june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 4:45:10 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 Dewford Town: a seemingly insignificant rock, beautifully austere and peacefully mundane.

It took Yujin two enhances on her phone, and a case of mistaken identity—that grey dot? that’s you—before she could even locate it. But luck is often chased across the span of maps, and some are successful enough to catch it once or twice.

She sat with one leg crossed over the other upon the bow of a little white yacht. The waves tickled her heeled feet and the southern wind brought the promise of rain (hopefully in a few days time). As the first colorful buildings popped into view, she thought that this is probably the sort of place a simple, happy person would want to settle down.

By the time the boat pulled in, it was the middle of a morning that had every right to be golden.

“See you soon, love.”

She smiled at the captain as she pulled her suitcase from the deck, giving an eyes-free wave as her steps echoed down the pier.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2023 4:58:07 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s a sleepy little town on the edge of everywhere and nowhere. Past the small pier are hip, trendy little seaside stores. For a town so small, the people who live in Dewford are hellbent on being on the bleeding edge of what’s fashionable. They’ve even managed to procure for themselves the hip, trendy new trainer on the block.[break][break]
Michael Navidson, Navy to everyone who truly knows him, walks down onto the pierce to greet the woman. The sight of her makes him feel like he’s really made it. The League’s sending him civil engineers, people who pull massive salaries, to help fix up the gym.[break][break]
…he didn’t expect her to be good looking. Indeed, his idea of an engineer is a middle-aged man with a well-trimmed beard and prematurely gray hair. His expectations are pleasantly subverted. Giving her a confident, carefree smile, one hand in his pocket, he waves at her. As always, he has a full contingent of six pokeballs on his hip, positioned for easy access. Despite how easy his smile is, this is a creature made for battle.[break][break]
Welcome to Dewford, Ms. Ha. A pleasure to have you. Sheriff Michael Navidson, at your service. You can call me Navy, everyone else does.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 4:14:34 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 “The pleasure is mine.”

What a radiant smile. Like walking into a church, standing before stained windows, and wondering why you didn’t burn in polychrome.

The sunglasses were lowered with a single fingertip, though the eyes that peered over them seemed the same make.

“I hope you don’t mind if I start with Mr. Navidson... for now.” (She didn't aspire to be everyone else.)

She offered her free hand between them. It was a bridge between the formal and the casual, the monoliths of the city and the charm of the islands.

Then, a grin:

“...Forgive me, but you have been on T.V. before?”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 6:32:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Those eyes…[break][break]
Man.[break][break]
Men have drowned in blue that deep. Navy grits his teeth just enough to keep from going slackjawed. Pulls himself into reality, listens to her words.[break][break]
Wh- oh, you probably saw the commercials I ran for my old job. Navidson Solutions, a PI U can trust.” Topped off with a finger gun, leading into a handshake. There’s callouses where the palm meets the bottom joints of long fingers.[break]
My old gig before the league managed to snag me in a collar.” He steeps his apprehension on his loyalty in humor. There’s another place she could have seen him on television, of course. After all the recent chaos in April, they plastered interviews with him all over the news. People love a hometown hero, and the people of this town find him far more relatable than the avatars and rich folk that dominate the air waves.[break][break]
So,” he begins as he turns to walk up the pier. His truck is parked just up the road, plastered with the county logo. “what’s brought you to Hoenn? Fan of the weather? Better beaches than Alola, don’t let anyone from there tell you different.” There’s a nod and a prideful quality that tints his smile. He loves his region, and he wears that love on his sleeve.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 11:30:32 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 He’s an earthly person. If he could feel beyond his own calluses, he’d notice the atlas of scars on her end of the handshake.

A PI U can trust, and coupled with the good-natured gesture none-the-less. At his mercy, she couldn’t help but give a delighted chuckle.

Though she never did say where she might know him from.

They walked down the pier. Seagulls hawked in the sky above, as did the stray tern. They eyed the occasional gleam of metal on Yujin’s attire, but perhaps they could sense her grudge against their kind.

“Are they now?”

She put a hand to her brow for the dramatic purpose of looking about.

“If you have surfboards here, do let me know. Maybe I’ll see for myself after work.”

It was a bold declaration he made, and unfortunately to an Alolan surfer as well.

Before long they were close enough to see their darkened silhouettes in the truck’s coat.

“I am with Interpol, Mr. Navidson.” It was no secret. “This is one stop of many.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 13:20:02 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Careful now, Hoenn’s sort of like a whirlpool.” It’s a good-natured warning coupled with a warm tone. “Seen it suck in all sorts. We’ve got Galarian royalty, Kalosian nobility, celebs from all over the world laying low. Hoenn attracts all sorts and doesn’t like letting ‘em go once they’re here.”[break][break]
His expression sours at the sight of his own truck. A sigh escapes his lips as he climbs into the cab. Inside it has all the marks of a new vehicle. It doesn’t smell lived-in. Navy doesn’t like that new car smell.[break][break]
I’ll never forgive Rocket for torching my old truck.” His voice has the cadence of a wounded parent, like he lost a child when Rocket destroyed his vehicle. [break][break]
We’ve got some surf shacks that rent boards. Mantine surfing, too.” He cranks the truck, looks at the road. Plays it cool, like his next words are just a part of the conversation’s natural flow.[break][break]
I could show you the good spots around town to catch some waves when we’re done at the gym, Ms.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2023 22:22:43 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 Tales of the inexplicable power shift into Hoenn regales her ears. Her resulting mirth is private. Yes, so I have heard.

She stepped into the passenger seat seamlessly, placed the suitcase in her lap, and then proceeded to rest her elbow against the window. Eyes flickered over to the driver once as he mourned an old sentimentality. Yujin, who owns nearly nothing and leaves nearly no trace behind, among other odd points, had nothing to say and therefore said nothing at all.

Though the mention of Rocket is always a curiosity.

It was a perfectly ordinary conversation they were having, and he was quite good at keeping it going. Look, there was even a cloud shaped like an ampharos in the sky! “That sounds lovely. I’m glad I brought my bathing suit.”

After they started moving she would dip them back into the shallows of business. 

“I’ve already been briefed, but you are right here. Why don’t you tell me about your ideas for this gym?”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 6:04:00 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Like an ancient warrior laboring at insurmountable tasks, he tries to keep his mind from wandering down avenues that lead to certain questions. Best not to dwell on what sort of bathing suits she prefers, especially while they still have business.[break][break]
Thank Arceus she gives him a lifeline. She tosses it to him with perfect social grace before his mind leads him off the deep end. Pulls him back to the comfortable shallows.[break][break]
Oh, it’s gonna be crazy. Mum’s the word, obviously. Gotta make sure it’s a surprise for the kids who show up.” Excitement drips into his voice. His hand tightens on the wheel, like he can’t wait for the day when he sees this vision come to life.[break][break]
So Hoenn’s a war zone. We like to pretend it’s not, but it is. Can’t go six months without a catastrophe. League likes to put out calls for help. Civvies with good teams volunteer. Some of them. Well…most of them, really…first time they go, they don’t know what they’re walking into.” His words shift from excited to grim, like he’s once more facing reality rather than fanciful dreams of battles in the limelight.[break][break]
I want my gym to give ‘em a taste of war. Chaos. An opponent that doesn’t listen to rules or standards. The battle pitch drops into a big, open battlefield. I need the acoustics to be good. There’ll be lots of smoke, fog, and dirt. Ideally, there’d be systems rigged to make it sound like there are more Pokemon around them than there really are. Confuse them.”[break][break]
His eyes hide a storm, wondering not for the first or last time what starry eyed kids saw right before their demise in hellish battles like Sootopolis or Slateport’s invasion.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 17:50:20 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 They always say that being passionate about something is the most attractive state to be in.

Hopefully he was still seeing the road and not just his mind’s eye. Straying off the beaten path could be a wonderful thing, but not like this.

“...Alright, hero. When you talk like that, I’ll have to do my best to make your dream come true.”

She chuckled again—lightly at him, amiably with him.

His alternating wavelengths of gregariousness and gravitas didn’t seem to affect her. In a world of humans, tragedy, violence, and loss follow as a matter of course. To Yujin, the system of gyms and structured matches was just a faded fantasy. Creatures of mass destruction should be used to their utmost potential; the slumbering gun beneath her coat jacket called for it.

“I’m not very good with theatrics, but I can think of a few tricks with electronics.”

A pause as she glanced out at those shaped clouds again, drifting across the sky like battleships.

“I like your theme.” As much as she could like anything about a pokemon gym.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 7:30:22 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I just don’t want more kids to die, going off playing hero.” It’s funny she calls him that word. Hero. In another lifetime, his ride across the poisoned plains of Galar marked him as one worthy of that title. Here, in Hoenn, it feels hard to accept that he could be that. He’s just a warrior who thinks with his fists, his heart, and his gut.[break][break]
But, thanks. I’m glad to have you on board. Every little bit helps.” This town isn’t very big. They drive for a sparse mile or two and they’re already there. Hardly long enough for him to get to know her, or steer the conversation anywhere fun.[break][break]
Dewford’s gym has seen better days. It will soon see them once more. Tall men built like bulls from the mainland are here repairing the place. Its roof is almost finished. New windows have been set in. Down by the beachside, a battle pitch has been constructed.[break][break]
My gym trainers’ll be down there on the beach pitch, warming people up. Giving ‘em their bread and circuses. The real challenge is inside.” He leads her inside, where the renovations are almost complete.[break][break]
Here, the way the trainers will see it is like this.” There’s a pitch in a room just beyond the reception area. Truth be told, the building isn’t very big. The PA system isn’t up to snuff, but how could it be? The building has been out of commission for over a year.[break][break]
The ride down the pitch takes them to the real star of the show. Navy wasn’t lying. This is a proper battlefield. Rocky outcroppings, places where someone could set up a good offense or defense. War. Chaos. The real stuff the League doesn’t normally like to talk about.[break][break]
So, whatcha think you can rig up?” Navy asks with that damn smile.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 2:59:14 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 There is a way to design structures for the scorch and salt of the islands.

The construction crew looked much like the dockhands that milled on the summer steps of Hau’oli City. Just as tan, too. Beyond the scaffold teeth of the newly-renovated gym lay its maw, and she didn’t get to traverse its many halls before being invited into its belly.

At some point during the journey, Yujin had unlatched her briefcase. The felt was black, hollowed for the space of several blue pokeballs, a terminal, and a slender matte box. She typed away some inexplicable notes all throughout, only stopping once he had asked her a direct question.

And that smile

Ba...dump. Was that the sound of her feet missing a step, or her heart missing a beat?

“Ahem. I’ll need to see the rest of the facility first, darling.” She grinned. Laymen were always talking to her like she was an artist as opposed to an engineer. But she had said she’d do her best for him.

“...However, this stadium has an old design. The acoustics will improve dramatically with just some refl—... with some changes.”

She had taken off her sunglasses. A bright, aqualine stare glittered in the dark. “And I can call a colleague about smoke and mirrors. I assume you do not want to waste your pokemon on ambiance.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 4:21:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yeah, don’t think I wanna stick many of my guys on the sidelines during the battle. Hmm…interesting idea, though. Making them think that I’m about to throw a Pokemon at them when they’re just there to look scary…” While no engineer or scientist, sometimes, when the ball of the mind’s eye gets to rolling, words spill freely out of the mouth. His eyes find hers at some point, now that her sunglasses are off.[break][break]
Arceus…” He says, stumbling through the conversation, gunmetal meeting a blue so distinct it puts Kyogre’s blue orb to shame. Catching himself, he threads the loose prayer into a continuation of his point.[break][break]
…there’s a lot of work to do, huh? No offense, but this town’s never seen anything like what I had in mind. The only other gym that’s been here in recent memory was a stadium with an obstacle course just off shore. Had to haul a lot of that off before you get here, it fell into disrepair.”[break][break]
A scoff slips into his voice, unmistakable intimate vulnerable honesty. A weary sound, that of a warrior dismissing those who would play at his craft without understanding its intricacies.[break][break]
…bombings, gods descending from the sky, whole cities getting taken over, and people’s idea of a gym challenge is an obstacle course or a race.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2023 23:35:49 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 The psalm is caught by her very own palm as she shut the briefcase, as if trapping his prayer for her own entertainment later.

And she parted her lips as if to say something, but appeared to think the better of it.

Instead she said: “Yes, there’s a lot to do. It’ll take me at least two days to fix up what I can, and then another two to draft the rest of the changes for your superintendent. I’ll have to leave after that for my next assignment.”

Bombings, gods descending from the sky, and whole cities getting taken over.

In the aftermath of those words, Navy gave the impression of being a decanter; life’s liquid poured into him, and he did his best to strain out the sediment. But with time it grows deeper, and more resolute, and maybe even more sweet. If she was lucky, she’d be able to taste the wine from the bottle once it washed up on the beach by her feet.

“...But my evenings are free, and you volunteered to be my guide. We should celebrate! Difficult as things are, you’re still becoming a gym leader.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,260 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 4:06:39 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

So what I’m hearing is that you want me to take you out on the town four nights in a row. People are gonna start talking – especially the kids that live around here. They love to gossip.” He doesn’t mind, it’s all in good fun. A bunch of trendy college kids and high schoolers don’t make for bad company. “Lucky for you, I know all the good spots around here. Somehow this town gets the latest trendy spots before Slateport does.”[break][break]
He takes pride in the town already. Slateport is his hometown, but it can never truly belong to one man or be a source of pride. Cities exist long before you arrive and persist long after you move away. Any mark left will fade before the years out. They change like clouds in the sky. Towns have permanency.[break][break]
They got this little video arcade, all retro, where they serve drinks and pizza. I pray the rest of Hoenn never figures out it exists, ‘cause it’s gonna be packed if they do! I’ll show you after work, if you’re into that sort of thing at all.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
FRANKPLEDGE [M]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 23:33:36 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
 "That's exactly what I'm saying. Unless... you're afraid of what others think?"

She was being glib. It was a small town where the old folks were nosy and the young folks were glued to their phones, rotom or otherwise. No matter where these two went, they were one tilt of a screen away from sliding into the next viral PikPok.

But maybe gossip would be good attention for Dewford's brand new representative?

"Don't worry." She brushed her hair off her shoulder. "I'll be on my best behavior. I dress up, too."

Yujin looked at him from the corner of her eye. He got a little animated in the way he described the silliest things. Games were an acceptable stand-in for real life. She was already a dark horse of Step Step Revolution, what's ne— "Oh! Is there one of those shooting zombies games? I love those! I mean—yes. Yes, I would like that."

At this rate she would perish of excitement before the day was even over. "Alright, I must actually go be productive. Give me your number, will you? So I can let you know when I'm done."