Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2023 21:47:39 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/873390743643906138/Rainy_Day_Cafe.mp3[/player]
He sighed as the restaurant's doors closed behind him, plucking his hat off his head to slap the droplets of water off his head.

Of course it would rain when he was trying to look presentable.

Turning his gaze over to the judgy looking maître d', he offered a smile.

"Good evening— I'm John Sullivan. Mr. Silph should be expecting me."

A brief moment of disbelief and a bow later, the young man was guided through the establishment until finally arriving at a more private space, looking around with a measure of curiosity before his gaze finally fell unto...

"Hoh!" John said, a smile appearing on his lips as he cocked his head, giving Fernando a very focused stare.

"Actually got most of your features right... Angelo's gonna disown me." He said to himself with a laugh, offering no explanation as he marched up to the table and rounded around, offering his hand. "Hello again, Mr. Silph!"

Had it been as long for the man as it had been for him?

Mission: Post Goodbye Galar

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2023 18:12:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERVIEW

POST GOODBYE GALAR

HIS COMMENT MISSES ITS MARK. if it’s a reference he’s suppose to get, it flies well over his head. but fernando does not let that perturb his expression. it goes unacknowledged, as if it was never audible in the first place.

he stands from his seat.

evening, sullivan.

hands are shook. a prompt reseat is had at a table that mostly empty. the exception is a cocktail fernando must have ordered while waiting and the odd movement of a red strip in the seat next to him.

i went ahead and ordered some items,” he says while motioning to the menu in front of doug. “feel free to add whatever perks your interest. the more the merrier.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 23:51:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

He observed the man's rise, his expert's handshake, and his descent back onto his seat.

"Oh! Thank you kindly!" He said with a smile as he sank back into his seat as well, grabbing the motioned menu and paging through its contents slowly.

Two more entrees were added to the list, before he closed the menu, gently pushing it away before turning a smiling face to Fernando.

The Main course could wait.

"It occurs to me: I don't think I ever asked— after our encounter at the hospital, I mean."

The things his brain chose to remember were strange.

Fernando Silph was among Hoenn's first veterans, and a man whom John had 'enjoyed' the displeasure of seeing grievously, horrifically injured more times than he would wish on anyone: Precisely once.

"How is your body feeling, Mr. Silph?" He asked.

His healing back then was —in the most literal sense— amateur work. If there were any side effects— well, treating them several months later wasn't ideal, but later was still better than never.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 20:21:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERVIEW

POST GOODBYE GALAR

“ADEQUATE,” is the best way to phrase it. lost somewhere in translation is the two differing ideas brewing between one another.

doug refers to the immediate past–ripe from the moment he had been robbed of his eye. but fernando has long seen past that short stint. acclimation is only natural. now, only guttural vengeance brews. short and stout.

the most pressing issue of his body is adjusting to his current state. galar may feel like a week ago but the memories of navigating a much more worn body are still fresh in his mind. his knees are more moldable then they had been before.

have you had issues with yours?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 16:46:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

"Understood." He said. "Do let me know if any complications arise."

He had a snowball's chance in hell of peering beyond the Silph mask, so he would just have trust Fernando on that one.

"Well, I did stumble a bit when I woke up, but in a good way!" He said cheerfully, smiling at the waiter as his drink arrived. He plucked it up, looking through the glass and its contents at his host.

"Sort of like... As if I had taken off a weighted vest." Beat. "... Aaand recovered from spinal stenosis."

Early onset arthritis was a b*tch. He would do his daily morning stretches like a good boy from now on.

"My hands ain't quite as deft as they used to be, but hey!" He said with a laugh, reaching over enthusiastically as the entrees he ordered arrived, plucking some finger foods. "I haven't felt this strong and spry in... well, forever!"

Croquette in hand, he casually slid it over his lips, biting the head and swallowing with an appreciative hum.

"Hmm... Maybe it's the excess energy—" He said. "Could be the fact I recognize almost no one at the base, too. Either way— I couldn't stay put there."

Thus, 3 months of leave.

"I don't remember all that much about Hoenn. I figured I should look around to jog back my memory." Thus, all the biking and traveling.

He gave the other man a smile.

"And you? How's your memory, Sir? Struggling like poor ol' me?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 3:27:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERVIEW

POST GOODBYE GALAR

“AH,” is all that doug is able to pry from fernando in response. he listens intently to the other, willing to let him fill in the silence with conversation and observation. it isn’t until the food is served that fernando takes his own silence as an opportunity to snack.

the first bite he takes is slow and methodological. careful to take an appropriate amount of crust and filling but small enough to savor the heat and flavor that comes from a modest bite. his eye even closes, momentarily, as the taste hits all his notes of approval.

a promising adventure, then,” announces a clear and empty throat. “i find my own memories quite vivid.

the red stripe between them suddenly fazes out of its COLOR CHANGE. the kecleon’s eyes spin in several circles before its tongue reaches for a serving of food.

clearer than my early childhood, at least.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 20:06:24 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

Doug almost jumped when Fernando finally offered a morsel of his thoughts on the topic— either that or the Kekleon suddenly phasing into existence gave him a heart attack.

"J-jeez..." He said, glaring playfully at the Kekleon before casually pushing one of his plates closer to the pokemon.

Turning his gaze back over to Fernando, he cocked his head slightly, curiosity rather obvious.

"Huh. What where you doing during all that time, sir?" He asked.

He couldn't imagine Fernando settling down and starting a family in Galar. His mind refused to conjure up the image as if it were a complete impossibility. An anti-canon event.

"Mr. Lopez founded the adventurer's guild. Dr. Morales became a queen; even Matias became a knight or something." He said with a grin, scratching at his chin as he stared up at the ceiling in remembrance.

"Miss Luka became a Queen too, but she concerned herself mostly with studying the stars."

Only time astrology would ever be taken so seriously.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 19:47:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERVIEW

POST GOODBYE GALAR

“PREPARING FOR WHEN WE GOT BACK,” he delivers, monotone, and free from a lifetime of resentment he had paved with his conviction. while the others played adventurer, found love, and grew into their roles, who had the foresight to think about once they succeeded? who spent years of dedication to make sure what they suffered there would be of some use once they escaped?

none of them.

i spent every day reciting and documenting the information i learned so i would not forget it as i aged,” he punctuates with a clean slice of his knife.

not quite as flashy as everyone else, i suppose.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 16:44:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

Doug could only stare at the councilman in stunned silence, slowly cocking his head.

"What made you so sure we would come back?" He asked after a moment.

Had Fernando known the nature of their bondage from the very beginning?

"If you had been wrong... you would've had wasted your life."

Had he stuck to a mission he had self-assigned due to sheer stubbornness and habit?

Or... was it simply 's iron will?
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 6:18:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERVIEW

POST GOODBYE GALAR

“WE WERE PROMISED AN ESCAPE,” he says, “as long as we could meet the criteria for the realm.

the exact details are hazy, and grow fuzzier with each passing day, but the premise still bears strong in his memory. that’s the difference between those who lived their life and those who spent it repeating the same stories day after day.

what would be the point of our struggle if we did not expect to succeed?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 14:54:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

"Yeah, and then we killed the pokemon making those promises by turning him into Kebab." He said wryly— perhaps a piece of data Fernando wasn't aware of.

Who was he kidding; by this point, the man probably had a myriad of reports on his desk.

"Point... Hm. I stayed on task for about... two, three years? At about the time I started learning medicine, I stopped thinking about it." He admitted. "I think for those of us who weren't sure about our escape, it just became about adapting and surviving."

People all around the globe struggled to survive; some to continue a meager, barely subsistent life style. Humans didn't need to logic a reason to continue living. More often, they logic'd their way out of it.

"At about the 10 year mark though, when the poison receded, it seemed as though things might actually be progressing." He said, leaning his chin onto his palm. "It got me back on track."

He wondered how closely the events on his world matched his.

"Was the timeline inside the sword similar to the shield?"

From the few things he had read prior to going into leave— they hadn't blown up a statue and killed Calyrex themselves, so— kudos to them.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 17:12:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERVIEW

POST GOODBYE GALAR

“INDEED,” he mulls, eyes closed, enthralled by the taste in his mouth. for all their talk of galar, none of it compares the lack of flavor in the realm to the extravagance of this world. even mediocre junk food is jam packed with saturated seasoning.

something as simple as salt goes a long way.

which opens a question then, sullivan: will you give up your role as champion in as little as two years when things become bleak?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 19:16:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

He stared at the other man blankly, mouth slightly open as he processed.

"My what?" He said eloquently, blinking at Fernando owlishly.

L o a d i n g . . .

"Oh!" He said, bopping the side of his head. "Oooh! Right! That's what this meeting was about! I didn't really question it when I saw it on my calendar."

He hadn't seen Fernando in over 20 years— any chance to catch up was a good one, whatever the reason for their meeting might be.

"Hmm... No. I know what I want to do now— nothing can ever make me feel as lost and purposeless as I felt back then." He said confidently... before his face blanked, tongue sticking out.

"I'm not really interested in being Top Champion anymore, though? I'm a doctor now." He said, crossing his arms over his chest with furrowed brows, humming thoughtfully.

"I challenged when I did because I heard she was retiring... I wanted to face the elite 4 at its strongest."

He leveled a hand with his face, waving it.

"Uh, not to disparage or anything; I didn't know he was her successor at the time. Anyway!"

He pursed his lips, raising a brow.

"Do I need to have some lofty goal or reason to challenge the Elite 4 now? 'Cause, uh. I don't." He said bluntly.

"I'm just here to prove I'm the best."

Like no one ever was. The Kanto-Grindset lived on.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 10:06:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERVIEW

POST GOODBYE GALAR

“INDEED,” he says with a slice of his knife, “there need not be a reason more than self satisfaction to measure oneself against the region’s best.

he stares at his next bite. perfectly cut. a sizable morsel, easy to swallow.

but that does not require a champion assessment or designation to have such a battle, no? i assume you’re fine with battling them for battle’s sake?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
INTERVIEW [Fernando/M]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 19:15:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

INTERVIEW

Oh boy, a date with !

"No." He replied bluntly, slowly lowering his fork to the plate. "I am not."

He stared into his plate briefly, shaking his head.

How frivolous and cowardly would that be, to waste the Elite 4's scant free time with unofficial, off the record matches?

"That wouldn't prove anything." He said. "Other than the fact that I'm spineless."

He reached for his drink, bringing it closer.

"You're right in that it's pure self-satisfaction. Ego tripping, even." He said. "Yer underestimating my standards, though."

He raised the drink to eye level

"The whole region's gotta see it. A record's gotta be made. A legal certificate stating I that whooped 's ass has gotta be on hand." He said, before cocking his head and grinning wide. "That or a million poketube videos showing me getting stomped."

Could definitely happen. Hoenn's current Elite 4 had no easy targets amongst it, and the Champion was the strongest in Hoenn's, possibly the world's, history.

But that only made it all the more worth it. He didn't have to travel far and wide to prove he was the very best, like no one ever was.

After a moment of maintaining his bravado, he finally smiled sheepishly, scratching at his cheek.

"Think of it as a... mummified teenage dream." Juvenile for sure— even more so now that he couldn't just excuse himself by being 19. "I don't think the league's hurt one way or another, is it?"

If he won, he was just living up to the promising potential he had shown the region back in 2021. If he lost... he was neither particularly important, notorious or infamous to the public at large.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights