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ or something?

“Plus. I do quite appreciate the taste for local drinks,” he added. It was then he realized something—

“The Brewery was part of the bar crawl earlier in the year,” he acknowledged.

“I loved the taste of the Winter’s Kiss offered at the time. By any chance that was a seasonal offering, right?” he confirmed a few moments later.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 19:14:20 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi beamed at the mention of the Winter's Kiss, last year's signature drink during the winter bar crawl.[break][break]
"Yes! It was seasonal," she confirmed with a swell of pride. "Seasonal specialties are something we're known for here at Moonblast."[break][break]
Nomi often used the fresh lavender that grew outside the brewery in her summer recipes, and there was a rather large pile of it on the bar counter, which she motioned at so her visitor would notice. "I tend to use fresh flowers in summer," she explained. "If you have any recommendations for fun seasonal recipes - or better yet, ideas of your own that you'd like to execute, I'd love to hear them."[break][break]
The young scientist took out a tasting glass and poured a splash of bright yellow beer, the color of sunshine, sliding it over to him without pretense. "For example, this is my most recent iteration of our house beer, Rollout I. It's a session IPA. I was considering taking the base and experimenting with spice - like, red chili pepper or spicy Figy berries." She grinned, expression playful, though her keen eyes watched him curiously. "What do you think of that? Worth trying?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 17:13:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There was something very fragrant wafting through the air—and he turned his attention to the lavender on the counter, before nodding approvingly.

“Seasonal flavors… blink and you’ll miss it,” he mused with a knowing grin on his face. “No wonder people want to come back for more,” he added.

“Flowers, flowers… you’ve already tried using cherry blossom extract for spring?” he ventured a few moments afterward, racking his brains for what other edible flowers he could recall. Clearly, there were few that were coming to mind.

A tasting glass was slid his way, and to be fair, Lars here loved a good lager. Beer was definitely on his top list of drinks, so he took the glass and gave it a sniff before swilling it around much like a glass of wine.

“A spicy kick, to keep you coming back for more to pin down the exact taste. Bottoms up,” he said as he raised the glass her way before taking a sip and letting the flavor sit for a few moments.

He let a few moments of silence pass, before voicing his thoughts on the matter.

“Have you tried adding other fruits and berries as well? For complementing flavors, I mean.”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 1:29:45 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"Oh yes," she nodded. "Cherry blossoms are a common ingredient in my spring brews."[break][break]
She watched him swill the beer and giggled, amused by his dedication to a proper tasting. Contrary to popular belief, there were plenty of beers that benefitted from the same sort of treatment one might give a fine wine.[break][break]
He seemed to like it, which relieved Nomi. He had good taste, which was absolutely required for taking over her brewery.[break][break]
"Yes, I often incorporate berries - sour ones are great for experimental fermentation. The beer turns out quite tart." Those were some of her personal favorites. "Don't worry - if brewing isn't your strong suit, I've got folks who can execute on my recipes. You might enjoy learning the craft, though." She eyed him, trying to get a sense of what sort of man he happened to be. "What do you do, anyway? As your main job?"[break][break]
He had to be at least somewhat important, or financially stable, if he was thinking about buying an established business.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 18:37:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh, don’t worry about that. I have no intention of looking for people to replace who you already have here. They’re already working here, why would I replace them?” he continued as he set the glass down on the bar counter.

“Besides there’s this saying like, ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’, so you have my reassurance the people you have working here keep their jobs.”

To be honest he did more on the consuming, although he did like a lager as much as a cocktail so he could come in for taste-tests every now and then.

As for that job? Well…

(Oh, the internal battle he had trying to decide if he was going to lie or not. But no, he wasn’t; considering that he already lived in Verdanturf and called this place home.)

“I’m one of the Head Rangers,” he continued quietly before scratching the back of his head in sheer embarrassment. That was no lie.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 17:04:43 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

A Head Ranger? Impressive.[break][break]
And useful, she realized.[break][break]
"Oh wow," she commented, smiling brightly. Internally, she felt a small thrill of triumph. If a Head Ranger was going to run her brewery, perhaps she would be able to pick up intel for Rocket from time to time from him. "That's an important position. You must be quite busy these days, given the instability of the region."[break][break]
Nomi refilled his glass, a radiant innocence to her demeanor. It seemed they were closing in on a deal, so she might as well top him off.[break][break]
"If you give me a moment, I can collect the preliminary paperwork for sale. We can get the process started, though I'll need to run everything by my accountant and my lawyer before anything's official." She paused. "May I go ahead and assume you are, indeed, ready to move forward? Afterward, I'll give you a full tour of the grounds."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Social Thread[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 2:22:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: