he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 22:27:18 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Noise, games, and all kinds of food to eat - what wasn't to love about a carnival? It'd been a good while since Hideo had been to one, and by Arceus he was going to enjoy it, taking a chance to visit while it was still in Lilycove. He wouldn't have to be part of the "Meet-your-local-heroes" event until it came by Littleroot. For the time being, he'd enjoy the festival activities while he was free.

Hideo was dressed semi-incognito; even if he wasn't part of any events today, he did have to worry about getting recognized by people that'd want his autograph or take up his time. That semi-incognito disguise was a blue jacket rather than his usual striped sweater - he knew he was known for his striped sweaters, and nobody would expect him to be here without one.

Accompanying him was the "Ralts" on his shoulders - Uxie in an Illusion. Hideo would've preferred bringing his Beheeyem, but that'd out him pretty quickly - and Uxie really wanted to go to the festival with him.

At the moment, he was in the middle of one of the games: a dart-throwing game, where he had to pop balloons with the darts he was given. Had the carny known he was blind, he wouldn't have been allowed in in the first place, but Hideo left that detail out, feigning sight with open eyes.

While his "Ralts" wasn't allowed to use any moves or abilities to help him aim, Uxie needed neither to tell Hideo where to aim. His years of practice with Pokeballs paid off, skillfully popping a balloon with each toss.

Now the question was what would he get as an award?

Win At Least One Carnival Game

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 12:19:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's never an uneventful day in Hoenn, some are just exceeding more explosive than the others. And today is one of said explosive days, her energy simply overflowing as she skips through the carnival lanes. Soaking in the atmosphere, peeking over shoulders and snatching glimpses of the prizes to be won. Oh, there's simply much to be done and so little time![break][break]

Not a single second will be wasted as she weaves her way through the crowd. Coins are handed over to a rather obnoxious 'Mimikyu', only for them to wander off and come back with a whole box full of freshly baked mini pretzels. What joy they exude as they snatch a few pieces under their cloth, munching down without a care for the powdered sugar or crumbs falling to the ground. At some point, they even tap her cheek, pointing to the pretzels and leaving her no choice in the matter.[break][break]

At the very least, they picked cinnamon sugar - A rather decent choice, though maybe just a little on the sweet side... Just as she's about to warn Reiner of the incoming shot of sugar, her attention is dragged along by the fleeting presence of her dearest 'Mimikyu', several pretzels grabbed within those shadowy claws as they scurry away. And she'll follow suit, sticking close to Reiner as he works to sniff them out.[break][break]

Or them, rather. The scent leads them to a rather familiar face, seemingly deep in thought as her 'Mimikyu' sneaks up on them. And they'll squeal, waving their pretzel-holding claws about at the 'Ralts' up on his shoulders.[break][break]

"So, what'cha win?" She slides right on beside , scooping the Mimikyu up onto her shoulders just so they can continue chirping at their sibling about the wondrous nature of this cinnamon pretzel. "Still deciding?"[break][break]

[break]
✧ Eat a carnival treat
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme || outfit

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 22:50:06 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo wasn't the one picking out the reward; that job went to the "Ralts" atop his head, who didn't even hesitate to make a selection, pointing towards one of the plushies on the wall.

A small squeal from behind grabbed their attention, his "Ralts" the first to turn - and recognizing that Mimikyu disguise immediately, waving back.

Hideo had a hunch as to who it was, and received confirmation immediately upon hearing 's voice.

"Dunno yet," he answered, "I didn't actually ask my friend here what prizes they had at this game. Just let'em choose one for me."

Said friend's attention was fixed on the cinnamon pretzel the "Mimikyu" was singing the praises of, Uxie asking it could get some of its own.

The carny staffing the stand soon returned, handing Hideo his reward. Hideo felt it out, noticing it was shaped like a person, with very tiny hands and feet. He could feel out the hair, noticing it was in a very familiar style, though he couldn't put his finger on it.

Though to everyone else, it would be obvious from the plushie's closed-eye expression and striped sweater that it was a stuffed toy of Hideo; the game he'd played had stuffed toys of all the current Gym Leaders and their main Pokemon.

"You wanna try taking a shot at it?" Hideo asked, his blindness sparing him from a minor existential crisis at carrying a stuffed version of himself.

Pick a prize from the prize wall at one of the Carnival games

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 13:47:01 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When Uxie decides to indulge Mesprit's little presentation, oh how the pixie cheers as they grab a pretzel from Eris' box and waves it out for them to take. And Eris, on the other hand, is far more caught up on the fact that is holding a smaller version of himself. So much so that she instinctively whips her phone out to snap a picture and sends it to the one person whose contact sits on the top of her list.[break][break]

How she hopes that will grace them with a witty response. And maybe the question of whether the three of them should hang out at the carnival together.[break][break]

"Take a shot..." He'd really slipped in a pun without ever batting an eye, not that he even had them open to begin with. And she'll look to Reiner, who returns her a shrug as Mesprit reaches down to grab ahold of the pretzel box. And this time, they'll offer it to Hideo, carefully manoeuvring the carton so he can reach in without much hassle.[break][break]

Well, why shouldn't she? She's a pretty decent shot! She can put down those tokens and be fairly confident - Except that she's lost that title with her eye, barely missing the mark by a hair's breadth and sulking as the gamemaster calls her loss. Breathing in deep, she waves away Mesprit's comfort pretzel, resting a hand upon Reiner's mane before shrugging her shoulders back.[break][break]

"Guess my aim ain't as good as yours!"[break][break]

[break]
✧ Lose at least one carnival game.

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 23:00:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Uxie was too preoccupied lifting up the offered cinnamon pretzel psychically to notify Hideo of Eris's photo-taking. It'd just have to be something he'd have to discover once the consequences were in his face.

Hideo cheered Eris on as she took her shots, Uxie gobbling up the pretzel - and loving it. He only stopped the moment Uxie notified him of the offered confection, Uxie lifting one up just for him to try.

One bite was all it took to get Hideo to practically glow with delight, scarfing the remainder down in short order. "Thesh're good!" he exclaimed, taking another out of the box.

Alas, Eris's attempt didn't go as well as his. "There's always next time," Hideo shrugged, swallowing what mixture of cinnamon and pretzel remained in his mouth. "Or we could try something else. I heard there's one of those Tauros-riding rides, where you gotta hold on as long as you can. Wanna give that one a shot?"

With what Hideo knew of Eris, she could probably handle it better than he could. "Bet'cha I can last longer~"

Eat a carnival treat

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 1:21:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]There's always next time. It's always the littlest things that her brain lingers on, that attempts to dissect what's said as a poor distraction to whatever pricks at her pride. But his offer is far better in that aspect, the severe lack of any cinnamon pretzels remaining in the box quickly waved away.[break][break]

"Nuh uh! I'll beat you in this one for sure!" She quips back, then looks around for a brief moment. And when the coast seems clear, she'll lean in close to whisper. "If I can deal with Mes, I think I can deal with anything really."[break][break]

With that, she'll take his hand and pull away, pointing up to the sky whilst Reiner takes the lead.[break][break]

"C'mon, time's a-wasting!"

[break][break]

[break]
✧ Involve or reference a Taurus-Rodeo Game

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 21:49:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo grinned, glad to hear Eris eager to try the next ride. "We'll just have to try it and see!"

A small chuckle escaped from Uxie, after Eris's comment about Mesprit. It didn't disagree with her on that part.

And with that, the two were on their way - with Eris and Reiner leading Hideo. "Thought I'd be the one leading you to the ride," he giggled, "but I guess I can backseat guide if you want. The ride isn't far from here anyways."

Granted, he'd be using directions from Uxie, but they'd find the Tauros ride soon enough, and it wouldn't take long for them to get their chance. And as Hideo promised, he'd be the first one on, leaving his "Ralts" with Eris as he mounted the mechanical Tauros.

The ride started off easy, with some simple turns and slight rocking. Once it tilted backwards, Hideo clung on tight to avoid slipping off.

When it tilted in the other direction - like a Tauros bucking - he lost his grip, flying off the mechanical mount. He hit a mat belly-first, his face following afterwards. One of the ride attendants went to check up on him, with Hideo offering a thumbs-up to show he was ok.

He'd managed to last a whole ten seconds.

Lose at least one carnival game.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 5:43:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Awh, no way. How much of this carnival have you explored already?" From the sounds of things, he seemed familiar enough with the route. Or maybe he was just that confident in his ability to locate things, especially with Uxie by his side. Then again, with Mesprit constantly chattering away in their sibling's ears, she's got that feeling that the pixie would have led them astray at least once or twice.[break][break]

And so they make it without any hitches, her now appointed the watcher of two as steps up to the plate. Ten seconds seem to pass by real quick but in all honesty, the fact that he managed to last that long seems like a rather amazing feat in and of itself.[break][break]

"Got some real skills on ya," She laughs, leaning over with Ralts and Mimikyu in her arms. "And now it's my turn to prove you wrong!"[break][break]

As soon as he takes charge of the two troublemakers, Reiner will stick by his side, giving Eris that same old knowing look as he shoos her off. And she'll take that blessing as she hops on, ready to take the Tauros by the horns. The first buck is handled easily, the momentum cancelled out by the shifting of her own weight to match. And as it starts to grow wilder, in comes the sharp turns that threaten to toss her right off.[break][break]

She can handle this. If she's handled Reiner's wild charges, held onto her pokemon through horrible tidal waves and somehow not fallen off her very irritable Salamence, she's definitely able to hang onto this bucking mechanical Tauros. Refusing to give in to the curse of over-confidence, she'll keep at it, trying her best to beat the scores until she's finally tossed off with a rather unceremonious jerk towards the right.[break][break]

The crash really isn't as painful as it looks, the mats allowing her a place to rest as her heart races in her ears. Then pops Reiner's face into the corners of her vision, a short chain of barks and growls telling her all that she needs to know. Or well, she could already more or less guess judging by the way the ride attendant seems absolutely stunned as she sits upright.[break][break]

"So... do I get a prize?"
[break][break]

[break]
✧ Win at least one carnival game

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 18:29:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
He hadn't actually been through most of the carnival yet; this had just been one of the parts Uxie pointed out to him on his way here. "Just chose something I knew I'd do well at," he said, stepping out of the arena, face slightly-reddened by the impact. "Guess I'm better at darts than riding a mechanical Tauros. I got some practice riding Pokemon, but those are a bit more cooperative."

Regardless, it was Eris's turn to take a shot. Hideo had to go off what Uxie was telling him, but it seemed like Eris truly did know a lot more about riding an ornery Pokemon than he did, holding on far better than he could. Perhaps it helped that Eris could actually see how the (mechanical) bull was moving, where he had to purely guess from what he felt (Uxie offering him no assistance on the ride itself - that'd be cheating).

All the while, Hideo cheered her own, even clapping after Eris was tossed off. As he'd thought, she lasted much longer than he did.

And sure enough, the attendant near Eris would motion her over towards a prize wall; she'd lasted long enough to earn a prize of her choice. Hideo was quick to catch up, with Uxie and Mesprit in tow. "Seems like you got a nice selection to choose from~" he teased, "all bigger than the one I got. Not that I'm jealous."

He feigned a small pout, holding his stuffed self close.

Involve or reference a Taurus-Rodeo Game

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 1:12:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Yeah... wait till you try riding Remy's dragons while he's not looking." Little admissions spell a bigger picture, and it earns a disgruntled snort from Reiner as he helps pick her up. And she can't help but smile as he messes around with her, briefly glancing to the wall before looking back at his tiny doll self.[break][break]

Should she tell him? Nah, he shouldn't have to think about it just yet.[break][break]

"I'd trade, but I promised pa I'd win him a big one!" Her focus darts across the wide spread until it finally narrows in on the one thing she'd been hoping to see. "That one!"[break][break]

And she'll practically hop on her toes just pointing at it, nearly falling over if not for Reiner holding on: a large Skitty perfect for curling up with. Surely that would make happy? Maybe she could also grab some sweets on the way back? Taking the plush into her arms, she looks over to in brief contemplation.[break][break]

"Hmm... how 'bout we try to win you a big one too? Pretty sure I saw a Dugtrio ring toss down the lane... Or do you wanna go on some rides?"
[break][break]

[break]
✧ Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 23:06:12 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Dunno who Remy is…but I'll take your word for it. A lot of Pokemon can get pretty fighty if you try to ride them out of nowhere." He only needed to learn that lesson once from his Spectrier to keep it imprinted on his mind. "'specially if they aren't one of your own."

Hideo didn't know what Eris chose, but Uxie made sure to tell him it was something cute - and much larger than the plushie he got. "Almost got me jealous there," he muttered.

At least Uxie was happy with what he got - he even let Uxie hold on to the stuffed-him.

Regardless, on to the next activity! Or at least decide on one. "Dugtrio ring toss is tempting…but we only got so many hands to hold stuff with. I was hoping we could try one of those spinny teacup rides. The ones you can make spin faster by spinning something in the middle. We could work together to make them go really fast!"

Faster than he could've alone.

Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 9:14:12 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh uhm... . He's a Galarian prince, he says! But he's my archaeology partner!" Quick clarification will either lead to recognition or continued confusion. Either way, they shouldn't be letting some hoity-toity fancy man disrupt any of the fun they're about to have. So she listens tight to 's logic, nodding along as she hums in thought.[break][break]

"Yeah! That sounds pretty fun! Better hope you don't get sick though!" Her laughter is soft, swept up by the gentle grasping of hands as she leads him through the crowd once more. Thankfully, she's spied this ride on her way here, quick to find it once more and slip into the queue with Hideo in tow. And all the while, she's bouncing on her toes, trying to peek at the others already on the ride or counting just how many people go before they do (much to Reiner's dismay).[break][break]

Sure enough, if he hasn't already been driven mad by her constant fidgeting, they'll get their turn and their very own teacup. Even though Reiner chooses to sit this one out and merely watch from the sidelines, Mesprit is more than excited to get their hands on the wheel, hopping up and down on the seat as they squeal at Uxie. Eris follows suit, carefully taking hold of the wheel as she shoots a toothy grin.[break][break]

"Last chance to say you're chicken!"
[break][break]

[break]
✧ Ride one of the extreme-spin rides

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 18:03:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo paused for a moment, recalling that name. "...I think I've met him before. He only gave me his first name, but he was out doing some archeology study in the place I was fishing at…I didn't know he was a Galarian prince." Crazy how he could just casually encounter royalty like that.

And that he and Eris were "archaeology partners". She seemed to meet a lot more people than he did.

Hideo eagerly followed along, once more led to a ride he'd suggested. "It's harder to get me sick than you'd think!~" he giggled; he knew what he was getting himself into by recommending a spinning ride, and he wasn't going to back out. No matter how long they had to wait for their turn.

And soon, they'd get their own teacup. Uxie's illusory appearance didn't look excited to go on the ride, but it went along with Mesprit's insistence, taking a seat next to Hideo, who'd already taken a seat and had a strong grip on the wheel.

Rather than grab the wheel, Uxie clung to Hideo's sweater. "I ain't no chicken!" Hideo answered, unaware of his partner's reluctance.

The moment the ride started, Hideo would get to turning the wheel, aiming to make them spin as fast as he could. Uxie had made sure cling to the side they were turning, to make sure it was getting pushed into Hideo.

Uxie looked over to Mesprit, hoping their small size didn't have them flying off the ride.

Ride one of the extreme-spin rides.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 5:44:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh, yeah no. He's just weird like that. Pretty funky for a prince."[break][break]

Hearing the way that has no other comments, she'll keep her silence on any further details. Instead, she gets to watch the way Uxie grips onto him for dear life, laughing and cheering as they spin about. And Mesprit is enjoying it to the next degree, holding tight onto the wheel if only to ensure they don't get launched right out of the teacup.[break][break]

Above the cheery music that blasts, she can hear the faintest yowl from the sidelines - Most likely from Reiner trying to yell at the pixie to be careful. But as long as he isn't here, Mesprit has nothing stopping them from being a menace. If they can't let go long enough to spin the wheel, they'll push it along with some psychic powers, squealing as they're swung around.[break][break]

"Woooo!!"
[break][break]

[break]
✧ Ride at least one carnival ride

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 23:24:25 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Round and round and round they go! Hideo didn't hold back in his spinning efforts, rotating that wheel as hard as he could.

All the while, Uxie clung to Hideo, letting out a few scared "peep"s as it held on for dear life. It attempted to check the future a few times via its Future Sight, perhaps to find how much longer the ride would go on for, but it couldn't concentrate and hold on to Hideo tightly in terror at the same time.

Hideo didn't notice, going at it as the loud carnival music blared in the background.

As they spun, Reiner would find himself approached by a pair of Pokemon: a Beheeyem and an Ambipom, both with small stuffed Hideo toys under their arms. Both recognized him, approaching and asking what he was up to.

Ride at least one carnival ride