478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 1:14:18 GMT
parker jones Avatar

the cute little face doesn't prepare her for the ungodly creepy eyeball that suddenly pops into existence at the foot of her bed. parker seizes with a swear, phone flinging out of her hand and into the wall. she scrambles to turn the light on, stares at the eyeball floating nonchalantly above her, and tries to focus on her breathing. 

i'm too fucking tired for this

and then, wait? was it here the whole time? because she'd done something else before trying to work out to fall asleep and if nomi's eyeballs could...could she have...seen?

no. no, even if she could, nomi wouldn't spy on her like that. 

"so what now, weirdo?" she asks the thing as she shimmies into her pants and slips on a jacket. the unown doesn't blink. or move. or do anything, which is arguably the worst thing it could do. 

and then, suddenly, the room pitches around her. if parker had eaten anything, it certainly would have come right back up. but as it stands, reality whooshes back up to her and her hands splay out over a metal desk, jostling glasses and other 'medical' instruments.

"that wasn't so bad," she says coolly to nomi, still looking a little green. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 1:51:02 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Ten minutes prior, Nomi had been blushing profusely, staring down at her phone, debating whether or not she should actually invite - recently sweaty, having-worked-out Parker - to come to her lab (the least sexy place on earth) to...do what? It wasn't exactly an ideal hang out spot.[break][break]
Also it was just after 4am.[break][break]
But...Nomi could not shake the overwhelming feeling that Parker should be there. Parker usually sat around and poked fun at Nomi until she got fed up with making crude jokes. Then she'd put her hands on Nomi's slim waist, pick her up, and set her not very gently on top of the desk and -- [break][break]
No. Wait. That was just one of her fantasies. That had never actually happened, as much as Nomi wanted it to.[break][break]
Parker belonged with Nomi. But she also didn't, because Nomi was bad for Parker. Rocket was bad for Parker. Parker wanted to make out with some pirate and live life on the open seas, not do R-rated things with a nerd like Nomi in her lab. Right?[break][break]
Except that wasn't quite right either. Maybe it had been, once. But now Nomi's brain felt jumbled, like nothing was in the right order. Parker had been interrogated by Cillian? Parker had been seen with a League captain named Dross? Why did that name make Nomi think about warm hearth-fire and the smell of roasting chestnuts?[break][break]
For the first time since she'd started studying Hoenn's various anomalies, Nomi wondered if she was going insane.[break][break]
"You get used to it," she found herself saying idly as Parker blinked into existence and commented on what had obviously been an entirely new experience for the bodyguard. The Unown-N floated back to Nomi, looking proud of itself. She returned it to its Pokeball, then stepped around the lab table so she could face Parker.[break][break]
Big crimson eyes with long, pretty lashes gazed up at the other woman. The blush returned. Nomi opened her mouth to say...something. Nothing came out.[break][break]
"You're really here," she murmured finally.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Vibes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2023 21:54:19 GMT
parker jones Avatar

she thinks, weirdly enough, oh, i could sleep now. exhaustion rears its ugly head and reminds her just how tired she is, especially since she's still spinning from the teleportation. so she kind of blanks, unsure what to follow up with after her suave display of confidence. 

you get used to it

she's gonna have to disagree wholeheartedly on that. parker can barely stand heights. and teleporting is kind of like being up somewhere high, but worse. instead, it's being stuck in an in between place and - oh, gods, if she thinks about it, she's surely going to be sick. 

nomi gapes like a cod at her and her skin prickles. she wonders if she smells. she could have at least splashed water on herself or swiped more deodorant on her pits. granted, she had kind of panicked because of the eyeball, so that seems like a good enough excuse.

"mmmmyep. and you're really workin' in the lab." her gaze slips down her pastel outfit and then she looks away. "nice skirt. is that...you don't have an assistant, do you?"

what the fuck, parker?
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 3:20:26 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi felt strange, like things weren't going as intended even though this had been a spontaneous visit, completely unplanned. For some reason, it felt to her like Parker was off script. The problem was, Nomi didn't know what that script should be.[break][break]
The way Parker's eyes briefly slid over her bare legs - lingering momentarily on her thighs - made Nomi blush a deep red. She'd arrived at the lab in sweats and a tank, but had rapidly switched to some of her actual clothes she kept there (for all-nighters) once she'd realized Parker might really show up. Nomi didn't exactly live at the lab, but she was there often enough that she had snacks, a spare toothbrush, and an outfit or two stored away in one of the cabinets.[break][break]
An assistant? Nomi cocked her head, which caused several pastel pink waves to fall cutely across one shoulder.[break][break]
"Nothing official," she answered. "There are junior scientists who assist me from time to time, and I often collaborate with peers." She perked up slightly, a small, mischevious smile gracing her lips. "Why? Are you offering?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Vibes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 20:12:32 GMT
parker jones Avatar

there aren't many places to sit. the couple of chairs in the room are sterile metal stools and aren't conducive to comfort. it's not like she came in expecting some plush couch to fall asleep on, but man is it weird that some of that nervous tugging in the back of her mind, the shit that's been keeping her awake, is just...gone.

nomi perks up at the question and parker starts backpedaling. 

"i'm no scientist, y'know that. sis says my handwriting even looks like a pidgey havin' a seizure so i can't even transcribe. nah, i gotta stick to punching things for ya."

she gives a playful one-two, her last tap brushing knuckles against nomi's shoulder. then she paces around the room, looking over the various instruments and tools and notebooks. 

"so, y'got coffee or do you only make mad science juice here?"
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 0:56:23 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"You have a sister?" Nomi asked, feeling like she should have known a fact like that about Parker. But when had they actually talked about their personal lives - about their families? A nagging in the back of her mind: names on the tip of her tongue, strangers who's faces she knew, memories gone missing like teeth.[break][break]
Knuckles brushed against her shoulder, a playful gesture that made Nomi think of all of a sudden. They'd probably get along, she found herself thinking, not for the first time.[break][break]
Nomi fidgeted with the hem of her skirt, trying to shake off the awkwardness that tickled the inside of her ribs, made her chest ache in an uncomfortable way.[break][break]
Coffee. Parker wanted coffee.[break][break]
"Over here," Nomi padded over to a cabinet attached to the far wall, and got up onto her tip-toes. She collected a bag of grounds, an electric kettle, and the right glassware and filters for pour-over. Nomi liked making coffee that way because it felt a bit like chemistry. Familiar. Easy.[break][break]
She filled the kettle at the lab sink, plugged it in, then assembled the glass instruments and filter.[break][break]
"Sorry, no cream. You'll have to settle for just sugar."[break][break]
At some point, Parker must have explained to Nomi her preference for sweet drinks. Though, for the life of her, she could not remember when, exactly, they'd discussed it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Vibes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 2:32:48 GMT
parker jones Avatar

"yeah," parker says and adds, as nonchalantly as possible, "she's in kanto right now keepin' the peace or some shit for rocket." she tries not to think about it much especially after the good doctor 's little stint over there in an attempt to start complete anarchy. at least she knows avery's okay. 

she gets texts every other day of various poses shithead's in. (shithead being her galarian meowth.)

nomi fidgets with her skirt and then turns awkwardly. parker is struck with a rather naughty intrusive thought and has to stop her hands from stretching out to yank nomi around the waist and back to her. 

holy fuck, i must be delirious from exhaustion.

the coffee ought to help. she frowns at the lack of cream. she likes her coffee white as the moon and twice as sweet. at least it'll still be drinkable with the sugar, but how did nomi know that?

"i didn't tell you this after we woke up, but i got this thing. i woke up with it." she tugs the metal chain out from under her shirt and fingers the ring. "didn' feel right to take it off. are ya, like, studying things like this?"
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2023 18:43:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

When the kettle beeped, Nomi steadily poured the boiling water over the grounds, the lab filling with the rich, time-to-get-up scent of fresh coffee. The scientist handled it with the same care and precision she might approach a test tube she was delicately filling with a toxic substance. When it was done, she prepared Parker a mug and dumped a sizable amount of sugar in it. This will have to do, she thought, regretting the lack of cream. She'd have to pick some up, for next time.[break][break]
Next time?[break][break]
Nomi approached Parker, steaming mug between two small hands, and saw that the other woman was gently fingering something worn around her neck. Nomi listened, curious. Setting the mug down on the desk next to Parker, she casually entered the bodyguard's personal space, taking the ring between her own fingers and examining it. She did not bother to ask Parker to take it off. It shouldn't come off.[break][break]
They were so close now, close enough for Nomi to feel the heat of Parker's body, her coiled muscles and ready-to-fight energy, smell the sporty musk of her citrusy deodorant, see the depth of emotion in her stormy grey eyes. She gazed at the small iron band, hammered and textured, imperfect. It made her feel sad and giddy at the same time, and her heart hammered in her chest as she considered where she'd seen it before.[break][break]
"I know this ring," she murmured. "I think I..." made it? She didn't have proof of that. When had she learned to forge jewelry, anyway? But she did have...[break][break]
"There's a drawing of this exact ring in one of my field journals. Here, I can show you."[break][break]
She's loath to step even an inch from Parker, their sudden closeness familiar in a comforting way, but she does so. Briefly. To grab the journal, hidden away in a desk drawer. She flipped through until she found it. Turned the journal around for Parker to see.[break][break]
"Same ring, right? It's in the section on Infinity Energy infusion, something I guess I was working on prior to the...situation at the Ancient Tomb." She paused. "It looks a bit like a wedding band, doesn't it? Maybe it's some kind of artifact."[break][break]
A relic of some long-forgotten love story.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Vibes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 14:50:31 GMT
parker jones Avatar

parker doesn't know how to explain the ring or the gut feelings that come with it. all she knows is that it feels sacrilege to take it off, that she might become less of herself if she were to ever lose it. but it's so frustrating, because whenever she reaches for it, it's like second nature.

she looks at it in the mirror and she feels she is missing something. a hungry, aching something. 

but she can't say any of that, not without sounding crazy. surprise colors her, though, when nomi fingers it and then exclaims that she has a drawing of it in her journal. her brows furrow. the way she says it...doesn't make any sense. 

"you guess you were workin' on? nomes, don't take this the wrong way, but you're crazy 'bout your research. y'wouldn't just...forget it."

she raises a hand to pinch the bridge of her nose, wrinkling. there is a pressure there, a last-ditch effort of her fraying mind to keep itself together. there are others who remember more, who damn well remember everything, but parker doesn't do otherworldly. parker doesn't think about her shit. so it's safer, promises the softer parts of her brain, to not remember.

"wedding band, eh? think i got hitched 'an forgot?" she says with a laugh.

"oh hey - that's funny." she points to a crude drawing of tits in the margins of the journal with some god-awful, blotchy handwriting that says infuse me with energy tn, babes?
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 18:43:03 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

It didn't make sense. None of it did.[break][break]
"I know," Nomi whispered in reply to Parker's observation. "But that's the thing, Parker. This journal is full of research I don't remember doing."[break][break]
For the first time that evening (morning? morning), she sounded afraid. Uncertain. Nomi was accustomed to knowing things, but ever since the fight outside of the Ancient Tomb, her brain had decided to stop knowing the difference between real and false memories, between dreams and reality. Some mornings, she woke up expecting to be in a completely different home, the empty space next to her in the bed a terrible tragedy. Other days, life was the same as it always was: her work for Rocket and her work for at Slateport University. And through it all, a steady, constant, gaping hole where something really important ought to be.[break][break]
Her crimson eyes begged for answers Parker could never give her.[break][break]
Parker's laugh helped, though. Nomi liked the rough quality of her voice, tough in a "but I'd never hurt my people" way.[break][break]
"How could anyone just forget that they were married?" Nomi echoed. Especially someone like Parker. She didn't know why, but she felt absolutely sure Parker was the sort of woman who would be utterly and completely devoted to the person she chose to marry someday.[break][break]
Nomi tried to picture herself as that person - the one Parker might marry - and oddly, her insecurities didn't have as much power as they usually did, because she could easily picture it.[break][break]
Blushing suddenly, she followed Parker's gaze to the scribbled tits and the message that accompanied them. She giggled, a grin forming. "Yeah, there's funny stuff like that all throughout the journal. I recognize my own handwriting of course, but I don't know who's that is. I know this sounds crazy, but it reminds me of you, actually." Crude, messy, the total opposite of Nomi.[break][break]
She'd never seen Parker write anything down before, just occasionally tap, tap into her phone. Just another feeling Nomi couldn't quite explain. A hopeful wish, perhaps: that familiar yearning for intimacy between them.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Vibes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 19:06:37 GMT
parker jones Avatar

it's an eerie sentence and it sends a shiver down parker's back, but that could also be because nomi sounds small when she says it. scared. and there's fuck-all parker can do about it. it's not like she can punch the uncertainty out of nomi's head. she hooks her fingers around the back of her own neck, arm hanging, feeling small while nomi looks at her for answers parker doesn't have. 

"i wouldn't," parker admits. she knows she's a fucking simp. if someone could actually stomach her for the long game, she'd lock that bitch down as fast as possible (in the most feminist way possible). but she's hard-pressed to believe she fell in love and got married during their nappy time at the ancient tomb. 

"of me?" she squints at the handwriting. the ink is all gathered and blotchy. it looks like a toddler tried to finger-paint. parker goes looking for a pen and paper, and finds both, and writes the same thing down for nomi to see. 

the argument could be made that they have similarities, but this test handwriting is cramped and way more legible than what's in nomi's journal. 

"i mean, i kinda see it? have you talked to anyone else that was there? they come back with these crazy souvenirs too? maybe zacian punked us."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 2:03:09 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi squinted, tried to decide if Parker's handwriting looked like the handwriting in her journal. She waffled: yes, it did. No, it didn't. But wait, yes it did.[break][break]
Just because you want it to be her handwriting doesn't mean it is, a small voice in the back of her mind hissed. A warning. You want to believe she was...what, married to you in a dream?[break][break]
That's what it had been, right? Something akin to the effects of dream mist and the Interdream Zone. It was just another type of simulation, a false history, a trick the ruinous beasts had played on all of them - or perhaps a DRK Triad tactic to weaken the League and Rocket alike.[break][break]
But why did she feel so troubled by the idea that it had all been fake, no matter how logical that seemed? How had a physical journal manifested? She was a scientist: objects didn't come from nothing.[break][break]
Her head hurt.[break][break]
"Those I've spoken with don't remember much," Nomi answered. "Small details, impressions, faded memories, feelings. I have more data to collect. It's only been," she paused, trying to keep track of time, feeling as if years had passed her by in the blink of an eye. "A few days."[break][break]
She folded her arms against her chest, a protective measure. If she wasn't careful, she'd reach out and pull Parker closer.[break][break]
"I'm sorry, Parker. It's my fault you got wrapped up in all that." Her smile was sad as she gazed up at the other woman. "Tired of my antics yet? I owe you something fun next, I promise."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Vibes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2023 3:25:09 GMT
parker jones Avatar

nomi examines both handwritings with an intensity parker doesn't quite know what to do with. so she idles, picking at scabs on her knuckles. otherwise, she'd be staring moony-eyed at the scrunched-up frustration on nomi's cute face while she looks at something that vexes her. 

did they all just inhale crazy dream mist? but that doesn't make sense. parker's been around nomi's science shit long enough to know where the dream mist comes from, and there had been no signs of it on the battlefield.

she remembers the cat. the funny-looking deer with the bowl on its head. the anger and then the hollowness. the ground rumbling. 

and flickers of a field littered with black petals. a king almost gone, nearly forgotten. another half to her, a part she's missing now. and this one she chases. she smells hearthfire - cold, crisp snow. blood. sweat. tears. cu - 

huh?

"a few days?" she repeats, hand going to her head. she feels dizzy, all of a sudden, and almost drunkenly plops into an uncomfortable metal stool. 

"'ey, not your fault, cupcake. i like spendin' time with ya. but somethin' fun sounds good." she grimaces and reaches for her mug of coffee. "damn though. this insomnia keeps up and i might have to start takin' narcotics."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,358 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 1:03:19 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"I like it when you call me cupcake," Nomi admitted, blushing. Sadness melted away, replaced by a coy grin.[break][break]
Cupcake...[break][break]
"Oh! There's a drawing of one of those too," she remembered excitedly, flipping the field journal back to the very first page. She held it out to Parker. A small, sketchy cupcake with a strawberry on top and a heart around it had been drawn in the margin.[break][break]
It was you, Nomi's eyes insisted as she gazed up at Parker. You wrote these notes. You were there with me...wherever I did this research. You -- [break][break]
Her sudden certainty wavered. -- loved me. But if that were true, why didn't they remember it? That was just Nomi's desire for Parker mixing in with her actual memories of whatever it was they had experienced, creating a tragic emotional soup. It made her chest ache. Nomi inhaled loneliness, exhaled longing. That was how she'd learned to breath, but she hadn't expected her subconscious mind to fabricate an eerily realistic decades-long marriage to the woman she was currently lusting after.[break][break]
Was she really that desperate for affection?[break][break]
"I should put a couch in here," Nomi murmured in response to Parker's last comment. "That way, if you need to come here when you can't sleep, you can at least lay down somewhere comfy." She paused, reluctant to make her next suggestion, but not wanting to keep Parker from resting if she felt ready to. "Do you want to go home now, try and get some sleep?"[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit Vibes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
478 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
our echoes
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 3:29:32 GMT
parker jones Avatar

nomi blushed and parker looks away sheepishly. if she doesn't, she might do something stupid. sleep-deprived, with nomi in that cute skirt, will only amount to something disastrous happening if parker isn't careful. and man, that would extra, extra suck to push nomi's buttons and risk getting pulled off bodyguard duty. 

now that her life's on the line and all. 

"a drawing of what?" she asks. nomi flips to the page and parker's brows furrow. a cupcake? one of parker's favorite pet-names? it's a weird coincidence. it has to be. 

and what if it's not? something in her aches. she's struck by deja vu, an itch in the back of her head, an exhaustion so profound she almost feels twenty years older.

"i dunno how you do all this thinking all the time," she says with a sigh, closing the journal for her own sanity. none of it makes any damn sense. but she does know one thing. nomi offers to send her home and every fiber of her being screams NO

"couch would be killer. nah, though. i'm already up and betcha fifty bucks, i leave ya and i wouldn't be able to sleep." she scratches her cheek. 

"so all this madness aside, how's your other research? the eyeballs and shit?" she could give two fucks about the eyeballs. but nomi likes them. and more importantly, she likes talking about them.