stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 3:07:17 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Morning light shines through the windows of what should be a perfectly mundane start to the day. Instead, what Fern gets is chaos.[break][break]

At wit’s end, they desperately text . Especially when showing up at ’s the night prior ended in a power outage, a fried ac unit, and a very pissed beast.[break][break]

If Fern kills the power again, better if it’s at their place. They wait for him with anxious pacing, the movement faster than they really register.[break][break]

“Mischa, Mischa. They step aside to let him in.[break][break]

Static clings to the ends of their hair. Lifting it in odd strands as if the air around them was charged. Because, well, it is. If it seems like Fern is restless and on edge, it’s because they are. Sleep? How do they have time for that?[break][break]

“I’ve developed a complication.”[break][break]

Said complication is currently positioned in front of a bookcase in Fern’s den—pulling everything off of it in search of the defunct primal shard that they managed to snipe back when it wasn’t looking. Behind the tapu koko is the wake of its path of destruction.[break][break]

Couch pillows and cushions. Loose papers. Overturned chairs.[break][break]

They point helplessly and wail. “It’s ruining my house![break][break]

Electricity crackles at their own fingertips, drawn out accidentally by their agitation.

[break][break]

// tapu hours // recent past[break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5fb2c9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2023 18:08:24 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

'a complication?'

[break][break] the second that he received the text, jayden had rushed over. shadows still wrapped around his shoulders by the time that he appeared at 's house, the door blasting wide open the second his feet touch the pavement in front of that familiar cobblestone path. fern knows he's there, the same way he can tell that they're here.

[break][break] "fern? what's the matter? is everything alright?"

[break][break] the way he can tell, from the frantic, wide-panic in their eyes; the uneven pacing; the static clinging to their hair.

[break][break] things are not alright.

[break][break] and it is then - at that moment - that his gaze snaps towards the bookshelf. towards the thing that is hovering by piles of books. the thing that is not — not quite a part of this world's reality. a peculiar and chilling presence that defies explanation.

[break][break] "is that - ?"

[break][break] he turns to , shock evident on his face. but before he can say more, that thing is tearing away at fern's precious den, throwing books and papers and things in an uneven disarray. and the urgency in jayden's nature kicks in. he steps in front of fern, his hand flicking to his belt, releasing marinka.

[break][break] "seize it!"

[break][break] phantoms leap immediately out from the mimikyu, aiming to ensnare the legendary with MIMIC YOU.

[break]
mimikyu casts its true form over an area, trapping anyone within range. victims will be ROOTED in place for THREE POSTS.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(90%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 20:57:48 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]The relief that the sight of brings is short-lived. It flutters through them, only to be quashed by the way he immediately moves into action. They’ve barely processed his questions before he shifts into a more efficient state.[break][break]

“No, wait!” Fern’s head snaps back toward Tapu Koko as it turns to look at their unexpected guest. The command receives protest as the deity lets out an angry squall of sound. The slow peal of thunderheads rumble above the roof, and the light outside the windows darkens.[break][break]

As frustrated as they are with the strange version of the island spirit, something flares in their chest at the sight of the mimikyu’s energy swirling around her small, sock-puppet body.[break][break]

“Don’t–!” Panic lances through them as their hands fly up, arms stretched out in front of them and fingers splayed defensively. Before they can even think, electricity bursts from them in bright, skittering sparks to shoot toward Marinka unintentionally. And because he is standing in front of them, Jayden as well. They wince–eyes squinting at the harsh light that manifests from them.[break][break]

They can’t control it– it just happens. They can control nothing in this situation as the shockwave rolls from them. “Move!” they blurt, but it might be a beat too late. Fern isn’t sure.[break][break]

Again, panic crawls up their throat, and under their skin. As if each and every nerve is a loose live wire of its own.[break][break]

“Sorry! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean for that to happen. Are you okay?”[break][break]

Tapu Koko, meanwhile, decides it is bored with the chaos and resumes its mess-making for the time being. The thunderheads fade and the light returns.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 4:07:06 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

jayden has never considered himself a rash person. he is methodical and direct, taking special care to make each individual choice. however, for some reason, whenever is involved, he finds himself acting in the most foolhardy of ways.

[break][break] dark energy collects around his mimikyu at the admin's command, lighting up the room, even against the other admin's refusal.

[break][break] however, the tapu is faster.

[break][break] jayden's eyes widen.

[break][break] electricity sparks from the other's palm, lacing through the air like shooting stars across a sky. it lands in the center of jayden's chest, throwing the man back against shelves of books.

[break][break] storybooks and novels fall in a flutter around him, knocking down around his head and shoulders. but it is not the pain of novels bumping against his bones that alarm him. it is the sight of fern before him, palms outstretched, electricity sparking around their fingertips.

[break][break] had fern attacked him?

[break][break] heat laces through him, a combination of shock and something else, and he's rendered mute. if only for a moment.

[break][break] then suddenly, time starts again.

[break][break] "i'm fine," he says hastily, pushing himself to his feet. he glances towards his mimikyu who seems just as stunned at him. jayden grunts as he pushes himself up, gratefully accepting the light of a PAIN SPLIT as the pokemon attempts to take the pain away from her trainer. it works, if only sparingly.

[break][break] "what -" jayden pauses, glancing between the legendary beast still making a mess of his partner's study. "what was that?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;} .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(90%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px; transition:0.2s all; } .jaytop img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.2s all;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 3:25:18 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] Fern stares down at their hands, static electricity still zinging from their open palms in little, crackling bursts. Their eyes squeeze shut, fingers curling and uncurling as they try to will it away. When they open their eyes again several moments later, it’s subsided.[break][break]

But for how long? When will another outburst make them lose control?[break][break]

“Are you sure?” they blurt in response to the reassurance. Wide, frantic eyes watch Jayden as he stands and the guilt Fern feels is nearly enough to knock them over. They hadn’t— they weren’t trying to hurt him. It just happened. Because like it or not, they’re connected to the island deity.[break][break]

“It wants this,” they pull out the defunct primal shard and the tapu koko’s head practically snaps around to look at them. Then it’s darting over, the same charged energy licking off of its grabby claws that has eased from Fern’s hands just before.[break][break]

With a sigh, they relinquish their bargaining chip to tapu koko, and it holds the dull crystal aloft in triumph. It is only then that it seems to take full stock of Jayden’s arrival beyond simply being an inhibitor to its prior search.[break][break]

What was that?[break][break]

The question had gone unanswered until Fern circles back to it. “I—“ they falter. The word avatar still feels uncomfortable in their mouth, sour on their tongue. Like the curdling sensation of licking a charger battery.[break][break]

“It…chose me. And now I can’t stop zapping things. This is, um, tapu koko. I think.”[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 4:28:44 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"i'm fine."

[break][break] bemused as he looks at them, his lips curve into a slight smile.

[break][break] "i'm made of tougher stuff than you think, you know."

[break][break] even so, there was an unknowing, mythical buzz beneath his skin. it confused jayden. it wasn't as if the admin hadn't hit by pokemon attacks before — both father and had made sure of it. his life in rocket had made sure of it. but it was the first time that he'd been hit directly by —

[break][break] wait. was that it? was avatar?

[break][break] before he can make a comment, his eyes shift towards the defunct primal shard in their grip. the tapu koko is quick to slurp it up like a bowl of soup, light greedily surging around the source.

[break][break] "i've heard of it before," he says, blinking. he walks slowly towards fern, electricity still sparking off his own skin. his mind, however, is running a mile a minute. he thinks of all the books in the sub's executive section that he'd read over various legendary pokemon. he knew the reports of rockets who'd faced them in battle during the three day war.

[break][break] but those were the league's. those were —

[break][break] it chose me.

[break][break] surprise flicks in his gaze.

[break][break] "how? when?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 17:23:08 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] insists that he is fine, but it still takes a moment for Fern to let out a breath. It was one they’d apparently been holding, mortified that it had even happened. “Alright, alright. I believe you. I just…don’t know how to deal with all this. I knocked out ’s power last night.”[break][break]

They smile at him. Sheepish and embarrassed.[break][break]

“Uh, well, yesterday, I suppose.” They frown, brows still knit together as they look across the room at the tapu koko who now watches them back. It does a little dance, pleased with them that they’ve handed the shard over.[break][break]

Feeling affectionate, it flits over and twirls around them. Just like the day prior, it picks and prods with the ends of their hair, but the gesture seems to be more familiar than the last. Fern figures, though, that it’s only a matter of time before it grows irritable again.[break][break]

Its moods are like this–an uneasy wind that changes direction quickly.[break][break]

“I was on assignment in Lesser Megalopolis. I had that shard, and it seemed…compelled by it? I’m not sure why. Or why it was even there. But it wanted to leave.”[break][break]

With me, they add silently, to themself. Because they’re not quite sure how they feel about that yet, exactly.[break][break]

“Wherever this one is from, it’s not theirs.” The collective ‘theirs’ being the leagues, naturally. “Its colors are wrong, according to , and .”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 21:29:52 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

electricity still crackles where it touched his skin, but he can't tell if it's more because of the shock of fern being avatar or the fact that fern attacked him.

[break][break] "yesterday?"

[break][break] from someone else, the words may come off as accusatory. after all, why hadn't notified the rocket admin immediately of the change? but jayden knew better — especially after their last conversation — and trusted that there was a good enough reason that fern hadn't come to him first. more than likely, he'd been busy.

[break][break] no - when he asks, his words are more of a confirmation than anything. as if his mind is still trying to wrap around the timeframe.

[break][break] calpurnia. the reminder of his father's associate, , brings a distasteful expression to his face, which is quickly washed away at the mention of .

[break][break] "do you know where it's from?" he asks, stepping towards them. he reaches for their hands, curious to see if sparks will fly from them again. "or does it? does it... speak to you?"

[break][break] he glances towards the unusual creatures, currently inhabiting their space. his mouth worries itself into a frown.

[break][break] "does it belong to the megalopolans?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 14:57:38 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] “Yesterday,” they repeat, nodding in confirmation. “We got back late in the evening and,” Fern’s works break off as a sheepish laugh intercedes. They push a hand helplessly through their hair. The action draws static that clings to individual strands to make it stand up. “I wasn’t sure what was going on with me. Wasn’t exactly in control of myself, but I ended up at ’s.”[break][break]
Fern grimaces at the recollection and the beast’s frustration. “I sort of killed her electrical lines on accident.” Their head shakes, hands wringing together. “I also sort of just got there without thinking much about it. So I can travel. Fast.”[break][break]
Their arms curl around themself, and it isn’t difficult to see that the whole situation has caused a high degree of agitation.[break][break]
What are they supposed to do with this?[break][break]
They can’t even touch Jayden without shocking him. Or at least it feels that way.[break][break]
They don’t know how they’re supposed to manage the deity, who is still nesting in their house, rearranging their things into a mess that only it understands.[break][break]
“Underboss Quinn may send a memo to the upperbrass, though,” they add quietly. As a part of the report on our trip. “But I don’t…” Their head shakes again. Don’t tell anyone. Not yet.” Fern looks up at him pitifully, hands reaching with obvious caution. When their palms close over one of his hands with no more than little static shocks, they sigh in relief. “Please.”[break][break]
“I’m not sure where it came from or why it’s there,” they offer, probably unhelpfully. “And it hasn’t spoken. Though it makes its feelings fairly obvious,” their eyes roll. Temperamental little thing, it’s already proven to be.[break][break]
The last question is one they hadn’t considered.[break][break]
“I don’t think so, but I suppose I can’t say for sure. I just know that it assisted our departure, and seemed very eager to leave.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 1:43:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

his eyes flicker at the sparks that fly from their fingertips, churning his heart in an unexpected way.

[break][break] he does not surprise him in the slightest that fern ended up at 's, especially he himself had been busy, but jayden cannot help the guilt that trickles knowing that he hadn't been there for fern when they needed him to be. well, at least they were together now.

[break][break] "travel fast?" he blinks. "like, teleportation?"

[break][break] jayden was aware that avatarship could change a person, in ways that were more drastic than the amount of infinity energy flowing through them. but to imagine it for fern, to think that his person would have been altered in such unexpected ways. his heart skips a beat.

[break][break] but as hesitant he may feel about this all, there is one thing that he doesn't.

[break][break] there is no hesitation when he reaches for them, hands ghosting over theirs, ignoring the sparks of electricity that fly along his skin. they crackle, but no different than his own pokemon's whenever they attempt to injure him.

[break][break] but fern could never hurt him.

[break][break] "i won't," he vows, after a moment. it is no small thing that jayden makes this vow either — knowing him, and his loyalty to rocket. but this is fern. plus, he was sure that would take care of whatever needed to be taken care of. "not unless it becomes dangerous. or until you tell me to."

[break][break] this - whatever it was - was fern's secret. their truth. jayden trusted them enough to let them handle it.

[break][break] the admin glances towards the unlikely elephant in the room. the sparking tapu fini. he turns to it, still holding himself in front of fern, as if protecting him from the diety.

[break][break] "what do you want from us?" he said, expression tightened into concentration.

[break][break] "are you..." he paused, half-in-thought. "running away from them?"

[break][break] from something?

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 17:20:52 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]“Er, I think so?” They frown, glance falling away as they try to make it make sense. “Just, um, watch.” It sort of just happened last night without even really thinking too hard about it, so it shouldn’t be too difficult now, in theory, right? It’s like they’re tapped into some electrical grid of their own making, and they can feel the heat and snap and sizzle of those currents.[break][break]
They want to be across the room, and then they are.[break][break]
In no more than a blink, flickering out of view only to reappear, standing across the space from him.[break][break]
“See?” They were still frazzled by it, but the shorter range was by far easier to control than the greater distance they had traveled the night before. All they needed to do was just concentrate. Not that they really wanted to—their mind was tired from reeling everything in all night long.[break][break]
But if they didn’t? And something lashed out of them and actually hurt Jayden? They wouldn’t be able to forgive themself.[break][break]
They cross the space again at a normal pace, falling easily into hands that reach for them, despite the warning shocks they couldn’t manage to quell. Selfishly, it’s a comfort they crave and want because even though they agreed to this bond, they hadn’t been looking for it. Don't know what to do with the sudden, unexpected depth of it.[break][break]
And it’s daunting. And they just want what is familiar. And Jayden is familiar.[break][break]
They breathe out a relieved sigh, “Thank you,” Fern murmurs in response. “I just…want to try and make some sense of this on my own, first.” It’s that independent instinct kicking in, to handle everything on their own. They have always been this way.[break][break]
When the admin addresses Tapu Koko, it only looks up at him with a curious tilt of its head. Abandoning its destructive task, it zips closer, nose to nose with him as it stares blankly. Then, it ducks around him and bonks Fern lightly on the head.[break][break]
“It doesn’t speak,” they reiterate. “I don’t think it’s that it won’t.”[break][break]
But what it says with its mannerisms is clear enough— This one is my free ride. Whatever it had left behind in Lesser Megalopolis, it was happy to be away.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 16:35:12 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

jayden stares.

[break][break] he knows the powers of avatarship cross the rules of reality, had seen his own brother be able to command shadow pokemon at a flick of his hand, and yet &mash; when they vanish from his side in a mere heartbeat, he is still stunned into silence.

[break][break] they come back to him, and yet he knows - they are still different. different than before.

[break][break] it makes something anxious yet excited thrum in his chest.

[break][break] "i understand," he murmurs, reaching for their face and pressing a gentle kiss to their lips. jayden is not typically one to make exceptions, but fern has always been his.

[break][break] when he pulls away and speaks a question to the diety that has claimed fern, he is startled when the diety suddenly zooms close. he stares into nothing but bright sparks as he finds them - suddenly - very close.

[break][break] he only lets out a breath when dismisses it, bonking it lightly on the head.

[break][break] jayden cannot help the way his lips curve slightly at the sight of it.

[break][break] in some ways, - their fern - is still the same as ever.

[break][break] "i... see." but jayden doesn't, not really, but he knows he doesn't need to. this is fern's story, not his. the admin turns to his partner then, reaching for his hand again, feeling that same burst of exhilaration as sparks run up his fingertips again. something hot coils in the pit of his stomach.

[break][break] "so should i worry about it?" he says, bemused. "will you run away from me now that i can't catch you?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 18:51:36 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
Anxiety over this change still hums under their skin. They still don't know if the choice made was the right one. Or even if they are wholly comfortable with the new bond and the parts of themself that it gives over to Tapu Koko.[break][break]
But as of right now, they know it can't be so easily undone.[break][break]
They are unsure of what Jayden is thinking in the moment - if he accepts them. And then hands slide against their skin, and relief sings in their chest. Fern folds into the contact, into the gentle kiss. Eyes close peacefully as they let out a held breath. "I'm glad."[break][break]
At the very least, it is a comfort that the nature of their connection to Tapu Koko comes somewhat naturally. They play off one another, and soon it grows bored with the two humans and drifts away.[break][break]
Fern smiles as they turn back to Jayden, though it falters as something strange flickers though his expression at their touch. "You okay..?"[break][break]
Their nose wrinkles, however, and they lean into him as they shake their head. "Never, duck. I wouldn't dream of it."
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 19:07:48 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

he cannot explain what it is.

[break][break] whether it's surprise at the fact that events have unraveled like this, if it is admiration that his has been chosen as special among the gods. or whether it has anything to do with the faint sparks that singe his skin, making his heart aflutter perhaps a second faster than they normally are.

[break][break] when they fold into him, jayden's chest sings with relief too — knowing that they are different, yet still the same fern that he has come to know and love.

[break][break] entangling their fingers together, those sparks run up and down his skin. his gaze darkens, if so briefly.

[break][break] "i'm fine," he says, turning to gently cradle their face with his free hand and provides them a gentle kiss — first to their mouth, then their jaw. then, slowly, angling downwards as he burrows his face against their neck, mouthing gently at the skin that is there. he inhales, his heart thudding at the familiar smell of lavender and earl-grey. "i'm just glad you're safe, lyubeemiy."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
violet lightning [past]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 3:06:06 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
They can get through this if he is here beside them. Because he doesn't look at them as if they're too different now. Changed in a way that can't be fixed.[break][break]
The shift in his expression isn't one of disdain, but they don't quite know how to pinpoint it. It is not bad, though, and it ignites their curiosity.[break][break]
Breathing out, Fern's gaze rises to Jayden's. Their smile is still relieved, but bright. There is one less uncertainty to be concerned with. When lips press against theirs, they sight into the kiss. But it is short-lived as it trails away. Automatically, their head tilts to give him access to their neck.[break][break]
A shiver races under their skin, excited static sparks kick off of them at points of contact. They can't help it, it just happens..[break][break]
"What's gotten into you?" they purr, voice teasing as their fingers curl around his arms. Pulling him closer. "Not that I mind," they add hastily, smile wide as they drag him back under.
[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]