october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
It’s Been Awhile My Friend [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 18:02:52 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg2"]

[attr="class","header"]YOU WERE GONE TOO SOON

[attr="class","setting"]

He had been writing letters with Adelaide and when he wasn’t doing that he was patrolling Circhester. And when he wasn’t doing that he was training. Which was what he was currently doing. What was he training for? Mostly the big battle that always seemed to be hinted at on the horizon. But for now he was just training so his skills wouldn’t become rusty.
[break][break]
His training had started at the early hours of the morning. Before the sun had even had time to rise into the sky. From the position of the sun now he would say it was around dawn maybe a bit later. So he had been at this for hours. He would probably stop soon to do patrol. Except today wasn’t his day to do patrols. Well whatever he was sure whoever had patrols at the moment would enjoy a reprieve.
[break][break]
The young man just needed something to do. Days without sleep had led to him finally crashing and had brought those dreams to him. The dreams had jolted him away and to keep himself from agonizing over it he had decided to train. Hence the reason that he had been able here for hours. But there was only so much training one could do at a time.
[break][break]
And his body was reaching that point. He came to a stop panting. Wiping some sweat all his face. He didn’t want to stop he wanted to continue but knew that wouldn’t be wise. Perhaps he could continue after a little water break if he couldn’t find something else to distract him.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg2 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 1:33:46 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]The Huntress Is On The Prowl...

[attr="class","setting"]

Adel could only count the days seen been travel to head towards Circhester city. She wanted to make sure everything perfect for when she arrived. She wondered if Mikaelhas grown at in the what was it now twenty years they had been apart? She wouldn't say she was the same person like she was so long ago. [break][break]

The would sighed finally taking a moment breath as she finally made it. It was early since she had been training under the cover of night. Nothing could keep her away now that her mind had been made up. Umm. She knew the sound of sword it seems something was training at this hour!? Having read all of Mikael would do. If he's up this early what about his sleep schedule. Was he rested or paraioad? Maybe it was bit of both for what lies unknown in this dark future. Still the woman moves towards the sounds. "Mikael?" Now way.[break][break]

Adel step out of the darkness into the light. The winds blew through her hair however she didn't take her eyes of for even a second. "Is that really you?"

[attr="class","oocnotes"] +

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2023 3:54:23 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The knight had just paused for a breather when the sound of his name reached his ears. But that wasn’t what had him turning rapidly around. It was the voice. One he hadn’t heard in….well it had to be fifteen years give or take. And if he didn’t know his mind better he would think his brain was playing tricks on him. Except his mind would be crueler than this. So he knew it really had to be her.
[break][break]
He was already moving to hug her before his brain knew what he was doing. Though rather or not she accepted the hug he would respect her wishes. After all the last thing he wanted was to make her uncomfortable. It had been so long since they’d seen each other after all.
[break][break]
”Adelaide I’m so happy you’re here,” he told her warmly. It seemed like he was mostly the same. Though the dark circles under his eyes would betray how little sleep he was getting. It didn’t seem to be affecting him to terribly though. But if one were to look close enough they would see that the warmth didn’t reach his eyes as much as it once had. Though it was still clear that he was happy to see her.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg2]position:relative; --accent:#DD6510; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/nhxfschy/IMG-1581.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg2 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 19:56:08 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

In contrast to Mikael's thoughts, Adelaide welcomed the hug wrapped her around without a second thought. She remembers back in Hoenn when she was his younger ranger and spirited ranger although that was years ago her memories she never forget. "Mikael, my goodness. You have change so much!" [break][break]Despite everything she didn't let him go knowing he needed this. She looked him seeing the dark bags in his eyes. Lack of sleep? Just what had this man been putting himself though. Or  he was still going to the turmoil of being trapped. "I missed you. What happened to you? You look so sleep deprived even a Slaking is better rested."[break][break] Only after she was sure it wasn't going to pass out or collapse did she finally let go. They were going talk about getting healthier habit but for the moment it could wait for later. 

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 0:18:54 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

To his relief she accepted the hug. He hadn’t known how much he had needed the comforting embrace of a hug until he was wrapped up in her arms. It wasn’t something he had ever done with the people that had been stuck with him in Circhester. Sure he considered everyone in Circhester his friends but he had always held back when it came to showing it among the people of Circhester. Keeping his serious nature around them.
[break][break]
Hearing her response he nodded but since she couldn’t see it at the moment he decided to speak. ”You’ve changed so much as well. But it has been fifteen years. It’s expected that we would’ve changed in that time,” he pointed out knowing that with so many years that them changing was to be expected.
[break][break]
He was content just to stay like this. But he did allow her enough wiggle room to be able to look up at him. The knight had really hoped she wouldn’t ask about that. But from what he remembered about Adel he should’ve known better. Of course she would be worried and would express her concern.
[break][break]
It made him feel a bit guilty. Especially considering this had been going on for years. Before they had even been trapped in this false world. She just hadn’t known. No one had. Because he had just been that good at hiding it. Or maybe the moisturizer had helped hide the signs. Whatever it was, twenty plus years of poor sleeping habits had started to show.
[break][break]
”I’ve had problems with sleeping since before I came to this false world. I can’t sleep. How can I? How can I when all I see is people dying when I close my eyes?” he said his voice shaking slightly. [break]

close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 3:43:40 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

What is true but Adelina has seemed some people still remained the same despite their ages. Some still show the act childish. Or she others take a turn for the worst losing themselves to grief and madness. Mikael hasn't reached that far yet but at the very least. "In looks maybe but I am still the same old me in personality. I have seen others change for better or worst."[break][break]

"You haven't reach solid path yet." Adel didn't meant for her words to seem harsh if that were but they were the truth. She remained silent for a time trying to think as the knight went on about his problems. Everyone around him dying? "So you're a survivor of a...tragedy?" It made perfect sense.[break][break]

"How long have you been dealing with it? The whole thing not your sleeping habits? Have you look for help? Why...why do yourself let your suffer like this?" A knight in the time line or not she left so uneasy- concerned if that was even the right word. She didn't know how to response this exactly. She wasn't going to scold him...too much. "Do you understand it's unhealthy to try to bottle up so much torment and keep it all yourself? It does more harm than good."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 23:38:40 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He supposed that was true. But he didn’t think his personality had really changed much either. Or if it had no one else had said anything to him. But he would like to think that he had the same personality. And that this world hadn’t gotten to him. Because it would be pretty sad if that was the case. Though he was sure he was just a bit more broken. But aside from that he didn’t really think much had changed about him.
[break][break]
”I would like to think my personality hasn’t changed much either,” he told her. He was a bit caught off guard by her tone with her next comment. This was the first time he had heard her be sharp. And considering he was the cause of it he couldn’t help but feel guilty. Even if the reason she had been like that was because she was worried about him. He just didn’t like making people worry about him. After all that mindset that he should be the one worrying about others had never left him. Even though it had been years since the death of his brothers.
[break][break]
When it came to her next question he responded without think. ”Yes,” his tone was bitter bordering on self-loathing as he spoke. He had lost everything back then. And even now he still felt like he was losing people. Even if he had tried not to get too close to the people here. Trying to use the fact that he knew they were in a memory not to get to close. But it didn’t always work.
[break][break]
At first when she broached the topic of what had happened he didn’t respond. To be honest he wasn’t real sure what to say. But there was part of him that was just so tired. And there was only so long that someone could shoulder this kind of burden on their own. Which is why her inquires finally got to him.
[break][break]
”Because it’s my fault. I couldn’t protect them. If I had been better. If I had been stronger. If…if,” instead of being loud like one might expect his voice was barely audible but with how close they were standing she shouldn’t have any trouble hearing him. And near the end he couldn’t go on. His composure completely breaking at the end.[break]

close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 3:47:19 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Adela"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Mikael." Adelina might have been impulsive but she reached her hand out to touch his hand. "Look at me! Take a deep breath. Calm down." The thing she wanted was for him to collapsed or something worse. However trauma could do things like this.

"Let me ask your something. I don't everything of your past but do you really think you're loves ones would want to be stuck in this cycle of regret and longing. I think hard from all the good memorious you had with them. Do you think they will blame you? I know I couldn't." Adelaine was choice her words carefully she never lose someone like that before least not yet.[break][break]

"You can't change the past, Mikeal. If it was so easy then even may not where I am now but that's  not stopping you from looking towards a brighter future. I know if you loves ones if  truly loved they would not want you to see you suffer for the rest of your life." If they truly care about her friend for who he is and thrive to become then this would be the case. "Your stronger more than what you give yourself credit for.  This is easier said than done but stop looking at what your lost instead of things what you gained. Look at all the pokemon, people you met, and the friends you made. Think of goodness times you with them. No one they will always with you living or in death."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-luxray"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".Adela"]--accent:#87CEEB; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela blockquote b, .Adela blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .Adela blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .Adela blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .Adela .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .Adela .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 13:51:38 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He felt her rest her hand on top of his and he took a few breaths to come down. Usually he was more composed than this. But poor sleep had been catching up to him making it hard to keep his composure. There was also the fact he had never properly grieved. Hadn’t allowed himself to. Sure after the accident he had been numb but he had been trying to survive so he hadn’t taken the time to truly grieve. Then when he had arrived in Hoenn his nature to put others before himself had taken the drivers seat.
[break][break]
But ignoring a situation often made things worse. Hence the reason he had broken down the way he did. But Adelaide helped to bring him back to his senses and he was already calming down. Since it seemed he was calming down Adelaide must have decided to continue the conversation and started speaking once more.
[break][break]
The knight wanted to deny what she was saying. I’m his dreams that did blame him. Though he knew that wasn’t real. And that they would’ve never blamed him. It was still hard to ignore the dreams though. Maybe because of the way he felt about the whole matter.
[break][break]
”No they wouldn’t. But it’s not that simple. I’ve always been the type to look out for others even from a young age. That’s just the kind of person I am. But that can be a bad thing as well. I think that trait is what caused me to feel the way I do about what happened. Doesn’t help that I’m the only one that came out if it. I know enough about this kind of stuff to know I suffer from survivors guilt,” he told her looking at her briefly before looking away.
[break][break]
He listened to what she had to say feeling like there was a battle going on inside of himself. Her words caused a conflict in her emotions. ”It’s hard letting go. For the longest time I just had Aurora and Selene. They made it out as well. And now with the way Aurora is….” he trailed off shaking his head.
[break][break]
Seeing Aurora the way she was was hard. When he looked at her he felt there was a weight on his chest. He couldn’t bear the thought of anything happening to Aurora and Selene, or any of his other Pokémon. Didn’t want anything to happen to any of the people he had come to know either.[break]

close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 4:55:07 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
lead or be led
template by Punki of Pixel Perfect
"I didn't expect this to be simple. Years of trauma can't be washed away in a single talk. I guess I just don't like see my friends being hurt. I have always been look after others. Back then, it was pokemon but now  it's people like you." Adelaide has truth has honesty. Her past was a wild to say the least but nothing like her fellow knight's.

"All what happened with Aurora wasn't you fault either. They might be weakened but they still us. I know it's hard to see a close friend changed in a blink of an eye but she will someone return to what she used to be. I truly believe so." The aged to that of elders which was extremely worrisome but she knew they would be okay. It wasn't like they were the only ones. There was more to it than that.

"I don't everything about your past Mikaeal but from what I do see you have a lot of feelings and emotion weren't resolved." Adelina felt butterflies in her stomach. Many because of what she was going to say next and she was afraid of his reaction but it was someone child who need warm and cookies to remained calm. She could does things. "Can you....tell more about...your fallen family? I know bring up the past that hurt so much is know the handle way to this but...I want to know."
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

Mika, Mick
he/him/his
october 30th
mauville city
bisexual
officer
sergeant
single
5’11” height
5’11” height
awards
122 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mikael
mikael rosenberg
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 20:30:28 GMT
mikael rosenberg Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

If only it were that easy. Things wouldn't be so bad if he could just move on. He was well aware people moved on at their own pace. But he felt it said a lot about the kind of person he was if he still had yet to move on. It made him feel weak. Not that he would admit to something like that out loud. He had a feeling that such an admission wouldn't go over so well.
[break][break]
To not give her any more reason to worry about him, he decided to focus on the last half of her conversation. "That's something we have in common. It's why I've always had trouble putting my own needs first. I grew up used to putting others' needs before my own," he admitted, his thoughts straying briefly to his five brothers.
[break][break]
As she mentioned Aurora, he couldn't quite hide the grimace. He knew she was right, but it didn't make him feel any less guilty. He had always been a fairly protective person, so when bad things happened out of his control, he often felt he had failed with said protection. It wasn't exactly healthy, but he had learned trying to change the way his brain worked wasn't going to happen.
[break][break]
She had a point there. Even those few years he had been on his own before coming to Hoenn, his feelings hadn't gotten resolved. He had just been numb. Going through the motions of day-to-day life. Which, let's be honest, was just as bad as how he's dealing with it now.
[break][break]
"I admit after they died I was just numb. I didn't let myself feel. I didn't think I could. I think I did that because I was worried what I would do if I did allow myself to feel," he admitted, frowning slightly. He's still unsure what he might've done back then. Would he have cast aside his morals to go after the people who had taken everything from him? Would he have just decided that life wasn't worth living? Or maybe he would've been fine after all. He knew any of those things could've very well happened. And he was sure Adelaide probably considered those things as well, well perhaps not the first one.
[break][break]
Adelaide's voice roused him from his thoughts. Though he had half expected such a request, he still needed to think on it. To be honest, today was the first time in a long while that he had spoken about his family. Perhaps it was time he talked about it. Use this chance to start healing, even if just a little.
[break][break]
Decision made, he nodded before starting to tell her his story. He told her about growing up with his parents and five brothers and how, due to living in poverty, his parents didn't often have enough money to put food on the table, and when they did, he would often give his siblings his share so they wouldn't go hungry. He told her about how he would get his own food by digging in the trash of neighbors, which was gross but he couldn't ask his siblings to live that way.
[break][break]
He told her about setting out on a Pokémon journey when he was ten and sending most of his earnings back to his parents in the hopes it would help them take better care of themselves and his siblings. Then about how his parents died when he was fifteen from what he believes was financial stress. And how he found new homes for the current Pokémon he had before returning home to care for his siblings. How this led to him taking up odd jobs just to be able to take care of him and his siblings and how their luck seemed to change after he caught the attention of the king after he had saved his daughter from some wild Pokémon.
[break][break]
This was where he would pause, making it clear that the story ahead was where he would face the most trauma. That talking about his siblings before his knighthood had been easy and he needed to collect himself before getting to the hard part of the story.
[break][break]
It was also possible that she wanted to give Adelaide a chance to ask any questions she had before they could get to the harder part of the story. Since dealing with the death of his parents still hadn't been easy, but easier than dealing with the death of his siblings and Alyss.[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights