[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]What might seem like an anxiety-inducing eternity to Reiner is but a step in time for Eris and Mesprit. Fast as the ride might spin, all fun rides eventually lose their momentum and come to a grinding halt. Perhaps, it's this realisation that nearly causes Mesprit to fling themselves off the ride to get back into the line, a problem easily circumvented by how quickly Eris grabs onto the pixie as she waits until they're given the green light to climb out.[break][break]

On the other hand, Reiner is momentarily distracted by the presence of familiar faces, dipping his head as his tail points towards the kids spinning around. He's busy, or so he might say, busy watching over the chaotic whirlwind of a trainer he has. But just to be polite, he nudges his head towards the Hideo plushies, grunting as he wonders just where they've won those from.[break][break]

"Reiner! Over here!" She calls out and he answers back with a sharp bark, looking over just in time to see her step out of the teacup and nearly stumble over her own two feet as the dizziness strikes. Their answers can hold for a moment (though he does apologise with a light rumble), the Luxray taking the biggest strides right over to grab hold of her by the collar and pick her up like a newborn kitten.[break][break]

"You should've gone on it too, Reiner! It goes REAL fast!" She giggles at him and oh, how he rolls his eyes at her. Not even Mesprit's chipper squeaks can goad him into it. "C'mon! Just one ride! Any ride!"[break][break]

Yeah, he'll ride along when she learns to be more responsible, he snorts. A look is shot over to Hideo and the poor Uxie buried into his side, his purr muffled by a mouthful of Eris' jacket. Perhaps, they should try one of the less exhilarating rides next?

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme || outfit

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 22:15:28 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The two Pokemon took a look at the spinning cup, spotting the pair and their disguised partners quickly. The Ambipom cheered them on, encouraging them to go even faster, even if the only two who could understand her were the ones struggling to not fly off. The Beheeyem was tempted to lend a hand and help keep the pixies down, but saw they were handling it just fine on their own.

Instead, he answered Reiner's question: the Ambipom won them from a ring-throwing game, where she had to toss a ring onto a Dugtrio. Twice. She'd only gotten a chance because a Pokemon was manning the booth - and they were booted from it the moment the human carnie came back to man it, with two prizes in tow.

He wished she could've won more.

The ride soon came to a stop, the two children exiting the teacups - clumsily. Hideo was even more disoriented, stumbling around. The Ambipom handed her plushie to the Beheeyem, rushing over to help him before he stumbled into someone.

"Pom?" he asked as he was led off the ride, clinging closely to a disoriented-looking "Ralts". "I didn't know you were here too." A small Telepathic *ping* notified him Elga was here too. "You too, huh. Well, you guys can join us!"

There were no objections out of them.

Hideo excitedly nodded as Eris wanted more. "Yeah, 'nother ride!" Uxie did not look happy at that prospect, looking over towards the Beheeyem. A brief moment of mental begging, and the Beheeyem prompted Hideo towards a different, less intense ride.

"Ooh! Elga says there's one of those up-and-down rides! Think he means those Drop Towers! Wanna try it?"

Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 0:48:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Her legs really don't feel like her own but the feeling will eventually go away, right? Instead, she smiles at Elga and Pom, briefly eyeing just what plushies they carry. 2 more of those smaller Hideo's... well, at least they'd have company wherever they were staying. And Reiner seems far more interested than she'd ever expect -[break][break]

Little does she know, he's actually considering whether he should take a shot at the Dugtrio Ring Toss too. If Pom can do it, so can he, right? Though... how exactly should he throw a ring?[break][break]

"Awh well! The gang's all here!"[break][break]

Of all those present, Eris is probably the only one capable of seeing and clearing up the misunderstandings brewing. The way that Uxie clings, the ride that Elga points to and the way Hideo interprets it all. And yet, Mesprit readily sweeps it all away with waves of excitement, chirping at the other pixie as if teasing them about how much of a chicken they are.[break][break]

"I'm down if you're down!" Clearly, she'd be getting on Uxie's bad side but she'd honestly rather that over dealing with Mesprit's tantrum. And with a good old tugging of arms, she's steady enough to lead Hideo onto their next destination.

[break][break]

[break]
✧ Involve or reference a Dugtrio-Ring-Toss Game

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 2:19:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Balance does take time to regain, and Hideo doesn't have all of it back yet - but his Ambipom knows how to keep him guided, so he isn't twisting and falling over his own feet.

Uxie didn't have as much luck; the moment it let go, it spun around, trying to find balance with feet it barely used. It found the ground instead, face-first. It didn't even have the focus to properly argue with Mesprit, lazily waving an arm it Mesprit's general direction.

Luckily, Hideo was there to pick it up, holding it in his arms. "I'll give you a chance to rest," he said, "Elga can guide me around." Another arm raised by the disguised pixie - with a more approving connotation behind it.

"Now let's get on that Drop Tower ride!" He was once more led over by Eris, offering no resistance. His Ambipom held on to the doll he'd won, the Beheeyem following closely behind. And they'd quickly find the tall tower ride waiting for them.

But they'd find a complication once they got in line: there was a height minimum for humans and Pokemon. Hideo and Eris would be fine to ride - even a nonhumanoid like Reiner would be able to ride. The "Ralts" and "Mimikyu", however, would be too short to ride.

Not that Uxie was planning to - it hadn't wanted to go on the ride. Not because it was being a weenie (which is made sure Mesprit was certain of), but because its Illusion wouldn't be compatible with a harness. Mesprit's disguise might be awkward too.

"Hm…maybe they could play something else while we're on this?" Hideo asked aloud. "They could do something quick, like a fishing game?" He was sure one of his Pokemon could supervise them while they did that.

Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 2:39:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When Uxie doesn't quite give them the fight they wanted, Mesprit begins to sulk, clinging tighter to Eris as they make some kind of gesture akin to blowing a raspberry at their sibling. They will not be denied, or so they believe until they're met with the reality of height limitations.[break][break]

The effect is almost instantaneous, the pixie launching into an otherworldly screech that startles both Eris and Reiner. And they begin flailing around, indignance overflowing as they growl and chitter at the poor carny. Panic takes over. Eris tries her best to hold the Mimikyu back (which really isn't that hard given their size), casting a glance in Hideo's direction as Reiner hurriedly leads them away.[break][break]

It seems that not even Magikarp fishing can soothe this tantrum.

[break][break]

[break]
✧ Be a troublesome customer

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 23:17:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
In the wake of Mesprit's tantrum, came a deep sigh from Uxie. It muttered about how embarrassing the whole situation was, telling its sibling there was nothing they could do without blowing their cover.

Hideo was forced to follow (more out of social obligation), trying to think of some way to calm Mesprit down. He had a feeling he couldn't just rely on Elga to resolve it like with most tantruming Pokemon at his Gym, so he'd have to make a solution himself, to keep things from spiraling out of control.

Uxie pointed his attention towards a food stand. An ice cream stand. "Good catch," Hideo muttered, catching up closer to Eris and her group.

"You guys wanna get some Ice Cream? I just heard there's a pretty good one nearby." He had no idea what they actually had there or if it was actually good, but he was just aiming for de-escalation.

Help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 3:40:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Uhm, sure..." With the cause of problems in her arms, Eris feels just that little bit of guilt at the moment being ruined. And so she leads the way, trying her best to avoid the curious gazes thrown their way. "I can pay for it?"[break][break]

To make up for things, she means. Just as she pulls out several coins from her pockets, Mesprit goes silent, their hands tapping against her wrist as they point towards a single person within the crowd. Held within their hands are countless strings, all leading the eyes up to the various balloon pokemon floating about. Amidst them is a Sprigatito with a strangely crooked face, and Mesprit clearly wants it just for that.[break][break]

Sighing, she makes that quick detour, slipping up to the carny and handing him a coin in exchange for the balloon. Mesprit is quick to grab the line offered, but Eris will make sure to avert a future crisis by taking one end of the string and tying it around the pixie's wrist.[break][break]

"Are you done throwing your tantrum now?"[break][break]

Their chirp rings a rather definitive no.[break][break]

"Alright then, ice cream it is."
[break][break]

[break]
✧ Buy a Balloon Pokemon

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 13:23:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo had gotten a lot of practice helping calm children down at his Gym, and the same tactics applied to a lot of less mature Pokemon as well: distract them with something else they liked. And Hideo knew Mesprit (and Eris) like Ice Cream.

As those two sought out a Balloon, Hideo went to the Ice Cream stand. The first order was for himself and Uxie, the two getting the chocolatiest chocolate that they had available. After that was for Elga and Pom, who both insisted on getting some ice cream themselves; the former got vanilla while the latter got mint chocolate chip.

As for Eris and Mesprit, Uxie thankfully filled him in on what flavor they'd prefer. He got a cone for each; hopefully it'd be enough to calm Mesprit down.

( can decide what flavors they are)

With his own team Ice Cream'd up, he brought over the cones to Eris and Mesprit - courtesy of his Beheeyem holding them in the air for him Psychically. "Hope this helps," he said, offering them their respective cones.

Offer a carnival treat to someone else

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 14:33:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Strawberry and the odd choice of cereal milk are the two flavours picked out, the latter promptly grabbed by Mesprit as they chomp right down on it. A guilty frown tugs at Eris' lips, but she still tries her best to turn it around for his sake.[break][break]

"I could've paid for it." A few notes are taken from her pocket, his free palm pulled open so she can place them there. And Reiner will sneak in as she does so, taking a bite of her ice cream and grunting as just how sweet it is. "Thanks though..."[break][break]

Despite the giant chunk missing from her own treat, Eris will pay no mind as she looks around for something else to do.[break][break]

"Do you wanna let them explore a mirror maze?"[break][break]

Them being their pokemon. In particular, the lake guardians with whatever experiences they might not have had.
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 19:13:49 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo shook his head. "You already got those cinnamon pretzels for us. My turn to treat you." He tried to resist Eris's payment, but alas, she pried his hand open and pretty much forced him to accept it. He pocketed the notes, enjoying the chocolate he'd gotten for himself.

As everyone and their mons enjoyed their treats, Eris pointed out another potential activity - a mirror maze. "I'm better at mazes than you'd think," Hideo bragged, "and a mirror maze's tricks wouldn't work on me!...though I do gotta wonder how well they'll do at one."

He knew Uxie was smart - but would that help in a maze? Uxie seemed willing to take a shot at one, gobbling down its ice cream as quickly as it could (without getting brain freeze), urging Hideo to take it to one of the mirror mazes. "It's a yes on this end!"

Uxie was ready to hop off Hideo and waddle its way into a maze - whether Mesprit wanted to join it or not. And maybe it threw in a small taunt of its own, asking if Mesprit thought it'd get lost forever in the maze and would be too scared to join in.

Though as Uxie would find out quickly, the house of mirrors was much tougher to navigate than they'd expected.

Get lost in the house of mirrors

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 5:22:49 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Stubbornness is in her blood and had refused to take the money, she would eventually have found some way to slip them. Thankfully, she doesn't have to rack her brains on the matter, the corners of her lips tugged up by the confidence that he exudes.[break][break]

Uxie's taunt does not go ignored, Mesprit growling as they grip tight onto Eris' arm. Then they bark sharply, wriggling out of her grasp to follow their sibling right in. There's no way they're scared! They're the one who presides over the domain of emotions! And what's so scary about getting lost? There's far too many ways to break out of the grasp of evil reflections if push ever comes to shove.[break][break]

On the other hand, Reiner looks to Eris and raises a brow as if to ask if this is really such a good idea. But she shrugs, holding onto his mane as she grabs ahold of Hideo's hand with her other.[break][break]

༻✦༺
[break]

Raucous laughter fills the air as Mesprit tumbles around, pointing right at Uxie as they begin to mimic the taunt about getting lost forever in the maze. Reiner has a paw over his eyes, shaking his head as he lets out a long sigh whilst Eris merely watches on with raised brows.[break][break]

"Wasn't exactly expecting things to go this way."
[break][break]

[break]
✧ Get lost in the house of mirrors

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 19:35:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Uxie's illusion pouted, matching the expression hidden under the illusion. It had been confident that it could solve this maze without using its powers; seeing without sight couldn't be tricked by mirrors.

But it was still a maze, a fact it made sure to say to the taunting Mesprit.

------

"Sounds like they're having fun there," Hideo said, the raucous laughter and arguing easy to hear (even if he couldn't understand the actual arguing). "Glad it's gotten Mesprit to calm down, at least. I feel lucky that all I gotta deal with Uxie doing is eating all my snacks."

Though he couldn't see it, Uxie did start to utilize a trick to find a way through the maze: it placed its hand against one of the mirror walls, following along. It wasn't a very exciting technique, nor was it a fast one, but it was a reliable one to avoid getting lost in circles.

Or in whatever shape this maze was in. It also helped avoid running into a mirror on accident; Uxie didn't want to break its illusion.

In time, Uxie would find its way back to Hideo and Eris, though would it take a while. Was its slow and steady technique enough to get here before Mesprit?

Successfully find your way through the house of mirrors

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 7:35:12 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh, you have no idea." She groans, planting her face right into her palms as she sighs. "That headaches I get when they get angry, or all that anxiety... And I can't just ignore them because they'll make more problems for me."[break][break]

It was like taking care of a heavy-hitting cat on steroids, terrifying in many aspects.[break][break]

Meanwhile, Mesprit busies themselves by throwing taunts at Uxie, bravely slapping a mirror only to realise that there was none as their shadowy claw swipes through thin air. A light snort from Reiner is met with a shrill cry, the pixie huffing as they turn about and begin waddling away. Unlike Uxie and its methodical way, Mesprit decides to follow their gut instincts and simply take a turn whenever they feel like it.[break][break]

Funnily enough, they don't quite find themselves walking in circles. And as Eris makes sure to follow close behind, she'll notice just how far they seem to be from the entrance, the calls of carnies trying to attract customers noticeably absent amidst all their footsteps. When Mesprit turns the next corner, their squeals and excitable little hops tell her all.[break][break]

They had actually managed to find the exit.
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:30:11 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Uxie grumbled at Mesprit's taunts, taking a chance to shoot one back as Mesprit slapped open air. It didn't move any faster, even as Mesprit went off on its own, sticking to its own simple, slow method.

"Yeesh. Didn't know Mesprit does stuff to you. Uxie just pushes me to try out new stuff a lot, but they don't give me headaches over it." Though Uxie did go out and do stuff on its own sometimes, it still hadn't done anything to hurt him, intentionally or not

Not that he knew of.

The moment they emerged from the maze, Uxie clung to Hideo, the boy kneeling down to let the little pixie back onto his shoulders. "That's usually how I gotta solve mazes," Hideo said. "It's even harder for me to know if I'm stuck going in circles. Even outside of mazes."

He patted Uxie on the head, grinning, though Uxie still seemed unhappy with its performance. "Well, we could always try again another time so you can practice."

Though before Hideo could suggest another activity, he felt his phone ringing. "Dammit," Hideo muttered, bringing his phone up to his ear - the phone reading out the time.

"Think I gotta head back to my Gym now," Hideo said. "Gotta help set things up for when the festival comes by Littleroot. I had a lotta fun hanging out with you, Eris! Maybe we can hang out again when it's there!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Focus on Festivities (M)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 5:56:22 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Well, not on purpose, I don't think." She murmurs, sparing the pixie a brief glance over. "What they stand for... Emotions are... explosive, hard to control, you know?"[break][break]

And she'd never needed Mesprit's help to understand what a merciless, heartrending storm it was.[break][break]

"Huh? Oh, right. Duties and all that jazz, huh?" A brief ringing and his explanation breaks her out of it, a soft smile tugging at her lips as she scoops a gleefully gloating pixie into her arms. Reiner slinks up beside her, giving Hideo a light growl and a nod. "Make sure to clear your schedule one of those days and it'll be a promise!"