she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
Turnip the Beet! Dewford Gym Battle! [GYM]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 10:30:18 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Another day, another test placing itself before the girl. This time, Vanilla entered inside of the Dewford Gym and walked towards the registration desk. Unlike the previous gym outing, she was feeling a bit more confident in this arena than the Mauvile Gym. On one hand, she wouldn't be soaring above the skies like she still hadn't gotten over, even after getting de-aged about 20 years so. Comparatively, just a traditional 2v2 was going to be a nice and somewhat normal battle between her and the gym leader here, Navy. Proxii, her Rotomphon and living RotomDex, would hover behind her as she'd check in at the front desk.

"Vanilla Kingsley, checking in for an appointment this afternoon." She received a look from the person manning the front desk as she'd grimace. "Yes, that's my actual name. I don't have enough time to explain."

Soon enough, the two were seated in the waiting area and instructed to wiat until brought out to the pitch where the battle could actually begin. The girl leaned back in her seat and waited, spending the time by grabbing her phone and scrolling past a few new headlines on the social media feeds.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 11:12:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Vanilla is the only guest waiting in the lobby. The receptionist, a local lady cresting the hill between middle and old age, smiles at the girl. Her name is odd, but she’s used to odd names at this point. Eccentric characters with names like , , and have challenged this gym. By now, she wouldn’t be surprised if someone named Lovelove challenged the gym.[break][break]
Eventually, the door behind the receptionist opens. Out runs a challenger, who doesn’t turn, look back, or do anything else except march out the door. The kid isn’t much older than Vanilla herself. Navy shakes his head.[break][break]
Kids these days.” He turns his attention to Vanilla. He regards her with a warm smile. At once, he recognizes her.[break][break]
You should stay off dating apps, young lady.” The consummate catcher in the rye teases the girl, waving her into the room with him. Beyond is a rectangular room. Four stainless steel walls rest around a battle pitch. Each side is adorned with a raised observation platform where they can observe the battle, talk, and be comfortable.[break][break]
If you don’t mind indulging me for a little bit before our battle, I’ve got a question for ya: why do you wanna be a trainer? Also, no pictures or recordings, if you don’t mind.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 21:53:41 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla perked her head up at the sound of the door opening. Out stepped a kid her age, just stomping towards the exit without even saying anything. No celebration, no cursing, nothing. It didn't seem to bode well for her, as the teen gave a worried expression. Proxii flickered over towards her, his wings flickering back and forth to give the illusion of flight. "Maybe he was just in a hurry somewhere?" Before Vanilla could reply, the gym leader himself would step out from the door. The Sheriff of Dewford and all around cool guy among the gym leaders, Navy! Her eyes lit up with excitement and her demeanor changed. "It's you! Wow, this is such a huge honor!" She nerded out as he'd get that look in his eyes and speak again.

He knew what Vanilla had posted online.

Her cheeks immediately flushed as she pouted at Navy, as if she had been through this little event time and time again. "I didn't know it was a dating app! It said that you could look for friends and likeminded people! How was I supposed to know a bunch of adults are using it for love?!" She fussed more and more as the two would quickly make their way into the room alongside him. The three gather into the room as the girl took the sights of the room. It wasn't as attractive or extravagant as some of them were. Kind of mundane and more fit for usage rather than aesthetic. "Huh, pretty cool battling arena here. It kind of looks like that cake you made last week." he snickered to Vanilla.

A thwap came from the teen's hand to her phone. "Only because somebody was too busy trying to look up information on a Drapion rather than keep track of the time." They bickered back and forth until Navy would speak up again, to which Vanilla would have an answer to his question. Nothing that she hadn't answered before.

"I tried being a baker since my entire family works as them across Galar. It, uh, didn't work out. But I do love Pokemon battling, even if I'm bad at it. And I'm looking for somebody that went missing. If I can get my name out in the world, I'm sure he'll find out and get back in contact with me."

Proxii had flicked open his camera feature before he mentioned the rules against cameras in the gym. He frowned, begrudgingly flicking his camera back up.

"Do people come in wanting to be trainers for the wrong reasons? Is that why you asked me about it?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2023 23:23:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There’s a piece of jewelry dangling around the girl’s neck. It’s a pretty little thing, meant to adorn some girl’s ear. She wears it like a keepsake, like it’s the most important thing in all the world.[break][break]
The League is cruel. It does not know the danger it sends its trainers off to, but it knows that they will face peril. These are the times that try men’s souls. Navy’s hand balls into a fist.[break][break]
Closing his eyes, he opens them again and he is in another lifetime. This girl is before him, a girl no longer. She’s a woman grown, in love with someone. It’s written in her eyes. It’s sang in her smile. Love is a beautiful thing, and it plants itself in soil without the tiller’s consent.[break][break]
That earring represents the great evil of the League. Dahlia Goode did not know she was robbing this girl of her first love when she sent her off to the Ancient Tomb with the other volunteers, if she even volunteered at all. How could she? Yet still, allowing a child onto that battlefield is an act of high evil.[break][break]
If that’s why you’re battling…” He looks to a carved figurine of Zacian, made for him by a daughter that understood him and hated him for that understanding, “…hire a private detective. I know a few. You’ll be happier for it.”[break][break]
It’s a cruel thing to say to a girl her age. If it makes her hate him, so be it. Better her eyes look at him with hatred or hurt than behold , , or before beholding nothing at all ever again.[break][break]
If you wanna be a trainer here, you’re gonna get hurt. Again and again and again. This region’s a war zone. Rocket wants to take over. They don’t care who gets in their way. There…”[break][break]
He doesn’t usually tell this part, but he feels now that he must.[break][break]
I had a brother. Just a few years older than you. When Rocket took over Sootopolis, he was one of the League volunteers. He had that look in his eyes you do. That same smile. And he died.”[break][break]
Listen up, Vanilla. Being a trainer in Hoenn is to flirt with death. It’s not some romantic fight where your opponent fights fair! You’ve got people who love you. People who’d miss you. To be a trainer, you gotta fight knowing you might never see them again. So…”[break][break]
He holds up one pokeball, looking her right in the eyes from across the pitch.[break][break]
Challenger Vanilla Kingsley, do you wanna do this?

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 0:11:50 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The statement made to her isn't one that's new. Vanilla had heard it time and time again when answering why she wanted to be a trainer in the first place. Her face does show some hurt, though it's comprised mainly of indignation and stubbornness. "I've tried. Private eyes, detectives, even the Rangers he used to work for." she said in a somewhat begrudging tone. "Nobody has found anything, even when I came over here about a year ago. I've went into Ultra Space, went into some dangerous ass tomb, even spent 20 years of my life as...I don't even know!" Her eyes set on his, brimming with many things Navy could make it. Determination? Stubbornness? Motivation? Anger? There's a lot of pieces to the puzzle that this girl was.

"I don't care how dangerous it is or what I have to pay. I'm going to find my father. Either as Pokémon Master or a Pokémon Trainer."

It didn't really register to her that she had let that detail slip out, something had wanted people not to notice out of personal shame and such. Out of her entire family, she was the only one to not know anything about him first hand. Only accounts of what he was like. Navy would even offer up that he had a younger sibling around her age when he had passed after the events of Sootopolis. Her stern nature was interrupted by the immediate news of his death after the raid. But even when directly challenged, Vanilla would look to Proxii for a moment before taking out a Pokeball of her own, pointing it at Navy from across the way as the girl gave a nod.

"Let's do this!"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 0:36:47 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Mmm…” He acknowledges her resolve with a solemn nod. There is no more attempt to persuade her from her path. If she would walk it, knowing the risks, than she must face the consequences. Walking into an uncertain battle with your head held high is the mark of a warrior. With a push of a button, the pitch jolts. It’s a massive elevator, taking them down to the real war.[break][break]
Let’s have a better venue then, huh? It’s my job to make sure you’re strong enough to find your dad.” What happens in the gym stays in the gym. Her secret is safe with him – he’ll even cut that bit out of the tapes. What the League doesn’t know won’t hurt them. It’s a minor hiccup, really.[break][break]
Still, he wastes no time. Two Pokemon appear from their balls. They couldn’t be more different. Thin Lizzy and Fenrir stare out across the battlefield. Lizzy takes this opportunity to shift gear. Smoke vents from the dragon’s mouth. Even a normal dragon is still, at the end of the day, a dragon.[break][break]
Fenrir, brave wolf, spreads stealth rocks across the field. They float, eventually blending into the terrain on her side of the field. It’s not fair. Standard League regulations give the first blow of the match to the challenger.[break][break]
When you throw out your Pokemon…it’s gonna hurt. You ready for that?” He asks the grim question while his team paces about, sizing Vanilla up.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2023 1:33:58 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The elevator begins to go down as the entire party are brought lower and lower into the arena that will house this little gym battle. His two Pokemon are brought out and raring to go. Vanilla peeked over to catch a Rockruff and...what even was that one? Her brows furrowed, having to guess it was some kind of Dragon type. She's about to call out her Pokemon when Ferir would use Stealth Rock and cover the landscape in entry hazards.

"Hey!" Vanilla said, frowning. "What gives? The Gym Challenge rules state that the challenger has the first turn." Regardless, Navy would make his challenge known and the two were faced with the realization that this wasn't going to be a fair fight. She'd huff and throw out her team onto the field. With a suddenly toss, Cauli and Cayenne were brought onto the field, though not without taking damage.

Cauli would puff up her plumage, using COTTON GUARD to ready herself for the battle ahead. Her cloud-like feathers would only grow in size as she fluttered about. Meanwhile, Cayenne would huff out a pillar of smoke as the bird made of flames chirped about on her snout. She'd focus on Fenrir, the culprit behind the Stealth Rock, and retaliate with an EARTH POWER aimed at the Lycanrok.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 11:46:58 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Do you think Rocket cares, kid?” His voice is heavy, looking across the battlefield at someone with their whole lives in front of them. “Being a Pokemon Master here’s not just about fighting in an arena. It’s about thinking quick. Reacting. Adapting. Overcoming.”[break][break]
Don’t give up.[break][break]
He doesn’t speak the words out loud, but they’re blasted in his thoughts. Cascading through his mind, again and again. A prayer for her, a mantra for himself.[break][break]
Never give up.[break][break]
Not when the chips are down. Not when it matters.[break][break]
Keep up the pressure, Lizzy.” Thin Lizzy knows what this means. Falling onto her wheels, she burns rubber and launches like a comet out at Cauli. Her quick attack slams into the Altaria before the cotton guard can go into effect. At least Lizzy gets one hit in before phase 2 of the battle.[break][break]
Fenrir is nowhere near as fast. Leaping after the faster dragon, a stone edge forms around his claws, raking across Cauli’s fluffy body. So focused on offense is he that he doesn’t notice what’s coming before it’s too late. Cayenne’s earth power knocks the Lycanroc into next weak, although he’s far from out of this fight.[break][break]
Keep up the pressure.” Navy says, although whether he’s speaking to his challenger or his Pokemon is unclear.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 3:54:07 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
He had a point. Vanilla frowned, pouted even. She didn't want to admit that to him but it was something that she had only heard of. Navy could tell based on her expression that it pestered her. That glimmer of rebellion that all teenagers gave when a lesson was being imparted in the most in your face and rather blunt way. "Yeah, well...Fine." She puffed her cheek out as the dragon-like Pokemon would prove itself to be fast. Faster than both of her Pokémon out on the field. Shit, how was she supposed to think of an answer for this? This played out a lot differently than it had in her mind. "Cauli, you okay?" The Altaria, though scratched a bit, would let out a strong chirp of retaliation, ruffling its quill.

"Lizzy's gunna be a problem." Vanilla said to herself, trying to think of a plan on the fly here. "Gotta think, Gotta think, what's the plan here..." She tapped for foot, gritting her teeth together with her brows furrowed. "Let's get that Lycanroc out of the way first. then we can deal with the speedster."

The Altaria would flutter its wings onced and then rear its head back before unleashing a ray of dazzling colors at the Lycanroc, using MOONBLAST at the pup. In tandem with this, Skeledirge opened its mouth as a dark lavender sphere would gather, charging inside of its toothy maw before launching its SHADOW BALL directly towards the Lycanroc.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 9:39:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Once upon a time, he was in a hopeless position. His back was to the wall. He understood at last what his brother had gone through. Two Rockets taught him a valuable lesson. One day, he’ll thank Tempest and Cillian Quinn. Today, he has a battle to focus on.[break][break]
She’s smart, wanting to focus down the easier opponent. Good instincts, just like he thought. Keeping cool, coming up with a strategy, adapting and sticking to it, they’re all hallmarks of an excellent trainer. In a few years, this girl might even be an Elite 4.[break][break]
No.[break][break]
She has her sights set higher.[break][break]
You’re good at this, Kingsley. I’m not gonna say you’re not.” He throws out a third pokeball. Their match said only two, but here a third Pokemon has entered the fray. Shuckle appears in a dramatic blast of red light, standing in front of Fenrir. The attacks that were meant to take the wolf out of the fight instead blast into Shuckle, who is much better equipped to deal with the blows. Whimpering, the rock bug falls back before jumping onto the offensive.[break][break]
He latches onto the nearest foe: Cauli. He wraps around her, trying to restrain her and make it harder for the other Pokemon to hit him.[break][break]
Lizzy rushes in, sending out a dragon pulse ahead of her aimed squarely at the Altaria. Fenrir, too, attacks. It’s another stone edge, trying to pierce through the clouds.[break][break]
The assault is vicious and unrelenting.[break][break]
But you’ve gotta prove to me you’re tough enough for Hoenn!

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 3:09:34 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla grimaced as the sudden appearance of the Shuckle would throw a wrench into everything. Vanilla gripped the railing a little harder as she'd shuffle around. Their attacks had hit the third Pokémon entered into the ring and would quickly wrap around Cauli. The Altaria struggled against its binding as the other two would continue to nail it with attack after attack. It pained the girl to see her Pokémon in such a state, still not used to having them see the brunt of battle. "So you're just gunna cheat this entire match and I have to play by the rules?!" she snapped at Navy with a huff.

"Not good, definitely not good." Vanilla thought to herself, frowning as she tried to wrack her head against what she could do against this road bump in the match. They were singling her main fighter out and she couldn't take hit after hit forever. "Shit, what am I gunna do?" The teen was hesitating on making a move, the stress as clear as day on her face. A hand fell on the jewel around her neck as she'd let out a soft whine, her head banging as she'd pace in place. "God damn it, Vivian, why can't you be here to give me some advice when I need it? You always know what to do. I'm just some nobody trying to make things work. You'd be as analytical and just give me a solution in no time..." Her thumb traced the edge of the earring base while looking down as the familiar sheen of her bracelet would come from her jacket arm sleeve.

"Ah-I forgot, the Altarianite! It's probably the worst time, but I need to get Cauli out of harm's way."

Skeledirge would see its ally entangled by the Shuckle and offer some aid towards it. Now that it could use its primary element, it would sound off with a sing songy cry, the firey croc's billowing more flames out of both nostrils. She sapped the heat in the air as her mouth glowed a steady orange color. But before she could unleash it, Vanilla rushed to the edge, nearly falling off. "Cayenne, no!" It froze in place, looking towards her trainer as the teen would point at the shuckle. "Bite down on the limb holding the wing down!" The Skeledirge would remained confuse but act on the command. It would rush Cauli and the Shuckle, grabbing one of its limbs with her mouth and trying to pull it away enough that the bird could get a wing free.

Vanilla then raised her arm and would pull down her right sleeve, exposing the Mega Stone as it began to glow. "Hang in there, Cauli! Let's show 'em what we're made of!".

The Altaria's form began to glow, its cloud plume engulfing more of its body as it grew wider and wider, enough to push the Shuckle off of itself enough to use one wing and let out a pained but defiant caw. The Mega Altaria would lift off from the ground an inch her so, using its one and a half wings to beat together as it push the air to gather. The winds' power picked up as the Altaria would use HURRICANE on the inside of the arena. Powerful gusts of wind twirled around the area they had been inside of, as Vanilla had to steady herself from the sheer force of the attack as a result of the Mega Power that Cauli had.

Mega Altaria Duration: 1 // 3 Posts

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 4:13:42 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

When did I say you have to follow the rules, Kingsley?” Navy asks her a subtle question, hoping it points her on the right track. “In a real battle, there aren’t rules.” And with all the subtlety of a hammer, he spells it out for her. Smashes her over the head with the message, practically.[break][break]
At least her Pokemon are keeping up. He takes solace in their training. She will be great one day.[break][break]
No. She’s already great. It’s just like in the movies. A young trainer taking on the world with nothing but six friends at her side. Red and Blue, played out before him. He plays the role of a villain in this girl’s story. A wall she most overcome. A trial for the hero.[break][break]
So be it. He knew what he was signing up for when he started this gym. Let him be her stepping stone. Let it be him that prepares her for the likes of Matias Silph, Callan Young, Cillian Quinn, and all the other elites that rest at the top of this mountain. To live in Hoenn is to go through hell, no matter what side you fight for.[break][break]
Shuckle cries out, letting go out of reflex. The pain of the bite hits one of his vulnerable limbs, making him withdraw into his shell. He cries out from inside the shell. From there, he is quite capable of weathering the impending storm.[break][break]
The other two are forced to employ a clever strategy.[break][break]
Lizzy. Fenrir. Teamfight Tactics.”[break][break]
He loves his battle code. Fenrir charges in when the hurricane whips up. They’re caught in the storm, they weather it as best they can. This is not Navy’s first rodeo dealing with this, thanks to ’s gym battle.[break][break]
Lizzy uses shed tail after cutting in front of Fenrir. With a decisive slice of her own hand, she chops off the limb and retreats back towards Navy. She disappears, leaving behind a wriggling limb. It provides Fenrir a barrier against the storm. Rocks are flying in the wind. The stealth rocks have been displaced.[break][break]
Even with the protection, Fenrir still suffers terribly. The Lycanroc stumbles about, clearly on his last legs. He throws out a rock tomb, trying to bury the eye of the hurricane.[break][break]
As Lizzy retreats into her ball, another Pokemon jumps out. Genbu jumps right into the hurricane with reckless abandon. Caught in the flow, he looks to Cayenne and shoots out a blast of water onto the fire croc.[break][break]
Hydro Pump, Genbu!

[break][break]

+ [break]
Shuckle is knocked off, withdraws into his shell and rests.[break]
Cyclizar uses shed tail and withdraws.[break]
Lycanroc uses rock tomb on Altaria.[break]
Wartortle uses hydro pump on Skeledirge.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 10:09:05 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The realization hit her like a brick. Vanilla was allowed to just start throwing out Pokémon like nobody's business? Why didn't she do that from before? A hand went for the Pokeball on her belt, holding it in her hand and narrowing her eyes at Navy. Cauli's Hurricane had done something, at the bare minimum, throwing off the entry hazard that littered Vanilla's side of the field. The other three Pokémon had been damaged by it as well, although the faster opponent had made a sacrifice to protect the Lycanroc and left. Even the Shuckle had to retreat from this.

"That's one threat off the field, maybe now I can make some lead way in this fight." she thought to herself. Cauli had taken the brunt of the stone tomb and just as damaged as the other two from the rest of her enemies' attacks. She was faltered fast, but Vanilla would pray that she could hold out until the Mega Energy was finished.

It came to be her turn as she glanced at the field around her. Cayenne would be pushed back, grunting as she had been fully blasted with a Hydro Pump. SHe'd huff in retaliation, tail swinging left and right. Although Vanilla would try and ponder what the play would be here. "Cayenne's not exactly on good ground. But I think I know just who can help." She let out a whistle as the fire croc would back away towards her. The trainer called her back into the ball before then being helped by Proxii, who latched it back onto her belt and replaced it with a new one.

"Just hold on a while longer, Cauli! I know you can do it!" she called out, then taking a Pokeball in each hand. She'd throw out two newcomers to the gym challenge. The first was a Bisharp, who'd keep its eyes centered on the two rock types across from it. The second, a Sylveon as it would face off against the Wartortle with a playful movement, waggling her ribbons at the. She thought back to that team attack that Navy's two Pokemon had managed against the Hurricane. While she didn't have anything like that pre-planned out, Vanilla set her sights on the Shuckle from earlier taking refuge in its shell. She did want to keep it inside for a little longer as a brief idea appeared in her mind.

The Altaria, wounded, would raise a little higher up, letting a shrill cry out before sending out a wide blast of energy, using DRAGON PULSE. Using this opportunity while the the Shuckle took refuge, the Bisharp took off in a dead sprint towards the rock-bug type as his horn began to glow while aiming to thrust his head and carve the Shuckle into two with IRON HEAD! The Sylveon, meanwhile, would chirp at the Wartortle as it would offer a pleasing and cute wink, using CHARM to make its opponent hampered by the fairy type's cuteness!

Mega Altaria Duration: 2 // 3 Posts

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2023 10:44:57 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There we go! That’s what I’m talkin’ about!” Navy grins at the girl. She’s catching on. She’s learning. She’s thrown out another Pokemon. She’s taking advantage of her strengths, pressing the initiative.[break][break]
All three of Navy’s Pokemon are sent recoiling by the power of the Altaria’s dragon pulse. It’s overwhelming. She’s playing to all her strengths. Not only is the Pokemon mega evolved, but they’re surrounded on all sides. If there’s any time for the cannons to be firing on full tilt, it’s now. Navy cheers her on, gripping his fist tight and watching on the edge of his seat.[break][break]
Onu, you’ve got a guy headin’ your way. How ‘bout you soften him up.”[break][break]
Shuckle giggles. His eyes glow as the Bisharp charges him. He finds his own strength increases while the Bisharp’s strength is sapped. Power Split is a hell of a thing. He takes the blow afterwards. He’s sent back. Between the two blows, Shuckle isn’t looking so hot.[break][break]
Fenrir, meanwhile, is knocked out completely. The dragon pulse was enough to put him down for the count. Navy withdraws him and sends out Thin Lizzy in his place. She’s rushing onto the battlefield, quick as can be. She zooms right for Sylveon. While the Eeveelution tries to charm Genbu, who seems absolutely smitten, Lizzy charges into her with a quick attack.[break][break]
Keep your head in the game, Genbu.” Genbu blushes, lowering his head. His eyes flit between the three targets.[break][break]
Someone’s about to get it.

[break][break]

+ [break]
Shuckle uses power split on Bisharp and is subsequently hit.[break]
Everyone is hit by Dragon Pulse.[break]
Lycanroc faints.[break]
Cyclizar is back and uses quick attack on Sylveon.[break]
Wartortle lowers his head.

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 7:21:54 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla nodded at Navy, giving a smirk of her own. She was holding her own against the man, no matter how much the cards were stacked against her. But she wasn't out of the woods just yet. There was still some work to be done.

The Altaria was still tuckered after being the receiving end of many attacks, and looked worse for wear. Vanilla wasn't going to push her too far. But as their greatest foe would head back onto the field, Vanilla would once again be faced with what to do. "Cauli's losing her Mega energy soon. I doubt she'd have enough for another minute, but I've still got one last thing before I can recall her." She'd glance between the others, looking at the other three.

The Sylveon had taken the Quick Attack fairly well, a bit dinged up and pushed back from the attack. She growled, ruffling her ribbons in a way at the Cyclizar though still playful, in an aggressive sort of way. Genbu seemed to be a tad flustered from the charm and Vanilla couldn't help at how bashful he had been. Poor Wartortle. Meanwhile, the Bisharp would frown at the defiance by the Shuckle, remaining fairly silent while observing the Shuckle. Even with its previous move, it would no doubt make short work of this opponent.

Vanilla watched the battle unfold as an idea came into her head. It was risky, but it could also stall Lizzy enough so that her Pokemon could have a better chance at dealing with the other two.

"Cutlery! Ribbon! Swap opponents!"

Both looked shocked at the call, but would oblige with the command. Ribbon bound forward towards the Shuckle just as the Bisharp passed it on its way to deal with the speedster. Once happily at the Shuckle, the Sylveon would use SKILL SWAP. A small orb of light would shoot from the Sylveon into Shuckle, who would then have an orb of its own go into Sylveon as the two had exchanged Abilities. Now feeling a bit more defensive, the Sylveon would wagging its Ribbons to the Shuckle, almost asking if it wanted to play.

Meanwhile, her Altaria would remain upright, taking aim at the Cyclizar while the Wartortle was too smitten to attack for a brief period. Seeing its chance, it would rear its head and unleashing another shower of energy from its mouth, casting MOONBLAST against the dragon type. Once that was done, it would changed back into its standard Altaria form.

The Bisharp hurried towards the Cylizar just after the Altaria had attacked it. Aiming to catch it off guard, the Bisharp would surge forward and aim to attack its side with a NIGHT SLASH. Regardless if it hit or not, the Bisharp's eyes would reflect light, its hands making a taunting motion for the dragon type to attack.

Mega Altaria Duration: 3 // 3 Posts