5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 20:28:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

‘You run your mouth too much.’

“I know, I know,” he would chide the not-Carina as the Ribombee resumed the position; flicking away the last of the poisonous thread away from their minuscule little hands as he looked over at the poor—wait, wait a second.

He knew that the Stormbringer was much more powerful than this, but to be bested by a tiny little Ribombee?

Something was definitely up there…

He couldn’t help but mentally snicker at the image of a ‘Tornadus’ buried under a pile of purple Pollen Puffs. That was going to be one for the ages.

“I have no other choice in the matter but to face them head-on, right? So I return to where I came from, after all this. Then there is my answer.”

Hopefully, it would be enough.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 23:54:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/RoyalAudience.mp3[/player]
A Royal Audience

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]One More Obstacle
[attr="class","monody"]
A Royal Audience
The Puffed-out Imposter could do little but solemnly nod at the Lost One's answer. "An acceptable response. One can't always know true thoughts and desires of the one they seek. The true Thunderbringer may prove more ferocious a foe than I."

"
Or perhaps, more cooperative. One wouldn't know until the time comes."

Slowly, the Imposter sank into its pile of Puffs. Close observation might clue in that the Imposter was shrinking, and the details on its body became indistinct, blurrier. But it would fully disappear into the Puffs before any major change became apparent.

"
Now go on ahead, Lost One. Find your way to the gateway out of this world - and do not look back."

The path to the castle was clear. It would merely be up to the Lost One to follow it.

——

The castle was a magnificent blue structure, grand in scale and design. It looked as if it were all made of ice, yet it was no cooler or warmer than the outside. The way to the throne room was a simple one, with the inside of the castle more of an imitation of a castle than a real one; close observation would reveal the side rooms as either empty or near-empty, if there were even a space behind the doors.

While they were free to take their time, it would only be a matter of time until they found their way to the throne room. The throne itself looked as cold as the rest of the castle, in spite of the flowers adorning the room.

And sitting atop that icy throne was a familiar figure: the one the Lost One had met when they first entered the forest.

Yet, she looked different now: she bore a mixture of exhaustion and scorn, slouching on her throne as she glared at the Lost One and their Fairy.

It was just the three of them in this room now - and a low hum that reverberated through the room, coming from behind the throne.

"
The Fae Kingdom is a strange place, is it not?" she asked, the frustration in her voice clear. "Filled with strange creatures, fulfilling the strange purposes they were given, and content with just that, with no other care in the world. It's what I thought when I first found myself trapped in this world - and I still do."

"
Tell me: what do you think of this kingdom? Is it not the kind of place you would want to leave, with whatever opportunity presents to you?"

Prompts:

Answer the question.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 20:53:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It wouldn’t take them too long to eventually arrive at the throne room themselves, huffy not-Carina riding on his shoulder and ready to throw barbs when they both saw the ruler themselves—

And for a moment, it was like he was looking into ’s Hatterene…

He had to fight down the little bubble of emotion that was threatening to bubble up and pop out of him, so there was that.

“Before I give my answer for your question… I have a question of my own as well.”

‘Oh no, here we go…’

“Have you tried talking to your subjects? If they really, trule like what they’re doing?” he would run his mouth for a bit because well, that cute little Joltik (the one with the snot bubble) felt like they would always get in trouble, and the not-Tornadus also looked like they wanted to get out of there…

Or maybe that was just him overthinking things again.

“Well, my answer to your question would be… if you can come back and forth to it as you would please, then why not have the option to do such a thing?”

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 23:22:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]One More Obstacle
[attr="class","monody"]
A Royal Question
"Denying me an answer," the Queen reprimanded, her eyes staring deeply at the Lost One, "after denying me your name. How very bold of you. A denizen of this world would have faced punishment for such impudence."

She blinked, her gaze weakening. "
But very well. I have spoken with some of my subjects. The one that were coherent, had quite a bit to say. But all found their given names better than a life without a purpose, lest they become a Beast, destined to bring ruin to this Kingdom and those around them."

"
I'm hardly the only one that would leave, given the opportunity. And yet, others have found it a strange comfort, knowing that their only need is to do a single job. Such simplicity can bring peace of mind, when the complexities of life drive one to its own madness."

She let out a sigh, slumping in her chair.

"
It's a madness I sorely miss. I would return to it - but one needs a name to leave this realm. Not merely a title given in this realm. That is why I have yet to leave. That is why I desire your name."

The Queen went quiet, the Lost One's questions answered.

"
Or, after all you've seen in this world, do you truly wish to return to your life, where many trials await - both known and unknown, where purpose is unclear?"

Prompts:

Answer the question.
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/wf9T9Ea.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
strakh [gym]
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 20:37:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, how did his knowledge of fictional fae lore go—if one gave their name, then they would have control… but what if it happened in the opposite direction?

Had someone taken the Queen’s name too, and left them trapped in here?

Oh, he was sorely tempted to ask another question back; however he held his tongue, all things considered.

“…someone took your name too, am I right?” he inevitably said what was on his mind; hoping that he wasn’t going to get banished to some pocket dimension the moment those words left his lips.

‘Oh no… why did you ask that?!’

“I can’t help it! The way they worded their story, it’s just—for one to get stuck here so long, it’s inevitable—someone must’ve taken their name too and left them here!”

Or was he becoming too self-aware at this point?

Either way…

“Well. That’s half the fun of living. You don’t know what kind of hand you’re going to get dealt, all things considered. So… whatever’s waiting for me out there? I’ll face it no matter what the world throws at me. Because, isn’t going into the unknown half the adventure in the first place?”

The smallest of laughs escaped him.

“And for the record, do you want my true name, or my nickname? I do have several names…”

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights