lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
i wanna be your high [au]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 21:53:03 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]The sun had slowly started to sink by the time coach blew the whistle to end practice. Dark wasn’t falling fast, but it was just enough to turn the sky a hazier shade of gold. Turning away from the net he’d been headed for, Lam jogged back toward the benches where the rest of the team had gathered for any closing remarks before their next practice. Despite feeling out of breath, he didn’t scramble for the water cooler or the water bottle in his bag just yet. No doubt expecting to be chided for not paying attention if he did.[break][break]

His fingers laced together and rested on top of his head as he tried to slow his breathing. The studs on his shoes sink into the grass as he rocked on his heels. They’d been run a bit ragged that day, for sure. It made sense—play-offs were fast approaching, and they were supposed to be in tip top shape. Even the second string who sat bench more often than not were being pressed more to have precise aim and good passes when navigating the field.[break][break]

Across the gaggle of other teammates, his glance connected with Rook’s, who was no doubt feeling the burn of being put to work more than was typical. The smallest of smiles tugged at the corners of Lam’s mouth. Almost shy, but still playful before he bit down on his bottom lip to quell it somewhat.[break][break]

“Logan.” His attention shifted reluctantly away from making eyes at the other to look at their coach. “You’re on clean up. Make sure you remember to actually lock the shed this time.” A sheepish laugh muddled his words as he agreed. Key player or not, there was no avoiding the fact that he could be forgetful as hell if it didn’t involve movement up and down the playing field, or mentally working out offensive strategies at the slightest shift in gameplay.[break][break]

Even the admonishment did little to set him back, though. As the team was dismissed and everyone broke up to grab their bags and go home after a long day of school with practice on top of that, he drew toward Rook instead. “Coach was sorta tough on you today,” he commented quietly as he peeled the clingy fabric of his practice jersey away from his skin before letting it fall. “You kept up well, though!”[break][break]

Reaching for the netted ball bag on the bench, he jerked his head out toward where a litany of soccer balls were scattered across the field. “Wanna play some more when I’m done? Just us?” The way his smile returned, and the particular twist of it betrayed the fact that this was his plan to get more time with Rook. That he was not so subtle in angling to spend every moment possible with him. Maybe it wouldn’t be as fun today, because he was pretty beat too. But it was way better than sitting at a table as Rook tried to explain algebra to him…again.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- high school au[break]
- manifesting soccer skills for rook

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 15:44:31 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

His fingers were still rooted to the hem of his jersey, knuckles paper-white. Coach must have noticed because his tone changed, a flicker of a question that he didn't actually ask. For a second, Rook felt sick, nodding hastily as he was excused. "Yes, coach, sorry coach." His heart was beating a little too fast. It didn't make sense, but that disappointed tone still carried over, regardless of who it was. Maybe he'd made a mistake, joining the team. He was too soft, too clumsy, and definite too useless at just about anything that required actual skill.
[break][break]
The rest of the team regarded him with the same carelessness as the cones they used for practice, but he couldn't necessarily blame them. He'd done nothing to make himself a valued member of the team. Of course, there were exceptions. Not everyone was cruel and, most notably, there was Lam. Unlike the others, he stuck around. It was the only way he could feel useful.
[break][break]
"Yeah... guess he kinda was." He said, a little absently, picking up the cones that were left out. It was technically Lam's job to do, but he was used to doing it. "Did I? Don't feel like I did." He sighed, realizing he was feeling sorry for himself, again. His eyes darted up, immediately recognizing the way his face heated up upon seeing the other stripping his shirt away. It wasn't like he hadn't seen it before, but lately things had been odd. Well, different. They were different. Sorta.
[break][break]
There wasn't a name for it and he didn't expect anything. His mind started rambling, once again fixated on the freckles on Lam's shoulders. He looked back down at the cones. "Are you sure? Doesn't sound like a fair match up." He laughed lightly, finishing the tower of cones off before kicking one of the balls towards Lam to collect.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rook]--accent:#4D8DCC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rook]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 19:38:02 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]Lam frowned, eyes studying the way Rook seemed to close in on himself as he talked to their Coach. It wouldn’t have been the first time he noticed the way he made his demeanor smaller, though it felt less to do with coach being tough on him so much as something else. He didn’t pry, though, and his glance darted away as they parted ways. Anything to look like he hadn’t been being nosy and concerned just then.[break][break]

Still, some of that downtrodden mood bled over. “Youuuu okay?” he asked quietly, tipping sideways to nudge Rook with his shoulder. Rather than hover, he stooped to pick up another cone and added it to the stack. He didn’t think Rook was that bad, really. With a little more practice Lam was sure he’d be a pretty decent player in no time. But it was hard when outside pressure to be immediately good was mixed in. The stress alone almost made it harder to succeed.[break][break]

So when Lam offered, it wasn’t because he thought Rook needed to see results faster. He just thought maybe if it were quieter and less intense, the skill would come more easily. “Yeah, for sure! It didn’t seem like you lagged or anything. Not to me, anyway. Plus, you totally knocked the ball away from Danny. I know he played it off like he tripped, but I think he was just mad he fumbled.” He grinned at the other as he pulled a ball back with his foot and juggled it up into the air to catch it for the bag.[break][break]

The other fact is the matter was that he wanted to be around Rook, plain and simple. Lam wasn’t oblivious to the shift in how he felt. He’d always sort of had an inkling of interest, and more and more it had just changed. Or grown, really. So maybe he wasn’t exactly innocent in the move to switch from shirts to skins. Not that he was really expecting Rook to openly ogle him or something, but in his defense—it was still pretty hot out![break][break]

Shielding his eyes from the sun, he watched the ball that Rook sent his way and again, let it roll up his foot and into the air before it dropped back down into the bag he aimed below it. “What, you don’t think I’ll go easy on you?” he tossed a look over his shoulder as he turned to gather up the more stray soccer balls, dragging the bag in the grass behind him. “Unless you don’t want me to.” His eyebrows waggled as he bit down on his grin. “Then all bets are off.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- high school au[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

roux

Rook
he/him
Twenty-Six
june 27
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
bi-sexual
art thief
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
217 posts
Ikarus Rook DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ikarus
Ikarus Rook
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 15:38:30 GMT
Ikarus Rook Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rook"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Yeah I'm fine, just... kinda tired of disappointing people." It went deeper than that, but he didn't know how to explain it without feeling like he was being whiney about it. The last thing he wanted was for Lam to think he was a downer to be around. Normally, he was a pretty optimistic and goofy guy. It was just difficult lately for him to stay so sunny all the time.
[break][break]
If anything, he was simply glad that Lam wanted to be around him. Still, he couldn't help but wonder why the other boy seemed to like him. Not that he was going to complain about it.
[break][break]
It was nice that Lam was willing to practice with him. Granted, it was probably just to pay him back for the algebra help. Rook liked studying with the other, it made him feel useful. Lam was smarter than he gave himself credit for, but Rook figured he was like that too (constantly underestimating his own abilities, that is).
[break][break]
"Yeah?" Slowly, a smile started to take root, "Well, I have been working on it a little. Even if I don't know what to do after that point. Kinda freeze up whenever I get the ball... the hard part, I guess." He wasn't always the best at thinking on his feet. Hell, he was lucky if he could go without tripping over himself.
[break][break]
"Are you planning to go easy on me?" He scoffed. "Hey, I don't need you to hold back." Immediately after, he realized he actually probably needed that assistance. It felt too humiliating though, like bumpers up on a bowling alley.
[break][break]
"You might demolish me, but I'm not a baby."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rook]--accent:#4D8DCC;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rook]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rook .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 18:22:21 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]“Like..?” He wasn’t exactly trying to be nosy, but it wasn’t like a lot of their conversations were usually deep. Unsurprisingly, for two teenagers, discussion usually revolved around stupid goofy shit. Or like, gossip and sports and hobbies. Or…regretfully, algebra. If Rook didn’t want to talk about it, Lam wouldn’t pry too hard, but it was difficult to not be curious when really he wanted to figure out everything he could about the other. Serious shit included. [break][break]

Which actually felt like a bit of a feat for Lam, who took most everything with a grain of salt. Maybe that was a part of it, though. Rook was different, and being around him felt different too. Not in a bad way at all. Lam just…enjoyed it more. It didn’t feel difficult to talk or laugh around him regardless of what they were doing.[break][break]

“Definitely,” his head nodded rapidly. Finally, he managed to collect the last of the soccer balls, save for one left out. Lazily dribbling it over to where Rook stood with the stack of cones, he propped his foot on it to stop it in place and then dropped the tied off bag next to the rest of the supplies. “I can tell you’re practicing. And if it’s freezing up you’re worried about, I think the more you get used to footwork, the more instinctively it comes.”[break][break]

“Soooo…” Lam chewed his lip as he looked over at Rook before lifting his foot off the ball and rolling it across the short space for him to take over. No more an an armswidth, but he lifted his brows at him as he jogged backward a few paces in the direction of the net. “How ‘bout you try and get by me? Lam was usually put in the left hand offensive position, but that didn’t mean he hadn’t been required to learn defense as well.[break][break]

Chill as his family was, his father in particular had always been gungho about the sport and so he’d been taught all the potential angles he could play from. Not that Lam had minded–it was something he actually felt good at, unlike classes.[break][break]

“Alright then, I won’t!” he said, laughing as he held both hands up in surrender. “But see? You bring that energy to it, and you’ll do well. For all you know, you might demolish me instead.” And then just to lay it on a little thick, he winked.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- high school au[break]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 5:24:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]AU COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: