snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
history of man
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 4:15:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the air atop mt pyre feels... different.

she can't quite explain it, per se, but there's something about the way it settles against her body as a subtle breeze that's unnerving. whether it's a warning or simply remnants of what happened the day the primal points fired, she can't discern.

her discolored golurk, however, senses it too.

and perhaps that should be the first alarm...

they're working through a simple routine, going through motions until their bodies are further in sync. her sygna suit still feels foreign on her body, both in material and in purpose. today, she's trying to change that sensation.

it's difficult, though, to not have skin exposed as a security blanket.

she feels restricted, confined into the suit with no chance of healing mist able to seep through. will that harm her in the end? will it become her achilles heel?

her golurk rumbles low. another alarm, this time louder than before, echoes in her mind until it reaches her ears.

they are not alone.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
history of man
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 6:12:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HISTORY OF MAN

mission

THE RIFT TO THE BORDERS TWISTS AS SOMEONE EXITS. the distortion stabilizes shortly after but there’s no one in sight. many have come and gone through these dimensional cracks but they always end up deposited near the entrance.

the reason is that this being is not restrained to the ground. the fluctuation in GRAVITY has little effect on it. for a PSYCHIC BARRIER exerts its own PRESSURE against the world and its physics.

high above, the mewtwo scans the area, adjusting to the shift between planes.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
history of man
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 2:20:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she feels the disturbance the way one would a slight shift in temperature - subtly, prickling at skin until goosebumps slowly rise.

her head turns, eyes snapping to the rift. is it more unstable than usual? the rippling looks different, less natural and more disrupted...

the automaton senses something - she can tell in the way its colors brighten suddenly - but she sees nothing. yet.

"what is it?"

pressure settles gently, a weighted blanket against her shoulders. she chalks it up to the rift, but there's something stirring in the wind. it's too still - even for mt. pyre.

"is something out there?"

the rumble in return does not sit well with her. it drops into her stomach like a stone, heavy and foreboding.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
history of man
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 17:44:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HISTORY OF MAN

mission

THE WHIRLING WINDS of an upcoming HURRICANE coil around the pokemon. a discharge of its own PSYCHIC vertigo. but once the world settles and the pokemon adjusts, the gales are dispelled with a wave of its paw.

it lands next to the RIFT, barely hovering over the ground, staring into the void.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
history of man
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 3:58:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]odd winds pick up around them, whipping her hair into a frenzy. she braces herself with an arm rising to shield her eyes as her golurk steps in front of her with a low vibration tumbling from its body. she understands the concept well enough to know what's come - danger.

her arm lowers as the wind settles, calming into a still death.

"you again."

the tone is familiar, almost tinged with fondness at the edges for the body near the rift is no stranger to the scientist. she remembers their previous encounter - the way it struggled against the dome and the sensation of its voice inside her mind... but what is it doing here?

"are you looking for something?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
history of man
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 9:07:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HISTORY OF MAN

mission

ITS TAIL SWISHES IN RESPONSE. the pokemon makes no motion to turn around. much less pay her any attention. but, just like before, she will hear its reply.

THIS TEAR IS NOT OF THIS WORLD.

THESE POKEMON ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD.

THEY DO NOT BELONG.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
history of man
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 19:04:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]its voice echoes in her head - foreign, yet not entirely unwelcome.

her eyes drift toward the rift, to the way it ripples in its own unnatural existence.

"yes, I would like to seal them from this world."

a lofty dream, perhaps, but one she pursues regardless of impossibility looming at her shoulders.

"I fear this world could suffer if they are not banished soon."

a beat passes. she looks for an ally - or, at the very least, common ground.

"wouldn't you agree?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
history of man
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 22:10:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HISTORY OF MAN

mission

WE ARE NOT ENOUGH.

the pokemon faces her GOLURK.

WE REQUIRE MORE.

it raises its paw toward the pokemon. blue energy starts to manifest around the tips.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
history of man
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 1:58:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it takes a beat for her to truly understand what's about to happen - when she does, she steps in front of her golurk.

"what're you doing?"

her eyes narrow slightly, as if willing it to stop. things are not that simple, naturally, but what else can she really do?

"if you need more, why not seek out others?"

not her pokemon...

her fingers twitch toward her golurk's pokeball.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
history of man
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 2:33:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HISTORY OF MAN

mission

WE REQUIRE MORE.

the words repeat but firmer in its repetition. as if stating it as fact rather than one of authority.

WE REQUIRE ALL POKEMON.

its a clear usage of PSYCHIC. but it doesn’t go for the GOLURK outright. instead, it tries to shove the human out of the way. opening a direct line of sight.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,111 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
history of man
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 20:26:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she tries to stand her ground against psychic, heels digging into dirt.

"why're you doing this?"

her voice takes on a pleading tone, as if she's begging to understand the concepts. she couldn't, though, for this is not something she could possibly hope to find understanding within.

this is simple aggression now - the truce against the dome newly burning down.

"please stop."

her feet behind to shift backward in the dirt as psychic begins to shove her backwards. her hand scrambles for the pokeball for her golurk, fear igniting in her bones.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights