176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2023 23:14:32 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan was no stranger to outdoor festivals. Hell, in Galar he got booked for a couple. In either case, being down where the air smelled of seasalt offered nothing but comfort to him. That, and the sand beneath their feet was warm, bone-dry. The sun hung over their heads, partly obscured by a cloud so as to not cook them all. "...Wish I was on the bill."

He said, just loud enough for someone to hear. But as of right now... What's an outdoor event with live music without being sweaty and dehydrated? He thought he was ready, having already abandoned his shirt, but keeping his beloved boots and matching jean-shorts.

His next move, of course, was to sheepishly grin and slip past people into the line for drinks. While in line, he couldn't help but notice a woman just a head shorter than him ahead of him. "You here to see anyone in particular?"

He asked, trying to speak up as a sub-bass through the speakers felt like someone pushing his chest, as if doing CPR. His voice came out low and soft, like he was pushing it through the back of his throat instead of his vocal cords.

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
there's a pretty big twist at the end. i doubt you'll like it.
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 5:21:24 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Yeah, it was hot; a high humidity hellscape, crawling-in-your-skin, these-wounds-will-not-heal levels of hot. Bodies rolled up and against one another in an undulating wave like some forgotten, pleistocene monstrosity of the deep, alive and well and feasting upon the energy of Slateport.[break][break]

Yujin had already made sure to locate the exits. More importantly, she was deciding whether she was actually going to use all those ‘trendy’ zippers on her outfit.[break][break]

A shiver in the air, the rustle of a different set of vibrations, made her turn. The dude had a sleepy, delinquent look to him. In fact, he reminded her of that punk 'boyfriend' she had several years back.[break][break]

“WHAT?” was the first thing she said, needing to lean in way close to the guy who’d asked her a question. “NO, I’M HERE BECAUSE LIFE HAS NO MEANING.”[break][break]

She grinned. She didn't look like the person for whom life held no meaning. Even more so, she'd offer him a water bottle.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2023 5:57:47 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

The people swaying looked to him like the waves of heat emanating off the sand. The fact that the two of them beat the line was astounding. The drinks line was as elbow-to-elbow as the rest of the venue. "...HUH."

He said, just to let her know he heard her. Dylan already had a shine all over his body due to sweat, but he had nothing to lose, save for his jorts and his boots. In either case, her water bottle was a breath of fresh air. He immediately downed half of it, and passed it back to her. She'd notice... he didn't have fingerprints?

Her response was more of a relief. Reveling in cooking yourself, surrounded by strangers... He may have found a kindred spirit. Dylan smirked at her. His face was youthfully smooth from a lifetime of not smiling. "YOU'RE STRONGER THAN MOST PEOPLE IF YOU CAN SAY THAT WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE. WHY DO YOU FEEL THAT WAY?"

He shouted, trying to be heard over the skittering keyboard leads, which felt like having something jammed into one ear. Dylan, frankly, looked like life had no meaning to him. Like she could shoot a man infront of him and he wouldn't bat an eye. His eyebags looked like they smiled more than him. His eyes seemed to pierce through people when he looked at them.

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 20:06:03 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

“BECAUSE I’M ALONE.”[break][break]

When he returned the bottle she’d grab his wrist in the kind of gross violation of personal space endemic to the party setting. Indeed, she’d glance at his fingertips, chin tilted up, eyes narrowed to slits. The rest of her screamed inebriated and/or high, but her blue eyes were unpromising, like the glow of an alarm clock’s digits in the hours before it meant to ring.[break][break]

And then she smiled again and let him go, gesturing as the final person in front of them vacated the line and they were greeted by the sight of cheap plastic tables and cheap plastic cups filled with a colorful array of liquids.[break][break]

“LIVING OR DYING, I GO AT IT ALONE—SO I’M FREE, RIGHT?”[break][break]

Yujin would also finish the water bottle, set it on the table, and grab another. She’d also go for a bright blue mixed drink and toast her mysterious new friend, presumably if he’d grab something too.

[break][break]

[newclass=".yujin"]--accent:#366bcb; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .yujin blockquote b { font-size:13px!important } .yujin blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".yujin .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 310px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 35px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2023 5:51:37 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Because you're alone. Riveting stuff. Dylan narrowed his eyes at her, tilting his head back a little, in the hope of exaggerating the height difference between the two of them. "...IT'S A LONELY TIME TO BE ALIVE. GET IT HOW YOU GET IT."

He said, just in time for Yujin to reach out and grab his wrist. To burst his little bubble. She saw his fingertips, and didn't say a word. In either case, he was impressed, and started to smile. Her eyes punched holes in him, in ways other people said he did. He almost thought about asking what she saw when she looked at him.

She turned him loose, just in time for the two of them to hit the front of the line. The yellow tint and paint-thinner smell brought Dylan to a vodka-energy drink mix. She then toasted him, clinking the two red plastic cups together. "THAT'S FREEDOM, IN A WAY. HAVING NOBODY TO ANSWER TO. BUT BEING BY YOURSELF CAN FEEL LIKE PRISON TOO."

He said, slowly leading with one foot, trying to stop them from holding up the line. That thought from earlier dogged him again, and he couldn't help but ask. Dylan sipped at his drink, then looked down his nose at her again. "...WHAT DID YOU SEE, WHEN YOU LOOKED AT ME LIKE THAT? FELT LIKE YOU WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING."

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2023 21:44:42 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

He wasn’t yet in his final form. [break][break]

“NO, I LIKE IT. LIFE IS ALREADY A PRISON. NO ONE GETS OUT ALIVE.”[break][break]

There was no need to stare longingly outside of a desk office, watching the world go by, hearing the email reminder for your next meeting.[break][break]

His repeated attempts to look down on her did not go unnoticed. She huffed, she puffed, she pouted, and then she stood up on her tiptoes as they shuffled away from the line. Not the most comfortable maneuver to do in beach-ready flip-flops, so she got plenty of sand between the toes.[break][break]

The question made her laugh. “DYING TO KNOW WHAT’S ON MY MIND, HUH.”[break][break]

She took a sip of her drink, and when she was done, she laughed again. “MIND IF WE SIT SOMEWHERE? I WANT TO SKETCH YOU.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 0:55:07 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Nobody gets out alive. Now she’s speaking his language. There’s real power in those words. His little smirk grew into a grin. "...I THINK ACTUAL PRISON WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE REWARDING. GETTING JACKED, SPIDERWEB TATTOO ON THE ELBOW..."

He said, laughing a little. Yujin’s puffing and pouting made him shake his head. Dylan was just needling her for fun, and figured he’d make that clear, with a little elbow-nudge to her bicep. The two walked away from the line, his hair being tousled by a slight breeze.

She was so cute when she was like this. He sipped at his drink, and it took all his self control to not chug it and cut the line to grab another. "I CAN READ YOU LIKE A BOOK, BUT IS THERE A LITTLE SUBTEXT THERE."

He said, maybe overplaying his hand. That drink was going right through him, and he just kept sipping at it. Dylan winked, and wiggled one shoulder and hip, but not before one last rude, boyish “tch…”. "BETTER GET MY GOOD SIDE."

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 0:58:06 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Yujin laughed with him. A dark and dry sense of humor was harder to find in the civilian populace.[break][break]

As they sat down, she took out a leather-bound notebook and the pencil slotted in its spine.[break][break]

"I CAN READ YOU LIKE A BOOK, BUT IS THERE A LITTLE SUBTEXT THERE."[break][break]

“I don’t know what you mean,” she murmured innocently at regular volume; the words threatening to disappear straight into the uproarious air, much like the flick, flick of her tool.[break][break]

She smiled wryly as he enunciated. This one had a lot of rough character to him, but it wasn't reflected in her work. The sketch was inelegant but clinical. It didn’t appear to be an artist's rendition. It was too accurate, too balanced, and too unconcerned with biases. His likeness could go in a catalogue, new specimen of the rave typing.[break][break]

“WHAT’S YOUR NAME, SHIRTLESS? MINE IS YUJIN.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 16:43:13 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Dylan, at her insistence, sat with her. Yujin started to sketch him, and he didn’t pry until she was done. Instead, he softened his gaze, but nonetheless looked at her like he was trying to find something in her eyes. "...I guess I am dying to know what’s on your mind."

He said, just loud enough for her to hear. His voice sounded like it slowly roared to life from the back of his throat rather than his vocal cords. Low and slightly raspy, cracking slightly due to the drink burning him, even as he kept sipping.

She smiled, and he couldn’t help but straighten out his back and look down at her a little. "My name is Dylan. And yours?"

He asked, but not before trying to circle back. To weave his earlier train of thought through that weird, cryptic question he popped a minute ago. She looked so cute when he started needling her, but he had to let his guard down a little. “I just… wanna know what you saw when you looked at me like that earlier...”

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 3:10:44 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Oh, were they trading intimate words at an intimate distance now?[break][break]

Yujin put a palm down against her seat and dragged it closer to him so that no word was missed. The screech of plastic that was meant to come instead died in the beach’s fine grains of sand.[break][break]

Now and then she’d reach back for her drink, carefully set aside from the mountain of other red cups on a nearby table. [break][break]

Dylan had a way of securing eye contact. With his wild appearance, it felt intense—even for her. Even though their knees were practically touching, she kept the sketchbook on her lap between them like a ceremonious wall.[break][break]

Her smile turned wry. “Seems like you can’t read me after all.”[break][break]

The sketch was done. It would be visible to him, but she didn’t offer it over.[break][break]

“I don't feel like saying. So? What do you do when you want something but can’t have it?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 6:08:30 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Yujin gripped the seat and drew closer. Dylan did the same, just in time for her to put the notebook down, lest they touch. He then withdrew his hand, looking down at the whitened plastic. He didn’t want to break the plastic chair, but that’s clearly not where the money went here. "I have to lean in and crane my neck to get a good look at you in the first place. Bring a step-stool next time."

He said, straightening out his back to try and emphasize the height difference between the two of them. All the while, she found a place to rest her cup? Dylan finished off his drink, and felt around the table for a drink that was left unattended. His eyes darted around, before he took it for himself, placing the cup inside his empty cup. He then sipped at it, looking back at her.

There was something so orderly, so put together about her, even as Yujin had drunkenly tagged him along for this. It’s like she picked him out of a lineup. Those electric-blue irises suited her.

Admittedly, his eyes lingered as he kept trying and failing to put two and two together. But the presence of the sketchbook seemed like an easy answer to his question. Dylan glanced down, arched a brow as if asking for permission, and picked it up to scan the page over

He said something much more in-line with her earlier attitude. To him, that meaning was the ambiguity, the fruitless search for meaning. The reason why he tried so hard to look like the monster in the corner of someone’s eye. “I just wait. It turns into a fun little surprise. And if I never find out? It’s still exciting to think about.”

And now to pick her brain about this. “What do you do when you want something, but you can’t have it?”

close tab

played by

stallas

"shylock"
she/her
june 04
hau'oli city?
heterosexual
interpol field engineer
cadet
single
39 height
39 height
awards
155 posts
Yujin Ha DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @yujin
Yujin Ha
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 21:30:01 GMT
Yujin Ha Avatar
[attr="class","yujin"]
[attr="class","top"]

Another fake huff of indignation met the height comments. Being short was an overall negative in life, but as a woman, it had some unscrupulous benefits.[break][break]

“... My. How patient you are.”[break][break]

She gave him a disbelieving look—glancing at the tips of his unruly eggplant-colored hair, his distinct shirtlessness, his fingerprint-less fingerstips, the cup he’d taken that wasn’t his, so on and so forth. The alcohol made every motion of her eyes even more exaggerated, and they lingered in all the wrong places.[break][break]

His eyes had roamed over the sketch by that point. Could he tell that she had basically pegged him for a criminal and wanted some comedic assurance so as to show the local law enforcement his likeness? After all, he was the picture of a delinquent. Wouldn't it be exciting if he was a murderer, too?[break][break]

The return question elicited a grin. She leaned forward.[break][break]

“I take it by any means necessary, of course.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
HAIL MARY, YUJIN HA
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 5:56:16 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Yujin's eyes scanned him over. Her eyes lingered every so often, prompting a chuckle out of him. "My eyes are up here." He said, pointing a thumb at his face.

If she'd looked him up, there'd be more than enough to request a search warrant, easily. His various social media feeds are littered with pictures of him posing with knives, baseball bats or box-cutters in the woods, shots of him with a bloody nose (no other signs of a fight, curiously) and advertisements for his record. A picture of him scowling accompanied several deadpan jokes about using the aforementioned bats and cutters, live burials, and at the end attempts to walk it back and look sensitive.

"Patient is why I'm here, and not on that stage. Must've ignored my email." He said, sounding defeated. Dylan glanced down at her sketchbook again. Was she... No. There's no way. In either case, he slicked his hair back and kept sipping at his drink.

She leaned in and smiled, prompting the same from him. “What do you want, really.” Seemed like he put two and two together. Like he'd figured it out. But he was just batting the question back at her lazily. Meanwhile, Dylan glanced aside. She could see the gears turning in his head. All the while, he was imagining a cigarette right now. His head was almost empty.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights