february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 17:05:15 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg4"]

[attr="class","header"]LIVE LIFE FOR YOU NOT FOR OTHERS

[attr="class","setting"]

The beach was great place. Even if this was his first time here. Until recently he hadn’t known how to swim. So there hadn’t been too much point of going to the beach if you couldn’t get into the ocean. At least two him there wasn’t. Even having lived in Alola he had never been to the beach. The closest he had ever got was whenever he had gotten on a ship or ferry.
[break][break]
At thirteen it was probably weird he had only just learned to swim. But his parents had been too afraid of his poor health to teach him. And since coming to Hoenn three years ago he had been to focused on trying to be an actual kid. The whole swimming thing had been pushed to the back of his mind. But he had finally learned the basics.
[break][break]
Because of that he still wasn’t that strong of a swimmer. So he wouldn’t be able to go to far out in the ocean. That was okay though. Just as long as he could get cooled off. But before that he would reapply his sunscreen. With his fair skin he would have to reapply frequently so he didn’t burn.
[break][break]
Walking around the beach he finally found a spot he liked and set down all of his stuff. Sitting down all his stuff he took out a towel and laid it out to sit on. Once he had done that he did a quick check to make sure he had everything. Once he had done that he looked through his bag for the sunscreen.
[break][break]
Finding it he took off the his t-shirt and began to spray the sunscreen on himself. However there was only so much he could reach. And he huffed when he found himself incapable of reaching his back. His sister had sprayed him down before he set off but she had been too busy to come with him, so he would just have to have to get some else to help.
[break][break]
However just the thought of going up to a random stranger and asking them to spray his back with the sunscreen made him uncomfortable. Approaching people made him pretty nervous since wasn’t the best when it came to socializing being a bit socially awkward.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this is okay [break] wearing a t-shirt and swimming trunks[break] Prompt: Ocean

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
Febuary 01
Rustboro City
Unknown
School Kid / Trainer
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrigan
Morrigan Anderson
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 17:53:15 GMT
Morrigan Anderson Avatar

A bunch of rowdy school children had been released out onto the beach.

Morrigan was among them. Her class had come here in the name of ‘studying nature’ but she knew better. She knew this was just one big ploy for the teachers to do absolutely nothing while getting paid for it.

Nevertheless she intended to make full use of the day. And so she had scuttled away from the group. Clad in a modest bathing suit and with a far too long t-shirt over. She had done her best to look the part of one of those lowly commoner kids.

Alongside her a Xatu walked, eyes blankly staring into the future as it always did until it caught the whiff of someone in distress. And so he approached the person from which this sensation came.

Its eyes now focused as it greeted the young person with a bird-smile as it cood a question of ‘did you need help?’ in its own Xatu-Speech.

Meanwhile Morrigan followed along gazing upon that which had caught the attention of her Pokémon. She kept a small polite smile on her lips to appear friendly. But she didn’t speak, instead letting the situation unfold.

MISSION: Prelude to paradiso

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 15:40:01 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Looking around he noticed a lot of the people among the beach crowd were children as well. Approaching another child was more daunting than approaching an adult. Mainly because he wasn’t sure how to interact with others around his age outside his siblings. And both of them were a few years older than him. Though he had interacted with that one kid.
[break][break]
He still felt like he had made a fool of himself at times when interacting with though. But he also knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere by just sitting there. All he had to do was just approach someone and ask them if they could help with his sunscreen. How hard could it be?
[break][break]
Apparently pretty hard. He was just starting to convince himself to just for it when he heard a sound behind causing him to quickly turn towards the sound. Upon turning he was met with and Xatu. ”Hello,” he said relieved when he didn’t stumble over his words as he often did when he was caught off guard.
[break][break]
”I was just looking for someone to help me with my sunscreen,” he told the bird Pokémon not caring that he was talking to a Pokémon at least until he noticed the girl around his own age. ”Sorry I didn’t notice you there,” he said as as he put the spray can down so he he wouldn’t wring his hands around it, a nervous habit of his when he found himself outside his element.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg4]position:relative; --accent:#7d95be; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/4Nx7gBjz/IMG-1628.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg4 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
Febuary 01
Rustboro City
Unknown
School Kid / Trainer
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrigan
Morrigan Anderson
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 19:55:01 GMT
Morrigan Anderson Avatar
The Xatu nodded in agreement. And the moment the boy put the spray can down for one reason or another, it was quick to grab it and move to gently apply the sunscreen should the boy allow it. It was after all what he had just admitted to be looking for.

Meanwhile Morrigan would hide her annoyance of not being noticed as best she could. “That’s alright.” Morrigan try to reassure. “Are you here alone?” she asked curiously as she kept a watchful gaze on her Xatu.

Though it was not prone to fits of mischief, she would rather be safe than sorry.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 3:00:30 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He would let the Xatu put the sunscreen on him as he continued to converse with the girl. Since he was trying to focus on not making a fool of himself he missed the bit of annoyance she couldn’t hide. For that reason her reassurance worked and he gave her a shaky grin, relieved that he hadn’t offended her somehow but not noticed her right away.
[break][break]
To be fair he hadn’t noticed the Xatu ride away either until it had been right beside him. No he had been to busy stressing himself out over getting someone to help him. Everyone in his family told him he would work himself into a panic attack one of these days doing stuff like that. But that hadn’t happened yet. Though at this point he was sure he had this girl and her Xatu to thank for approaching him before he could work himself into a panic attack.
[break][break]
Upon hearing her question he would nod before speaking. ”Yes, my sister claimed to be busy so I made my way here by myself,” he explained wondering if she was in the same boat minus the whole sister thing. Or if she was here with anyone. Perhaps the class that had arrived here, probably on some kind of field trip.
[break][break]
”What about you? Are you here on your lonesome as well? Or did you come with someone?” he inquired with veiled curiosity. Hopefully she wouldn’t mind answering. He knew some would be worried about stranger danger. Something he himself should be more concerned over. But since she hadn’t given him any reason to be wary of her, he wasn’t worried. Besides he would like to think he was a good judge of character.[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
Febuary 01
Rustboro City
Unknown
School Kid / Trainer
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrigan
Morrigan Anderson
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 14:20:44 GMT
Morrigan Anderson Avatar
Morrigan was mildly surprised that the boy so readily accepted what the Xatu would do. Still, she allowed it to apply the sunscreen, though keeping a watchful gaze just in case.

“I am on a field trip with my class.” Morrigan admitted. “Though I snuck away while the teacher wasn’t looking.” Another admittance.

It didn’t take long for Xatu to finish the task handed to her. Once he had, he handed the bottle of sunscreen back to the young boy.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 22:30:22 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

His willingness to allow the Xatu to help him was simple. He had spent years listening to stories of Pokémon aiding people in whatever way they could. So the idea of a Xatu helping him to put on sunscreen didn’t seem strange to him. He even knew of people who had Pokémon that aided them in their everyday lives.
[break][break]
So she was with the group of kids that had come onto the beach. The fact he had been able to figure out it was a bunch of students on a field trip without being told pleased him. Though he supposed that wasn’t to hard of a guess. The fact there was still school going on did surprise him though. He thought schools went on break around this time.
[break][break]
”Bit late to still be in school isn’t it?” he asked curiously before continuing. ”I thought schools were usually on break at this time. Then again I’m only going by what I’ve been told since I’ve done most of my schooling online. My mom did try to homeschool me at first but eventually gave up when I quickly picked up everything she was teaching me,” he told her.
[break][break]
Once he had gotten the sunscreen back he put it in his bag before thinking the dual type. He would then torn his head back towards the dark haired girl as he recalled something she’d said. ”Are you sure the teacher won’t notice you’re not with the others? I wouldn’t want you to get in trouble,” he said his eyes filled with a bit of concern.[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
Febuary 01
Rustboro City
Unknown
School Kid / Trainer
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrigan
Morrigan Anderson
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 16:22:29 GMT
Morrigan Anderson Avatar

“Yeah.” Morrigan agreed. “But for some reason they decided we could do with another week of school, and so here we are.” Morrigan stated, a sigh escaping her. Honestly it was such a waste of time.

Xatu nodded, acknowledging the thanks that Absalom gave, before stepping back by Morrigan’s side.

“Eh, it’ll be fine. Don’t worry about it.” She dismissed his worry with an almost blatant disregard for the truth of it.

Now with all of this out of the way, she honestly considered just letting the poor boy be. But since he was here all alone, she felt bad for him. And so, after one doubtful look toward Xatu she turned her gaze to Absalom and said.

“Anyhow. I am going to go see if I can catch some Pokémon in the sea. Do you want to come?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

axel
he/him/his
february 3rd
malie city
asexual
trainer
senior ranger
single
5’2” height
5’2” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absalom
absalom steel
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 2:41:06 GMT
absalom steel Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","header"]WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER

[attr="class","setting"]

Well that was weird. He wondered why they would decide something like that. If one didn’t like school then something like that really sucked. And he’d never heard of anyone liking school enough that they would be okay with that. While part of him had always wanted to try attending an actual school for the most part he was pretty happy with just taking online classes. Especially since going to an actual school would require him going to school with people a lot older than him so he wouldn’t be bored out of his mind.
[break][break]
”At least your teacher decided to take the class to the beach. Though I’m sure it was just so the teacher could play hooky from their duties,” he said. He didn’t like implying an adult had ulterior motives but it was probably the truth. If he had to guess the teacher would probably claim it was some kind of learning experience when they got back.
[break][break]
He frowned when she dismissed his worry but in the end just shrugged and let the matter drop. He had tried. And that was all that could be asked of him. If she wasn’t worried then he supposed there was nothing to be done about it. Hopefully if she did get in trouble it wouldn’t be to bad.
[break][break]
When she mentioned going to catch Pokémon in the sea he nodded. ”As long as we don’t go too far out. I’m not that strong of a swimmer,” he admitted his face heating up with embarrassment. With that said he stood up releasing Royal from his pokeball. ”Guard our stuff,” he told the Glameow.[break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
Febuary 01
Rustboro City
Unknown
School Kid / Trainer
Civilian
10 height
10 height
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrigan
Morrigan Anderson
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 16:55:52 GMT
Morrigan Anderson Avatar

“Oh don’t worry. We shouldn’t need to.” Or so Morrigan thought before she dragged the boy into mischief.

Unfortunately their luck was not with them. No Pokémon would bite. Perhaps the crowds on the beach were too large, or perhaps they simply weren’t far enough out.

Whatever the case may be after about an hour or so of swimming and looking around. Morrigan grew bored.

Walking onto the beach, beach sand sticking to her wet feet. She took a moment to pull the water out of her hair. The moment was long enough for her to realize she was getting hungry.

“Well, that was fun. But I am getting hungry.” She took a moment to look at the position of the sun. Deciding that she had enough time to do this, she spoke. “I am going to go find something to eat.“

The Xatu was quick to offer her a skirt and sandals, as if it had foreseen the need to be more presentable for city walking.

“Since you did help, I suppose I could treat you to some food as well. If you want?” Not that Morrigan was going to give Absalom much time to ponder the question.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Soak up the sun [C/M]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 22:34:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: