she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
A Hazy Night at Rustboro [M]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 3:05:46 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
It had been a pretty easy job posting on Rustboro, one that had caught the eye of a certain trainer that had stopped to take a gander at the wanted poster. There had been an outbreak of Pokémon that spewed out such disgusting and noxious fumes that were taking refuge across the city, alongside a reward for volunteers that would go out and get rid of them by any means. Those interested parties would need protection at the police station before getting ready as to not wind up poisoned by something. Vanilla quickly grabbed the poster and would report towards the building as fast as her legs would allow. Not half an hour later and the teen was fully decked out in a proper suit to protect her from the haze and smog.

Proxii, her Rotomphone, on the other hand...

"Bleh, this stinks!" he complained, gruffing to himself inside of her suit. "How come they don't make these things for phones?!" Vanilla snickered to herself. She wouldn't be able to touch him as he was resting inside of her head section, but she could hopefully get her point across. "This shouldn't take too long. We just need to wait for somebody else and clean up the main streets of Rustboro." She said, looking around for another person interested.

"Hopefully it's soon. I'm getting cramped!"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 11:19:27 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Vanilla wouldn't have to wait long - as there was someone else just outside of the station. A young rookie ranger, their armband worn over the sleeve of the suit, and leaning against a walking cane in their left hand. At their side were two pokemon - an Alakazam with a protective mask on, and a Nidoking that was almost small enough to look like a Nidorino.

El had come here intending to help with the fumes problem - namely, to see what had drawn the swarm in in the first place, and potentially encourage them to disperse and relocate. But while they had come here intending to have another Ranger to watch their back, well, it turned out the Ranger in question ended up caught up in other things...

It was a good thing that someone else had just shown up then, right?

Upon hearing the chatter between Vanilla and Proxii, El would perk up - glancing back towards the trainer. They blinked in faint surprise, before smiling - turning around to fully face her. "Oh, hey, are you - uhm - here to help with the fumes problem, too?" They asked, extending a handshake to her. "I was hoping somebody else would come lend a hand! My name's El - and the Alakazam and Nidoking here are Bibidi and Behemoth."

Bibidi would glance to the duo - and reaching out with her mind, she'd gently brush against the two's minds as a greeting. Meanwhile, Behemoth would give a snort and nod.

Though, upon noting that Vanilla appeared a good bit younger than themself, El would quirk their lips a little. Would she be alright, if the both of them ended up having to get up close and personal with the wild swarm?
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 4:13:58 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla looked up to see another person wandering up closer to her and Proxii. They were a fairly interesting group, with an Alakazam and a Nidoking that wandered behind them. Upon speaking up to Proxii and her, she'd return the warm greeting and extend her own arm to grasp onto their own. "It's nice to meet you, El! And yep, I'm here to help out with the poison haze problem." The Rotomphone inside of her suit floated up to the visor in front of her, showing his screen to the other person, alongside the duties given to them by the League authorities. "I'm Proxii and this is Vanilla. We're trainers that were passing by while training to join the Rangers and do the Gym Challenge." The Rotom explained. It was a little ironic, considering the girl looked incredibly young to be out on her own in Hoenn, although she had the look of somebody who had seen their fair share of journies.

Proxii looked at the two Pokemon across from them, taking quick scans of them for its record.

QWCK! QWCK!

Once it had been over, Vanilla led the way down the road as the two were out and about, searching for any signs of poison types spewing the smog in the town. "I think we should be close to the center of town pretty soon. Maybe some of the Pokemon responsible for this should be there. But we should be careful either way. No telling what could be waiting for us."

Proxii Scanned:

Alakazam, the Psi Pokémon. Alakazam's brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this Pokémon an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world. The spoons clutched in its hands are said to have been created by its psychic powers.

Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon. Nidoking prides itself on its strength. It's forceful and spirited in battle, making use of its thick tail and diamond-crushing horn. When it goes on a rampage, it's impossible to control. But in the presence of a Nidoqueen it's lived with for a long time, Nidoking calms down.
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 4:05:11 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El smiled and nodded at the responses given. "Hey, it's nice to meet both of you," They spoke - glancing to Proxii with visible curiosity. The idea of having a Rotomphone was a curious one - though they had yet to find and get a Rotom of their own, for as interested as they were in it. "Being a Ranger is great; although I'm, uhm, probably biased, being a Rookie Ranger myself," They chuckled with this - adding "If you do end up joining and station in Fortree though, I'd be happy to help show the ropes!"

They'd never say no to having another friendly helping hand around, after all.

Proxii's scanning of Bibidi and Behemoth would be met with glances from both pokemon. Bibidi, on one hand, regarded this with curiosity - giving a mental questioning ping to inquire about what the Rotom was doing. Behemoth, on the other hand, seemed unsure of whether to be miffed or indifferent at what he thought was photos being taken without asking - giving a brief snort and raising an eyebrow.

As Vanilla led the way though, El would walk alongside her - nodding in acknowledgement of her explanation. "I... Figured I could have Bibidi see if she can sense other minds out there, as we walk. Though, she probably wouldn't be able to tell humans from pokemon unless she tries to communicate with them, or unless we approach ourselves." They spoke - glancing over to the alakazam in question. Even if they didn't know if the presences out there were friend or foe, it'd keep the group from getting jumpscared by something, right?

Which, as Bibidi's eyes met theirs, she would nod. Closing her eyes in deep focus, she'd stretch out her mental awareness - casting a figurative wide net, to see what might be lurking out there.
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 10:04:25 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"Definitely! It would be nice to be in the Rangers with a friend. We've already met a whole bunch!" Vanilla smiled, recalling meeting such wonderful people that may have not known her father, but treated her well regardless. , and many more! Sure she was a bit on the younger side, but as people had told her back in Galar, she had inherited her father's stubbornness. She looked at the Pokémon that Proxii had scanned as she'd take note of their confusion, but thought nothing of it. The Rotom would flash a grin in his Rotomphone form. "Don't worry! I'm trying to be the best RotomDex in Hoenn! I'm on a mission to go and catalogue every Pokémon ever, in order to help all of Rotomkind...and I guess Vanilla could use the help too." The pink haired girl pouted as her phone, Proxii playfully bonking her on the head before the two would focus back on El.

They gave their plan as Vanilla nodded along. It seemed solid so far, and she thought that it would be just what they would need to better maneuver around in the city while on the lookout for whatever would do them harm. "Sounds like a plan, El!" she said, smiling over at Bibidi. "We'll leave it to you then, Bibidi! Help us find some Pokémon!" With that, the team was off over the city.

It wasn't too long of a wait until the Alakazam would sense some beings just nearby a corner, inside of one of the alley. Taking them there, it wasn't long until they'd arrive just in time to see a Wheezing, two Trubbish and a Garbodour. The Massive trash heap was practically exhaling poisonous fumes, enough so that Vanilla could smell it, even in the suit. "They, uh, don't look too friendly..." Proxii said, noting the Wheezing breathing out a fine lavender mist that was reducing the visibility around them.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 2:56:34 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El glanced to Proxii with curiosity as he mentioned his desire to catalogue pokemon - and smiling, they'd nod. "Maybe once this is over, I could uhm, introduce you to some of my other pokemon?" They suggested - briefly wondering what the Rotomphone would make of, say, their Iron Valiant. "I'd love to talk pokemon with you sometime!" Any excuse to nerd out was a great excuse, if you asked them.

Though with Bibidi's help, it didn't take long before the group came across some poison pokemon. And there was no doubt that they had a part in this messy haze that had fallen over the town, the overlapping Stenches from a couple of the pokemon being potent enough to be smelt even through the filter in the mask. Safe to say, neither El nor their pokemon enjoyed this - even Behemoth seemed a bit affected, making a brief growl of displeasure as he rubbed his nose.

But much as Proxii said, these poison-types appeared to be quite territorial. As they took notice of the group, the Weezing would belch out a thicker cloud of poisonous gas. The Garbodour, meanwhile, would let out a low rattling bellow - a clear warning for the trainers to leave - puffing up as if to make itself appear even larger than it already was. The two Trubbish peeked out from behind it - watching carefully, as if considering the situation.

Behemoth, in turn, would respond with a bellow of his own, fists stamping against his chest. He stood tall and confident, horn brandished - a clear dominance display of his own.

El, however, wasn't one to go straight to violence. "Eaaasy, Behemoth. Just keep an eye out." They soothed the Nidoking - looking over the wild poison-types. Reaching down to a bag they had strapped to their hip, they'd pull out some wrapped food - namely, for the pokemon. Though they'd initially intended it as bait - given that it had a pungent smell to it, that was sure to draw the attention of any poison-types - perhaps it'd work as a peace offering?

Setting the bait-food out for the poison types, El would call "It's okay, I'm not a threat - we just want to talk, please." Perhaps, if these wild pokemon were willing to listen to some reason, then El could safely relocate them without a fight?
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 23:00:48 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Proxii's eyes lit up at the mention of being able to go about and add some more Pokémon to his directory. It was akin to the look a kid made when he was informed that the ice cream buffet was all you can eat. "Really?! That would help me out a lot! Thanks, El!" He happily buzzed in the suit, though not before Vanilla would jump back, rubbing her arm. "Hey! No wings in the suit! That hurts!" She frowned, her Rotomphone adjusting itself to rest comfortably in her head visor, leaning on the girl's neck to stay upright.

Back with the stand off between the poison types and the two trainers, Vanilla would carefully get ready to throw out her Pokémon from her belt if things turned sour. The offering was laid out by El, their bounty being some pungent and juicy looking berries. The poisons typed murmured to themselves, the Wheezing halting its gas production as it glanced at the berries, the same with the other Pokémon. They began negotiations as the other Pokémon were at least willing to listen.

"Please, we want to help, but the smog and poison gas that you're making is causing the entire city to become sick." Vanilla began, looking at the four poison types as they'd relax a little, although still on edge. "We don't want to hurt you, but at least move you someplace safe that's not in danger of being cleared out." The girl unknowingly adjusted her posture some, taking a step closer to the group. Almost instantly, she felt a tight pressure around her waist, and her view of the garbodour becoming much closer. "H-Huh?" The towering pile of garbage had grabbed her with one hand before quickly lumbering away, it's footsteps leaving behind piles of garbage as she tried to wriggle her way away.

"Uh, El!" She called out for them to help. The Wheezing and Trunbish would block the Rangers way, still as territorial as ever as Vanilla and Proxii were currently being garbage-napped!

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 7:42:56 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
At first, El was happy to relax partially, to see the wild pokemon relax as well. Maybe now that these poison-types had calmed down, they could talk things out, and El could suggest an alternative home for them? They already had a few ideas in mind, for places that these pokemon might prefer!

But, something about Vanilla's approach - be it the step forward she took, or her words - must have set them off; because suddenly, the Garbodor was grabbing her, and walking off!

"H-hey, wait a minute-" El called, initially intending to give chase; but the other wild pokemon blocked the way, with no intention of letting them pass. For a moment, the ranger couldn't help but let their gaze sweep about for some form of answer - because they did not want to come to blows, but they also didn't want to let their new buddy get snatched away like this!

But as their gaze met Bibidi's own, some sort of wordless consensus was found in the space where her mind met theirs. Thus, with a nod from the Alakazam... She'd switch places with Vanilla and Proxii, with Ally Switch! And - if the element of surprise allowed - she would attempt to follow up by harmlessly pushing back the Garbodor with Telekinesis.

Behemoth, meanwhile, would act protectively - placing himself between El and Vanilla, and the wild pokemon. He - in no uncertain terms - expressed his intent to not let them try that again with a low and rumbling growl, his tail slamming against the ground in a threat display.

"I- I don't want to fight if we can help it. But... if you're going to grab at us or be aggressive, we will defend ourselves!" El called, a hand drifting along their belt as they considered the pokemon they still had in their balls. A glance drifted to Vanilla though - pondering over how she'd go about it, if a fight did break out...

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 7:12:52 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The Garbodor continued along with its captured trainer, Vanilla thankful that she couldn't take in the scent of this gigantic pile of garbage. Her entrapment was cut short, as she'd suddenly find herself standing next to El again. The Garbodor, now holding an Alakazam, would then be pushed back the Telekinesis. It growled, raising its arms as the alleyway grew hazy again. Behemoth stood in front of them, with the rivaling party bearing their fangs in return. The Wheezing puffed itself up, both heads glaring at the two trainers. All attempts at peace seemed to have gone unsuccessful.

But then a Trubbish would peter forward towards Behemoth. It would try to speak with him, with the two watching. Proxii soon perked up inside of Vanilla's suit. "Hang on, I think that this one's trying to tell us something." Vanilla looked down, leaning out of the way of the Nidoking as she watched the small little trash heap. "Can you talk to them, Proxii?" The Rotom would pop out of his Rotomphone home, speaking with the Trubbish. The small Pokemon would talk with the other three of its party, as each would begin to look towards the party. The Wheezing flashed an unhappy gruff look to Behemoth before them going to the Garbodor, who would speak to Proxii. "U-Uh, any luck, Proxii?" Vanilla asked. The Rotom popped back into his phone before translating.

"She says she's sorry for taking you. She's asking for help and wants us to follow it." Proxii replied. The Garbodor grunted and would shuffle down the path leading to the sewers. The Wheezing remained, side eyeing the party while the two Trubbish would hop at them. the one that had approached Proxii would stick close to Vanilla, much to the girl's dismay. the stench on them was horrific, although she wasn't going to let that detail slide out. "I think we should go with them. It might be something important."

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 0:05:19 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
The Trubbish' approach was met with a curious and inquisitive glance from Bibidi, as the Alakazam in question Teleported back to El's side. But on the other hand, Behemoth was less inquisitive - his fangs bared in warning for the Trubbish to back off.

Before things could get dicey though, El would place a hand on the Nidoking's shoulder. They were still a little on edge themself, but if the grab by the Garbodor had been a big understanding... "Hang on, Behemoth." They spoke softly, looking to the smaller poison-type. "Let's hear them out, ok?"

Behemoth wasn't exactly eager to forget the prior grabbing and leave things be - but at El's direction (and Bibidi giving a gentle mental nudge,) he'd grumble and relax his stance.

As Proxii spoke to the poison-type pokemon, Bibidi would join in tbe discussions, being a listening ear and providing the occasional inquiry. All the while, she'd convey her own translation of the conversation to El.

The sense of a request, a need for aid - the ranger quietly nodded as they took in the information provided by Bibidi and Proxii both. "We're happy to help," El spoke with a warm smile as they - with zero hesitation - stepped forward to follow the wild pokemon. "Grabbing at people like that may scare them, though - and it might hurt them, too. So be careful and give humans their space in the future, ok?" They explained, adding "We aren't quite as sturdy as you or other pokemon are."

But either way, the big question on one's mind was: what did these pokemon need help with?
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2023 23:28:25 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The Garbodor shuffled along inside of the tunnels, showing the way forward for the team as the two Trubbish waddled along. Vanilla glanced at El every now and again, their eyes meeting as she'd wonder what they were being led towards. She had been thanked that the Ranger had been present to quickly about her out of the previous situation. They seemed pretty cool, and any sort of Ranger was cool in Vanilla's book!

The party ventured deep into the sewers as a little ways into it, a haunting, sorrowful cry. It was similar to the Gabodour that had been with them, although was more monstrous. Terrors began to fill in Vanilla's head as she could only imagine what was making such inhuman noises. The current Garbodor only hurried their speed while leading everyone forward before they ended up at a large room in the sewers, filled to the brim with trash. Papers, loose garbage can lids, it was sludge of what was hopefully discolored water that squished underneath their feet. It wasn't much longer until it would pile on high, soon any concrete was buried beneath this mountain of garbage. And there, just as the sewer water would lead into a freewill stood a MASSIVE Garbodor. It had been blocking the waterway and by the looks of it, absorbed Boston of the nasty stuff that was in here. It let out a deep groan, eyeing the party as they approached. The smaller Garbodour would speak to Proxii again as he'd translate.

"She says that their nest down here was washed away because of a recent flood and their eggs ended up over there." He said, directing their attention to a bundle of loose garbage current residing on the opposite end of the chasm, tucked neatly between two upper pipes. Purple spotted Pokémon eggs rested, untouched by the waters below.

"Her mate got stuck trying to save them and ended up stuck down here days ago. Even since, he's been absorbing the stuff down here and been unable to free himself."

Vanilla pursed her lips in thought, looking at the waterlogged Garbodor and then back to El. "Maybe that's what's been causing the smog around the city? A Garbodor that's in danger of outgrowing the entire sewer system. So if we manage to free him and unclog this, maybe this should help the poisonous cloud in the city." She offered, smiling at El as she'd offer her two Pokeballs. "If one of us can work on freeing him, the other can try and get the eggs from the other side. But this might take a while. This is a lot of garbage to cut out."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! We don't even know if cutting all that garbage from him is a good idea! What if it hurts him?" Proxii asked, looking over to El for their input.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 4:29:57 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El can't help but wince, at the sight that they're met with within the sewers. Another Garbodor - this one quite massive, and consequently stuck within the waterway - and the eggs of the pair being stranded across the waters. Glancing up to the larger Garbodor, they'd offer a gentle smile. "We're here to help - everything's going to be alright." They spoke soothingly, sympathetically. "Just stay calm for us, okay?"

The thoughts Vanilla shared would be met with a nod from El. "I imagine it doesn't help if he's been feeling agitated, being stuck and unable to reach his children like this." They commented - plenty of pokemon had natural stress responses that were less-than-beneficial to those around them, after all. "I'd like to suggest a change of environment to them, though - if this sewer is prone to floods, it probably ain't safe for the nest or their kids to remain here."

But that raised the question of how they'd go about helping the poison-type family. Proxii was unsure about cutting away the garbage - but El's expression became thoughtful as they looked over the mass that was the Garbodor. "I think as long as you don't cut too closely to the... 'core', of the Garbodor, you should be okay. Take it slow, and do it pieces at a time." Ultimately - even if the garbage was indeed a part of Garbodor - as long as they didn't cut too closely to the true body underneath, it'd be like a sheep getting sheared.

As for the plan as a whole though... "I'll go for the eggs, if you think you can get the father Garbodor free?" El suggested. It'd be easy with Bibidi at their side, after all. "I can let out another one of my pokemon to help out, if things get tricky."

With Vanilla's agreement though, they'd get straight to work. "Let's do a Telekinesis," El suggested to Bibidi - to which the alakazam nodded.

Bibidi's spoons and eyes would light up in a glow as she reached out with her psychic power - carefully enveloping the eggs with telekinetic energy, to lift them from their precarious perch at the opposite side.

These precious bundles would be brought back one by one - whereupon El would pass them to the mother Garbodor for safekeeping. "Wait until we're done to put together a new nest, okay?" They spoke to her - adding "I think I have an idea for a better spot for your family, once your mate is free."
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 0:52:16 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The swollen Garbodor let out another deep and rumbling grunt, more like a soft sigh. But it seemed like everyone involved understood what El had asked of them. The two Trubbish watched in anticipation at what would happen, with the female Garbodor standing on edge. The comment about moving their nesting area would make the mother speak out again, with Proxii acting on he behalf. "She said they'll agree to it, but first they need us to save them." Vanilla tossed out a pokeball, the capsule opening up as her Bisharp was called out. The steel type softing looking at the pile of garbage as its trainer would nod at her partner.

"I'm on it. Let's sharpen those blades of yours, Cutlery!" The blades carefully scratched against one another, slowly sharpening them while Bibidi and El would focus on the eggs. Once it was proficient enough, the teen focused back on the swollen Garbodor. "Now use Metal Claw to carve Garbodor out from the water way! Just be careful." The Bisharp huffed and quickly moved forward with its blades at the ready. One by one, it would make quick cuts along the mass of filthy objects as it would quickly carve its way along the side to free one side of the Garbodor. Vanilla watched with bated breath, eyes scanning along the blades' path as it would begin to saw through an impressive lump of garbage. The entire process took a while, as there was so much contained in the mass that one single strike wasn't enough to cut cleanly.

About five minutes later, the male Garbodor would pull himself back onto the concrete, his body thinner than his mate's as a result of the cutting, but in good health. The backed up waste would finally flow freely again, as water rushed towards the direction of the stream. It wasn't long before everyone was resting on solid ground once more. "Hey, we did it!" Vanilla said, looking over at the nest containing the eggs. The female Garbodor carefully collected the nest from El, her precious cargo held level as to not disturb them. But then came the task of relocating the family. "Now what's your plan about where they can go, El?"

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 3:58:08 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El would spare a glance back to Vanilla and Cutlery as the two got to work on freeing the father Garbodor. They couldn't help but quietly appreciate the name given to the Bisharp - it was honestly a bit cute.

But, their focus would be more on the eggs - making sure that each one would return to the mother's care safe and sound. "There we go," They spoke kindly as the final egg was retrieved - the glow disappearing from Bibidi's eyes and spoons, as she no longer needed to use her psychic abilities. "That should be all of them, right?" They asked, glancing up to the Garbodor for her confirmation.

Which, around the same time, would be when the father Garbodor was freed. Behemoth would offer an arm to help pull him up and out of the canal, allowing for everything to flow as normal. "Great job!" El spoke to Vanilla with a bright smile, nodding in approval. She seemed good with pokemon - and they had a feeling that if she indeed joined the Rangers, she'd fit right in.

But now came the question - where would the family go? "If you're okay with being teleported by Bibidi, I was - uhm - thinking I'd show it to all of you," El spoke, adding "We can teleport you right back here and look for a safer part of the sewers - or visit other cities' sewers - if you decide you don't like my suggestion."

Once the family gave their consent though, Bibidi would once more gather her psychic energy - focusing intently, to make sure that she enveloped everyone, before Teleporting out of the sewers...

... To a part of Petalburg Woods. But, it appeared that the plants here were in a state of decay and rot - brought on by an incident that had occurred here some time ago.

Though El was not eager to return to these parts, it seemed that the woman that they had run into here - - had not reappeared in some time. So, they believed it'd be safe here. "Poison-types are already native in Petalburg Woods, so bringing in a family of Garbodor won't disturb the ecosystem." El began in explanation to Vanilla and Proxii. "The wild pokemon who got scared off from this part of the woods have been slow to return; so the Garbodor family should have plenty of time to adjust to this new environment and find a place to settle down."

Glancing to the Garbodors next, El would smile and address them directly. "The dead vegetation here might not be the same as the garbage you guys are used to - but it'll still be good food for all of you, and there's lots of it. It should feed your family for a good while - even after the eggs hatch." And hopefully, by letting the family eat and break down the rotting plant life, it'd make way for new growth as well. "What do you think?"
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 6:17:13 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The group would end up out of Petalburg Woods, with the Poison types would look at their new surroundings. It wasn't the industrial sort of environment that they had grown used to, with both Trubbish looking at a nearby decayed tree. Vanilla and Proxii had done the same. They quietly wondered what kind of scenario would cause such a poisonous forest as El would begin to explain their plan. It was pretty smart, moving these guys to a place that was farther away and able to handle their usual deeds. "That makes sense! So they'll be nice and taken care of here while getting used to things as other Pokémon slowly return."

The Garbodors chatted amongst themselves before letting out a content chirp of agreement. Even their Trubbish would share the sentiment. "They said this place will be better and less crowded than the sewers. So they'll gladly live here." Proxii translated to them as they continued to speak. "The mother says, "Thank you for helping my mate and children. I'm sorry for causing a scene from before and grabbing the pink one." Vanilla smiled, simply offering a wave to the two. "Oh, it's no issue at all! That's just what Rangers do, after all!" She flashed a sign to Ell, meeting their gaze with a playful smirk. "Like my Dad used to say, "The darker the night, the brighter the stars~"

Some more grumbling and more from the Pokemon as they cheerfully agreed with the two. "Oh, and they also say that if you're ever in need of help or want to stop by, they'll be here. And maybe or maybe not complimenting a devilishly handsome Rotom as a translator." Vanilla snickered to herself, playfully flicking her Rotomphone's location in the suit before looking to El. "Thanks for helping me solve this issue. We should probably go and turn this into the mayor before it gets too late. I'm roasting in this suit from the phone battery."

Proxii flickered to Ell, his smaller phone body resting beside his owner's head. "Yeah! This was fun! If you ever need a translator, lemme know. Buuuut, a master moderator between pokémon and humans can't be anywhere without his apprentice."
"We'll see whose apprentice is whose when it's time for dinner."
"Speaking of which, wanna get some grub, El? I bet there's some good fast food somewhere back home."