he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
Timendi causa est nescire. Ignorance is the cause of fear.
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 14:54:25 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Though Julien had arrived in Hoenn weeks ago, he had not yet met with Councilwoman . When he called her office to make an appointment, they said she was indisposed. They wouldn't comment further, so he could only assume she was very sick.[break][break]

Assumptions made fools out of men, however. He did not bother to send any flowers wishing good health or other sentiments. Instead, he merely set up a meeting as soon as her staff called him back.[break][break]

And on the appointed day, he strode into Elinor's office with a confident demeanor and sharp gaze. As he walked up to her desk, he assessed the councilwoman for any clues regarding her condition.[break][break]

"Good afternoon, Miss Anderson," Julien said, extending a hand for her to shake. "Julien Demassieux. It's a pleasure to meet you at last. I trust you've been well?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.julien1]--accent:#BBD1EA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julien1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 7:55:13 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The office felt constraining. Though spacious in its own right, and with a nice view, there was just something about it that reminded her of a cell. Sure she could come and go as she pleased, but the ever piling paperwork chained her to the office chair.

Though she might look dabber in her clothes, she was naught but another slave to the system. The long sleeves on her suit hid the bandages on her arm. But there was one good thing about all the work she had to do. It kept her mind occupied.

And when her mind somehow managed to wander, the Pokémon by her side would quickly return her focus to the task at hand. For the Porygon-Z, which had made itself comfortable in one of the chairs there while on her phone swiping left and right, was always the ever dutiful worker.

Elinor looked at the clock, and realized that she had a meeting coming up soon.

“Java, I’ll be having a meeting soon. If you are going to be playing something noisy then please find somewhere else to do so until it’s finished.” She politely informed the Porygon-Z.

It nodded but did not move.

A moment later strode into her office. Confident demeanor and sharp gaze. These were the traits she noticed near immediately as he walked to her chest extending a hand alongside a verbal greeting.

“The pleasure is all mine.” She returned the empty pleasantry as she accepted his hand with a firm shake of her own, the movement revealing the faint hint of white fabric beneath her suit. And once the handshake came to an end, she gestured for one of the chairs, offering it to him if he desired it.

“As well as I can be given the circumstances of my absence.” Elinor said. She figured it would be or at least should be no secret why she was gone. At least to the people working with the government.

“So, what can I do for you, Mr. Demassieux?”

TAG:
LOCATION: Ever Grande City -> Pokemon League -> Elinor's office.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 22:19:25 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

The hint of white beneath the cuff of Elinor's sleeve was curious, but Julien could not ascertain its nature from a brief glimpse. So instead, he sat in the indicated chair and smiled pleasantly at the councilwoman.[break][break]

"Your office told me you were indisposed but shared no details. Either way, my condolences for the difficult time," he said, the sentiment as empty as his initial pleasantries.[break][break]

He adjusted his tie minutely.[break][break]

"If you aren't already aware, the Kalosian government wishes a better understanding of the phenomena that are rumored to plague Hoenn. They've sent me not only to gain this understanding, but to provide Kalosian support to Hoenn's efforts."[break][break]

Julien's eyebrow arched at Elinor, and he folded his hands in front of him, his fingers steepled together.[break][break]

"Of course, everything is hearsay and rumor in Kalos right now. So I'd like to hear the truth in your own words, Miss Anderson. What is happening to this region?" he asked.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.julien1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 10:11:14 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor leaned into her chair as she listened to Julien’s empty sentiments. Luckily he had the decency to not be stuck by her initial unavailability.

Kalosian support, huh? Now that was rather interesting. While she wanted to appreciate the gesture, it rang rather hollow when put into perspective. After what happened to Galar she figured Kalos, and any other region for that matter, would be trembling in fear of the same thing happening to them. Kalos was just the most forward one about it.

“What is happening to this region? That is indeed the question.” Elinor repeated thoughtfully. “I will admit. I do not know the answer. Honestly it feels like Arceus has decided to have some personal issue with Hoenn.”

She paused.

“No offense intended if you are a man of faith.” He didn’t seem like it, but you never could tell.

TAG:

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 14:52:11 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Julien allowed a light chuckle to escape his lips. "Fortunately, I'm not," he reassured Elinor.[break][break]

Still, her comment struck him as odd. Arceus was not just any Pokémon. In fact, it was not even like other cosmological deities who dominated folklore and myth throughout the world.[break][break]

Dialga. Palkia. Giratina. Even Xerneas and Yveltal from his home region.[break][break]

They paled in comparison to Arceus, the Creator. That a councilwoman dared blame the region's ills on it suggested that the situation in Hoenn was more dire than Julien had anticipated. The faint mirth in his expression faded into solemnity.[break][break]

"What makes you think Arceus itself has been meddling?" he asked, keeping any hint of accusation or skepticism out of his tone even as he frowned.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 12:00:41 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She noted the frown he sent her, yet kept in mind that there was not a hint of accusation of skepticism in his tone, as she began to speak.

“What else could it possibly be?” Elinor stated.

Of course reports and her own experiences with the DRK TRIAD did place them as the culprit but she wasn’t about to admit that to someone who might not be in the know.

“Necrozma’s attack on Sootopolis, The Meteno Incident, and all the spatial rifts that have come as a result of that incident.” And to her knowledge that was just the publicly known incidents.

“If it had only been one or two incidents years apart, then I might have been inclined to believe it was pure coincidence.” She sighed mildly. “But it isn’t. So, here I am blaming Arceus for it until a better candidate is brought to light.”

There was. But again, she wasn’t about to let that slip. It would make Hoenn’s strength look bad if it was known something or someone had such superior firepower at their beck and call.

While she might’ve sounded a bit defeated, that was far from the truth. And the gaze she sent Julien would say as much. A blaze of fighting spirit accompanied with a sense of seriousness could be seen in her eyes as she spoke. “Knowing that this is the sort of thing Hoenn has to deal with, and with the assumption that something like that will be happening again. What kind of help does Kalos intend to offer?”

TAG:
close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 0:54:20 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Necrozma, Julien thought. So Galar's scientists were right.[break][break]

He could admit that the frequency of incidents occurring within or to Hoenn might indicate someone's desire to see the region's destruction. That did not answer the underlying question, however.[break][break]

"But why Hoenn? Why not elsewhere? Necrozma's attack on Galar notwithstanding, none of the other regions have been targeted," he asked, contemplative.[break][break]

However, it was possible the Hoennians simply did not know, and were asking themselves the same thing. "I'm sure you have Pokémon experts investigating this mystery. Have they come to any conclusion?"[break][break]

Perhaps he should meet with them, too.[break][break]

At least Elinor looked determined, not defeated, by the constant threats and dangers. When she challenged Julien what help Kalos could possibly provide, his answer came easily.[break][break]

"A threat to one region, especially from Pokémon as powerful as Arceus and Necrozma, can quickly become a threat to the entire world. I am sure the brightest minds of Hoenn are hard at work on the matters plaguing your region. But if we could join them with our scholars and scientists from Kalos, Galar, Sinnoh—"[break][break]

He waved a hand, implying the other countries with that gesture.[break][break]

"We could have solutions, and eventually resources, to fend off a global crisis."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 7:48:42 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“We do. They are hard at work. And to their credit they have plenty of theories, but not one singular answer.”

But that was perhaps the crux of it all. Perhaps there was not one singular creature that had it out for them. Maybe it was the entire universe that preferred to see this Hoenn wiped away.

Elinor considered the proposition Julien. In theory it was a nice thought. Everyone is working together. But as a politician she knew it wouldn’t even take an hour into that before people would start to scheme ways of using it for their own gains.

“The help would certainly be appreciated.” Elinor began. “Though before I overstep my boundaries on this matter and make promises I can’t keep. I should speak with the other members of the Council.”

Surely Julien would understand this need for bureaucracy.

TAG:

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
221 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 12:36:32 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Julien nodded, intimately familiar with the red tape that entangled bureaucracy. Even though Elinor sat on the League Council, she was but one representative. He had no doubt would reject Julien's offer and shut down further attempts to gain the information Julien so desired.[break][break]

"I understand, Miss Anderson. Thank you for your time. Let me not take up more of it from your busy day, either," the Kalosian said.[break][break]

He stood to leave and offered her another polite smile, this time mixed with gratitude.[break][break]

"It's a relief to see you're in good health, as well. I look forward to working together closely."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 8:52:33 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor hid the sigh of relief. She had almost expected Julien to be a bit more pushy on the matter, but perhaps that had simply been Kalosian Stereotyping.

But with this pleasant surprise, she could beam Julien a professional but happy smile and a nod as Julien rose to leave.

“Thank you, I look forward to that as well.”

And with that she watched him leave. Wondering for a moment how the future of this would play out.

TAG:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,951 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Inquest [S]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 3:11:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven