he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 0:41:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]???
[attr="class","monody"]
What Would You Be?
Evidently, this fae wasn't very good at asking questions.

"
Yes! That! Thank you!" The look of satisfaction on the fae's face was clear. "You're a human of many talents and professions! A Bartender, a Baker, a Caretaker, and even some kind of Ruler! I could only wonder what kind of Kingdom you would rule, where you must work so many other jobs."

Evidently, this fae's level of understanding wasn't the best. But the annoyance it displayed earlier was gone, at least.

As for why it wanted to know? "
Many who live here can't even remember what their lives were beforehand. As a Learner, it's my job to learn as much as possible about…everything I can. Whether or not they stay here for the rest of their lives."

The fae flew around the Lost One, looking them over with closed eyes.

"
Whenever a newcomer arrives, I like to learn about them. In case they leave and I never meet them again - or if they stay and I can guess what role they'd be given in our Kingdom. I don't believe the Queen would make you the new Ruler, but you could be a Baker, Bartender, or Caretaker."

The Learner stopped flying around the Lost One, settling in front of them.

"
Just to sate my curiosity: if you had to choose one of those roles as your own, which would you choose? You could even choose Ruler if you want, though I still don't know what kind of Ruler a 'Drag Queen' would be."

Prompts:

Answer the question
Optional: You can choose to move on to a new challenge after fulfilling the first prompt

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 19:22:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

(It was more like… he wanted to be careful about asking questions. But we digress.)

“I… wanted to ask how you can see me without opening your eyes. Or unless your eyes do that weird flash-memory wipe thing like in that one movie I’ve seen.”

(Little did he know he’d skirted ridiculously close to the truth. But then again. He didn’t know of most other Legendary Pokémon outside of Unova at least, so there was that.)

He realized he was straying from their question, so he’d come to a stop and think.

“To be honest… I enjoy being a ‘caretaker’. You’d have to contend with so many other personalities all at once, though, because taking care of a lot of Pokémon isn’t easy—especially when… especially when there’s a lot of one particular kind that like calling the place you live at, ‘home’.”

He… he did not want to challenge the ‘Queen’ as it was. Too risky.

“Aye, and you’re such a strange one,” the not-so-little Ribombee sassed, finally speaking up after all this time. “You say weird things at times.”

“Wha—”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 23:21:33 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]???
[attr="class","monody"]
What Would You Be?
The Learner looked at the Lost One, its eyes still closed shut. "I don't need to open them to see," it answered, "and yes, I wouldn't want anyone to forget something merely because they saw my eyes. I don't seek to merely hoard all knowledge for myself; what use is there in that?"

The fae quietly listened as the Lost One gave their answer to its actual, non-rhetorical question.

"Yes, there is indeed always a need for a Caretaker! Not only for those fresh to the world, but for those who cannot care for themselves! It's not a job I'd enjoy, but all good for you!"

The fae breathed a sigh of content relief. "Alright, I'll stop bothering you. The fields don't go for much longer, and the path to the castle is fairly straightforward. Though there will still be trials for you to face."

"As a thanks, allow me to share with you a vision of the future, of your next trial."

The vision would reach the Lost One quickly, an image of two small fae atop two round fae, charging forward, their faces fierce (or as fierce as they could make with their adorable features).

"Good fortune to you, Lost One."

Prompts:

Move on to the next challenge
Optional: Ask any remaining questions you may have

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 20:05:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Good thing he was a natural caretaker, because this fae apparently did not like taking care of other fellow fae… well, that was fair considering that they wanted to hoard as much knowledge of the world.

“I know asking for your name is going to be an exercise in futility, however… thank you for being honest with me,” he nodded quietly.

He then saw the vision in his mind’s eye, and couldn’t help but crack a bit of a smile.

“Small, but terrible… they’re not going to bite me, are they?” he remarked; on the off-chance he might get an answer.

“What did I tell you?! Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers! C’mon, let’s go! Move, move, move! The sooner we get to where they were, the sooner we can go!”

He sighed at his minuscule companion’s irritation.

“Alright, alright. Coming!”

(Hopefully he was not going to be cursed to go around in circles here forever.)

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 23:54:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Truly Terrifying
[attr="class","monody"]
A Round With The Riders
The Learner somberly nodded. "My true name is long gone, as is the case for many a fae here."

As for the vision? "
If those truly are Riders you are fated to encounter, then they hardly bite. But they do fight."

It was the last bit of information the Learner would tell the Lost One before returning into the same plains it emerged from. The Lost One went on their way, and fortunately, they weren't cursed to wander these plains forever.

And the vision they'd been given would come to pass very soon.

----------

The Lost One found themselves walking alongside a river when they'd hear the odd sound of tiny horseshoes against dirt. Though it may take some time to spot the source, considering their diminutive stature:

Two fuzzy imps, each atop a fuzzy mount. Neither would reach higher than the Lost One's knees, even atop their mounts.

"
Halt, Invader!" one of the fuzzy imps shouted, holding a tiny spear up at the Lost One. "By the decree of our Ruler- I mean, The Queen - we two Riders are here to stop you from going any further!"

"I thought they said the human was smaller," the other imp said, a worried look on its face.

"
No, they were talking about the Fairy protecting them! And who cares how tall they are! We got a job to do! Death to those that offend our Queen!"

Unfortunately for the Lost One, these two Riders were out for blood - and words weren't going to dissuade them. Trying to escape would prove very difficult - those mounts were much faster than they looked. Seems they had a fight on their hands…

Prompts:

Write out your battle against the two Riders. You must use at least 3 different attacks, and incorporate at least 1 ability in some way. You may control the Imps and have them use attacks appropriate to a Joltik (one also has a tiny spear, though this does not impart any attacks). Their mounts will not attack, but are fast enough to keep up with you if you try to run.
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 15:02:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The journey continued in such silence that it was almost deafening—at least he remembered that there was trouble coming, and fast… the thing is how was he going to…

Little did he know he would hear very quiet clip-clopping coming from the ground—looking around wildly, he realized that… whoa, they were small! And… for some reason they looked cute!

“Hey, hey, whoa, I’m not here to—” he began, holding his hands up in the ‘please don’t hit me’ pose, however…

“They ain’t here to fuck around!” the not-Carina exclaimed as the angry, angry (but extremely cute-looking) Joltik threw themselves up and off the little Swinub mount, crackling with energy as the small body was wreathed in an Electro Ball attack!

“Whoa! What the hell! Why, you nasty little…” the foul-mouthed Ribombee growled before releasing a brilliant burst of fae energy in the form of a Dazzling Gleam.

All he could do was watch in quiet shock as the first, angry, angery Joltik (the one that was holding an equally-tiny spear) took the charge to the Ribombee, and the two attacks exploded against each other in a flash-bang of light.

Yeesh, there go my eyeballs for a few weeks, he thought as he had to blink several times to clear out the scorching light that burned into his retinas.

Unfortunately, the angry Joltik’s Swarm ability activated, before it lashed back out with a deafening Bug Buzz attack…

“You did fucking not just do that!” the Robimbee growled, quickly threading up the purple Pollen Puffs and started throwing them at the angry Joltik.

Thankfully, the angry one got a faceful of said Puff, before shrieking and falling down the ground where the equally tiny mount picked them up and ran off… the second Joltik was too nervous to say anything before the Ribombee turned their attention on them.

“What, you wanna piece of me?!” they challenged; which was more than enough to scare the second one away, really!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 1:19:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]How Do I Shot Web?
[attr="class","monody"]
Lend a hand?
Fortunately for the Lost One, their tiny Fairy was there to protect them from their equally-tiny attackers.

Their aggressive, foul-mouthed Fairy.

The aggressive Rider put up a valiant fight, but the Fairy's attacks were as strong as its words. The Rider's choice to dismount ended up being a mistake, and unable to avoid the Fairy's attacks, the little Rider soon fell, its tiny spear bouncing against the ground as its mount unceremoniously ran off.

All that left was the one less-confident Rider, who looked to almost try to hide in its equally-small mount's fur. It clearly wanted to ride off - but its mount didn't budge. "N-no," it answered, its mount merely standing there motionless (save for the small snot bubble expanding and shrinking in front of its nose). "I…I'm just here 'cause I'm a Rider, and Riders gotta get sent out to fight anything the Ruler tells us to fight."

It glanced over at the Fairy - then immediately back at the Lost One.

"How…how'd you get that strong? I try so hard to be strong enough and be a good Rider…but I always get scared 'cause everything seems so much tougher than me…"

Prompts:

Choose whether or not to give the cowardly Rider advice.

Note: Will move on to the next challenge after this post.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 12:20:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Aww, that snot bubble looked absolutely adorable! If he wasn’t stuck in the middle of who-knew-where he would definitely be fussing over the poor little Joltik right now, that was a guarantee.

Just as the Ribombee was about to answer, he held up his hand.

“Let me take it from here,” he began quietly as he crouched down to be as close to the Joltik’s eye level as possible.

“Sorry if they’re so snappy,” he apologized, to which the Ribombee growled—but held their tongue.

How was he going to put this? Going into a matter of perspective shouldn’t hopefully stress the Joltik out, but then again…

“When I’m faced with problems that are bigger than what I can handle, I take a step forward. Normally, anyone would expect the reaction is to ‘run away and never look back’, however if you face your fear head-on and take that step forward, you’re already about halfway to solving the problem.”

Why did this sound like the words of another witch from another universe

“Don’t let your fear get to you, if I can add,” he hummed. “Once you take that first step forward and charge at whatever is bearing down on you head-on, then you shouldn’t have anything to fear.”

Was that advice sound enough…?

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 22:55:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Whomst this be?
[attr="class","monody"]
A Bridge Guardian?
The cowardly Rider listened to the Lost One, its eyes occasionally peeking towards the Fairy, just to ensure it wasn't about to get the same beating as its companion.

"
So I gotta try and handle my problems head-on…" it muttered, looking down at its mount before looking back up at the Lost One. "If that's what it's gonna take to get strong, then I can't let fear control me. Which means…I can't run away from this."

"
S-so prepare yourself, I-Invader!" it shouted, tapping its mount several times, the snot bubble on the mount's nose popping. "Here I goooo-"

The mount charged - towards the left, further into a forest. "
No! Not that waaaaaaaay!" the Rider shouted, but its panicked mount wouldn't listen. Seems that would be a fight the Lost One wouldn't have to deal with.

All that was left was to continue onwards.

The castle was close - it would be visible to the Lost One. All they had left was to cross a ravine that cut the castle off. And fortunately, there was a well-maintained bridge that would help them cross and reach their objective.

Yet it was hard to miss the figure at the other end of the bridge. It would be hard to make out the details at first, but as they grew closer, the figure would become much clearer, perhaps even shifting in shape.

Soon, the figure would be clear, but who was it that the Nameless One saw - or what was it?

The figure will appear as a person or Pokemon that desires to meet the most. The figure will be under control of the storyteller.

Prompts:

Choose what the figure appears to be.
React to encountering said figure.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 20:56:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He still couldn’t help but snicker sympathetically for the poor little Joltik whose snot-bubble Swinub mount had gone in the completely opposite direction… awwe! The smile was still on his face as he watched it run after the mount, deeper into the forest, away from him…

But alas they had to keep moving.

‘Come on, we have to go. I don’t feel safe here.’

“No need to tell me twice.”

It wouldn’t take long for them to eventually cross a bridge, but what the hell was up with that fog?

‘Oh boy.’

“What?”

‘Look over there.’

He squinted into the pervading gloom—and though he was hoping it was going to be someone human, instead he would pick out the familiar silhouette of…

“Oh, my god. You have got to be joking me.”

For it was the Wandering Stormbringer himself…

Tornadus.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 0:12:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]He big
[attr="class","monody"]
An Imposter
The Lost One found themself before them that they never could have expected: the Wandering Stormbringer Tornadus, whose imposing silhouette floated just above the ground. It floated at the other side of the bridge, as if waiting for them, its arms folded.

At least, that's how it appeared to be.

"
You seem at a loss," the Tornadus said, its voice unbecoming of a creature of its size or stature. "But I fear I am not truly what I appear to be. All that bear witness to me see me as something different, something they wish to meet most of all. Such is what it means to be an Imposter…"

Its voice trailed off, the resignation in its voice clear.

"
Our Ruler told me to meet you here. So tell me: what is it that you see me as? Why do you wish to meet it most of all?"

Prompts:

Answer the questions
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 20:26:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The good thing about this was—he hoped, at the very least—that he’d chosen to make this challenge a private one; as this was one of the most closely-guarded secrets he currently possessed.

‘You’ve got to… oh, come on.’

“What?” he hummed, trying to look over at his shoulder where the not-Carina was perched.

THIS is what you’ve been lusting over?!’

“H-hey!” he yelped, as he looked across the pervading gloom; however…

‘Humans. Sometimes I wish I didn’t understand your kind. But alas I do.’

“Oh, shh,” he shushed the Ribombee, before he made to take a very cautious approach because who knew what else tricks were waiting for them.

“To be fair, I’m looking for answers. Answers as to why your other self gave me… this.”

From inside his jacket, he would pull out a particular piece of rope; while it was crude as compared to where his flecked, fading bird whistle and dogtag was strung up on, this one had a singular feather—a feather that looked like it had come from another version of the approximation of ‘Tornadus’ in front of him.

“Why you appear in that form, and not the other one that has these feathers.”

There. That was the truth, and nothing else but.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 23:05:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]He fight
[attr="class","monody"]
An Encounter
The Imposter looked upon the strange feather the Lost One produced - and shook its head.

"
I know not what that feather represents. Nor do I know of any other form of the one you seek. I know only that I appear as the thing you would wish to meet most of all; I have no control over what that form will be."

It would seem the Imposter's voice wasn't the only aspect unbecoming of the Lost One's desire; its look didn't match either.

And yet, it did appear as a form of Tornadus. "
Perhaps this is what you seek - even if you do not know it? I fear I don't have all the answers you may be looking for."

The Imposter looked the Lost One straight in the eyes.

"
And I also fear that my purpose here isn't merely to converse with you."

The wind began to pick up around them.

"
Our Queen has ordered me to face you in battle, for the offense of not giving your name to her. I hardly wish to use the power of the one you seek most against you, but I've little recourse but to fulfill her order."

"
Ready yourself, Lost One."

Prompts:

Write out your battle against the Imposter. You must have The Fairy utilize at least 3 different attacks, and incorporate at least 1 of The Fairy's abilities in some way. You may control the Imposter and have it use attacks appropriate to a Tornadus. The Imposter is only as powerful as the average Pokemon, unlike the form it has taken.
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 18:45:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘Oh, my god. You know, if you gave your name earlier—’

“Now’s not exactly the time for that, is it?! I know a lot of tales about the fae and once they have a human’s name, they’re not going to return it that easily!” he would holler as the telltale signs of a Tailwind would blow—but not from his direction.

Which meant they were essentially going to get fucked over.

“I don’t want to fight—” he would yelp; however the Ribombee would sigh.

‘Too late for that!’ the not-Carina would holler, quickly fluttering her—their wings and preparing a Quiver Dance, the better to be able to get the hell out of firing range the moment—

“Are you kidding me?!” he would all but shriek a few moments afterward as the ‘Tornadus’ set up the weather with a Rain Dance, which made him groan; and he already knew what was coming a split-second later as he quickly zipped up his jacket and threw the hood over as the torrential downpour began to rip through the foggy area—

A Hurricane force burst of wind would come screaming their way; had it not been for the earlier Quiver Dance they would’ve been pretty much fucked.

Thankfully, though, the Shield Dust that clung on the Ribombee’s wings would protect them from further harm; before the tiny little body mustered up all the force it could throw behind as it would meet the Hurricane head-on with a sudden flash-bang of light that took the form of a Dazzling Gleam.

Huh. That was definitely not one of the attacks his Carina knew—because the affectionate Ribombee that traveled with him knew Moonblast and not this variant.

Uncowed, but not deterred, an Air Slash would come screaming their way; and one flap of the tiny wings later, a loud, discordant racket in the form of a Bug Buzz would shake the clearing, forcing him to stuff his fingers into his ears.

Oops.

He forgot his earplugs.

A surprise Hammer Arm would come screaming from the ‘djinni’s’ direction; and thankfully the ‘Ribombee’ was fast enough to get the hell out of range, flying upward before commencing…

The Pollen Puff bombing run. Or at least that’s what it looked like, as one, after another, after yet another, and yet more purple poisonous strings of ‘candy’ would start falling towards where the ‘Tornadus’ was…

This was… definitely a ‘David and Goliath’ situation, wasn’t it?

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 0:13:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]He ask
[attr="class","monody"]
A Victory
Even an ersatz of the Stormbringer proved to be a powerful foe for the Lost One's Fairy. The two fae traded blows, the Lost One doing their best to stay safe in the conflict.

Despite the Imposter's power, the Fairy gradually overcame it, the deciding blow being a veritable swarm of Pollen Puffs, too many for its winds to blow away.

The Imposter was taken down, the winds it controlled dying down.

"
Well struck," the Imposter said. Its head poked out of the Puff pile, but it was clear it wasn't getting out. "It seems I won't be able to stop you. Our Queen is just further ahead, within the castle…"

The Imposter closed their eyes, as if ready to accept unconsciousness - but a brief burst of energy opened its eyes once more, if only to speak a little bit longer.

"
But I must ask you one question, before you proceed; should you truly meet who I appear to be, and should they oppose you as I have, would you be willing to fight them?"

Prompts:

Answer the question.
MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights