Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,352 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Fishing for Answers [M] [WOFF]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 2:53:54 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Despite the League's continued fascination with Granite Cave and the Ultra Deep Sea, Dewford town had, for the most part, returned to normal. Seaside summer festivals brought a vibrant, joyful energy to the island, a much-needed respite after what had been a stressful few months for the citizens of Dewford. Reports of dream mist and rampaging abominations had died down, replaced with the usual summer celebrity gossip and carnival chatter.[break][break]
All the same, the League government was up to something.[break][break]
The Seal Stone had been recovered by Rocket; what more was there to discover within the depths of the Ultra Deep Sea? This was the burning question eating at Nomi as she perused the sandy shores of Route 107, her Unown-A floating dutifully behind her. Above them, Petunia - Nomi's Pigeot - kept an eye out for any nearby wild Pokémon of interest. Nomi had specifically directed the bird to alert her if a Paradox Pokémon appeared. She had a feeling there were still some lurking about despite the overall decline in dream mist incidents.[break][break]
A sudden commotion caught her attention, and Nomi stopped to gaze across the beach. A boisterous musical performance of some kind - part of the TRAVELING FUNTASIA, she guessed - had started drawing a small crowd of people from the adjacent boardwalk. Nomi watched as a troop of colorfully-dressed musicians began to invite various children up onto the stage to join them in song and dance. It was a wholesome sight, which caused Nomi to smile, despite the serious nature of her thoughts concerning the League, the Ultra Deep Sea, and the fate of their region.[break][break]
"I guess it couldn't hurt to check out the carnival in a bit," she murmured to herself.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Cramorant Catch[break]
Outfit vibes (swimsuit, shorts + cover-up for investigating the sea route)[break]
+1 STAMP - Watch a carnival performance

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 0:51:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]transporting equipment to and from dewford's rift is, realistically, growing tiresome. trip after trip, she has little to show for it except the occasional glittering gem shoved into a satchel.

and, unfortunately, each trip has left her with more questions than answers: where are the new discoveries? is the ultra sea nothing more than a treasure trove? is it connected to ultra space and the dimensional expanses beyond?

in the grand scheme, each trip is important. the treasures brought back help the league - and yet, she wonders (selfishly) when they'll help her.

this return is no different than the last, either. she looks worn down, exhaustion seeping into her bones. her discolored golurk, too, looks less animated than usual. brilliant green is muted, fading in odd spots as it shifts equipment around in its arms. the satchel handing from one of its clay shoulders clinks softly like a barely there symphony.

and around them, dewford town blossoms with newfound life. carnival games have been set up in the time she's been gone, attracting both locals and tourists from every stretch of the region. she wonders, as her eyes lazily flicker between passing faces, if they know what's going on close by - if they know what lies beyond the veil of this plane.

no matter... it is of little consequence for them.

as her shoes begin to sink softly into the sandy beach of dewford, a carnival performance happening nearby draws her eye. she keeps moving despite a straying attention span and, really, she should pay more attention to the task at hand... it's how accidents are avoided - quite like the colliding of her shoulder into another person's body.

"oh!"

surprise squeaks through her voice and her body wobbles through righting itself - center of gravity thrown off kilter and left to teeter.

"i'm sorry - are you alright?"

cramorant catch.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,352 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 19:25:59 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi was so enthralled by the carnival, she was wholly unprepared to be knocked off her feet - which is exactly what happened when an unfamiliar woman also walking along the beach ran right into her. Nomi yelped, springing backwards as if she had just lost a particularly intense Tug-o-War Contest and fell to the ground, butt hitting the sand with a decisive thump.[break][break]
Nomi blinked, looking up at the rather lovely woman in front of her - long silvery hair, arms full of equipment (some of which Nomi recognized as explicitly scientific), and a concerned expression on her face. Nomi blushed, quickly gathering herself. She stood back up, brushed sand off her legs, then smiled apologetically at the woman.[break][break]
"I'm just fine," she quickly assured her. A bruised ego, perhaps, but nothing physically wrong with her. "I'm sorry, I should have been paying better attention to my surroundings."[break][break]
She paused, realizing this woman might be one of the League government folks continuing to investigate Granite Cave. It would make sense, considering what she was carrying. All of a sudden, their little accident seemed quite fortuitous.[break][break]
"Do you need any help?" Nomi asked. "I can give you a hand." Her smile turned eager. "My name is Naomi Sato, I'm a graduate student at Slateport University. I can't help but notice you've got some sample collection kits with you - I'm a scientist myself, actually."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Cramorant Catch[break]
Outfit vibes (swimsuit, shorts + cover-up for investigating the sea route)[break]
+1 STAMP - Reference a Tug-O-War contest

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 3:48:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a small smile is quick to rise, concern evaporating beneath confirmation of safety. no harm done, thankfully.

"it's okay, there's a lot going on in dewford it seems."

too much activity, even, if she were to give her honest opinion. do they not know of what's happening? of what's coming?

"oh, um, sure - i wouldn't mind help if you're not too busy."

after a moment, she extends a hand forward. her smile spreads a little wider.

"illeana reyes, league head scientist. it's a pleasure to meet you, naomi."

there's a curious look in her eyes, as if she's found something to sink her teeth into. and perhaps - in a way - she has.

"do you have a specialty for your studies at the university?"

cramorant catch.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,352 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 2:04:11 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"A lot going on in Dewford" was an understatement. Nomi didn't comment on it, however, uncertain how much this woman actually knew about the situation at Granite Cave. All in good time...[break][break]
The revelation came quicker than expected. As Nomi grasped the other woman's hand, her ruby eyes widened as the title League Head Scientist was so casually dropped. She knew 's appearance, she'd been all over the news since Meteno, but now she had a face to connect to the name , a woman who's work in genetics was well known amongst Nomi's academic circles at Slateport University.[break][break]
As well as within Rocket.[break][break]
"Dr. Reyes! It's amazing to finally meet you!" Nomi exclaimed, her enthusiasm genuine. "Here - let me get those - " She reached out, taking some of the equipment from Illeana and hoisting it onto her hip. Beside her, Alpha stared at Illeana unblinkingly, somewhat less trusting than its mistress, but curious all the same.[break][break]
"My focus is in bio-engineering," Nomi answered. "I'm doing my thesis on the effects of the newly discovered TERASTALLIZATION phenomenon on both Pokémon physiology and human physiology."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 16:49:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]embarrassment subtly colors her expression - pink painted fingers swiped across cheeks and leaving behind a rosy trail.

"i'm assuming you're familiar with my work, then?"

she forgets, with the way the time and space constantly swirl around them, that her work has existed in a state of recognition for long enough to warrant such a response from naomi. it's a giddy concept, truthfully, but she has never quite gotten used to the sensation.

"thank you - i appreciate it."

with her load lessened, it frees her up enough to properly engage without worrying about jostling equipment. and as her attention shifts gears, so too does her gaze. it settles softly on the unblinking eye of an unown. a smile curls up into lips quickly - familiar and almost fond.

"hello there."

the unown is greeted much like an old friend, as if it's one of her own. the trio of letters is seemingly absent from this trip, instead left to cause havoc with mew in the league labs.

"oh, an interesting concept! have you found any curious data as of yet?"

a beat passes before she makes an impulsive offer - a staple for this particular head scientist. like most of her reasonings (wrongly placed or otherwise), it is in the name of scientific discovery.

"if you need resources or anything, i'd be happy to help! the league labs could assist with collected samples or equipment."

cramorant catch.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,352 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 2:57:14 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi watched as Illeana greeted Alpha with an unmistakable fondness, as if she were familiar with the Unown in a way most people were not. Interesting, Nomi thought, wondering if the other scientist had her own collection of them back at her labs. That could prove usful as Nomi continued to endear herself to the Unown.[break][break]
Alpha spun around Illeana with equal friendliness. Nomi giggled, amused.[break][break]
"Alpha likes you," she noted, smiling.[break][break]
They walked along the beach, Illeana's ovreall equipment load lessened by Nomi's assistance. Sweat beaded at Nomi's forehead - physical strength was not her expertise - but she tried not to let the the strain show on her face.[break][break]
"Nothing terribly substantial, but I have started to draw connections between the Tera Crystals and the Dream Mist that plagues the Ultra Deep Sea." She paused. "I assume you've been?"[break][break]
They were not far from the entrance, after all.[break][break]
At the mention of League labs, Nomi's eyes widened with a sudden eagerness. "Oh yes! That would be quite helpful, indeed. The University labs are well-stocked, but access to government-sanctioned research and equipment would be most appreciated." She glanced at the other woman with curious eyes. "What are you working on right now, if I may ask?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 21:23:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile widens as the unown twirls around, fond and appreciative of the odd little letter.

"i've always been rather fond of the unown - i'm glad i'm not the only one who enjoys their presence."

if only she knew, perhaps, just how tied they are to the woman before her... maybe then she'd exercise mild caution, but for now, she would not know until months later when fates have been revealed and the strings that bind them increase in strength.

"yes, i have! may i ask what conclusions you've drawn so far?"

she, herself, has her own budding theories. would they align with nomi's?

her offer preens beneath acceptance and illeana can't help but grin at the excitement.

"feel free to stop by whenever you'd like - we'd be happy to help however we can."

besides, she's always constantly hungering after additional company within the confines of the lab. it's never quite enough, it would seem.

"at the moment, i'm working through dimensional studies to try to figure out how to help stabilize hoenn's universe but it's proving to be increasingly difficult... each solution i find comes with its own trials and tribulations."

cramorant catch.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,352 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 2:58:44 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Already, Illeana was proving to be of a like-mindedness with Nomi: her fondness for the Unown combined with her obvious scientific expertise.[break][break]
"I believe Tera energy is the...essence of possibility. The dream mist functions similarly. Both have the capacity to manifest new realities shaped by our thoughts, desires, hopes, and fears. It makes me wonder - what might we be able to learn about human nature - and about Pokemon - if we combined the two more intentionally? Could we maybe create...a portal? The paradoxes seem to come from somewhere. But where?"[break][break]
Would they eventually be able to see into the past? Into the future? What was the Interdream Zone, anyway?[break][break]
"Dimensional studies? Now that's an interesting topic!" Nomi's crimson eyes lit up with an obvious eagerness. She glanced at the Unown-A floating next to her. "I would very much like to visit the Unown Dimension."[break][break]
Stabilize Hoenn's universe...[break][break]
That wording caught Nomi's attention. Did Illeana understand the concept of the Origin Point? Perhaps they were even more aligned than Nomi had originally thought.[break][break]
"I will stop by," she resolved. It didn't matter that this woman was loyal to the League, and Nomi to Rocket. Some things outweighed faction squabbles, and saving the world was by far the most important of them.[break][break]
They were nearing the cave entrance, so Nomi set down the equipment she'd been carrying. In the distance, she noticed Petunia, diving for some fish Pokemon in the water. Could any of the Paradoxes swim?[break][break]
"I look forward to working with you in the near future, Illeana."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 3:52:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's an interesting theory, one she listens to with an open mind and an acute interest.

could it be possible to create wormholes through the interdream mist? through tera crystal clusters or other forms of pure energy? each possibility holds its own complications, surely, but the raw power is undeniable all the same.

"mmm there's definitely a lot of potential there for sure."

she grins, as if more than satisfied with nomi's explanation.

"i think some of the equipment in my lab will definitely be of use to you, then. i'd love to see what you've got so far, too, as far as experiments for your theory go."

she understands, in an intimate sort of way, the trials and tribulations of science and the hurdles they must overcome with each experiment they conjure up... but she believes in the woman helping her. the heart and mind she possesses both seem to be in the right place, don't they?

her grin becomes a little wider, dipping its toes into mischievous waters.

"one day, we'll go to the unown dimension and the worlds beyond - wouldn't that be nice?"

and sure enough, despite not knowing of the intricacies of fate and invisible strings, they will achieve such a feat. for now, she settles for nomi visiting her at the lab as if it's a new thing to look forward to in her seemingly endless calendar of meetings.

the equipment is settled in the sand near the cavern's mouth and she turns toward nomi with a grateful smile once her own equipment is laid next to it.

"thank you again, i really appreciate it!"

truly, she means it - every inch of her existing as genuine.

"i look forward to seeing you again, naomi."

and until next time... they go their separate ways.

cramorant catch.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 19:47:54 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: