slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2019 23:04:38 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
An official recount of events that had taken place only hours ago had forced the councilman to actually think.

Normally he would do things in the moment, taking them as they had come and not think on them otherwise; but with how surreal everything had been, even with everything he had gone through prior, he couldn’t help but dwell on the thoughts that came with the resurfaced memories.

Choosing to isolate himself as he wrote up his recounts was only a bad idea when he was left alone with his thoughts, forced to scratch at scabs; blood once clotted resurfacing once more and taunting him to itch.

Once the report was forwarded to his secretary, he’d sit quietly, contemplating to himself and letting more and more bubbles of thought pop into his mind, neurotic ticks causing unease and jitters. He needed to do something, talk to someone and the only one who he could really talk to wasn’t a person as close to him as , but an individual he would only contact as a very last choice, .

Meet me at the bar Kaleidoskull in Lilycove at 11pm.

-Kim

A message sent to his private number, gained through the grapevine or otherwise.

Once he had arrived, the councilman sat in the empty bar, a collection of peanut shells accumulating in a disposable bowl to the side of himself and a glass of water sat before him.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 21:09:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
a personal message without any memes or explicit pictures of someone's dick is uncharacteristic of . by now, fernando's unfazed by the sight of another man's phallus, attributing it to one of kim's favorite memes: tyrano dick. the lack of personality behind the message is one of the few reasons that fernando entertains the request. kim's timing is impeccable. despite being on two very different sides of the spectrum, one, a man who's ambition encompasses his entirety, and the other a loose canon flowing through events as they unfold, they fit nicely. the string of hoenn's mishaps draw them together, stringing them along as they survive the supernatural events thrust upon them.

fernando enters the bar with a set of expecting but cautious eyes. the bouncer recognizes him by face and allows the councilman entry, after checking his identification, of course. fernando isn't one to publicly skirt around rules but the invisible pokemon that follow after him aren't lavished proudly. he keeps them around whenever he drinks, self aware of his own issues and the bad habit that may one day spell his undoing.

"cole."

fernando flanks him on the left, taking his own seat as he stares ahead, straight into one of the televisions behind the barkeep with tonight's news.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 17:52:21 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He’d hum in acknowledgement of the man, tracing the rim of his glass after taking one final sip of the clear liquid contained within, a swift tap on the bar getting the bartenders attention.

A Gold Rush for me.

The bartender would wait in silence, eyes looking towards Fernando for his order- if he had one that is- before mixing in front of the two men.

Kim begun tapping quietly at the bar before speaking up, trying to find the right words before saying them.

This bar is weird right? It’s not old fashioned but it hasn’t exactly transition into the new age just yet. I guess with a name like Kaleidoskull you can’t help but be-

He snaps, a glass placed before him with his drink held within. It wasn’t the prettiest, but its taste would not differ with presentation, the slightly off display almost adding poignancy to its effects.

-what was the word? You know, to describe something special or someone special?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 18:20:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i'll have the same. thanks."

he's unfamiliar with the drink but if it's good enough for cole then it's good enough for silph.

"peculiar?"

fernando has no idea where kim's leading with this but the fact that he hasn't opened with something to derail the mood is sufficient enough. passively, fernando eyes his own drink, noting the lack of presentation but finding the lack of delicacy comforting. no matter how flourished it may appear, the only thing that matters is the taste and content. pragmatism at its finest.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 18:42:33 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
No..” He’d take a sip of the drink. “No that’s not it.

A sigh escaped, free hand rubbing his chin as he idly thought, brushing the topic away before long.

Doesn’t matter, I didn’t call you here to jog my memory anyways.

Setting both hands onto the bar, nerves would force him to tap briefly on the surface, amber eyes looking to his fingers before turning to Fernando.

How do you usually go about handling what these… events… offer you?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 19:04:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
and that's when they get to the meat of their meeting. fernando takes a taste of his cocktail before settling it back down. it's not the taste he's used to but it prove adequate, surprisingly sweet with a flavor that betrays the expected bitterness that comes from most of fernando's drinks. it's almost fitting how their choice in drink paralleled their perceived outlook on life. the only exception is that here, solemn in the comfort of alcohol, bravado is lost between purposeful silence.

"i don't. i drink. i plan. i prepare."

fernando scowls, eyes intent on burying themselves in whatever irrelevant story the television plays out.

"the dessert ruins worried me. i wrote it off as a one off and considered it lucky we found it in an isolated temple instead of in the middle of a city."

he sighs, turning to face kim, a pained expression of concern strewn across a stiff face that hides the burdens of a region behind a steeled exterior.

"and now we have the navel tower, another super natural event that's occurred too close to the previous one for me to simply write off. that's not even considering the winter ball and articuno, wherever it may be."

that's the only event he's been able to control, having a personal hand in the avatar and its fate. the legends may be immortal but the mortals behind them rarely are. that's the only constant, the only thing that keeps him sane.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 14:28:04 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
So you’re telling me that you just overthink enough to the point where whatever unfolds you’ll be ready to handle it?

He takes a sip of his drink, lips curling upwards as they took to the glass, a chuckle escaping after a hard swallow.

You’re like an alcohol powered robot.

Though stifled, his chuckles would remain, eyes staying on Fernando, quietly assessing the man.

He was so stiff, that same stoic scowl that he always wore on his face, pertinent to any situation Kim had found the man in.

Though he could not fault him for worrying as he did. Not only was it their jobs to do so, but he had already lost a region he called home. Losing another to natural means or otherwise would be another spit in the face when precautions can be taken to stop them.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 7:27:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"that's what i used to do, kim."

there's a faint semblance of weakness in that statement. the navel tower raid is still fresh in his mind and the uncanny ho-oh is a blight he cannot forget.

"now it's not enough."

weakness is momentary and fernando steels himself with a curled up fist.

"i miss the days when the worst thing we had to fear were humans. some regular, normal pokemon and their trainers."

he turns away again and returns his attention to the television.

"i'm going to end rocket. the minute i see the chance, i'm going to end it all or die trying. i can't keep this up for much longer."

it's not a light promise nor one he will fail to keep. he only makes the claim because he's already assured he can carry out exactly what he said he would. between the jirachi tag held in his custody and the under bosses secretly conspiring against rocket itself, there's little worry fernando has to have about failing. it's the other things that scare him.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 19:51:23 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
What a bold statement.

A finger once more traced the rim of his glass, eyes wandering to the television for a second, eyeing the contents displayed with little surprise. What was shown was what he had already seen, already experienced, already known. To see it again would only prove to oversaturate the knowledge he already held.

What makes you so sure you can do anything when the events up until now are left up to chance?

He turns back, looking to Fernando for a moment before returning his gaze to the screen.

What I mean is. You can’t be certain that even with your planning, even with your conniving, evening with your brain, as massive and wrinkled as it may be, that things will go how you see them. You aren’t a god who can bend reality as you please and the events that have already unfolded were unpredicted by you as well as myself.

Regirock, Articuno, Navel tower, hell with the knowledge of Rocket being in Hoenn, the league was caught with their pants down with Slateport, no idea what was even happening until hell had broken loose.

Why are you so sure that what you think will happen will happen?

Tapping the glass creates a mild ring, ice settling in the cup in unison with the unfamiliar rhythm.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 2:30:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"because i have to."

what footage of mossdeep that have plays on the television and fernando's enraptured by. watching get knocked on her ass on repeat is one of the few headlines they have. seeing someone of cooper's caliber struggling for her life is something that spells a disaster for them all.

"no more that's not nice. no more you're too extreme. no more you can only have three pokemon on you at a time because that's a bad look, kim."

fernando watches bailey run away from the camera for one last time before the street camera turns to static.

"if— when i see the chance, i will end it all. it's success or fail. and i won't let up until i literally die. that's my ultimatum."

he pauses.

"it'll happen because i'll make it happen."

this time he takes a gulp instead of a taste.

"and if i don't—well, that's why we have you and . she may be a crazy dragon lady but you'll be fine.  's back too."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 21:21:12 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He peers at Fernando from the corner of his eyes, head moving only slightly to get him into view. The man was obviously venting about something Kim himself had found very very infinitesimal. But he was not about to downplay him in the middle of his speech.

No, he’d wait until he was finished.

He would listen, quietly observing the man, his face placid as Fernando furthered on, a witness to the man and his ludicrous statements.

Once he had finished talking, Kim sat one hand on top of the other, a chuckle escaping as he shook his head, averting his eyes briefly before once more eyeing the man left of him.

Have you ever watched anime?

Not one in particular but just anime.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 8:26:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando turns to kim with a look that's more annoyed than anything else. if he's going about this with another stupid ramble than he's out. as if to mentally prepare himself, fernando takes his cocktail and finishes the rest of it before sliding the empty glass forward. "another," he asks plainly before taking the time to consider his answer. unfortunately, he can't come up with anything too witty in such a short amount of time.

"yes, kim, i have seen anime before."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 22:47:39 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Good, then you already know that in just about every one that there’s a main character, right?

He pauses, briefly eyeing the Silph as if expecting a conformation before continuing, whether he had given one or otherwise.

These extravagant bitches are always the star and always need to be the center of attention, stopping at nothing until they’re more powerful than their opponents or up a higher echelon than them. It’s always, “i fight for my friends” this or “i’m going to kick your ass that” maybe they even give an emotional speech here or there when they think the cards are down and get a boost in power because of it.

He taps his glass, chuckling at the thought before resuming.

Fernando, you are not the main character of an anime. You might think because of everything you’ve gone through and everything you aspire to be makes you one, but in the end, you cannot, and I will not allow you, to live in a world where what you say goes because you think that’s how it should be. Nor will I let you die for your self-absorbed ideals because you’re two wrapped up in them to let them stay ideals.

The man was more narcissistic than Kim if he decided that his life was of equal importance to an entire region, more willing to die with his pride than to come to a sane conclusion with his peers where his death is not a necessity.

He finished his drink, as watered down as it maybe be, and asked for another, the bartender preparing a refill for the both of them and distributing them swiftly.

We’re in our seats to solve problems, and you dying would only make more for me, , and , so try to keep yourself alive as long as you can, okay?

There isn’t much of the old guard left after all.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 17:57:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] whoa. not only does the analogy make sense but even fernando can see the connection between the two points. it makes sense. kim cole makes sense and that in itself is absolute absurdity. there's a first time for everything and fernando breaks out howling.

"at this rate, you're going to kill me long before anything else."

the laughter lasts for a moment before fernando settles down. everything is fun and jokes until it's time for an answer. a real answer.

"if the world shaped itself based off what i said it should be, we'd be in a better place. no spontaneous legends killing people left and right, no team rocket to set slateport on fire, and more importantly, there wouldn't be a need for us."

fernando reaches for the second round of gold rush and stops short of guzzling it down. he holds it in front of him, reflecting.

"when i said that, i didn't mean i intend to lose. people of power are recorded in history because they are the ones who make things happen, for better or worse. have some trust, partner."

his sarcasm is as subtle as his features, sharp and poignant.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
epoch elliptic
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 20:58:22 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A brow lifts as he brings the drink to his lips, long sips taken while he let his opposition get his words out, clear and concise.

He hums, swallowing the gulp held in his mouth before speaking.

I think you know just was well as me how hard it is to trust you.

But at this point, it’s either allow you to make decisions on your own and hope you make the correct ones, or monitor you 24/7. I’m thinking of going for the latter, honestly.

He held a smile but his words carried a truth with them, his eyes peering at Fernando from the side.

Just keep us in mind before you make any hasty decisions. Being in the know makes it so at least I can provide some sort of assistance.

Though if it was another situation where he felt the needed to show dominance a hard pass would once again be thrown his way- as it was the first time around.