Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
417 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
Shalin's Believe It or Not [M][CARNIVAL][C/Jack]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 21:48:31 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“Well, I at least have the land and water situation covered… though with the water it’s kind of a special case,” he chuckled sheepishly.

“I have a Tyrantrum, but he’s a bit of a bonehead when it comes to seeing shiny things. You know, like the ‘ooh, shiny’ thing all curious Pokémon get from time to time.”

And don’t get him started on the Man(tyke)!

“My aquatic ride isn’t exactly fully-evolved yet. I had to leave my Mantine behind when I left Alola. Shame I couldn’t get her back, so I have to train a new one all the way from scratch… have you tried Mantine Surfing, by any chance?” he asked offhandedly, mentally crossing his fingers.

He didn’t miss the introduction, either. After taking another bite from the corndog, he then held out his own hand in return.

“You can call me Jack. I’m from Alola, and I am just so bummed there’s no Mantine Surfing this year over here. Last year there was, but I was busy doing things back home and missed the surfing season…” he said with a sigh, before realizing that they still had time to kill for the day.

“…you want to run the obstacle course after we finish our food?” he offered.

+
+ used prompt: n/a

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 19:36:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Tyrantrum? They're a handful to raise," Shalin remarked, thinking about Regal, her own Tyrantrum that had been given the run-around. Ageos to Johto to Sinnoh, about everywhere one can think of. "I have one, too, but trying to get Regal here has been a nightmare. Sometimes I wonder if customs knows what they're doing." It may have been for the better; that Tyrantrum was one of the few Pokémon she had that could cleanly and consistently buck her off.

"I have," Shalin answered Jack's question, "but I'm not great at it. I know it sounds nitpicky, but I prefer the Pokémon you can easily sit on the backs of and control like a traditional mount, like a Rapidash." Had it already been a year since Slateport Splashfest? She wondered if she would ever see that Mantine again. "I've heard Mantine Surfing is pretty popular in Alola."

Shalin took Jack's suggestion with a nod. "Once we're done eating, absolutely! It is on the opposite side of the park, though," she pointed to a nearby directory. "We could hop on my bug Pokémon from the show if you want! And no, I won't ask you to ride on their wings," she joked, giggling hysterically afterward and causing the dozing Type: Null to blink. What was so funny?

{WC: 218}
{PC: 9}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill          Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
417 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 21:35:47 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“Oh, god, you have no idea how much of a colossal bonehead Gor can be—that’s the name of my Tyrantrum,” he added.

“Like, you expect all Tyrantrum to be big, scary, and noisy? Well… that’s only true for one of those three instances.”

(And no, it wasn’t the scary one, to boot!)

The moment she disclosed that she wasn’t as good as she was, another surprised look crossed his face.

“You? A Pokémon rider, not actually good at a particular specie?” he blinked.

No way. Come on, you’ve gotta be joking me.”

He continued to stare at her with surprise on his face.

Once he was done with his corndog, he then beat off the crumbs and made to throw away the paper sleeve and the stick in a nearby trash bin.

“Good you ain’t gonna make me do that, you might liquefy my brains if you did!” he cackled.

“Off to the obstacle course we go, then!”

+

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 0:20:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled at Jack's description of Gor the Tyrantrum. "Queen Zing's a lot like that, too," she related. "She's the Beedrill you saw at the show. She acts... the opposite of how you would expect one to act. Most Beedrill will just look angry and try to sting you. She'll give hugs, and she especially loves having guests in her saddle." How many times would her bluntly true, yet still unbelievable, interjections break poor Jack?

"The problem is the standing part," Shalin explained. "To be a Pokémon rider, you've got to have a lot of lower body strength and upper body flexibility. Mantine Surfing requires lower body flexibility, which I don't have as much of." She laughed hysterically a second time at Jack's completely expected response - way harder than she probably needed to. "Maybe if you get a Sygna Suit one day, you can join me on the wing!" she continued to joke, though she expected no one to ever be able to take her up on that offer. Every suit was unique and bestowed unique abilities depending on the bond they had.

"Indeed!" Making sure they were clear of people passing through, Shalin handed Jack a pair of earplugs, then sent out her Flygon and Beedrill from the show. The girl took a seat on her Sygna Pokémon's back, leaving the friendly Shiny Beedrill to crouch, prompting Jack to hop on if he wanted.

Regardless of travel arrangements, the duo would reach the obstacle course on the far side of the facility. There were three courses being offered: a "C" course, a "B" course, and an "A" course, of increasing difficulty, as well as increasing price. All three were timed, and there were daily as well as carnival-wide leaderboards. "How brave are you feeling?" she asked, Lathiel at last catching up to them.

ZnM3Bq8| Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 299}
{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
417 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 21:51:25 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“You’re not going to believe how much collateral damage Gor causes when he just wants to say hello,” he continued with a sigh and a roll of his eyes. “It’s like he a big-ass ball of sunshine in the completely opposite body of what you’d expect.”

Ah, that was where they were different.

“Well I’ll have you know I’m a semi-pro Mantine surfer,” he cackled a few moments later as he took the earplugs and made to get on the Beedrill’s back.

“I chose to travel out from Alola to seek bigger waves, and all that.”

In no time flat they were at the obstacle course, and he idly wondered just how much of his surfing know-how he could put to use across this. It wasn’t easy balancing on the back of a Mantine but there you were.

“Let’s go for the middle course first, then after the warm up… go big or go home? he dared the other with this shit-eating grin on his face as he began to stretch his legs upon arrival after popping out the earplugs, of course.

+

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 6:10:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With only one of them able to fit on the Beedrill, Shalin hopped on her Flygon's back, the two riders fluttering and flitting their way to the fair's far side, where the trio of courses awaited them. The lines were very short and moved quickly due to the courses' fairly short length. Once the duo had hopped off and their earplugs were out, Shalin withdrew both her Pokémon and registered for the mid-tier course. "What did you think of flying on her? Fun, isn't it?" she mused with a suggestive smile.

Even the "B" course they had signed up for had some daunting obstacles: a tire field, a cargo net, a short zip line, and two walls roughly their own height, the only help they would have getting over them being some thick, knotted rope. It tested primarily upper body strength, which her adventures had developed quite a bit. Though she was scrawny, she had a lot of strength to her!

While they waited to start the course, Lathiel's eyes roamed elsewhere, stoic, blank eyes fixed on the Legendary Carousel in the distance.

{WC: 184}
{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
417 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 17:40:51 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“It feels strange, and that’s saying something because of the constant vibrating!” he exclaimed. At least he spoke the truth about that.

To be honest, if you were someone who was born with an affinity for the water, taking to the air was rather difficult—especially if it wasn’t on the back of a Mantine…

Once he’d signed up for the middle course as well, all they had to do was wait until the people ahead of them were done—which wouldn’t take too long.

“Oh boy, here we go…” he said; mostly to himself as he would up his shoulders and prepared himself for a bout of running—

And off went the starting signal!

+
+ used prompt: run the obstacle course

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 1:23:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I think that's the most fun part!" Shalin chirped back, the shaking getting her adrenaline pumping like nothing else her Pokémon were capable of. Well... almost. There was one thing that got her blood pumping more intensely, and that was the day 's Venusaur flicked and flung her about in a way she'd never forget.

Once the starting signal went off, Shalin took off down the tire grid, losing her balance as she tripped once. Perhaps Jack would use this opportunity to take the lead! If he were a good climber, he might have been able to expand on that lead climbing the cargo net. Being a Pokémon rider, much of Shalin's strength was in her lower body, especially her thighs. They needed to absorb a lot of punishment, particularly when she was in her Sygna Suit! As she slid down the zip line, she scanned her surroundings to see where Jack was, trying to learn if she needed to make one last push during the Wall Climb...

m7YaV6vG Lathiel obedience check

{WC: 170}
{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
417 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:04:59 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Thanks to him and his penchant for balance (it came with being a surfer) he was able to clear most of the obstacles easy—the ones that involved running and moving around frequently with his legs, at least!

Hilariously enough, though, he was already at the Wall Climb—see, being Alolan didn’t just mean being a surfer, it also meant climbing tall trees for coconuts as well—and he did an impossible leap from one lower climbing stud to a higher one, looking like he was flying.

Thanks to his lower body strength, of course!

In no time flat he’d scrambled over the top and had hit the buzzer, signifying he’d finished the course, waiting for her to show up.

Whew, that was a run for the ages.

+
+ used prompt: win at least one carnival game

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 14:16:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Jack was already done by the time Shalin reached the Wall Climb. It took her several tries to fling herself up each wall enough to allow her meager upper body strength to get her the rest of the way, but she managed, stumbling at the end and striking the buzzer. Once they had left the course, Jack was asked to enter his name to be put on both the daily and the overall carnival leaderboards.

"You're... wow, you're fast!" Shalin huffed, an indicator of just how reliant she was on her Pokémon for travel. Though remaining balanced on her Pokémon through such extreme motion gave her incredibly lower body strength, her upper body was much more scrawny. It was an almost alien-looking contrast, like a martial artist that fought primarily with their legs. As she plopped down on a nearby bench, Lathiel gave the person next to her an uncomfortable stare, causing them to stand up and walk away.

YnfQ8yvL Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 161}
{PC: 13}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 23:51:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)