stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 2:31:49 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Fingers drift across the spines of old books. Worn from years and years of use in the public education system. Idly, they study the titles with halfhearted interest. They’d be hard pressed to admit it, but Fern enjoyed reading. They liked their English classes, even if they’d started to turn their skills into an under the table profit.[break][break]

Today, though, they aren’t interested in finding some old novel to check out with the curmudgeonly old librarian up front. Sunlight slants through the tall windows on the far wall, warming the study tables that reside in that area.[break][break]

They wonder—will he turn up today? He’s not assigned to tutor them today, but Fern finds him here often. Hidden among the rows of books and tucked away like a dusty, displaced bookmark.[break][break]

The itch of impending summer is rife under their skin, and they have to know what he will do with all that extra time. If he isn’t holed up in the quieter parts of the school, will he do the same at home? Is there any possibility that Fern might coax him out?[break][break]

They lean against a shelf, battered copy of some old Steinbeck novel in hand. Not their favorite, truth be told, but they skim it all the same. Just until they spy a familiar mop of dark hair. Their lips twist with mischief as the book snaps shut in their hand with an audible snap.[break][break]

Definitely enough to draw his attention. Hopefully. If that’s not enough, Fern ducking around to stand in front of with a chirpy “Hiya,” should do the trick.
[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5fb2c9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 4:05:09 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase jaybirdy"]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] the library is quiet.

[break][break] jayden enjoys the quiet. it isn't loud, the way that the hallways are, isn't obtrusive the way that cafeterias are. most people avoid him in here, or maybe they simply don't realize he's there. alexei doesn't bother him in here either, too busy with his meetings with the student council or key club. dmitri's esteemed eldest could not be any less important, after all.

[break][break] and of course, it is the place where he met them.

[break][break] and speak of the devil.

[break][break] the junior blinks, looking up to find themselves staring at a familiar set of teal eyes. in his own hands is a book that is not quite closed, pale hands cradled against it's spine.

[break][break] it reads 'the cursed prince.'

[break][break] "hey."

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.jaybirdy]--accent:#925cdd!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#64CDCD;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size:13px;text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 19:41:00 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Jayden notices them, and they sweep a hand through bright lilac hair, obviously box dyed.[break][break]

Fern tilts sideways around him to peer down at his book with curious eyes. “Good read?” They haven’t read this one. Mostly ‘cause they tend to gravitate to old literature, the classics. Or plays. Especially plays.[break][break]

Their attention only lingers on the book in his hands for a little while, though. After a beat, their eyes are lifting back to his, and a smile begins stretching across their face. “Thought I might find you in here.”[break][break]

Pausing, Fern leans up to peek across the library to make sure they aren’t attracting the attention of the librarian with their chattering. “You gonna hang out here all day, or..?”[break][break]

The clock on the wall ticks steadily toward the end of last period. They don’t have any extras today. A brief reprieve before theater practice starts every night in the build up for opening night of the spring musical.

[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 20:21:14 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] "i... don't know." the boy frowned, looking down at the book that he had just opened. it had an inviting cover, but he had not yet read it.

[break][break] in fact, it was the first time he had picked up anything that wasn't strictly for education. much of the time, he spent his days devouring mathematics or chemistry equations; the other half of the time was spent looking up political systems upon his brother's suggestion. today was the first day that he had been encouraged to look at something fictional, and it was the golden spine that had drawn his attention to it.

[break][break] jayden tilted his head at them when they spoke to him —

[break][break] "...?"

[break][break] he wasn't sure if it would be called 'hanging out.' he merely enjoyed the library because it was quiet, but it wasn't as if he was bound to it in particular.

[break][break] "why do you ask?"

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size:13px;text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 20:34:24 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Brows furrow together as their head tilts. “Oh. Hope you enjoy, then. It’s got good reviews, I think.” Their own book thumps against the table, untouched for now.[break][break]

Now that they think about it, they can’t recall ever seeing Jayden with anything fictitious in hand. It’s always some dry, wordy textbook. Littered with symbols and numbers they’ll probably never really understand.[break][break]

They hum, finger tapping against their cheek as they look away for a moment. “Just curious! Are you busy?” Rather than sit in a chair, they hop up on the table itself, legs kicking and shoulders hunching as their hands curl around the fake, plastic coated wood.[break][break]

Fern continued to look down at him, chin nestling against their own shoulder as their smile curls, coy and thin like the Cheshire cat’s before it splits into a toothy grin.[break][break]

“I thought maybe you’d want to, I dunno, chill after school or something.”

[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 20:37:43 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] he blinks, startled by their movement. not for the first time, his gaze is drawn to theirs as they leap upon the table, kicking freely at the space between them.

[break][break] "'chill?'"

[break][break] his gaze wandered over them, looking down at their outfit with scrutiny. it didn't look particularly revealing, and it was warm enough outside that they could've probably walked around with less and been fine.

[break][break] "are you cold?"

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 17:40:59 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “Huh? No, I’m fine.” They laugh, brows knitting together as they wonder why on earth he asked such a thing. It was was the cusp of summertime, heat hung heavy in the air in any place that wasn’t severely air conditioned, and Fern dressed to cater to that.[break][break]

Loose, light clothes. Thin cotton fabric, nothing too heavy and cumbersome on skinny arms and legs.[break][break]

He always says such odd things at strange moments. Admittedly, it’s a part of him that has made Fern so curiously…fond of Jayden. And then it dawns on them and they laugh more.[break][break]

The sound bright, clearly entertained.[break][break]

“I mean, I meant chill as in hang out, not the weather.”

[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 18:59:23 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] they laugh, and it is bright and uncontained, like the sound of silver bells. the first time jayden heard it, he had flinched, not used to such a sound. his own household did not have such laughter, did not have emotions expressed so much in the open. sitting next to and in his formulary years had not prepared him for it either.

[break][break] but now, hearing it in the quiet study of the library, something warm and careful starts to sprout in his chest.

[break][break] "oh," he breathes, blinking at the other. no one had ever asked him to hang out before. not like this.

[break][break] normally, jayden would have said no. after all, alexei often had things for him to do after school. but today alexei was busy, and father would be working late. so there was nothing in the way of him saying yes.

[break][break] "what did you have in mind?"

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 19:29:34 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] They are curious about him. It’s what provokes them to continue finding their way back to the solitary tables he sits at. Why they are so keen to interact with him in a setting outside of school grounds. How does he change? Or does he stay the same? What might make a smile bloom on his face no matter how small or mild?[break][break]

“Dunno!” he chirps in response, shoulders shrugging nonchalantly as his legs continue to kick at the air. Fern’s upper half swivels toward Jayden, smile bright and conspiratorial.[break][break]

“What do you like to do outside of school? We could get coffee? I could snoop around and see if there’s any parties going on tonight.”[break][break]

Though imagining someone like the other cutting loose at a house party is sort of funny. And maybe fanciful for how put together he is.[break][break]

“The world’s an oyster and all that, yannow?”
[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 22:55:04 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] jayden does not understand it, truly. why they keep coming around, why continue to talk to him despite having so many other options.

[break][break] "like to do...?"

[break][break] what did jayden like to do? he was not sure. he didn't even know what the word like meant.

[break][break] his nose scrunched at the word parties though. that hardly seemed like the environment for him.

[break][break] "what do you like to do? we can just do that."

[break][break] easier that way.

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 22:36:33 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] They nod enthusiastically. “Yeah! Like in your spare time. Hobbies, whatever.”[break][break]

Personally, they think a party would be tons more fun if he were there. It’d be interesting to see how he acts, what he chooses to do in a situation like that. There’s also the fun that could result of their being there together, but that was another matter entirely.

And they know they must tip toe in that department if they want to succeed. Lest they scare him off like a frightened bunny.[break][break]

But judging from the expression that flits across his normally impassive face, a party seems like a no-go.[break][break]

Fern’s nose wrinkles. “What? I asked you first!” Their head tilts as they lean forward, fingers still curled around the table edge. A curtain of straight, violet hair hangs in their face as they glance his way. Laughing all the while.[break][break]

Their smile doesn’t fade as they stubbornly watch him. Expecting an answer.

[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 17:22:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] spare time? the more that this spoke, the more confused jayden became. even so, he can't seem to look away. it's like staring at the sun, knowing you'll be burned.

[break][break] "i asked you second."

[break][break] he blinks, a gentle flush on his cheeks at their close proximity. fingers close around the spine of the book that he's holding. their smile is beaming, burned into their memory forever.

[break][break] ".. what do you like to do? you can show me what you like."
[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 2:16:30 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] They laugh, head tilting back as the sound rumbles out of them. “Can’t argue with that, I guess.” Fern leans forward, hovering nearer still to him, smile curling mischievously.[break][break]

One hand darts out, fingers curling so that they can rap a knuckle gently against his forehead. Thumping soft against dark strands of hair. “That’s some logic ya got there, Cross.” It’s said with teasing sarcasm as they hop down from their table perch.[break][break]

They don’t fail to note, though, the soft flush on his cheeks before they step once toward the door. Adorable, really.[break][break]

“Lots of stuff,” Fern turns, then looks back over their shoulder. “C’mon then—like you said, I’ll show you.”

[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 22:40:12 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] it happens too quickly.

[break][break] the soft tap against his forehead, knuckles thumping against smooth skin.

[break][break] the flush grows brighter.

[break][break] "you'll... show me?" he mumbles after, blinking as he stepped through the doorframe and after . like pulled by a string of fate, a baby bird that went fluttering after a pretty gem, jayden followed the other student through the doorframe.

[break][break] what did other kids find fun? what did fern find fun?

[break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
973 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
lavender forever [au]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 4:04:19 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “Yeah, just like you said. Show you.” Their smirk hitches wider as they cast a look back over their shoulder at him again before they waltz out of the library doors.[break][break]

Down the long stretch of empty hallway toward the exit to student parking. Their shoes squeak on the waxed linoleum. But they swivel on their toes, fingers closed around one bag strap as they face Jayden. Walking backward casually so that they can keep their eyes on him.[break][break]

Him and that cute, bright red blush. Could they provoke it more?[break][break]

“So. Hope you don’t mind. My car’s kinda ratty.” An old hunka metal that their da could barely afford. Fern had to work part-time after school to help cover the cost.[break][break]

It didn’t always run on cold days. But it’s treasured all the same.

[break][break]

// high school au!!

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]