lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 2:45:08 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

it's not every day where she meets a kindred soul. [break][break]

a kindred soul, in the form of a woman who loves the recent mythology as much as she does. her knowledge of spatial distortions is insultingly slim, but the mention of any sort of experimentation can bring her out of her work, and out of her own make-shift lab in her own apartment. [break][break]

it's a normal day in hoenn - save for all the reports and injured that came around this route. there was word of distortions, still, and it looks like they never really stopped.[break][break]

marisol's lips curl into a smile as a pleasant breeze blows on by, and dual-toned eyes glance over her shoulder and to the albino woman who walks alongside her. "it should be around here" she hums, hands held together with fingers pressed into a tent "there've been reports of sudden distortions on this route. many people have come to the pokemon centre injured because of them."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

mission: surviving space-time

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 16:31:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"how many have been reported?"

how many have yet to come screaming into existence, newfound birth still clinging to their edges?

a kindred spirit, another mind following a similar path as her own... she hopes this time, perhaps, they'll end in a different place. no consequences, no failures, just success providing rushes of dopamine.

and around them, the unknown beckons. distant thunder rolls all around them, echoing, tempting.

"it seems close... it may form within minutes."

if not where they stand then a few feet beyond.

her eyes flicker to her companion, a new spark igniting red into focused life.

"are you ready?"

surviving space-time.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 19:20:24 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"at least six reports." accounting for those who see the distortion from the outside, and those who live to tell the tale. this unnatural phenomenon is vexing for the ordinary citizen, and it'd be nice if they could stop it. maybe then, she wouldn't have to work overtime. [break][break]

thunder booms and lightning crackles - it's similar to when she watched her zorua turn so feral after the shifting skies faded so many months ago. [break][break]

eyes of violet and sapphire narrow towards the sky, idly, before a small smile comes to her lips. a reciprocated spark of excitement lights in her, with this new flame and hunger ignited. [break][break]

"absolutely." [break][break]

is what she can say, before the breeze of calm can hit her. the storm arrives and soon, and they will be in the center of it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 2:32:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]six...

she hums. is the area around mauville growing more unstable by the day? or is it something else - something bigger than hoenn at play?

they're close, she can feel it. the shift in the air, the way the wind seems to slowly stutter into a chilling still.

"let's go."

into the great unknown, she wants to say, but it never makes it out of her throat. perhaps if it did, it would be swallowed up immediately by the rumbling thunder. lightning cracks seconds later and she's certain: the distortion is here.

purple walls of chaotic energy rise around them no more than five feet ahead of where they stand. the wind howls wild in their ears and she steps closer to marisol, voice rising in volume.

"we gotta keep moving!"

away from the center of it all - closer to the walls, they'll find answers.

surviving space-time.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 5:09:31 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

the heavens cry,[break]
but she ignores their wails. [break][break]

where she'll find fear, she finds exhilaration. when was the last time she's felt so excited to discover something new, and so excited to venture into the swirling darkness that rolls, soon to loom above them? if she weren't so used to hiding her expression, surely, she wouldn't be able to suppress the grin that threatens her lips. [break][break]

the distortion twists their surroundings, an almost dome-like shape encapsulating the two of them - and yet she can't make out just how far away the edge may be. many people caught in the crossfires will find themselves scrambling as lightning crackles and strikes the meadows, but curiosity will be what kills the cat. [break][break]

she glances back to illeana, heeding the words that are barely carried by the breeze and blocked by the roars. they have to run to the edge - but not to escape. [break][break]

so the nurse picks up the pace, legs taking her at a steady pace. even if this distortion is stuck with them, they need to take care for the beasts of another time suddenly appearing at a thunder's clap. [break][break]

"it shouldn't be too far, right?!" an occasional gaze up at the dome gives her answers, but it seems endless when another clap and another pokemon's cry echoes down the route. [break][break]

still, in this situation, she can't help but to chuckle briefly. it's the adrenaline running high.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 4:35:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]close yet far - here but not... they have their work cut out for them, perhaps.

she grins, unabashed and painted purple beneath contained chaos of a dome closing in. every flash of lightning illuminates the path a little further.

adrenaline keeps them going, keeps them moving toward unknown certainty, and she can't quite say this isn't the highlight of her day. each trip - accompanied or otherwise - holds a certain allure she cannot manage to find elsewhere. the feeling of her heart lurching into her throat and the chest heaving excitement that follows close behind... the high is unlike anything she's experienced. it's different than being thrown into near-death experiences, even, and try as she might, she has yet to find something (or someone) that comes close to providing the same sensation in her bones.

"it's close, i think!"

a little further...

she pushes through any residual exhaustion that might settle into the body, shoving it down for it has no place here.

and when they near the walls, she lets out a joyous laugh. it is greedily swallowed up by rumbling thunder.

"found it!"

she slows, then, to a quick halt and whips around to face marisol. the look in her eyes is feral, dancing through a concoction of emotions and refusing to settle in just one - from excitement to determination, it's all etched into red eyes like constellations mapping out a dream.

"now, i can show you what i've found so far if you'd like?"

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 21:53:09 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

it's a feast. [break][break]

they're welcomed in violet, with feral fangs that vie for knowledge twisting in their stomachs. this is the same distortion that has taken lives and arms, or legs, and marisol has been one of the few people to work with the aftermath. she shouldn't be so ecstatic, and the better part of her urges to be resentful. [break][break]

how weak is she when she gorges on gluttony? [break][break]

a spark - dead, now revitalized - watches as the crackling surface of a boundary roars at them. it threatens to remove them, as the shifting environment of peace just outside this hell twists like an illusion. a sigh escapes her lips when her eyes meet the edge and her smile can no longer be contained. [break][break]

there's so much energy in front of her, and yet she knows reaching out would do nothing but free her from this prison (but is it really a prison when she'd never want to leave?). [break][break]

it only feels right, despite the burning of her lungs and the panting that follows. beads of sweat drip from her brow when the air starts to settle in a heaving chest. dual-toned eyes of violet and azure gaze at the coat mixed of royals and crimson. "yes, please do." she finally speaks with a grin. [break][break]

she ignores the fatigue that threatens to build up by approaching the boundary, all to watch as it contorts like a one-way mirror. [break][break]

"i've never seen one up close before.." [break][break]

should she be scared? [break][break]

she's elated.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 2:25:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in a way, they're kindred spirits as they approach the chaotic, distorted edge. each step bubbles up, fueling the fire and adding further excitement. hair stands on edge. goosebumps rise like little tells and despite herself, illeana feels a grin split her lips until she's showing full teeth.

"perfect."

they'll begin, then.

two pokeballs are plucked from her belt and lazily opened, light spilling over from the containers as if it can no longer be contained. a discolored golurk joins them, then, and it towers over them with a stretching shadow. another form - smaller, but foreboding - joins a moment later and the unown blinks curiously at the scientist's companion. it winks, perhaps, if focused on, and the scientist steps closer to the edge.

"our first experiment..."

as if spurred on by voice alone, the golurk and unown release two moves in tandem with each other. both z-move: never-ending nightmare and hidden power strike at the same fixed point in the distortion's wall. the display of shadows, bestowed by ultra space itself, and an unown's mysterious power ends with a curious little thing: a pink cyclone-like energy that repairs the part of the wall that had been damaged beneath the attack.

it disappears as quickly as it comes, but she grins a little wider.

"it had produced that same pink energy the first time, too. beautiful - isn't it?"

divine, even.

surviving space-time.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 9:05:11 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

lovely. [break][break]

adrenaline is bound to die as the low settles in, but it does nothing to simmer the amusement and glow behind otherwise dead pupils. the distorted edge contorts and twists, as though in a shriek, rapidly working to repair itself before the surface is no different from the boundary of a bubble. their excitement and display of giddiness was akin to childishness - but was that really a bad thing?[break][break]

though she was acutely aware of the power of z-moves, and was slightly versed in where the energy came from, the sheer amount of power will leave anyone speechless - whether in marvel or in fear - of its destructive ability. the medic, for one, found it beautiful for all the goosebumps it gave her. "fascinating.." her eyes linger on the point of destruction, then point to the unown who floats near harmlessly by the albino trainer. [break][break]

she has so many questions; no amount of time could hold them. [break][break]

but she'll ask one at a time. [break][break]

"what was that?" she has to ask what, or she'll never understand how - but the temptation to skip steps the way her heart jumps beats gnaws at her chest.[break][break]

it was alive.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
[m] hypothesis
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 16:53:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]what was that...?

beauty, she wants to say. creation, she barely holds back. the only god i believe in now, she feels it on the tip of her tongue.

and yet, what comes tumbling out instead is a scientific reasoning - an explanation she's long since been sitting on since the first occurrence of this experiment.

"the distortion fighting to hold its shape."

she has always had a rather aggressive method of testing, of seeking out new discovery. she leaves claw marks in every scientific theory she conjures up.

"that particular cyclone seems to be spatial energy in particular. i suspect the structure of the distortion is spatial while the contents are temporal."

but, despite all of her trials and ideas, she cannot find the origin point. it eludes her even now, years in the aftermath of a single pink cyclone. she hopes, feebly, to one day find the cause...

surviving space-time.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights