Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Mirror Mirror, On The Wall [M] [Carnival]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2023 7:39:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"NOOOOOOOOO!" Howard fell to his knees in defeat and cradled his head in his hands. He couldn't believe this was happening. He was getting lost in a the house of mirrors. Whoever the designers were needed a raise and a pat on the back. They also needed to be dragged out behind the house of mirrors and shot, because there was such a thing as doing a job too well.

And, Howard was said to begrudgingly admit, they had done it. He was lost.

"Call the fire department! Call the rangers! Call the champion! The Elite Four! Anyone!" Howard's shouts were echoing through the mirrors, making a massive racket. It wouldn't be particularly hard to find him, given the reflections on the mirrors themselves. It was supposed to be an easy adventure, but he had actually gotten lost!

No. It would not end like this. Howard stood up. He swallowed.

"I'm gonna find my way out of this, or my name isn't Howard Slayte!" The archaeologist walked off in a direction.

...before promptly hitting a mirror.

STAMP GET: Get lost in a hall of mirrors!

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 7:08:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Not all who wander are lost. Sometimes, they're just having a bit of mindless fun; just like how Eris finds great joy in making funny faces at the mirrors and trying to make Reiner laugh. But in the end, his refined sense of humour prevails, a quick eyeroll indicating his thoughts as he growls at Eris to follow.[break][break]

Or well, keep close lest they end up being separated in this mirror maze and running into the supposed ghouls of this attraction. In fact, she can even hear them right now, their horrible howls echoing through the halls as they cry for anyone. For the sane, this surely is something to be avoided, attempting to talk to such a manic stranger could result in quite the troublesome situation.[break][break]

But Eris is anything but truly sane and with Reiner by her side, she is an emboldened adventurer on a mission! Navigating the halls through the proper use of reflections, she soon stumbles across the distressed soul crashing right into a mirror. And she'll watch for a bit, before finally daring to approach with a bright smile and an open palm.[break][break]

"Hello, mister? Are you lost too??"

[break][break]
[break]
✧ Get lost in a hall of mirrors
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 7:42:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Eek!" Howard let out a shriek that was closer to Eris's pitch than his own. To his credit, it was an excellent Eris impression. If Howard was auditioning for an Eris Halla impression, the judges would've given him a 9.5 out of 10 on the Erisometer. It didn't take long for Howard to retain his composure—maybe half a second—and return to normal.

"No, of course not!" Howard beamed at Eris with absolute confidence. "What's a house of mirrors compared to walking to the bathroom at night without turning the lights on? I'm simply..."

He couldn't say anything too embarrassing, especially in front of a thirteen year old kid! He had a public image and sense of dignity to maintain. If he lost it here and now, he would throw himself into the pond that the Magikarp Fishing Game was hosted at and drown to death. It was a vastly preferable fate to admitting that he was lost in a freaking house of mirrors.

Especially when someone as young as Eris was involved, even if Eris did have Reiner along for the ride. Maybe it was her parents' Pokémon! Such a little girl couldn't be too threatening?

Right?

"Performing an act! For the carnival. The organizers were hoping I would do a bunch of scary noises to freak out people passing through." Howard took a knee to reach Eris's height. "Did it work? Were you scared? Frightened? Mortified? Utterly frazzled?

STAMP GET: Play a part in a carnival performance.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 5:33:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Sometimes, she really does admire how some people can hit those notes. Then she thinks about it again and realises, it'd probably hurt her throat quite a bit to try and do the same. And so despite the dramatic display of confidence, she will merely raise a brow at his performance, looking to Reiner for a second opinion and finding that he would like nothing more than to drag her as far away from this weirdo as possible.[break][break]

And so he does, tugging at her arm with his tail as he stands protectively in front of her.[break][break]

"You sounded like you were in genuine distress so I thought I'd come over to help..." Her voice lowers, the girl seemingly lost in thought as she allows her gaze to wander. Judging by the lighting arrangement and the reflections around them, the exit really shouldn't be that far... And she roughly remembers which side she's entered from, so once she's gathered her bearings, she signals for Reiner to follow and waves goodbye.[break][break]

"Well, if nothing's wrong then I guess I'll be on my way? Good luck, Mister Performer!"
[break][break]
[break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 7:10:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Wait! Waiiiiiiit!" Howard said as he got to his feet and followed Eris, almost clonking his head on a mirror as he did so. "I was lying! I'm lost, really lost. I don't actually work here. Could you imagine the pay they'd give to scream in a hall of mirrors? It'd be next to zero!" Howard took a deep breath, before looking down glumly.

"I know my exact position! I'm one hundred and fifty steps from the entrance, sixty two steps to the left. I figured I'd get myself lost to see if I could get myself out of a sticky situation. But..." Howard slumped down and tapped his bandaged eye. "I don't have any depth perception. All the mirrors look the same!"

The man wilted even further, as if his soul had evaporated completely. Admitting this to a young girl was absolutely humiliating, but if Howard yelled and a ride operator came in to find him, they'd laugh in his face, scold him, then throw him out of the house with his pride left out to dry. If he could get Eris to help him, that would at least let escape with two of those things.

"So can I team up with you? I'm no 'Mister Performer', either! I'm Howard Slayte, archaeologist extraordinaire! Howard struck a pose that was thoroughly lame.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 23:05:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Oh, he really was lost. Well, not that she had really believed his bit. But Reiner seems rather disturbed by his presence and so too will she, nodding slow as she makes sure to keep a few steps in away from him.[break][break]

"So since you're also an archaeologist, mister. Have... you considered resting a hand on a mirror and using that to figure out the walls?"
[break][break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 0:46:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"But if I do that, I'll smudge up the mirrors! What if they send me back in with window cleaner and force me to scrub down each mirror?" Howard shuddered in fear as he envisioned the community service he'd have to do in service to the carnival. What if they didn't have any window cleaner, and he had to run over to the Magikarp Fishing Game, steal some water, and run back here?

His pride was already in shambles. Could he really allow it to sink that low? No, absolutely not. He'd rather throw himself off a cliff.

"I've got it!" Before Eris could blink, he was standing tall and beaming down at her and Reiner. "What if I buy you a cinnamon roll or something if you lead me out? A pretty fair deal, if I do say so myself! They're pretty tasty!"

Despite his beaming smile, Howard was internally screaming. Pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes...

STAMP GET: Mention the Magikarp fishing game!

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 4:39:45 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Oh. I thought you were just scared of falling through them into the alternate dimension. Well, I guess that makes sense."[break][break]

She won't look back, more than happy to use his volume and mirror reflections as an indicator of just how close he might be. And as she does so, she'll tap on a mirror, internally amused by the way that they seem to ripple under her touch through a faint psychic touch of the lightings above.[break][break]

"I can't have that many snacks... but maybe I'll do it if you win me a pretty Magikarp from that fishing game?" She's sure that she can see her in the mirror, the way she tries to stifle her laughter from the way he acts. "One of my eyes don't work that well. I can get out of places like this just fine but catching fishies is kinda hard, y'know?"
[break][break]
[break]
✧ Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 8:44:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Dimensions? In the mirrors?" He looked at Eris with a mixture of skepticism and worry. Was she punking him? Was this one of those Funtasia Social Experiments he had heard so much about? Howard frowned at the mirror, before peering closer at it, as if expecting the mirror to ripple like a portal. Instead, his forehead hit the mirror with a dull thunk. "Ow!" Howard yowled, reeling back before grinning. "Juuuuust kidding! My head's very hard, see."

Eris drove a hard bargain. Howard was decent at the elusive Magikarp Fishing Game. Plus, it was cheaper to play in something rigged than it was to buy someone a cinnamon roll. Plus, it wasn't like Howard could tell her no! Eris was so small and innocent, after all!

"You've got yourself a deal, little lady!" Howard took off his hat and did a mock bow. "Lead the way!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 5:11:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]If how easily he falls for her trick isn't worrying enough, does she now have to worry about him having a possible concussion? Well... she's not trained to deal with it so out comes her phone from her pocket, a quick message shot to the person right at the top of her list.

hey what do you do if someone hit their head really hard? there's this weird man who did just that and he's following me around right now

Much better than worrying over something unimportant, right?[break][break]

"So, why did you enter this maze if you don't have any depth perception or something?" Continuing on with Reiner by her side, she takes a sharp right to avoid walking right into another mirror. "If you wanted to prove how brave you were, you should've gone to a haunted house or maybe show off at that mechanical Tauros ride? Did you get tricked into a dare, Mister?"
[break][break]
[break]
✧ Involve or reference a Taurus-Rodeo Game.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 8:32:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I wanted a challenge!" Howard beamed at her with a bright expression. An expression that quickly melted into horrror. "Plus, I'm banned from the Tauros-Rodeo for life."

The Tauros Rodeo Incident (2023) was a historical event that would never be spoken of again. The Tauros Rodeo involved screaming, explosions, and using Cosmic Power on a mechanical bull. Howard knew one thing: he could never return to the Tauros Rodeo without several layers of clothing, a new identity, and an emotional support Shirley to hold onto.

Frankly, it was the third worst moment of his life.

"Eh? No, no dare. Only terrible regrets." Howard looked in a mirror, only to see he had become as white as a sheet and was shaking. "Guh... What happened? Are we lost?" Howard stammered towards Eris, before trembling even more. "We're never gonna get out of here!"

As Howard experienced the regrets of Tauros Rodeo mixed with a mental collapse, they reached a corner. To the right was something truly incredible:

The exit.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 1:43:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Banned... Wait, banned? If it weren't for Reiner watching her every step, she might just have tripped over herself in how sharply she comes to a stop. She'd heard rumours from the ride attendants, things that had promptly earned her sheepish looks when they realised she was listening in on the spice.[break][break]

Surely not, she thinks. Look at the state of this man! He seems rather incapable of handling himself, he's struggling to talk about strange (possibly hallucinated events), and he's... having an emotional breakdown?[break][break]

"I- uhm... there, there?" She doesn't even know where to start with this, cautiously moving on to offer him a pat on the back. "The exit's... we're literally looking right at the exit, y'know? We made a deal, remember? I said I'd get you out and here we are!"[break][break]

But just in case, she takes a moment to open up those texts once more.

so he kinda started crying? about stuff? i didn't punch him i swear! he just started crying and i don't know if it's because he hit his head too hard?? what do?

[break]
✧ Successfully find your way through the house of mirrors

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 8:38:52 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Cosmic Power... Explosions..." Howard muttered to himself as he continued suffering through his traumatic flashbacks. Upon looking up and realizing they were at the exit, his expression quickly melted away and he returned to a relatively normal demeanor. He was a grown adult, and didn't need to be consoled by a little girl all of the time. Only sometimes.

"You did it, little lady!" Howard beamed at her as they exited the hall of mirrors. It didn't take long for them to find the game Eris had been mentioning. Howard nodded and scratched his chin. "Oof. Yeah, Magkiarp fishing is rigged in a thousand different ways. The rod is slippery, the string too delicate, and the Magikarp too heavy... Hey! Who are you texting?" Howard leaned in, before shrugging. It couldn't be that important. Maybe she was just telling her parents that a cool stranger was going to utterly ace a rigged carnival game.

The game had a prize counter to the side, featuring Magikarps of all shapes and colors. There was even a Shiny Magikarp plush available, though nobody had been skilled enough to claim it. "Which one do you want, little lady?" He asked Eris.

STAMP GET: Successfully find your way out of the hall of mirrors!

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 2:17:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Had it not been for her recognising just how volatile she was when remembering things, she might just have been unnerved by just how goes from the deepest ends to a perfectly calm demeanor. But since she's also seen how many others react to such a situation, she takes to her phone once more -

he suddenly stopped crying?? he doesn't seem all that stable? i don't know if i should leave him alone 'cos what if he disturbs someone else? or IUNNO? EXPLODES SOMEONE?? he keeps talking about explosions and that's kinda sus right? we're going magikarp fishing, so should i call security while he's busy??

"I was just texting my brother where I'm going!" She smiles, quickly pulling her screen away before he can take a peek. On a rather technical level, she isn't lying. "He likes Magikarps, y'see? So I wanted to know which one I should get!"[break][break]

That part is a bold-faced lie, but she barely bats an eye as it rolls right off her tongue.[break][break]

"What about... the calico one? That one's kinda cute!"[break][break]

With how rigged this game is set up to be, he'll probably be here for a while, right? At least, until she gets some sort of advice on how to handle this mess.[break][break]

[break]
✧ Help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue (ON A SECRET MISSION CONTAINING THE THREAT KNOWN AS HOWARD SLATE)

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,829 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 22:46:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Oh, that's understandable! Your big brother must mean a lot to you!" Howard beamed. If he knew about Eris's little crusade against him, he'd probably start breaking down again about how he didn't want to get arrested. Frankly, that wasn't worth the mental hassle.

Especially if he knew Eris's 'big brother' was . Howard had experiences with the sheriff of Dewford, though they included several Nihilegos, lots of screaming, overly expensive antidotes, and enough explosives to punch a hole in reality.

The only fun part had been the explosives.

"The calicos one?" Howard looked at it, then at her. His face was the same cheery mask as before, but Howard's soul cringed slightly. That was the lamest one! The best one was the Magikarp painted hot pink with racing stripes, but who was Howard to educate a young lady on taste?

As Howard deftly selected his fishing rod, he grinned at Eris and gave a thumbs-up. He would totally be here for several hours, given his lack of competence. Unfortunately for the ex-Rocket/sociopath/small child, Howard was the definition of 'vaguely useful skills that nobody had a reason to have'. That included Magikarp fishing.

You didn't write an entire thesis in cursive if your fingers weren't made of steel.

Ding! The game began. Eris would have to watch in a mixture of fear and horror as Howard began to pile up Magikarps with his fishing rod. It was all about the motions. The string for the fishing rod was weak and meant to snap, but if you maneuvered the string in such a way that it wasn't forced taut, it would never snap. Therefore, you could keep gathering points.

Hopefully Navy returned some advice soon, lest Howard clear out the entire game in a matter of minutes. This man was not human. He was some sort of spirit of Magikarp fishing who had gained human form and sentience, only to get lost in the hall of mirrors twenty feet from the exit.

"Muahahahahaha! I'm a god at this game!"

Scratch that. He was simply deranged.

STAMP GET: Play a Carnival Game (Second)