cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
got me thinkin’ nonsense [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 21:06:04 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]A break feels sorely needed. Not that Calla doesn’t really get rest, or that working at League HQ leaves her without reprieve, but she does feel busier than she used to be.[break][break]

The beach has never been her go-to choice, but for some strange reason, she finds herself more sentimental toward it. Even if she hasn’t really been there since that charity sale a year prior. Perhaps that plays a role in her eagerness to stretch out in the warm sand, and spend time in the preferred company of .[break][break]

The hurdle of leaving Akura feels like it’s passed, but a part of her wonders if he’s accepted it fully. Surely he has—enough time has gone by. Surely these are no more than silly worries built up in her head because she’s always one to wait for the other shoe to drop.[break][break]

It’s that silly part of her that hopes coming back to a place they first really began to see one another in a different light will help cement their connection, whether she’s fabricating any uncertainty or not.[break][break]

Repulsed by the heat and sand—even on the later side of the afternoon, her usual companion refused to leave the cool-air apartment earlier. Apparently the alolan ninetails turned a bit picky upon evolution. So instead, it’s a bright, chirpy grookey who hangs off of her shoulders now as she tries to catch him.[break][break]

At least until she flops backward against her towel and sends him hopping away to climb the pole of a nearby umbrella. Her head drops to the side, pale hair having fanned out around her head. “Would you still love me if I was a worm?” A weird question, but if there’s anyone she can ask ridiculous things to, it’s Uri.

[break][break]

// m: prelude to paradiso // outfit // musical vibes           

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A0E0D9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 10:06:18 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

it isn't until he's out in the sun alongside her that he realizes just how much he's needed this. akura has been keeping him busy, and in turn, kept him away from her.[break][break]

so, he'll enjoy today. all of it.[break][break]

"that depends."[break][break]

he looks over, eyeing her behind shades that sit comfortably on his nose.[break][break]

"what kinda worm would you be?"[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]

[newclass=.uribase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#b75d5d;[/newclass]

[newclass=.uribase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.uripoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.uripoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 16:58:13 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
She’s sorely needed this break. Even if it’s only a day away from work, it feels monumental. Even if she spends more and more time at his place, or vice versa, it feels like she never gets to see him.[break][break]
Maybe that’s just the dramatism of young love or whatever.[break][break]
“Uhhm,” she puffs out a long breath, strands of silvery blonde flying away from her face. “Caterpie?” Calla rolls from her back to her stomach lazily, stretching her limbs like a sleepy liepard before folding her arms under her cheek as she studies Uriah.[break][break]
The movement unintentionally (or not so much,) draws her closer to his side despite the heat of the sun bearing down on them.[break][break]
“Yeah, caterpie. Would you love me then?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 8:56:20 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","uribase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

"that's such a cool worm..."[break][break]

not really. it's one of the lamer ones and he does not bother hiding his true feelings that show in his tone. all of it is playful, though, as it usually is when with her.[break][break]

"i think i would, yeah. would you love me if i was a grubbin?"[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]

[newclass=.uribase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#b75d5d;[/newclass]

[newclass=.uribase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.uripoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.uripoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 16:58:36 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Her arm extends, shoving at his loosely. “Shut up…it was the first one I could think of.” Caterpie are cute, though. And they turn into butterfree. Which is…admittedly one of the very few bugs she likes.[break][break]

Cal’s grookey, who had been watching from the top of the beach umbrella, leaps down onto Uriah, screeching in play as he defends his trainer’s honor.[break][break]

Despite the fact that Uri did agree that he’d love her. She makes a show of thinking when the question is turned back on her, hemming and hawing loudly. Her nose wrinkles.[break][break]

“Yeah, grubbin are pretty cute, I guess. So I think so.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 11:21:22 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uri"]
[attr="class","urimain"]the weight of an entire grookey comes crashing down on him. the impact takes the wind out of him for a moment as he lets out a UWAH noise.

he turns to lay on his back to playfully fight back, slapping at the grookey's short arms before pushing the monkey off.

"you think so? you don't sound very sure."

peering back over at her, his tone drops

"would you really not love me then?"
[attr="class","uritag"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]
[newclass=.uri] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.urimain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.uritag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.uri b] color: #b75d5d; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.uri i] color: #b75d5d; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.uri u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #b75d5d; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.uri a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.uripoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 13:39:40 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
The grookey tumbles away and falls in the space between them, chattering in play. Calla laughs at the sight, at the fact that Uriah humors the tiny monkey’s attack.[break]break]
Her mouth falls open and she scoffs in amused disbelief.[break][break]
“I can’t believe that you don’t believe me!”[break][break]
There’s an edge of sarcasm that laces her words, “I mean, you would be a worm, though, soooo…”[break][break]
She trails away and leaves it intentionally ambiguous

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 9:42:09 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uri"]
[attr="class","urimain"]"what the...what's that supposed to mean? i would be a worm?"

if anyone's going to be the worm, it's her. or maybe they can both be worms together. either option sounds good to him.

resigning to his fate as an unloved worm, he pushes off the ground to sit before offering her his hand.

"wanna go for a dip?"
[attr="class","uritag"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]
[newclass=.uri] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.urimain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.uritag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.uri b] color: #b75d5d; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.uri i] color: #b75d5d; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.uri u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #b75d5d; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.uri a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.uripoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 4:32:08 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The indignant response is expected, and it draws a giggle from her, conspiratorial and mysterious. “Can’t tell you, it’s…a secret!”[break][break]
Of course it isn’t. She just enjoys getting a rise out of him.[break][break]
“Mmmm yeah, okay,” she agrees with little protest, allowing him to help pull her up. Hee grookey stays behind, flopping on her abandoned towel for a nap in the late afternoon sun.[break][break]
Her hand remains in his, and it’s sort of funny now that she thinks about it. Wasn’t it a almost a year ago they were here, doing exactly this with little idea of how things would change?[break][break]
“Hope you can still swim if you’re a grubbin,” she teases, bumping him with the sideways jut of her hip.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 11:03:22 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uri"]
[attr="class","urimain"]has it really been a year? the realization never occurs to him as he's too focused on her, but it's crazy how fast time flies, and even crazier how much has changed since then.

"can a grubbin do this?"

she teases him and he does the same in return, except he resorts to reaching down and picking her up instead to hoist her over his shoulder like one would a sack of potatoes.

laughing, he carries her toward the water.
[attr="class","uritag"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 17:28:35 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“Huh?” She twists toward him, confusion evident on her face. She probably should’ve expected to be scooped up, but she shrieks all the same when she’s tossed up over his shoulder.[break][break]
The startled sound warps with laughter. Giggles wobbling the huffed “Uriah!” that tumbles free. Hands swat at his back, entirely harmless and playful, as he hustles to the water.[break][break]
“You better not throw me,” she warms from over his shoulder, trying to turn back to look at the red shock of his hair with a pointed look that he can’t see.[break][break]
Calla is better with him. Someone kinder and more lighthearted, only with him. The chip on her shoulder always just a little less heavy and embedded.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 9:59:48 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uri"]
[attr="class","urimain"]with her, there is no facade he is trying to uphold. he doesn't have to be akura's cfo or someone with heavy expectations to meet. he can just be himself: someone happy, dumb, and free.

"maybe if you say please."

water reaches up to his knees as he continues to wade deeper and deeper.

"but it would be so fun to throw you in..."
[attr="class","uritag"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 15:15:55 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Why is it so easy to forget that they’re not really all that old at all? She’d be inclined to think they were tired thirty-somethings with their little work schedules and agendas, and not on the lower half of their twenties.[break][break]
But this serves as a reminder. Fun. She’s actual capable of it. She can breathe easier—just a girl, not one haunted by the Kanto she left behind. Not one hunched by the chip on her shoulder, or the drive to succeed she carries herself forward with.[break][break]
Her face twists up in distaste. Playful distaste, but still. Please?[break][break]
“Why should I have to beg?” she shoots back, incredulous laughter still clinging to her words. Her fingers cling as best they can—which is not a great hold against bare shoulders as opposed to the grip she’d have on shirt fabric.[break][break]
“What about the…” her words are broken apart by a defiant screech at his deliberating and salt water sloshes up to lick at her kicking ankles. “What about the goodness in your heart??”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 9:48:54 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uri"]
[attr="class","urimain"]his expression twists into one of playful confusion, feigned if only for a second as he quips back: "the what in my what?"

and without much of a warning, he tips over, dunking her over his shoulder and into the warm waters of slateport. the resulting splash almost reaches his face but not quite.

his laughter booms.

he is happy.

"oop! my bad, cal!"
[attr="class","uritag"]
[attr="class","uripoke"]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 14:15:24 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“I said—[break][break]
The shift in gravity catches her off guard and she shrieks as she tips off his back, tumbling into the surf. Her eyes squeez shut and she sucks in a breath just before she hits the water.[break][break]
Cal pops back up, wet, pale hair hanging in her face as she blinks up at him. Her mouth falls open in a scoff. “You’re terrible!” she sputters as he laughs and laughs.[break][break]
Never mind that the sound makes her heart feel warm and fluttery.[break][break]
In the next moment she’s rolling back up, and surging forward to tackle him. Though at her size, there’s no real guarantee she’ll be able to trip him up. “Ha!”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]