Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 1:29:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

He huffed, blowing hot air up into the unwanted bangs while dragging his hand over his hair yet again, naught but the salty sea breeze to smooth over his locks as he strode into the Nautica Offices.

An important pit stop on his way to Evergrande. Perhaps the MOST important.

He hadn't checked on the love-birds yet. Had

"Hello?" He called out as he entered the place. The sign outside had read 'closed for business'... or something to that effect.

All errant thoughts ceased as he came to stand within the nautica offices, the seemingly young man taking a moment to just... admire the place.

He stood with his back leaned against the front desk, staring at the controlled chaos of furniture around him, and tried to will himself to remember.

Only the vaguest of silhouettes overlayed themselves over the images before him, however. He had stood there before, some 20 years ago— couple of weeks only, to anyone else— but... if anything had changed since, he could honestly not tell otherwise.

He could barely remember the voices of either owner, for that matter. His hands itched for the carving knife briefly.

At least their faces, he could remember.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 20:29:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelotag"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]Nautica’s office had been somewhat quiet lately. Door to the converted, oceanfront warehouse seeing little action from prospective clients and the owners alike.

Since their return from the Ancient Tomb, there was little want to be stuck in a small office with a pile of paperwork that had failed to magically disappear over the span of twenty years. Jobs were instead taken through email. Angelo had avoided the desk in favour of traversing the open skies and soaking up his freedom.

Memories of his time in Circhester may fade in and out but the itch he’d harboured from his confinement had certainly followed him home.

Angelo had sworn to himself as he unlocked the door that he’d be back out in a heartbeat. Only returning to collect spare equipment. 

Someone with ridiculously impeccable timing had other ideas, though.

Not five minutes had passed into Angelo strolling into the back had someone’s voice cuts through the silence. Finding what he’d come for in a random drawer, he calls from out the back. “We’re closed!

Heading back into the front office, it takes a moment for Angelo to recognise the man standing at the desk. His mouth twitches into an amused and fond grin.

So, what you’re lacking in height you’re making up for in hair length now, huh?

It feels like an age since he’d last seen Doug. He steps forward, giving his old friend a one-arm hug. Typical back smack included.

How've you been, Doug?
[attr="class","angelopoke"]
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 1:46:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

It jolts him when a response comes from the back. With wide eyes, the seeming youth rolled his gaze down to his arm,

The vaguely familiar voice had goosebumps spreadnig over his skin— his heart beating loudly in his chest. Without realizing it, he was holding his breath.

When the one and only finally popped out from the back, the young man could only stare in stunned silence, his intense gaze fixtured on the other's countenance.

His vision briefly blurred, his cheek suddenly feeling damp. Reaching up, he collected the lone tear on the back of his hand, brushing it off.

"... Hah." He uttered as he stared at Angelo, now closer, the other's smack talk flying over his head. "I got your cheekbones all wrong."

The Patron of Navigation looked nothing like the man before him. His memory had been even faultier than he thought.

"I've, uh... I've, um..." He uttered, burning the sight into his head... before smiling, shaking his head as he slipped his own arm around the other man, hugging him back.

And then threw the other around as well, pulling him into a full hug.

"Never better."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 20:35:05 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]He notices the gathering of tears at the rims of Doug’s eyes and the crack in his voice. In how his friend seems to stare almost as if waiting for his brain to catch up with what was right in front of him.

If Angelo hadn’t been at the Ancient Tomb that day, he’d think Doug might’ve gotten a face full of bug toxin. After all, they’d only saw one another a few weeks prior within doomed, putrid cottage. Technically.

But he had been and so his hug turns into a tight, two-armed deal, too.

A few weeks? More like a few decades…

Light-hearted chuckles spill from Angelo’s throat. “Good. I was about to ask who’s ass I had to kick.

There’s a grin in place as he pulls back, giving Doug a reassuring pat on the arm as he creates space between them. No tears would well in his eyes. Instead joy swells in his chest, as if finally reuniting an old, dear friend after a very long time.

You’ve got great timin’ by the way, I’d only stopped by to get something.” Despite the original intention, Angelo's feet remain rooted with no attempt to usher Doug out. “Just in the neighbourhood?” He asks curiously.

It was doubtful the former gym leader was here to show off his new hairstyle.
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 17:30:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

Pffft... how very big brother of him. He was certainly built enough to do it now— living with Skyler seemed to come with some requirements.

"What, Can a guy not show off his fresh new cut?" He said as he pulled away with a grin, casually brushing aside his tears and dragging his hand through his slicked back hair in a single motion. "Or, well, new style."

He certainly didn't look like he had ever even breathed near barber's shop in his life.

"I was on my way to Evergrande, actually." He finally said after a moment, reaching into his uniform to produce— a letter. "I've served the army for nearly 4 years— so I've accumulated about 90 days of leave."

He shrugged, offering a distant smile.

"And after Galar? I need a break." He said, grinning. "A real long one. For now though... three months will do."
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 19:51:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]“Its very unmilitary, lt. colonel.” Taking a step back, Angelo perches himself on the edge of their lone, cluttered desk. His arms folded as casually as the devious smile that curls at the corners of his mouth. “I approve.

To him, he’d always remember Doug as that enthusiastic, country kid that had barged into his camp with big energy and bigger dreams.

He’s of the opinion a volbeat shined best when left unbottled. Free.

Three months isn’t bad,” an eyebrow arches, as if he’d been presented an offer in which he’d be keen to barter with. “Suppose it’s long enough for you to get out and see some sights. Do something different for a while.

Still, he could sympathise with the itch of wanting to get away after everything that had transpired recently…

It’s what I did after my first year of college. Got a bicycle and that delivery job at the mart, spent the year cycling around Hoenn.” There’s a reminiscent twinkle in Angelo’s eyes as memories are stirred of days spent on the open road and nights camping beneath the stars. Doug should remember, they’d met one another at that time in his life.

Couldn’t say he’d recommend the delivery boy job but the travelling - that he’d do again, or something like it, if he could.

Thinkin’ of doing anything in particular?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 15:42:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

He wrapped his hair around a digit, snickering.

"That's the idea." He said with a grin.

"I can't take a break from college as well, unfortunately. I'm switching Majors, so— Yeah." He shrugged. "Lots of catchin' up to do."

Hopefully he would find a way to expedite the process. For now, though...

He smiled.

"Well, wouldn't you know it— the old cliche was right. Great— well, slightly sub-average minds do think alike."

He turned his gaze over to a map of Hoenn (Surely, there was some kind of framed map of Hoenn in what was essentially explorers incorporated), taking a step towards it before casually bringing a digit to Evergrande.

"Was thinking of a... Roadtrip, let's call it." He said. "I'm spending about a week in Evergrande first, though. I've never really looked around the city proper."

Who knew what he would find if he went snooping around off the beaten path. He turned his gaze back to Angelo.

"What about you lovebirds? Any new plans?" He asked, before looking around. "Other than closing early? Man, those AQUA checks are pretty convenient, eh?"
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 21:31:42 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]To the surprise of absolutely no one ever, he and did have a map in the Nautica office!

Angelo had made it. Its pretty great. Doug should commission one.

Ever Grande? That's a choice.” An eyebrow is raised in intrigue as he turns to watch his AQUA colleague discuss his plans. Not where he would choose to start a trip but hey, to each their own. Everyone was entitled to their own opinion, even if his friend had the wrong one. “Soon as you can, get away from the city, there's some great mountain paths further in. You like hikes, right? Islands got some waterfalls too.

He's about to query further on the road trip when the questions are twisted back towards him, encouraging a scoff of a laugh to spill from his throat.

Nautica's doin' well enough that we can take time off on our own dime, thanks.” They didn't need AQUA to keep their office open. For the kid's insolence, Angelo tosses a screwed up wad of paper left on the desk towards Doug's head.

AQUA cheques carrying your little getaway or are you planning on setting up a lemonade stand to fund yourself a car hire?” Regardless, Angelo grins. As if somewhat proud of him for his little quip. 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 16:06:47 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

"I'm about to destroy my rebel cred—" He said with a laugh. "Gotta ask for permission from HQ first, smartass. So may as well start there, I figured."

A wad a of paper smacked him squarely between the eyes, dragging a snort out of him as he gave Angelo a look that said he was losing street cred points now.

"Yes, it is~." He said proudly. "What, do you finance your vacations with your own money? In late stage capitalism? Amateurs."

He was lying through his teeth. His AQUA cheques disappeared into charity funds almost as soon as they reached his office.

But eh. He had lived as a hobo before, he could pull it off again. He still had his tent.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 18:23:42 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]“I suppose I'd better start giving to the poor an' needy children, then.

Callused palms slap down on his legs, an intentional emphasis of effort and departure as Angelo pushes himself off the edge of the desk.

They could back and forth all day, bantering like brothers with smirks and snarky, cutting jabs in an attempt to one-up the other. Perhaps that's one of the few blessings of joining The AQUA Initiative, that - beyond his less than wholesome motivations - he'd get to see more of .

Come on.” He tilts his head towards the door. “Let's go get your leaving present, eh?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 19:30:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

It was nice, having someone to banter with without a care. Galar hadn't been lacking in sharp tongues and witty minds, but there was an ever so present tension in the air that had made such witticisms seem... less than genuine.

"Sure should! Didn't give me nuthin'!" He huffed, pouting at the other man as he pushed off the desk and went for the door.

Apparently, he was starting his philanthropic efforts with him.

"Oooh~?" He uttered with a grin, falling in line behind the other man, popping his head over his shoulder. "Am I getting a plane?"

Wouldn't that be funny. And an international aeronautical emergency waiting to happen.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 20:49:33 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]Locking the office door behind them, Angelo resists the urge to reach behind him and sling Doug’s neck into a choke hold. He can almost taste the wish for a knuckle sandwich in the teenager’s shitty tone.

Wouldn’t that be funny, indeed.

I thought you didn’t want my late stage capitalism?” He grins, giving his colleague a firm slap between the shoulder blades as they set out onto Lilycove’s harbourfront.

It would be about a ten minute walk along the docks for them to reach Angelo’s hangar, perched on the edge of the water. During which he prods him for more information about Hoenn locations he was looking to visit, chiming in with suggestions of his own. Requested or not.

Lavaridge is alright but if you go out to route 112 and towards Jagged Pass, there’s some natural hot springs hidden there. Can skip the entrance fees that way. Mountain trails are good, too,” he says as they reach his large metal box of a converted warehouse, reaching for the jangle of his keys again.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 19:53:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

"Silly Angelo. Capitalism belongs to Silph." He said as he fell in line behind his brother.

He was not silent for the 10 whole minutes they walked, poking continuously at the other man for making him walk nearly 4 miles for his present.

"How did you turn every single recommendation into money advice." He asked with a laugh as they reached the warehouse.

Didn't sound too bad to have hot springs all to himself...

Leaning back against the wall as the other man fished for his keys, he yawned tiredly and rubbed at the dark circles under his eyes.

"Let's get some coffee after this— I'm falling over." He said between yawns, sinking into a squat against the wall and letting his eye slide shut.

"I wonder if I'll still want to be in Hoenn after this."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 19:38:38 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]“Coffee? You’ve come to the right person. I know some good places.

He knew Doug had some sense in his bug brain. Some of Angelo’s first paycheques after he’d turned self-employed had been an investment in good quality ground coffee and an Alto Marean moka pot.

Angelo chuckles as the door unlocks, chunky metal warehouse door opening with a protesting groan that hinted at old, sea-salt weathered bones.

Well if you don’t, you’ll at least be able to make a quick getaway.

And with that as a hint he pilot disappears into his hangar.

Its some handful of minutes later that his voice calls out after a series of crashes and curses, echoing from deep within the belly of his metal base. “You're not ready for this, Dougie.

He doesn’t wait for Doug’s inevitable quippy response before returning, wheeling a blue mach bike. Well loved but still vibrant.

Could do with some new tyres an' it’s got some spinark webs on it, but I figured you of all people wouldn’t mind.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bicycle [Angelo/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 17:01:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Bicycle

Give'me dat shiet,

That was good to hear— the other? Not so much.

He pouted at the other man, brow twitching.

"Weren't ya supposed to say something encouraging there, big bro?" He asked sarcastically.

A little vote of confidence on either his character or Hoenn's would've been nice... if a touch insincere.

Watching Angelo disappear into the hangar, he briefly considered joining him— before the first crash and curse reached his ears.

Nevermind then.

"Clearly! Are you actually pulling a plane—" He didn't get to finish his quip, his brother emerging from the shadows then and there....

With no plane (boo!) in hand.

What he did have, however, was arguably even more special. Doug's jaw loosened considerably as the vaguely familiar blue came closer and closer.

Slowly, he reached over, hands dragging over the dusty, cobweb covered (spinarak style, he duly noted in the back of his head) frame of the bike.

"... Huh." He uttered, digits securing around the handle, before he swung a leg over the seat.

He settled his weight on it, feeling the half-deflated tires sink under his weight.

"... We flew on this thing." He said suddenly.

He had been on the bike, behind Angelo. For the grand ol' prize of a few evolutonary stones, they had incurred the wrath an entire swarm of pokemon and been chased out of a cave system.

They had jumped onto Angelo's bike, and rode downhill on a dangerous dirt road, before launching off an unfortunately placed rock like poorly trained daredevils.

But instead of dying, they had flown.

"Ho-ho-ho—ly shit." He said between sudden giggles. "We were so fucking stupid."

"Thanks man." He said. "For everything."