176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
spirits in the house [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2023 7:52:53 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

People cry out for help all the time. But this wanted ad in the paper seemed right up his alley. A... haunted house that needed to be investigated. The only part of it that broke his heart was not getting the chance to move in.

Dylan walked up the lawn, whose grass seemed to grow more dead as he drew closer. He wore an all white denim ensemble, and the wind tousled his hair.

To his side was a young man whom he hadn't seen before. In either case, while his snotty, boyish face didn't show it; Nagi had to be brave to even want to try it.

He glanced aside at him, standing on the steps. Dylan turned to face him, as he slowly backed up towards the door. "...What do you think we're in for?" Before he even laid a finger on it, that burgundy, wooden door slowly creaked open behind him.

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
spirits in the house [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 15:27:45 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","unagi"]
[attr="class","unagiw"]
the man in front of him looks like a haunting given sinew and flesh. a gaunt phantom all in white, framed by the sagging wooden arch of the doorway, porous with rot. [break][break]

one hand around a notepad, another around a pencil — both shoved knuckle-deep into the pockets of his jeans to stave off the cold creeping from beyond the open doorway — nagi peers past dylan (half-expecting to be able to peer through him) into the house. [break][break]

“a haunter,” he guesses, wood creaking underfoot as he ascends the steps. “two haunters. a haunter-ing.”[break][break]

a crimson rug hangs past the entryway like a lolling tongue. [break][break]

“you?”

[attr="class","unagitag"]

[attr="class","unagipokes"]

[newclass=.unagi] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi b] color: #4f619c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi a] text-decoration: none; color: #4f619c; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #4f619c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi i] color: #4f619c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagitag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagitag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unaginotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #4f619c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagiw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagi span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagipokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #4f619c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagipokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

Prince of Darkness, DJ Sorrow.
he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
I Live I Die I Live Againnn Im Coming With My Army Of Skeletonsssss
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
spirits in the house [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 23:50:09 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Nagi had a bookishness to him. He felt like someone Dylan would've gone to school with. Right down to studying the area, and nearly staring through him.

In either case, a chill ran down his spine. While this'd normally flag the place as a keep-out sign, he saw the carpet hanging down like a tongue at the edge of a dog's mouth and smiled.

Dylan glanced aside, and flattened himself against the doorframe, on the offchance that Nagi wanted a better look inside. He then offered his phone, for use as a flashlight.

"...Two, maybe three. In either case, I don't wanna scare em out. I'm thinkin' about movin' in--" Then, curiously enough, the carpet yanked back, and he disappeared altogether. The last thing Nagi saw of him was that dandelion head of hair and those piercing eyes, as if Dylan was in the corner of his eye, in the middle of the night.

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
spirits in the house [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 11:41:21 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","unagi"]
[attr="class","unagiw"]“moving—?”[break][break]

and in he goes. a headstart on his residential plans; there and then gone, leaving a pale afterimage, a trail of displaced dust and the glint of a sideways glance. [break][break]

nagi shuts his eyes for a moment. jams the knuckle of his index finger into the furrow of skin between his brows in a futile attempt to release the knot of growing tension there, before sighing, muted and restrained.[break][break]

he steps into the doorway, and after a pause, shuts the door quietly behind him. the lock clicks, even without him reaching for it. [break][break]

“hello?” [break][break]

his voice echoes back at him, distorting with each repetition, until the walls ring with white noise, a multi-tonal chorus of whispers. [break][break]

“mn. i’m, uh— heading in." the blunted point of his pencil scores a black dot on meat of his thumb. "don’t hurt him?”

[newclass=.unagi] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi b] color: #4f619c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi a] text-decoration: none; color: #4f619c; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #4f619c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagi u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagitag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unagitag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unaginotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #4f619c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unaginotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #4f619c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unagipokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #4f619c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
spirits in the house [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 5:48:12 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

Curtains "sing" with the sound of a slight breeze on either side of the door, despite the house being totally empty.

If he turned, or even tilted his head up really, Nagi could see a Shuppet wiggle the curtains, and accidentally brush against him once or twice.

All the while, Dylan was down at the very end of the "living room" they were in. Nagi could see him through the archway where a door would be, leading to a kitchen. He leaned on the counter, a mug dragging across a counter and landing in an open hand. He winked, and brought it up to his mouth...

Only to spit it out and gasp, having burned his throat all of a sudden. This little charade invited laughter from a... Polteageist, disguised as a normal kettle? In either case, Dylan drew out his Litwick, and snickered.

"...I'll show you scary." He muttered, seemingly overreacting with a whispered command. The little candle opened with Will o Wisp, lighting up not only the room but that entire long hallway of the manor. A stairwell by the door stayed in the shade.

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
civilian
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
spirits in the house [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 15:05:46 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","unagi"]
[attr="class","unagiw"]okay. nagi’s nose wrinkles as dylan winks at him from across the counter. relief gives way to childish spite. maybe hurt him just a little.[break][break]

steam as thick as fog rises from the polteageist’s spout. laughter tinkles among the crystals hanging from the chandelier. in a moment of camaraderie with the resident ghosts, nagi meets the sight of hot tea dribbling of dylan’s mouth with a wry schadenfreude, expressed entirely through the slow, rising arch of his eyebrow and the upwards quirk of his lip. [break][break]

vengeance successfully exacted (even if by phantom proxy), his eyes shift to the pocket of inky black by the stairs.[break][break]

“sherlock,” he murmurs.[break][break]

his own litwick emerges from its pokeball. with a waxen, stubby hand, it waves at dylan’s litwick from its perch on nagi’s shoulder.[break][break]

twin pairs of wavering ghostlight cast shadows over the wall. with a glance backwards at dylan, a slight incline of his head — a wordless you coming? — nagi drifts, with silent, small steps, towards the stairwell.

close tab

played by

VAPES

he him
NOVEMBER THIRD
spikemuth, galar
questioning
MUSICIAN
civilian
lol
don't even try it
5'7/170cm height
5'7/170cm height
awards
176 posts
dylan sayer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dylan
dylan sayer
spirits in the house [m]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 23:12:01 GMT
dylan sayer Avatar

While Nagi looked at him, Dylan wanted to "mug for the camera" more. That was cut off all at once with his throat being scalded.

The impromptu shadow-ball cut Polteageist off, leaving it staggering. The purple wad cast a shadow, leaving their blue lights all the more luminescent on the rest of the room. Dylan turned and smiled, trying to play it off like he'd meant to do that.

Nagi then turned, leaving the kitchen. Dylan followed, his bulky boots perhaps ill-suited to something requiring this much subtlety. The two walked across the length of the house, stopping by the entrance.

The little nod from Nagi let him know all he needed to know. Dylan walked up the steps, determined to keep being the fall-guy for these ghosts' antics.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights