Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 1:20:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

Meeting for the first time.

A snazzily dressed young man was leaned back against the pier's wooden rail, looking up at the night sky while waiting for his...

Hmm.

Was she his date? She was a woman he was meeting for the first time ever, for a day (night?) at the festival. That was kind of romantic, yes? Should he have dressed more fancily? Should he have bought flowers?

"... how old fashioned am I?" He wondered outloud, snorting before shaking his head. "Don't overthink things, Romeo."

They were just exploring together. Safety in numbers and what not— urban exploration was safest when you had someone who could corroborate to the authorities which hole you had disappeared into.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 18:45:55 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto:400,400i,700|Montserrat:800]

[newclass=.snakeEyesPost] --snakeEyesAccent:#00aeda; [/newclass]

[attr="class","se-DARKVER"]

[attr="class","snakeEyesPost"]
[attr="class","snakeEyesHeader"]

Make your mark

on history

[attr="class","snakeEyesBody"]

Yuin was delighted, she couldn't have imagined that this 'Amigo app' would have been so successful in helping her meet different people and get out to see different parts of the region, but it was truly a great tool and she was happy that she'd already met so many people and would continue to do so! Someone named John Sullivan messaged her back about going to explore some other parts of the region, she remembered his profile talked a lot about bike riding and finding different places to explore, so the chance to go out somewhere new for a little while sounded fun![break][break]
Walking along the quiet path, Yuina smiled down at the small croc that puttered along with her, a newer Pokemon she had just met called Fuecoco. He was certainly very cute, and such a funny little thing, Yuina thought that a nice little outing would be a good chance for Pepita to have a good time too. It was dark out, but in the moon light and the stars Yuina thought she could make out a figure in the near distance, against the pier that looked to maybe be the landmark she and John had agreed to meet at? Hopefull this was the right place...[break][break]
"Uhm... Hello, are you John? I'm Yuina," she called out, not too loud, and maybe a bit more hesitant than she meant it to be, but she was just hoping she wasn't calling out to someone who wasn't the person she was supposed to meet with, that would be awkward...

[attr="class","snakeEyesCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.se-dDARKVER] --snakeEyesBG:#ececec; --snakeEyesLightBG:#f3f3f3; --snakeEyesBorder:#ddd; --snakeEyesText:#6a6a6a; --snakeEyesLightText:#aaa; --snakeEyesH2:#3a3a3a; --snakeEyesShadow:#fff; [/newclass]

[newclass=.se-DARKVER] --snakeEyesBG:#333; --snakeEyesLightBG:#444; --snakeEyesBorder:#666; --snakeEyesText:#aaa; --snakeEyesLightText:#888; --snakeEyesH2:#eee; --snakeEyesShadow:#222; [/newclass]

[newclass=.snakeEyesPost] width:500px; background-color:#ececec; background-color:var(--snakeEyesBG); border-radius:10px; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader] display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader img] width:100px; height:100px; border-radius:100%; padding:7.5px; background-color:var(--snakeEyesLightBG);border:3px solid #ddd; border:3px solid var(--snakeEyesBorder); border-right:3px solid var(--snakeEyesAccent); border-radius-top-left:0; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader div] height:205px; width:205px; border-radius:100%; display:flex; align-items:center; flex-shrink:0; justify-content:center; margin-left:-35px; margin-top:-35px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader div:after] content:''; position:absolute; height:190px; width:190px; border:5px dashed var(--snakeEyesAccent); border-radius:100%; animation:8s linear infinite snakeEyesSpin; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes snakeEyesSpin { 0% { transform:rotate(0deg); } 100% { transform:rotate(360deg); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesPost:hover .snakeEyesHeader div:after] animation-play-state:running; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader span] height:170px; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; justify-content:flex-end; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader h1] width:280px; height:75px; margin:25px; text-align:left; font:800 50px/50px Montserrat; text-transform:uppercase; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), -1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesHeader h2] margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; width:280px; font:bold 30px 'Signerica Fat'; color:#3a3a3a; color:var(--snakeEyesH2); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px -1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), -1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow), 1px 1px 0 var(--snakeEyesShadow); } @font-face { font-family:Signerica Fat; src:url(//dl.dropbox.com/s/o5tlpkcxt7qwgj1/Signerica_Fat.ttf) format('truetype');[/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div] padding:50px; margin:25px; border-radius:10px; text-align:justify; background-color:var(--snakeEyesLightBG); color:#6a6a6a; color:var(--snakeEyesText); font:400 11px/15px roboto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div:nth-child(2)] color:var(--snakeEyesLightText); text-align:justify; padding:10px 25px; margin:25px; display:flex; justify-content:space-between; align-items:center; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody div a] font:800 11px/15px roboto; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); padding:0px 0px 0px 25px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody b] font:700 11px/15px roboto; color:var(--snakeEyesAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesBody i] color:var(--snakeEyesLightText); border-bottom:1px solid var(--snakeEyesAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesCredit] font:700 7px roboto; margin-left:425px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snakeEyesCredit a] font:700 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 21:15:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

The young man looked up from his frape & carnival pamphlet combo, blinking up at her briefly before shaking off his stupor (and the faint dusting of red on his cheeks), giving her a grin.

"Sure am! Yuina Higashi, yeah?" He asked back, pushing off the pier's rail to approach her. He glanced down as he took notice of her Fuecoco, nodding his way. "And company? Pleasure to finally meet'cha!"

He held out his hand towards her, lightly cocking his head.

"Is this your first time in Slateport... Ah, may I call you Yuina?" He asked, before shrugging and smiling her way. "Or should I stick to Ms. Higashi?"
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 0:32:17 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Approaching a bit hesitantly, Yuina was careful not to make too much of a stir as she walked towards the figure, hoping that she wasn't encroaching on some random person that she wasn't meant to meet with, but she breathed a sigh of relief when he stood up straighter to meet her in kind.[break]
"Oh good, yes, I'm Yuina," she sighed, confirming they were on the same page, thank goodness they didn't have much trouble meeting up![break][break]
"Yeah, this is Pepita! It's really good to meet you too, I'm so glad that we connected on that app," she returned with a smile and reciprocating his gesture as she too reached out her hand, introducing the croc at her feet, and he gave a soft cry with a wide toothy smile! That amigo app sure did wonders on getting people connected, she'd had her reservations about it at first, but after all of the new friends she'd been able to make so far, she couldn't say anything against it now.[break][break]
"Hmm? Oh, goodness, you can call me Yuina? If it's okay that I call you John too," she laughed a bit, she didn't want either of them to feel inhibited by some kind of formality that they didn't really need to step into? They were meeting up with the intention of becoming friends, at least she hoped that was a mutual aspect of this... And friends could call each other their first names at the very least?[break][break]
"Yes, this is my first time in Slateport, it's actually my first time in a lot of places, I'm pretty new to Hoenn," she returned with her favored half truth, looking out to the quiet water for a moment.[break]
"You said you like bike riding? Have you traveled most of the region by now," she wondered, she was certain with how enthusiastic he'd been about it on the internet that he must have seen so much of the region by now in his travels.

notes[break]
Goodbye Galar Mission![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 22:45:37 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

"Well— My friends call me Doug." He said with a wink, shaking hands. "Pleasure, Yuina, Pepita!"

Leaning back against the harbor's railing as the young woman looked out into the sea, he gave her a curious look, tilting his head.

"Yeah?" He said, giving her a wry smile. New to Hoenn, huh? Tragic. "Here for work?"

He couldn't imagine very many people were moving to Hoenn nowadays, given the seasonal apocalypses. Turning around to look at the sea besides her, he considered her question, lips pursed briefly before easing back into a smile.

"Honestly? Nah. Just got started! Slateport's my fourth stop." He said, leaning his head atop his palm.

"I used to know Hoenn pretty well, but... after a recent, uh, Hoennism, my memory ain't quite what it used to be." He said with a sigh, before pushing off the railing. "But hey, if it hadn't happened, it would never have even occurred to me to do this! And I've seen so much already!"

Not all of it good— but it wasn't all bad either.

"So, new to Slateport! What'cha wanna see first? It's a city that has it all!" He spread his arms out wide for emphasis— to which his stomach audibly growled in response.

"... Specially restaurants." He rolled with it sMoOtHlY, giving her a wink.
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 1:40:01 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

"Oh, well if I can't call you John, I guess you can't call me Yuina," she joked lightly first with a small laugh that she couldn't help.[break]
"I hope being able to call you Doug means that we're looking to be friends," Yuina finished then with a small nod, she was only kidding and did hope that him giving her the name Doug to call him meant that they were on a friendly level.[break][break]
He asked if she was around Slateport for work, and while she did know that there was a museum in the city, given that she had to know where all of the facilities as such in the region were, that wasn't why she was there, but before she answered, he spoke about his bike traveling. And then...[break][break]
"Wait, what," she said, suddenly, in almost an outburst, but she couldn't help it. What did he just say? That something happened in the region that... caused him to lose parts of his memory?[break]
"I... Uhm, I-I'm sorry.... I'm sorry that happened to you? That's terrible...," Yuina stammered, she couldn't hide being shaken up over what he'd just said, but she just... She couldn't even admit to herself what had happened to her, how could she say it to someone else? He asked what she would like to do, maybe go get a bit of food, and that sounded great, but... She couldn't just let that go...[break][break]
"Yeah... Food does sound good... But...," she trailed off, she could feel the weight in her chest, the elephant in the room that she never wanted address...[break]
"Please, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to... But, what happened that you..."[break]
"No, nevermind, I"m sorry, I'd love to go get some food," she just couldn't get her thoughts straight, she couldn't focus... But she felt awful asking him that question when she wouldn't want to answer the same one back... But... she didn't even know what happened to her that she lost her memory...

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 23:02:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

He gasped whilst covering his mouth, forever forbidden from speaking her name... unless he agreed to become her friend.

"Well now— don't have much of a choice then, do I?" He said with a coy smile, before snickering. "I'll be in your care then... Yuina."

Looked like they were friends now.

His new friend proved rather distraught at hearing his unfortunate circumstances— granted, there was a good deal of misunderstanding going on, largely due to the vagueness of his words...

So he could only laugh, waving his hands gently.

"Oh— no no no, not like that." He said, before pausing, hands still raised as he looked aside, lips pursed. "... Though it wouldn't surprise me if something like that did happen."

This was, after all, Hoenn.

"It's more like... Hm." He paused cupping his chin. "It's more like, I spent a lot, and I do mean, a lot of time somewhere... else. A lot of people did. But... it turned out that we didn't, actually, in the end."

He turned his gaze over to the horizon, peering far into the distance.

"It still feels real, though."

There was a moment of silence after that— one he broke shortly with a clap, turning on his heel.

"But— we're back here now, so it doesn't matter. Everything feels both old and new— like a childhood memory." He said cheerfully, grinning at Yuina as he gathered his hands into his pockets. "But back to the food! Festival's still in town— wanna go for some carnie treats? Easier to move around with those."
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 23:27:38 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

All at once, in the blink of an eye, Yuina was having such a pleasant time, she was delighted and laughing, and then she couldn't shake the sudden change in tone, in herself... She knew she wasn't a special case, people lost their memories, developed amnesia, older individuals started to lose touch as well, she wasn't special... But that didn't mean still that she didn't want to know what happened...[break]
In spite of her absolutely atrocious efforts in changing the subject, Doug did explain on the surface a bit of what happened, that he was gone somewhere else for a time, and other people were there too, and then everything was back as it should be, but not at the same time, and that was the gist of it...[break][break]
She wanted to ask him... If he remembered her? If... she looked familiar, if she could possibly have been a part of.... whatever had taken place that took such a toll on those present... But she just couldn't... What was the saying? Ignorance is bliss? Maybe one day, maybe another time... She was enjoying her 'new life' and didn't want anything to change it, not yet...[break][break]
"That's... I'm sorry that happened... I know sorry doesn't change anything, and you probably have heard condolences already, but...," she stammered, there was little else that she could do to salvage this portion of the conversation.[break]
"If it means anything though, I'm glad that you're here now and you're alright? And making the most of this new portion of your life, it's very brave of you to look to move on like that," Yuina finished with a soft smile, and in a way she sounded like she was speaking more for herself than anything... But things lined up a certain way and if they hadn't she wouldn't have met a new friend at this present moment, so that had to be worth something?[break]
Pepita gave a soft murmur at Yuina's feet, placing a small claw on her leg, bringing another smile to her face. Food, huh? Pepita was maybe hungry too.[break][break]
"Food sounds great, there's still so many of the carnival treats I haven't tried yet," she agreed, looking out to the shimmering lights of the carnival.[break]
"Do you have a favorite? What should we try first?"

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann i] color: #00aeda; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 15:33:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

Awww, that was so wholesome of her! And... not a little awkward for him, his cheeks flushing slightly at the sheer, forthright honesty of the sentiment.

"No, it really isn't like that, I..." Her smile was too blinding. "... Ah. Thank you. It means a lot."

This sort of meeting were the kind that reminded him of the good that was still to be found in Hoenn's inhabitants. A reason to continue fighting against God itself.

But enough navel gazing—

He gave her a grin, hands at his waist as he gave her a nod.

"Got a couple. Back in kanto, we had some bomb carnie food— it ain't quite that good in Hoenn, but hey— this is Slateport." He paused, before winking. "Home to Hoenn's largest Kantonian refugee population— yours truly included, once upon a time. So if you're wondering if there's any Kantonian stalls... the answer's yes."

He held out his hand to her.

"So... Ever had a taste of Taiyaki?"
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 17:50:27 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Even if the notion was as shocking as it felt, the weight in her chest still very much present and stifling, Yuina felt... Almost calmed? No... Reassured? If there were other people that might have experienced something similar to what happened to her... Maybe one day...[break][break]
She didn't want to dwell on it, not when she was having such a wonderful evening. Now wasn't the time.[break][break]
"Hmm, Kantonian food? No, I don't think I've tried any of it yet," Yuina wondered, that wasn't one of the other countries that she'd heard others talk about? Shalin had talked about Johto, and Paldean food, and another woman she'd met Elise mentioned that she worked for Galarian immigrants? There were so many places she was hearing about, but she didn't want to pry.[break]
"I haven't tried Taiyaki, but if its a favorite of yours, I'll take your recommendation," Yuina offered with a soft smile, taking a moment to return Pepita to his Pokeball if they were getting ready to move into the city proper, she didn't want to lose the small croc. Yuina reached out and gently took Doug's offer of his hand held out to her, and they started to walk towards Slateport proper.[break][break]
"So what else do you do, when you're not traveling on your bike," she inquired, wondering what else Doug had that he did around the region. She'd only done so much traveling still, and while the Carnival had been a great reason to hop around to different places, she still didn't really know what people did in the Hoenn Region on the regular.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 18:33:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

His jaw nearly fell off. Well, not really, but he was definitely agape, the words that had just exited Yuina'd mouth shocking him to his core.

"You've NEVER—?! Dear lawd you've come exactly to the right place." He said, squeezing her hand gently before immediately beginning to lead them towards the carnival.

"Taiyaki is a childhood favorite of mine, but everything in Kanto is de~li~sh." Said the completely impartial young man, looking around rapidly before his gaze fell upon a particular looking stand.

The lanterns hanging off the sides were particularly shaped— and had symbols painted upon them.

"Kantonese spotted!" Doug said cheerfully, gesturing for her to follow before beginning to move towards it. "It ain't Taiyaki, but Takoyaki's pretty darn good, too!"

They weren't even at the stand yet when Doug and the woman behind the stand seemed to sync up their brains, the woman beginning to work on their orders even before they got there.

As they did, Doug smiled and puffed up his chest proudly at Yuina.

"I— am a doctor!" He declared proudly as he posed, bringing a victory sign side ways over his eyes. "— License pending. Currently a nurse for the league."

And he was the best damn nurse in the business.

"What about'cha?" he asked, tilting his head with a smile. "I think your profile mentioned you worked at a museum?"
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 19:11:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

His enthusiasm over the food they were about to search for was infectious, and Yuina couldn't help the smile on her face as Doug lead her into the carnival grounds in search of a proper food stall to try. If he was this excited about the style of food, she couldn't wait to try it for herself, Doug was absolutely beaming over the opportunity to have her try it.[break]
"Is this the next step of being friends with Doug? I get to call you Doug and now I get to try your favorite kind of food," Yuina laughed, she was amused and delighted and everything in between, and already the smells surrounding the food stall were very tantalizing. She couldn't wait for their food to be finished, and as they stood to wait off to the side, Doug mentioned that he was a practicing nurse.[break][break]
"Oh wow, that's very exciting," Yuina smiled, and he seemed so pleased about it too, that was definitely a good indication of the work that he did. Even just his declaration of his field had so much passion behind it![break]
"It sounds like you're really passionate about it too, I hope your licensing works out, you're definitely the kind of person who should be a doctor," she remarked, the desire and want to help others in that way was so important, and if he was as enthusiastic about that as he was about his favorite foods, she could only imagine how incredible of a practice Doug could have.[break][break]
"Yes, yeah I work at a small museum. It was kind of the first thing that I found when I arrived in Petalburg, and fortunately it stuck. History is very fascinating, and being a curator its like I get to take care of those pieces of history, those memories, and make sure they last," she returned, having indeed grown fond of her little spot in the museum she worked at, maintaining the exhibits there.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 23:23:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

"Yeaup. Next step, I cook it for you." He said as the woman behind the counter set down the first box of takoyaki, to which he gave the woman a friendly smile. "Can't promise it'll be as good as the lady's here, but it'll have character. But speaking of which..."

He popped that bad boy open, plucking one of the sticks the little ball had been speared into before holding it out to Yuina's lips.

"I promise you it's good." He said with a confident grin.

Almost as confident as his nod when talking about his career.

"'Tis the exciting and high-octane lifestyle of a wandering nurse." He said with an elaborate waving of his hands. "Never know what you'll find while traveling a region as... chaotic as Hoenn."

He ended his little show with a wry look and a sigh, grinning.

"But dang, that's quite the vote of confidence!" He said with a playful sigh, shrugging his shoulders. "I had better step up and live up to it!"

He was either making a hell of a first impression or Yuina was remarkably kind— either way, he had no intention of proving her judgement wrong.

He nodded along as she shared her own perspectives, occasionally offering her more takoyaki between the brief pauses.

"Sounds like you're really into your job! I'm glad." He said, before cocking his head. "You said it was... 'the first thing you found' in petalburg, though? Were you not looking for a job at the museum in the beginning?"

Maybe he was looking too deeply into it, but it seemed like an odd phrasing for what he assumed to be a historian.

-Offer someone carnie food

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 23:10:20 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Standing at the food stall, the smells wafting through the air of the warm evening, Yuina smiled again at Doug's next steps of friendship saying that he would cook her his favorite food a next time perhaps, even if he wasn't as inclined about his skills for cooking as he might have been for being a practicing nurse.[break]
"Well, you put it out into the universe, so now you'll have to cook it for me sometime," Yuina laughed, by no means would she make him, she was only kidding as they had only just met, but a meal with character as he put it sounded wonderful. In any case though, as Doug opened their small box, the smell of the fresh cooked Takoyaki by itself was delicious, she was sure the treat itself would live up. She smiled, and perhaps even blushed a bit, as Doug held up one of the treats for her to try, it was a small and simple gesture, but a sweet one with his enthusiasm. She opened her mouth and allowed Doug to feed her the Takoyaki ball, and it was incredible, it was so savory and brimming with flavors of all kind, and the dough was incredible.[break]
"You're right, this is a really good treat, thank you so much for sharing it," Yuina thanked, it was so tasty, she was so happy to have had the chance and even the direction too to try it out for the first time.[break][break]
Doug spoke a little bit more about being a practicing nurse, working towards his license for being a doctor, and he spoke too about how... Chaotic the region was, another nod at something along the lines of what had happened to him. What may have happened to her...[break]
"I think you will, having passion is what makes great people capable of doing great things with what they care about... I think you'll be able to do those great things," she returned, happily taking another bite of Takoyaki offered to her in kind as they spoke, she was really enjoying the evening, the company, it was so wonderful...[break][break]
Then Doug asked a perceptive, but fair question, about having found her job in Petalburg... She'd been carrying this weight, this secret? Was it even a secret at all? It didn't have to be, so why was she so afraid of saying it... Unless she still felt like she was keeping it a secret from herself... Doug had been so upfront about what had happened to him, sure she only knew the surface level of it, but... His bravery and confidence in being able to move forward in spite of what had happened... Either she was inspired, or was internally exhausted from carrying this with her this entire time... And speaking it to the universe was only going to make it real... But making it real, maybe meant that she could start figuring out what happened...[break][break]
"When I arrived in Petalburg...," Yuina spoke then, she trailed off, like she almost didn't want to say it, but it was right there, just let the universe have it...[break]
"That is the first thing that I remember... I... I have no memory of anything before waking up outside of Petalburg City, only about two months ago. I don't know where I'm from... I don't know if I have family... I don't even know if my name really is Yuina... Uhmm... So yeah... The museum was the first thing that I found, to start building a 'new life'..." she admitted, for the first time since she woke up outside of Petalburg City. It was both freeing and terrifying, saying it out loud, and while she trembled and shook at her words, the slight sting of tears at the corner of her eyes, it was finally out in the universe for the first time.[break][break]
And there was no taking it back.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Amiga! [Yuina/Mission]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 14:11:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Amiga!

He could see the change in the mood from a mile away. Everyone in Hoenn had a story to tell, and it seemed he was about to hear Yuina's.

"Amnesia?" He muttered, cocking his head as his brow furrowed.

Yuina's was an unusual story. Though Galar had come with some memory loss for those involved, complete loss of memory hadn't been reported from any of those present. But even if it had— Yuina had woken up in Petalburg's woods, several hundred miles away from the ancient tomb.

Before he could get too lost in trying to figure the puzzle out, however— he realized Yuina was getting... teary-eyed.

"Oh dear." He muttered, paling as he noticed the tears beginning to gather at the corner of his eye.

Reaching into his top, the youth produced a white handkerchief from the inner breast pocket, offering to her whilst schooling his face back into a hopefully encouraging smile.

"Take... your time?" Crying was... healthy, right?