lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 1:37:13 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

time changes a person. [break][break]

take marisol for example; someone who didn't know how to smile, consciously, for how ever long it's been. the years have taught her to smile - for better or for worse - to put people at ease. many a time she's had to push back the accusations of witchcraft and deceit behind a patient smile if she wished to treat someone, but at some point, they cave, and accept her kindness. [break][break]

those who didn't found themselves dying, or at her mercy. [break][break]

it started with pity, then sadness, then grieving, and finally it's become indifference ( -- and it scares she, who is so hellbent on avoiding the person she thinks she is ). [break][break]

there was a time (a decade) she spent catching medicine up to the modern day. it still has a long way to go, but it'll do for now. the smaller illnesses like the common cold and the flu can't take the lives, and she doesn't have to worry about preventable pandemics breaking out. it leaves her time to tend to (un)ethical experiments with poison, in a lab she's constructed so far away and out of sight when it plagues her dreams like a nightmare. the poison seeps into the earth, and leads her research to an organ nestled deep in the earth. [break][break]

and this leads her to dynite. [break][break]

if she's honest, she doesn't expect this development - never did she think she'd start looking into the mysterious power, but alas, she didn't think she'd be trapped here for a decade. [break][break]

older, in her thirties, and still able to move around in the mines. she stays crouched in the mines with a gardevoir behind her, using psychic as needed to move residue poison or gunk away. she's not here alone, of course. [break][break]

ashen blue locks have darkened, slightly, over the years as her smile has developed into something soft ( -- into something disarming ). "thank you for bringing me here with you." she chimes with a smile that reaches her eyes - something that she wouldn't have done years outside the memory.[break][break]

"never in a million years did i think i'd be doing field research."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Timeskip Face: Ranni the Witch

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 18:41:07 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","leonidas"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

”Don’t mind it. …It honestly makes two of us.”[break][break]

A simple response like any other, truly— yet one that lacked the common, jovial touch that had shone through within days long passed. Although he hadn’t been the only other being aside from his own Pokemon that day, the words spoken to him had been the sole things to meet his senses; the smile and kindness lingering alongside them being momentarily lost to him as his own, amber-hued gaze remained upon the walls upon walls of ore before him.[break][break]

He’d barely chipped a smaller amount off before striding towards Orion, giving him a brief smile and ruffle of the fur before flicking one of the pouches connected to the saddle secured upon his back open.[break][break]

”It’s nice to have company every so often…” he murmured lowly, almost absentmindedly, while fishing a duo of smaller tools out. For a moment, he fixed the crystal between his teeth to hold it while situating said tools between his fingers. ”Y’know. …Between there being safety in numbers, and just…having someone else to talk to~.”[break][break]

He finally gave her a sparing glance, albeit just for a moment before turning his attention back to the Dynite Ore.[break][break]

”Frankly, I’m still surprised you asked,” he added on, humming. ”Would’ve figured your clinic would be more important.”

[attr="class","ooc"] notes [break]
a.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".leonidas"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas"]--accent:#DBDBDB; --speech:#DBDBDB;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .topimg"]background:url(https://i.imgur.com/vipOLx8.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#222; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 19:03:43 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

she smiles more. [break][break]

his smile disappears. [break][break]

time is funny, that way, swapping the expressions in what feels like a decade. he's engrossed in her research, much in the same way she used to be - and it's odd for her to think she's looking in a contorted, frosted mirror. though, he's still much kinder than her. yes, yes much kinder than the veiled sweetness. [break][break]

"indeed, it's a nice change in pace~." when the poison is removed by the gardevoir, she finally lowers her hands to gently stroke the ruby surface with a fingertip. even in its muddled form, and impure appearance, it still shines, and pulses, with energy within it. it pulses all the same with the sludge she's kept under watch for so long, boils and breathes - as though it's a living thing. [break][break]

or perhaps so much time in the lab has made her delusional. [break][break]

who can say? [break][break]

but she's a saint, not a witch (not right now) so she hums and agreeance. "i thought so, too." she'll admit, seeing that there's never a shortage of patients in her clinic. it was meant to be a small hut, though has expanded into something of a hospital - or something that could be considered a hospital in this time. [break][break]

"but there are enough doctors to care for patients." she hums softly, pulling out her own, smaller tools of a hammer and a stake to begin gently chipping away at the debris surrounding the ore. "aw," she starts, tilting her head back slightly to give a man a sparing glance "you didn't miss my company?~"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 19:57:34 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Even after all that time, it was a bit odd to hear any sense of humor from her.[break]
Nevertheless, a faint smile tugged upon his lips, all while a gentle chuckle escaped them.[break][break]

”I wouldn’t say that. Don’t go twisting my words like that~,” he jested with a quiet, mulling tone, shaking his head softly in some degree of faux disdain and disappointment, alike. He shifted the hammer between his finger, allowing it to slide a faint bit to adjust his grasp before gently tapping it against the ore again. ”Not many people are so willing to come down here, y’know. Dangers, and all.”[break][break]

He paused for a moment with a hum, briefly taking the hammer between his teeth just as he’d done with the crystal prior to hold the aforementioned gem up to the nearest source of light, however dim it may have been.[break][break]

”...That, and I’m surprised you got interested in the ore, honestly,” he added after a bit, casting her another, brief glance. ”Seems like something a bit outta your normal field, no?”

a.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leonidas"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .topimg"]background:url(https://i.imgur.com/vipOLx8.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".leonidas .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#222; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 20:33:41 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"oh," [break][break]

she starts, followed by a very, very slight dramatically accentuated raise of her voice "i'm wounded~." she'll chuckle with a chime, followed by the soft dinging of a heal bell that jingles within the blade of her spear. but maybe that's just about as far her joking should go. after all, like he says: the place they're in is quite dangerous, even if marisol would sooner argue that the most dangerous ones were them. [break][break]

"not many people are so willing to act as doctors in this time," she responds in kind, with a gleeful chime to go with her now slightly, casual and humming tune "but it's necessary, despite the dangers." darkened blue eyes gaze down at the red sheen of ore, though then squints at the darkness. once glance at him tells her that he's probably having a bit of trouble, despite bringing lanterns. [break][break]

so she reaches for her belt, letting out a ceruledge to use its flame to emit light around the area. the reds and purple blend together nicely enough, she thinks. [break][break]

"hm?" she hums, and doesn't realize that the intrigue probably comes from a good place; especially considering her borderline obsession and fixation on the poison and medicine. perhaps this change is odd. [break][break]

"it is." she'll say with a smile, still bright. but when she carefully chips back away at the rocks, she lets out an old, familiar little hum. "i found something quite interesting, see." she adds, reaching into a picket, and pulling out a small bag of her own, little testing sample of sludge and poison.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 1:58:44 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Although faint, the smile that tugged upon his lips had only served to broaden more upon hearing her response.[break][break]

Little acknowledgement save for a soft, humming chuckle had followed it, however, as he turned his attention toward the crystal in hand once more. Hues of azure narrowed against its dimmed splendor for a couple of moments before the familiar flash of a manifesting Pokemon met the edge of his periphery— and with it, the flames of the new arrival sent out to provide a source of light. He blinked at the Ceruledge before his smile broadened once more—thirdly, and still faintly so—and uttered a small, ”Thank you~,” in passing before holding the Dynite Ore against the glow of the flame to properly inspect it.[break][break]

He memorized its ridges and edges, resting his thumb against the noteworthy crevices he’d managed to scope out before taking his hammer once more, tinkering and chiseling it down with a deftness before repeating the process. Once. Twice. Sculpting the gem had been something he’d familiarized himself with over the years, but as the woman with him had risen both words and object, alike, he found himself looking over once more.[break][break]

He rose a brow curiously before both furrowed.[break][break]

”...Is that some of the sludge?” he questioned with a faint inclination of interest and skepticism, alike. ”...How hasn’t it corroded through the bag yet?”

a.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 4:26:23 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

his questions beget answers; but they only widen the smile on her lips. [break][break]

"fascinating, isn't it?" she asks, fingers gently shifting and playing with the poisonous mass trapped within the plastic. "even i'm not quite sure" she'll admit, "on our first day here, i tried to gather a sample. it sat in the plastic perfectly fine." and yet it caused such damage to the wildlife, and caused so much suffering to the people. it's only a shame that she never thought to bring more plastic with them into the memory. [break][break]

not like they had the means to create flexible, usable plastic. [break][break]

the desire to run tests will override her with joy, and she has to practice restraint in the presence of leonidas. if she doesn't, he'll suspect something - and she doesn't know if they'll ever leave this dream. locked away it does, back into her heart, deep in the crevice of her fraying mind. [break][break]

she's careful as she grabs a piece of the magenta dynite ore at her feet, finally freed from the few bits of rubble. it only takes a little bit of dusting against the rough fabric of a coat before she holds it up to her eye, gazing at it with curiosity; no, she isn't satiated. [break][break]

then she opens the top of the bag, and plops the dynite ore to be consumed by the sludge. [break][break]

there is no reaction - not at first. "the ore and the poison are somehow connected, i'm certain." she watches as the ore sinks, fully encapsuled by the sample of sludge. the small, intrigued smile is maintained on her lips as she turns to glance up at a man. [break][break]

"thoughts?~"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 0:28:28 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

She asked him a question.[break]
He thought on it for a moment before sighing, quirking his lip.[break][break]

”...I wouldn’t doubt it,” had been his initial response, however exasperated it may have sounded. He clicked his tongue softly before bringing his gaze back to the crystal nestled within his hand, palming it idly for a few moments. ”Seeing how it’s all connected— the stars and their stories; the environment and everything else.”[break][break]

He furrowed his brows with a faintly pensive look bleeding through and onto his expression, faltering faintly in poise for a spell or so. Though the crystal remained within his grasp, he inhaled deeply and breathed another sigh, his hands finding one another within the space of his lap as he gently began to twist the ring upon his finger.[break][break]

”...Honestly, though? As much as I’d be interested in it in any other circumstance, it’s…the least of my worries, at the moment.” He closed his eyes, shaking his head. ”Best case, it shouldn’t ideally matter, anyways. Despite all the time we’ve spent here, it’s hard to say how real all of this is.”

a.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 3:39:13 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

he's right. [break][break]

they had more pressing matters. no matter how she may look for the poison, and seek it, and test with it, perhaps it really is a waste of time. yet still - still - she clings, thinking that the poison oozed from the planet's organ isn't for naught. when her fingers gently squeeze the plastic bag, she feels the still solid gem within the folds of her fingers. [break][break]

"perhaps." she says, sullen and perhaps a little disappointed, but with a soft smile nevertheless. eyes that have once died find a spark once again - though not the spark life demands of it. [break][break]

"but who's to say it isn't?" she lifts the bag once again, sludge harmlessly shifting between her fingers within the plastic mold. she's given up going back to their normal lives - she has resigned to the life she has now, perhaps a bit too readily. the days in the lab have hindered her empathy, but it's something that can be easily masked when she hears something she doesn't expect to. [break][break]

not from someone so suffocatingly optimistic. [break][break]

"i'm sure the knowledge we glean, and experience we gather here will be important one day." she chiming, smiling warmly, dropping the plastic bag of sludge to be properly and safely stored by her acting gardevoir. she walks to close the distance between the two of them, hands behind her back as the self-made lab coat flutters behind her steps. [break][break]

"what has you worrying so much?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:59:19 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

”Then it’d just make our whole reason for being here useless, wouldn’t it?” he rung back immediately—flatly—with eyes still upon the selfsame ring that sat so familiarly upon his finger. A further knit surfaced between his brows as the words left his lips, though before long, he’d simply found himself drawing back from words left unspoken as they were replaced by another, simple breath.[break]

In. Out.[break]
His fingers curled into a small fist before he shook it gently. Absentmindedly.[break][break]

”We’re here for a reason,” he’d murmured in some degree of repetition— but whether or not it was to soothe and reassure himself would have been an idea left unanswered for sure. His jaw clenched softly as he turned his attention, once more, to the crystal he’d busied himself with beforehand. ”At the end of the road, there’s answers to be had— and a life to finally go back to.”[break][break]

He paused for a few moments as an indiscernible look (save for maybe a vague display of distress or pensiveness) whittled away at his expression.[break][break]

”...So until I can get back to that life, the details between what we learn here aren’t exactly at the top of my priorities. That’s what I’m worried about.”

a.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 3:51:15 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

oh?[break][break]

he snaps back, suddenly. flatly. stressed. even when the arms of time ticks on, she never thought that he, always so sunny, will snap back with the cold blade of assertion to her. he, who was always so warm, with his head on straight, knew how to furrow his brows. she's grateful that he's so engrossed in his memories, and in his thoughts, and his stress. it means he can't see her smile. [break][break]

no matter how brightly the sun shines, it will always set. [break][break]

how fascinating. [break][break]

marisol understands, however, despite the smile and the seemingly tactful façade. maybe if she had something waiting for her at home, she would be the same - but it's been so long that she's forgot. [break][break]

"leo?" [break][break]

she raises her voice, this time standing a few paces before him. [break][break]

"look at me for a moment?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 5:09:24 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

A silence had overtaken him after the words left his mouth.[break]
He grimaced slightly to himself.[break][break]

(What a time to lose yourself, huh?)[break][break]

Though the truth rang within his opinions brought to life, and though he wouldn’t dare to think of taking them back if given the chance, there had been a sense of shame and guilt that wormed their ways within his head upon letting them linger. His attention had fallen upon the selfsame crystal he’d occupied himself with beforehand, only to be swiftly replaced by another bout of pensiveness—self-oriented, that time—as he breathed deep in an attempt to further calm himself down.[break][break]

Her voice had been the next thing to meet his ears as he attempted to compose himself.[break]
His gaze lingered upon the floor before slowly and reluctantly lifting up to meet hers.[break][break]

”...What?

a.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 5:37:51 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

she doesn't do much; only smiles. [break][break]

but smiles never healed the heart, or its scars. it's funny how the time flies while they're gone, and how the burns and slow wear will eat away at both their minds. the darkness is a familiar friend to her, and she acknowledges that not everyone is acquainted with it. [break][break]

both hands reach forwards, one to lower the hand holding the crystal, and the other towards his face to gently cup the side of a cheek. her fingers are featherweight when they rest against the back of his ear. her eyes of blue and lavender gaze up at his amber, with a foreign sense of confidence (and a rehearsed sense of warmth)[break][break]

"it's okay."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 1:00:32 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

It was ironic, truly.[break]
All of it.[break][break]

Within days long passed and lost, the role of light—tried, true, and ever luminescent—had been one that he took so proudly, and so eagerly, in the face of any and all he would call close— and even then, many often found themselves unneeding of such status to encounter him beneath such visages. Optimism and a drive to uplift others had been traits that he held so very dear to his heart, priding himself upon them so commonly. It still remained a part of his pride, honestly, but still found itself faltered and eroded by the ceaseless winds of change that the realm had grown him accustomed to.[break][break]

So to find himself soothed by the woman before him, of all people, was nothing short of surprising.[break][break]

A gentle touch upon his cheek; a gentle gaze to accompany it. While she sought to lift herself and offer him words and gestures of comfort from above, he merely remained upon the ground beneath him while peering up with a dulled glow of amber to meet those of a bicolored brilliance. Although he hadn’t leaned away from her at first, the words—simple as they were—prompted a faint hardness to overtake his gaze as his eyes narrowed ever so slightly.[break][break]

He only mulled her comfort over shortly, instead inhaling deeply before sighing and lifting a hand to brush hers away.[break][break]

”...I’ll believe it when it’s proven,” he murmured, a soft and wry grimace shifting his face as he began to stand up.

a.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[GG] The Otherside
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 1:38:21 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

he is the sun. [break][break]

and though marisol has forgotten a lot - has forgotten so much, about herself and about her love for those around her, - there's one thing that remains the same. they're here, together, in this hell with others who've been pulled into this world against their wills. she's changed over the years, and he's changed over the years, and she's watched his flame flicker like a waning match. [break][break]

he's shined so brightly throughout the years, but where will that light go when the darkness threatens to engulf them both? [break][break]

her warmth is manufactured, she knows. it's from the years of smiling to the patients (smiling so much that it's lost its meaning). the raise of her lips has become hollow and empty. but there's always a constant, always something that persists. [break][break]

it knows to shine, faintly, to comfort him.[break][break]

yes, that has always stayed the same. [break][break]

so honestly, it saddens her when she sees the hardened gaze and feels his hand brush her fingers away. the hope she felt, for a moment, fizzles watching his figure grow and rise from the ground. time has hardened him, and time has changed her. [break][break]

"it will." the smile is softer, slighter, nothing of the exaggerated muscle memory she's drilled to her cheeks.[break][break]

"because i know this is real." her half closed hand folds her fingers once again, and the warmth of his skin lingers upon her fingertips as she reaches over, that time, to reach for his hand and hold it, sandwiched, between the two of hers. her eyes glance down at his hand, now, with a softer gaze. it's to reassure him. it's to prove she exists. [break][break]

"we're real."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights