shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA DEEP SEA

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

GRANITE CAVE[break]↓ ULTRA DEEP SEA

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055326462955225158/lusapogger.mp3[/player][break]
Lusamine's Encounter Theme - Pokemon Sun & Moon
[break]

CONTRARY TO ITS NAME, THE MAJORITY OF THE ULTRA DEEP SEA IS A VAST CAVE-LIKE WORLD. Shafts of light from an unknown source barely penetrate the dark, causing colorful diamond-like rocks to glisten against humid walls. The dim lighting makes the place seem like you're thousands of leagues under the sea... Eerily, an unceasing pulse can be heard like a heart beat that rumbles throughout the realm.[break][break]

Oddly enough, one is able to "swim" through this realm like Water-type Pokemon floating in air.[break][break]

One may stumble upon deep, cold pools of dark water and alien seaweed as they scout out the realm. Segments of this place open up into an astral sea, where islands of mysterious stone are suspended mid-air.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 01 become poisoned by nihilego toxin temporarily.
  • 05 discover the skeletal remains of long dead megalopolans.
  • 19 be hunted by the corpse of a large megalopolan with a nihilego controlling it by way of its toxin in the open realm or The Quaestor Lucis.
  • 26 experience a clutch of ultra beast eggs hatching and the horrific newborn forms of nihilego or poipole emerging. protective parent ultra beasts will mercilessly protect them.
  • 🗺️ utilize mega evolution in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: will be able to encounter and catch a NIHILEGO or POIPOLE (one or the other); they may reflavor this to a stolen egg that will hatch on their own terms.[break][break]

the BEAST BALL she was able to pilfer from FATHER WINTER'S GAMBLE will allow her to capture ANOTHER POIPOLE OR NIHILEGO, FOR A TOTAL OF TWO ULTRA BEASTS. she may choose to save the BEAST BALL for later use should she desire.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
ULTRA DEEP SEA: SVT
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 19:07:55 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

It wasn’t her first jaunt to the Ultra Deep Sea. Its bizarre secrets had slowly revealed themselves to her in earlier expeditions through more or less violent means. Though caution isn’t her usual modus operandi, today she’s careful to check their surroundings as they step past the charted area and into the unknown.

Their team is a strange one. She has peripheral knowledge of and his severed ties to the League, and , well-

“Keep close, alright? Poisonous beasts make their home in these crags and crevices. The three of us should be okay, but just in case.”

It isn’t often she feels such a wave of protectiveness towards a stranger, but here we are. Not that she doesn’t believe Vanilla capable, mind you - she’s here after all. But she’s just so-

Small. Especially compared to her and Thomas.

“We’re here to chart this area,” she points towards a highlighted area in what seems to be a hand-drawn map, making sure the other two can see it clearly, “and stay hidden, if possible. Trouble might find us regardless, so be ready.”

Light dims when Skyler dives into the shadow of a craggy tunnel, weaving past its winding halls with silent efficiency. Dhelmise follows them, a ghostly shadow in the walls.

Iridescent crystals wink at her from their perches among the walls, and it's hard to shake the temptation to steal them for herself.

Maybe later, she tells herself, after they survive this expedition.

[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 2:45:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Though this was Thomas' first proper expedition into the Ultra Sea, this was far from his first trip.

The former member of the Elite Four was familiar with the effects the Ultra Sea had on those who lingered too long. Horrific mutations forming on the body, heightened paranoia. And that wasn't to speak of the Ultra Beasts, and corrupted Sharpedo and Barraskuda who inhabited the realm.

Though Thomas was familiar with Skyler Dross by reputation, he had never gotten to know her, or work with her in person before. Vanilla, on the other hand, was practically his apprentice. Even if she could handle herself, he still had his reservations about her being here.

"Just in case, I brought some Antidote.", he'd tell the other two.

Thomas would follow the lead of the Avatar, cautiously taking in his surroundings. Should push come to shove, he knew Skyler had more of a lay of the land than he or Vanilla did.

"Skyler, you ever encounter - zombified Pokemon, or people here?", Thomas inquired quietly. Though the question seemed like a silly one, Thomas tone was dead serious.

He wasn't sure if zombie was the proper descriptor, but the last time he went to retrieve bodies with , the two had a nasty run-in with a horrifically mutated Charizard corpse. The dead body was acting as if being controlled by the Neurotoxin, like a puppet. He remembered his futile attempts to save the Charizard, only for Michael's Urshifu to have to put the poor thing down.

If it could happen to Pokemon, he was damn sure it could happen to people as well.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 4:50:53 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla walked alongside the older two people out here, looking about as she'd keep close. "I've been down here before looking for my father back when the open wormhole was here." She smiled to herself, recalling meeting at the entrance, who allowed her to come in and look around underneath the League's nose. She really did want to thank her in person one day and hoped that the ranger was still around. Proxii continued to hover along as he'd maybe stop for a moment to observe the view as some water types above swim around them. "So we should be well acquainted with whatever's lying, waiting to take us on! Simple as is!"

As if the universe had hastily went to prove itself to the Rotom, several tentacles would suddenly latch onto the youngest trainer's legs from one of the small crevices underneath their feet. Vanilla let out a surprised yelp as she tried to yank her leg free of whatever was trying to capture her. "Get off..." she grunted, trying to pull herself free before something plunged itself into her thigh. She inhaled, the adrenaline helping her pry herself out and look at the damage.

There was a small tear in her leggings, exposing the sting mark. Vanilla frowned as a wave of lightheadedness washed over her, alongside her body feeling its sensitivity be cranked up to 1000%. "Ah, I-It stung me!" She said quickly, Proxii racing over as he'd start to panic. "Quick! We need to find some sort of fix!" he said quickly to Thomas and Skylar. She wouldn't really seem negatively affected so far, but she'd start to babble on.

"I feel kind of cold...But It feels like I drank seven energy drinks at once..." she murmured before looking to Thomas for some type of answer. "Thomas, you're cool, like cool cool. Like absolutely cool. I really want to be like you even though I'm still on level 1 and Oh god, I can't stop myself from talking, but it's hard to really stop. I don't mean anything!" She said, trying to filter herself despite her lack of such.

01. become poisoned by nihilego toxin temporarily.

@skylar |

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 21:38:36 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

"Zombified?" Skyler looks back over her shoulder at , brows furrowed at the mind image prompted by the question. She answers quietly. "No, can't say I have. Have you?"

Though she has explored quite a bit of this Arceus-forsaken land, it wouldn't surprise her to find more horror laid in wait. Sailor superstition is quick to creep up her spine in a shiver, but Skyler pushes it aside to focus on what's right in front of her.

Maybe that's why when a small tentacle slithers upwards from a crevice in the ground behind her, she's none the wiser. Only at Vanilla's sounds of struggle does the ship captain twist around, instinctively stomping down on a pale flesh tentacle as it disappears back into the crevice with a tiny screech.

"Fuck." Nevermind not cursing out in front of kids - the situation perfectly called for it. "Sorry 'bout that. You gonna be okay, champ," she tells .

Skyler kneels down next to a babbling Vanilla, gently studying the sting mark with a growing sense of urgency. Her eyes narrow, then rise up to meet Thomas'. "Still got that Antidote? Would work wonders right about now."

Skyler herself hadn't been quite so lucky the first few times she'd encountered these creatures. This was a tiny scratch, comparatively. Maybe it'd been a juvenile?

But that meant...

Somewhere down the long winding tunnels ahead, a tiny screech is answered by another, and another, and another. Unnatural shrieks bounce off of the walls and their echo comes back distorted - and ever closer.

"There's a whole fuckin' pod of them. Of course there is." 

Skyler's hand goes to her wrist, while the other signals to a shadow that peels off the wall just in time to Anchor Shot a translucent Nihilego, pinning it to the wall. 

[ 26 experience a clutch of ultra beast eggs hatching and the horrific newborn forms of nihilego or poipole emerging. protective parent ultra beasts will mercilessly protect them. (part one) ]
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 22:52:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Yeah, I have.", he'd tell Skyler, his mind lingering on the image of that Charizard.

Before he could elaborate further, Nihilego tentacles shot up, and latched onto Vanilla's leg. Thomas urgently reached for a Pokeball. An Alakazam would emerge, being greeted with the struggle the younger girl was going through. He didn't need Thomas to order him to blast at the source of the tentacles with Expanding Force.

"Way ahead of you!", Thomas told Skyler, reaching for the pack containing multiple syringes full of the stuff.

As if a bad situation couldn't get any worse, a horrific, distorted shriek resonated through the area, followed by loud, heavy footsteps charging towards them violently.

tags:
notes: Prompt 19, Part 1

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 20:08:52 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla was frightened if she was a goner. The teen shook as Skylar and Thomas would hover over her, shaking while she couldn't stop herself. "Ah-Am I gunna die? I don't wanna die. I really, really, really don't wanna." She continued ranting and raving about her perceived fate up until Skylar would turn to cast her gaze into the tunnels around them as a single, high pitched cry was heard, immediately followed by a series of more coming afterwards. While Thomas had pulled out the pack containing the medicine that would help, Vanilla flailed at the noises coming from afar. Her hand smacked the pack containing the syringes as it slid across the floor.

"I'm sorry!I'm sorry!I'm sorry!" Vanilla was able to garble as she quickly got up and took off to chase the pack in a dead sprint. Granted, she was a little loopy from the venom and would end up kicking it further inside the, much to her dismay. She'd curse to herself, eventually fumbling as she'd raise her head up to see an overhand coming up, with a drop that was surely going to result in the loss of this medicine. On a last ditch effort as she tripped, Vanilla's hand shot out to grab the pack right before it was out of reach. She came to a stop just as her torso would be over the small plateau as inside was...

That was a lot of bones. But more importantly, as she looked around...Skeletal remains, expressions stuck in fear and even some unlucky enough to be missing parts of themselves.

"Waugh!" Vanilla cried, stumbling back with the antidotes in hand. She felt her heart race as several Nhilego would slowly hover out from the site of this mass grave. "Vanilla!" Proxii called, hurrying towards the cave while unleashing blasts of lightning at the surrounding Nhilego. They'd tense up at the sudden attack but quickly flutter away while the girl was left with an opening. "You're the best! Like really the best! I wish you were my brother but it's weird and I-" She babbled on while sprinting back to Thomas and Skylar with the Antidote.

"I got it! I'm sorry I'm a klutz and stupid and I really shouldn't be here but I just really wanted to help, I'm sorry that you have to watch me wherever I go and I'm a pain in the ass and I..."

Hopefully she'd get that antidote soon enough...

05. discover the skeletal remains of long dead megalopolans.

@skylar |
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 20:51:18 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

She attempts to hold Vanilla down, but the girl slips from her fingers in her current delusional state. The Antidote slips away too, pushed away by frantic arms.

Shit. One thing at a time.

Catching 's eye, she moves her chin towards the poisoned Vanilla, clearly trusting him to get that Antidote working. She might not have worked with him before, but she knew enough to - at the very least - expect efficiency.

A blade reflects faint beams of light as Skyler holds it, stalking rapidly towards where Dhelmise is facing off against an increasing number of Nihilego. She pushes back, hopefully enough to protect the young girl from any further harm.

Ahead, Dhelmise's seaweed tendrils suck the lifeforce from nearby enemies - and it gives Skyler a moment to look around.

She notices the bones first.

They don't make an impression, mostly because she's seen something like this before. What does make an impression is the faint glow from beneath rotted ribcages, a pale blue that draws her in.

She doesn't notice the running steps coming from somewhere down the tunnels. While Dhelmise Anchor Shots Nihilego, piercing them against nearby tunnel walls, Skyler reaches forward. A rib cracks under her investigation, then another. "It's... Shit, it's an egg."

Not one, she abruptly realizes. A whole clutch of them.

Her heart drops at the imminent realization that they're truly and irrevocably fucked if they stay here for much longer.

"Guys, we have to g-"

A tentacle pierces through her midsection, and her sentence ends in a gurgle.

[ 26 experience a clutch of ultra beast eggs hatching and the horrific newborn forms of nihilego or poipole emerging. protective parent ultra beasts will mercilessly protect them. (part two) ]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 9:17:09 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas had little time to react to the Antidote being kicked out of his hands, as he saw a hulking Megalopolan charge at them. He couldn't even stop Vanilla from swimming down to collect the parcel, despite the danger.

Compounding an already grim situation, Nihilego tentacles began to shoot up from below, and attack them. Thomas kicked up, and attempted to swim away from them.

Freke fired off a Focus Blast towards the hulking corpse of the Megalopolan. The corpse, little better than a puppet, lacked the presence of mind to dodge the Focus Blast, being sent careening through the Ultra Sea by the force of the attack.

Once Vanilla came back with the Antidote, Thomas wasted no time in pulling out a syringe from the bag, and attempting to inject her with the Antidote.

That was when he saw Skyler being impaled by a Nihilego Tentacle.

"Shit! Skyler!", Thomas called out, sending out Ripper the Scizor to come to her aid. The Scizor would attempt to sever the tentacle that had impaled Skyler.

tags:
notes: Prompt 19: be hunted by the corpse of a large megalopolan with a nihilego controlling it by way of its toxin in the open realm or The Quaestor Lucis.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 8:57:00 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
All it took was a little prick and then Vanilla could feel her panicked mind slowly return to normal from its highly erratic pattern. She exhaled, feeling an enormous pressure off of her shoulders. "Thanks. I needed that." she said, looking back over at Skyler as she'd turn back to them just in time to see a tentacle piercing through her gut. Vanilla gasped just as soon as Thomas would send his Scizor towards the approaching storm. Not one to fall behind, Vanilla followed suit.

"Cutlery, Metal Claw!" She threw out a Pokeball right as the steel-dark type would pop out the Bisharp hurrying over to slice through any surrounding Nhilego as Thomas' Pokémon worked on the tentacle that pierced through the ship captain. He continued along as Vanilla ran up to help Skyler over and get her away from the horde. "H-Hey, you okay?" she said, doing her best not to look at the wound and focus on going forward. Her Rotomphone whirled forward as he kept an eye out for surrounding Nhilego.

"I think this way is clear, but these things are coming from everywhere. We need to get moving!"

|
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 20:39:23 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Getting pierced through by a Nihilego tentacle, as it turns out, is not a pleasant experience. 0/10 would not recommend.

Skyler tastes iron on her tongue, its tang a familiar one. What part of her isn't drawn into the lightning bolt of agony spreading across her torso notices both  and 's Scizor.

"Just peachy," she breathes out with gritted teeth, holding on to her midsection in an attempt to keep her blood on the inside, where it ought to be. 

All around them, the dry crack of hatching eggs becomes an endless echo. Megalopolan skeletons twitch, the writhing mass of hatching Nihilego beneath stretching hungry tentacles towards them while their progenitors hover above.

"Not sure, but I think we might've overstayed our welcome." For a moment, crimson flickers across Skyler's skin - blink, and you'd miss it. A dull blue glow envelops her and wounded skin starts knitting itself back together.

It hurts like hell, but it's a pain she's used to by now. Instead, Skyler searches through the remains with razor-sharp intent. 

There.

Dhelmise bursts out of the shadows, seaweed shooting out to GIGA DRAIN the nearby group of Nihilego. It is enough to distract them away from Skyler's reaching hands. 

"Think they'll follow us out of here?" Skyler grins, trouble in her eyes. The question is a rhetorical one, whispered as she abruptly nudges into another tunnel - and trusting  to follow.

Furious shrieks shadow their steps, no doubt due to the Nihilego egg safely secured under her arm.

[ 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: SKYLER DROSS will be able to encounter and catch a NIHILEGO or POIPOLE (one or the other); they may reflavor this to a stolen egg that will hatch on their own terms. ]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 22:15:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

With the tendril severed, Thomas, Ripper, and Freke all focused on holding off the horde of Ultra Beasts. In the chaos, Thomas missed Skyler's use of her Avatar Powers to heal her wound.

When the Avatar had stolen the egg, and swam off, Thomas allowed the other two to go ahead, opting to watch their backs. Though trailing behind, Thomas still maintained a close enough distance to the other two. From his position, he could see the oncoming horde of Nihilego quickly gaining on them.

"Go ahead, I'll hold them off!", Thomas called out, as he pulled out a pocket watch. Opening the watch revealed the Key Stone embedded in the center of the clock face. Pointing the watch towards his Scizor, Thomas pressed down on the Key Stone, causing the Scizorite attached to Ripper to react, and cocoon him in an orb of energy. Emerging explosively was a Mega Scizor, who gave the oncoming horde a wicked grin.

The Scizor wasted no time in dashing towards the Nihilego with powerful Bullet Punches. The elongated pincers violently struck the nearest Nihilego, smashing violently into the Ultra Beast, and sending it flying back towards its brethren. Tendrils attempted to ensnare the Mega Evolved Pokemon, only for the Scizor to swipe at them with his pincers, hacking them off with the aid of the serrations of his pincers.

The Alakazam would support the Scizor from afar, loosing bursts of Expanding Force towards the Ultra Beasts down the tunnel.

tags:
notes: Prompt: Utilize Mega Evolution in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 4:33:24 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Like Thomas, Vanilla was much too distracted to take notice of her wounds slowly healing themselves. Her help with Skyler wasn't as needed as she thought, but was another display of her altruism on display. At least, that's what she told herself when it ended up working out. They continued down the tunnel as that sound continued. Horrible, rigid cracking of eggs that seemed to have no end. The teen would hurry with Skyler ahead. "Ugh, this place is a maze." Proxii complained. "Get in my pocket before something happens to you too." Vanilla said as the Rotom fled inside of her azure jacket's lower pocket. The Nhilego continued to surround them until a timely interference from Skyler's Pokémon would distract enough of them for an escape.

"With a Pokémon like that, I don't think so." Vanilla grinned at the woman. Proxii popped his head up and took a quick scan of the anchor shaped being before diving back down into safety. CLICK! She'd turn around to watch the unknown typed Pokemon with eager eyes, a smirk planting itself on her face. "If we don't die, you gotta tell me where I can find those."

She was pushed down a tunnel as she'd start in the front before Thomas would call out as he'd be doing the most Thomas thing that Vanilla had heard him do. "What?!" The girl looked up at Skyler for a moment before then going to the man. She wanted to drop everything and help her mentor out, to show him that she didn't need constant protection. But currently, not the time. "Be careful!" she called out to him, whistling as the Bisharp continued to follow behind them.

A few smaller Nhilego would grapple onto Vanilla as she passed by, catching her off guard as she frowned. "Cutlery!" A swift slice came down on the mass of tentacles, freeing his owner as she'd continue running with Skyler away from trouble. Proxii, once again, would peek out of the coat pocket to catch an eye on the egg in Skyler's hands before then diving back down into his owner's pockets.

"I don't hear as many eggs hatching up ahead of us. We might be in the clear."

Just as he said that, some large shadows swerved above them. the Nhilego that were busy feasting on some poor denizens had taken control and were diving down to get them. Cutlery would jump into action again, using Iron head to clash against a Nhilego controlled Sharpedo as it aimed to take a bite of of the group.

"You just had to say something!"

|

Dhelmise, the Sea Creeper Pokémon. After a piece of seaweed merged with debris from a sunken ship, it was reborn as this ghost Pokémon. After lowering its anchor, it waits for its prey. It catches large Wailord and drains their life-force.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 19:32:29 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Skyler had aproximately zero qualms about leaving somewhere behind them to fight off the surge of Nihilego eager to defend their brood. Not only had he all but offered, it also gave Skyler an opportunity to get away with the egg she'd pilfered.

"Get away when you can!"

That, and she trusted the guy to get himself out of trouble.

The network of tunnels ahead, however, prove as much of a challenge. Translucent tentacles snag on their clothes and hair. The screeches of infuriated Ultra Beasts shadow their steps no matter where they turn. Skyler maps out their path in her mind, nudging this way or that, depending on where she thinks they are.

Fortunately, a few close calls aside, Skyler manages to reemerge from the tunnels into the dim vastness of the Ultra Sea. And though Nihilego still follow them in pursuit, it enables the captain a swift escape - should it be necessary.

She's about to open her lips when she's yanked down onto the ground with a hard smack. The air leaves her lungs in a wheeze, and she's immediately aware of the pressure around her leg. Twisting around, she catches sight of a gold-tinted Nihilego hovering above.

Dhelmise materializes around the creature, but not even its ghostly ambush has much of an effect on the jellyfish. Gritting her teeth, Skyler tightens her core and reaches for the knife strapped to her leg - but comes into contact with another object. Round, cold to the touch.

Grief flashes in storm-tossed eyes, but it's all but shoved aside as Skyler tightens her grip around a Beast Ball and lobs it at the Nihilego.

And when it goes still, Skyler pockets it.

"All in all," she says, tossing a small iridescent quartz (who the hell knew how or when she'd gotten that) towards , "not too bad."

When joined them, they'd make their way back to their realm.

tykILIO0

[ the BEAST BALL she was able to pilfer from FATHER WINTER'S GAMBLE will allow her to capture ANOTHER POIPOLE OR NIHILEGO, FOR A TOTAL OF TWO ULTRA BEASTS. she may choose to save the BEAST BALL for later use should she desire. ]

> skyler has nihilego + used beast ball for nihilego 2

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 19:52:51 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The trio continued to hold the line against the onslaught of Ultra Beasts. Bullet Punches would smash into Nihilego. Expanding Force would detonate, and send Nangandal flying back.

A Tendril latched onto Thomas' leg. Mustering his training, Thomas swiftly unsheathed the knife holstered on his chest, and swiped at the knife, severing the tendril. Ripper would finish the Nihilego off with a well-aimed Bullet Punch.

As they were battling through the tunnels, Thomas was making his way towards the exit, all the while looking for the right moment.

Finally, Thomas saw his opportunity. "Freke, Focus Blast at the ceiling! Ripper, cover him!", Thomas ordered, pointing the Alakazam to some rocks that looked easily disturbed.

The Alakazam would focus for a moment, while the Scizor came to his defense. Nihilego and Nangandal who attempted to attack the Alakazam would be greeted by the massive steel pincers of the Mega Evolved insect. Powerful strikes would send them careening down the narrow tunnel. Finally, the Alakazam unleashed a Focus Blast, striking the ceiling, and causing a cave in that sealed off the two parties.

"Let's get the fuck outta here!", Thomas called out to the other two, making a break for the exit.

Thomas would arrive shortly after Skyler had captured the Golden Nihilego.

"You two alright?", Thomas asked Skyler and Vanilla.

W|80uWNF

tags:
notes: Fin