Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 15:32:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]If it wasn't for that umistakeable voice, Isaac would have never realized the frozen, beaten, broken mess standing before him had once been his friend.[break][break]

"J-" No. Not in front of Caleb. Not with the risks it posed. Isaac had hoped for as little crossfire as possible tonight, and he wouldn't let Jayden be included in that. "Yoru." It felt foreign on his tongue, especially for someone as sentimental as Isaac. He could only hope Jayden would understand.[break][break]

His face, a mass of bruises dug into and penetrated by crystals of merciless frost. His body, practically encased in ice yet still responding as he willed it to move. His eyes, as harsh as the snowstorm that surrounded him in the deepest throes of his wrath. What in the world happened to him? Was he an Avatar? An experimental superweapon? Or simply another victim of Rocket's torture?[break][break]

"Wha . . . what did they do to you, buddy?" Isaac knew Jayden. He knew he would do anything for Rocket. They were his family. They could do no wrong. Whatever they inflicted on him was for his own good. Whatever he had become, it was something he'd consented to. That much he knew even with the faintest hint of the full story.[break][break]

Two questions hung in the air, the tension between them enough to freeze the air and splinter the ice. Which of the two would break down and answer first?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,151 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 16:21:16 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","border"]
[attr="class","lyric"]YOU'LL BE THE RUIN OF ME, WON'T YOU?

[attr="class","textbody"] 'Yoru?'

[break][break] His codename lingers in the frost-bitten air, ice turning into hazy mist in the Rocket cell. The ice that clings to his form begins to melt at the sight of his old friend, blistered white eyes turning into shards of bewildered amethyst.

[break][break] "Isaac? Why are you..?"

[break][break] Why are you here? In this cell, with , the traitor? Why are you here at all? Why did you call me Yoru?

[break][break] "They?" he echoed, face twisting as he tried to take in the other's questions. Jayden's body, beaten and raw, not only just from his avatarship but also from the science experiments that Rocket had done on him was on display for all of them to see. His scars, both new and old, championed from years of being a proud Rocket. The teeth marks from 's influence, the stab wound from and both, and most importantly, the pitch-black brand from that smoked like salted ice in the winter air.

[break][break] The reminder of his traitorous actions. The reminder of his lie.

[break][break] He raised his arm, brows pushed together.

[break][break] "Walsh caught me. In a lie."

[break][break] "For Ash."

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".maomao"] --accent: #7F6779; [/newclass]
[newclass=".maomao"] width: 480px; margin: 0px auto; background: #111; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } .maomao b { font-family: Poppins; color: var(--accent); } .maomao i { color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 0.5px; } .maomao a { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/10px 'Playfair Display'!important; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao:hover .pkmnlist { left: 0px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist { position: absolute; left: -50px; width: 50px; top: 5px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist img { margin-top: -10px; height: 45px; filter: grayscale(1); } .maomao .pkmnlist img:hover { filter: none !important; } .maomao .top { height: 250px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/6c/e0/026ce08459bb4fe642c90c0bb0188a80.jpg); filter:contrast(1.1); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 30%; } .maomao .lyric { font: 12px/15px 'Playfair Display'; text-align: center; color: #999; letter-spacing: 10px; padding: 0px 30px; } .maomao:hover .lyric span { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; } .maomao .border { background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.8); padding: 10px 0px 5px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom: 2px solid #333; } .maomao .textbody { margin: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 12.5px/15px 'Roboto'; text-align: justify; color: #ddd; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 30px 50px 10px; border: 1px solid #222; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); position:relative; } .maomao .oocbox { padding-top:5px; font:11px/11px 'Roboto'; text-align:center; border-top:1px solid #222; margin-top:20px; letter-spacing:10px; } .maomao .oocbox a { font-family: Playfair Display!important; color: #444!important; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 10px; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao .bottom { background-color: var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; opacity: 0.5; height: 20px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 18:06:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Oh, .[break][break]

Isaac loved him so much, and yet he knew just how much trouble he could be. He had Isaac's indecisiveness to a factor of ten, torn between a life that had already bound him in chains and a heart completely unsuited for it. Isaac, through blood, sweat, and tears, had found his path. Jayden would never leave his own. But Ash? Ash had a ways to go.[break][break]

Could he figure it out before he was killed for it?[break][break]

"I . . . I have a medkit." It felt so stupid, staring at the white of elemental ice and the black of Darkrai's shadowy brand. What was a box, a stolen box, of bandaids and boo-boo creams supposed to do about that? Yet Isaac, aghast as he was, had no idea what else to do. "I can try and help. Let me see it."[break][break]

He had to make it right with what little time he had left. Once he went through those doors, he'd no longer be able to be there for Jayden. He'd failed to be his brother's keeper. He could no longer account for Ash's decisions, whether to support the good or tend to him after the bad. He held all the cards in this situation, and yet he'd never been more helpless.[break][break]

"Please."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,151 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 18:09:59 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] "Forget it."

[break][break] It was useless.

[break][break] had already brought him to the medbay on the day of the punishment. Their brightest minds had done the best they could, but there was nothing that could have stopped the heated sear of his betrayal from being branded into his skin.

[break][break] For life.

[break][break] "What are you doing here, Isaac?" His eyes flickered towards , the confusion in his expression leaning closer towards bitterness.

[break][break] Him.

[break][break] A traitor, just like the rest of them.

[break][break] "Did Admin Bee call you here too?"

[break][break] But was nowhere to be found.

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".maomao"] width: 480px; margin: 0px auto; background: #111; padding-bottom: 10px; position: relative; overflow: hidden; } .maomao b { font-family: Poppins; color: var(--accent); } .maomao i { color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: 0.5px; } .maomao a { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/10px 'Playfair Display'!important; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao:hover .pkmnlist { left: 0px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist { position: absolute; left: -50px; width: 50px; top: 5px; transition: 1.5s all; } .maomao .pkmnlist img { margin-top: -10px; height: 45px; filter: grayscale(1); } .maomao .pkmnlist img:hover { filter: none !important; } .maomao .top { height: 250px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/02/6c/e0/026ce08459bb4fe642c90c0bb0188a80.jpg); filter:contrast(1.1); background-size: cover; background-position: 50% 30%; } .maomao .lyric { font: 12px/15px 'Playfair Display'; text-align: center; color: #999; letter-spacing: 10px; padding: 0px 30px; } .maomao:hover .lyric span { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; font-weight:bold; } .maomao .border { background-color: rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.8); padding: 10px 0px 5px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom: 2px solid #333; } .maomao .textbody { margin: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 12.5px/15px 'Roboto'; text-align: justify; color: #ddd; letter-spacing: 0.5px; padding: 30px 50px 10px; border: 1px solid #222; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2); position:relative; } .maomao .oocbox { padding-top:5px; font:11px/11px 'Roboto'; text-align:center; border-top:1px solid #222; margin-top:20px; letter-spacing:10px; } .maomao .oocbox a { font-family: Playfair Display!important; color: #444!important; font-weight: bold; padding-left: 10px; font-weight:600!important; } .maomao .bottom { background-color: var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; opacity: 0.5; height: 20px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 19:13:09 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Miraculously - despite the Ruinous Beast practically breathing down their necks - they were still alive. Slowly, Caleb began to register what was happening. Jayden had not attacked them yet because he still thought Isaac was a fellow Rocket, an ally in the war against the League.[break][break]
Caleb watched, heart pounding, as Isaac began to sag beneath the weight of his friend's obvious agony - all that he'd done to Caleb, the same was being done to him. Cycles of violence were like that, Caleb knew. After all, how many had he hurt when he was Rocket? How many sins had he committed because of those committed against him?[break][break]
He pitied Jayden, more than anything. He was too far gone to make the choice Caleb had made in Kanto. The promise of ruination had sunk its teeth too far into him; those jaws would not let go without a long, arduous fight - one Caleb did not know if they could win, not without equal firepower. They weren't Avatars, they weren't Hoenn's best warriors, hell, they were barely hanging onto a thread of survival. They needed to take advantage of Jayden's momentary hesitation and escape.[break][break]
Surely Isaac could see that.[break][break]
What are you doing here, Isaac?[break][break]
Caleb looked at the younger man, and with eyes the color of the sky right before it rained, he willed him to lie.[break][break]
Tell him you're taking me back to my cell. Tell him you're taking me to one of the Underbosses, for another interrogation. Arceus, Isaac, tell him anything except the truth.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Social![break]
This thread takes place following the events of GOODBYE GALAR: RUSTED SHIELD, and takes place after this thread

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3ad1e1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 19:33:12 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"No. did."[break][break]

Oh, Isaac. Any lie but that.[break][break]

The sad part was, it wasn't even a lie. Zev had been the one to end Isaac's fruitless search, taunting him with the knowledge of Caleb's location. Did he know Isaac would do this, and send Jayden in to spring the trap? Or did the idea his mild, inept protege finally striking against him never cross his mind?[break][break]

"He's decided playtime is over. Caleb has sullied their name for the last time, and is now going to pay the final price for daring to embarrass him like this. As his brother, Zev is the only one fit to put an end to this mistake with his own two hands."[break][break]

Did Isaac know it was Zev who started this playtime, a symbolic gift from a Beast to an Admin? Did he know Zev had already beheld this embarrassment for himself, not even blinking at Caleb's pains and pleasures? Did he know his judgment had already been cast without lifting a single finger?[break][break]

Did he know that, in Zev's eyes, Caleb was his brother no longer?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,151 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 22:23:24 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] 's brand pulsed, like a reminder. These days, he usually could not feel it. The heat of it was buried under the ice crystals of his patron, the ice-cold HATRED that seared through him like nothing else.

[break][break] But in the wake of those like , those he cared about, that unbearable emotion was blurred. It melted, like frost in spring.

[break][break] Leaving room for something else.

[break][break] "Zev?" His brow furrowed in concentration as he tried to remember the connection that the Beast had to the prisoner. It was then that he recalled that the two were brothers. Memories of their last interaction were blurred together with hallucinations of his own past, the faces of and Alexei Volkov all blurring together as one.

[break][break] "I see."

[break][break] Jayden blinked, then staring down at the dagger that he finally found placed into his palm. In the metallic sheen, he saw his own eyes. His own pallid complexion. In a flash, he saw those crystal blue eyes of his patron, who prowled forward, teeth-bared at the two other men in the room.

[break][break] But not enough to lunge. Not enough to bite.

[break][break] The Rocket Admin flipped the dagger in his palm, head snapping up now to look back at .

[break][break] "Well, Zev may make the final move but we can't deliver him like that."

[break][break] "We should deliver him on a platter, don't you think," he said, reaching for Isaac's hand. His own hand covered his friends, flashing with it a smile. "Hurt him one last time."

[break][break] "Then we can go together."

[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 2:23:37 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Zev.[break][break]
Caleb's stomach dropped.[break][break]
Somewhere else, there existed a version of Caleb that would have understood that Isaac had done his best. He was the sort of man who knew that the best lies were packaged in scraps of truth, and didn't it make perfect sense that Zev would want to be the one to see to his brother's demise?[break][break]
But this was a Caleb who had watched his brother slam the door on the mercy of killing him. This was a Caleb who's brother had disowned him, and by doing so, had handed over his fate to others. Isaac did not know this, could not know this. And so it was that Caleb watched in slow motion as Jayden attempted to process something he likely knew, deep down, was not true.[break][break]
Jayden had been the last to torture Caleb, called in not long after Zev had turned his back on his brother's suffering.[break][break]
"Isaac - " Caleb hissed, but it was too late. Jayden had reached for the blond, offering him a deal he could not refuse if he hoped to live. And Caleb knew, with absolute certainty, Isaac would never take it.[break][break]
And so it was that he doomed them.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Social![break]
This thread takes place following the events of GOODBYE GALAR: RUSTED SHIELD, and takes place after this thread

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 2:47:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]A dagger in one hand. The other wrapped around his. Isaac's heart sank. His gut twisted. Flight, fight, and everything in between wrestled for dominance in the back of his mind. Jayden, Isaac's friend, wasn't just some bystander to this. He knew. He partook. From the look in his eyes, he savored it.[break][break]

What else was Isaac supposed to expect? Jayden had killed 's Pokemon, went out of his way to scar his best friend, just because he turned his back on Team Rocket. He could be caring. He could be downright loving. There were times Isaac treasured his company. Yet, in spite of it all, he wasn't a good person. Was anyone here?[break][break]

Was Isaac?[break][break]

Caleb expected Isaac to turn it down. He was right to. More than anything, wanted to. But they were trapped like rats in a maze. If they wanted to see the light of day, they'd need to keep their heads down and get along. Sometimes, that meant doing things they'd regret in the moment, knowing their only alternative was a cold, miserable death.[break][break]

"Shut it. I've heard enough out of you." There was agony etched in Isaac's face as he turned to face Caleb, but the back of his head shielded the truth from Jayden. He'd only hear the conviction and venom in Isaac's voice, a dead ringer for 's most contemptuous tones. "And I think Admin Cross here has the right idea." Still not Jayden. Familiar enough to avoid suspicion, but distant enough to keep him safe.[break][break]

Even with the horror at what he'd done to Caleb, Isaac couldn't just let Jayden be exposed.[break][break]

"But I've heard through the grapevine you've had your fun. Me? This is my first night down here." Again, truths wielded as lies. Straight falsehoods were never Isaac's style. "I'll take the lead on this one. You just sit back, relax, and see everything you taught me in action. Then, once you've seen enough, we can finish this together."[break][break]

His fingers tightened around the knife Jayden handed him. Step by careful step, he advanced towards Caleb, rolling the tension out of his wrist.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,151 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 3:02:53 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] Once upon a time, Jayden had told what he had to be Beast.

[break][break] He had believed it, too. In the same exact way that he scouted people like for the position, the same way that he cared for those under his discipline like or to a lesser extent , he cared about Isaac. He may not have been the closest person to the blond — no, that special position was reserved for — but Jayden cared for the other Rocket like he would a brother.

[break][break] The Admin wanted to see him reach new heights, to see him reach his potential.

[break][break] For Jayden, he had always assumed that had wanted that too.

[break][break] 'You are someone who can inspire others.'

[break][break] Chien Pao prowled behind 's other side, teeth bared into a snarl. It's face mirrored the expression on Jayden's own face, the one that tried so desperately hard to mimic.

[break][break] "Go ahead, Isaac."

[break][break] "Stab him."

[break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 2:38:46 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The beast circled around Caleb, causing the hairs on the back of his neck to stand up. His heart hammered as he willed himself not to panic. Bone-weary blue eyes regarded Isaac, tried desperately to catch his attention.[break][break]
He was keenly aware of the agony this must be causing the other man, to be forced into this position. But Caleb tried to reach him with a silent plea anyway, tried his best to convey that he consented to this. He had to. If it was the only way they weren't going to get ripped to shreds by a ruinous monster, then so be it. He could take it. He'd been taking it.[break][break]
What was a little more pain, really? If it meant they could leave. If it meant they could get out alive.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Social![break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 5:22:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The funny thing is, it wasn't the praise for a lifestyle that now disgusted him that filled Isaac's heart with hatred. Nor was it the great, frozen beast that stalked around Caleb, who Isaac had last faced off with at the moment that started this all.[break][break]

No. It was the way his broken brother looked at him, pleading for Isaac to just stab him already.[break][break]

Isaac grabbed him by the collar, the fury blazing in his eye hard to hide. He hated Caleb for surrendering to this fate so easily. He hated Jayden for being so much more than just a bystander. He hated himself for his pathetic attempt at delaying the inevitable just getting them in more trouble. He wrenched the knife back with his other hand, his hand trembling and a scowl setting on his face.[break][break]

Then, in a single, fluid motion, he lunged back. Adrenaline pumped through muscles developed by and stunted by his own recklessness, forcing them to act at his demand. He couldn't just hurl Caleb around like a ragdoll, but he could at least use the element of surprise to push and pull him away from the ruinous legend.[break][break]

Why was it even here? Isaac didn't even know. All he knew was that, fueled by its icy blue gaze, he'd launched himself at Jayden like a cruise missile. Betrayal took brotherhood's place. Desperation replaced diplomacy. Any guilt he would have felt was gone, replaced by the sinking suspicion that, if he didn't act now, they were all going to die.[break][break]

Jayden's own knife sank into his body, aimed wherever it would take to get him out of the way.[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,151 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 21:34:58 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maomao"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","textbody"] If there is one thing that Jayden knows about himself, it is that he is not special. He had been raised in the fires of Kanto Rocket, same as or , yet Rocket is his birthright in the same way that any other Grunt would find it theirs. Dmitri's presence is fading with each passing day, but Jayden wields his strongest weapon even still — his absolute loyalty to Rocket.

[break][break] But in these days, in this moment, it is nothing but a crutch for him. A weakness.

[break][break] Because he trusts , the same way that he once trusted .

[break][break] Trusted , trusted , trusted .

[break][break] Eyes widen as the blond suddenly turns at him, grabbing the fabric of 's shirt. But instead of plunging him towards the blade, it is away from it and towards him.

[break][break] The sheen of the knife glimmers with a reflection: the sight of crystal amethyst that suddenly burns into blistered white and blue.

[break][break] Thoughts pierce through him like glass:

[break][break] was attacking him.

[break][break] was defecting.

[break][break] was betraying Rocket. Betraying him.

[break][break] The suddenness of 's action paralyzed the admin into place, forcing him to take the knife that suddenly found it's way into his body. It plunged into the very spot that had marked him, not that long ago, in attempt to do the very same deed.

[break][break] To betray him. To leave him. To abandon him.

[break][break] But his ruinous patron did not have the same anomalies. As crumpled to his knees, ice catalyzing around the wound, Chien Pao roared to life. The pokemon snarled with a vicious breath, icicles shooting out from it's gaping maw.

[break][break] Buckled on the floor, Jayden's hands wrap around the blood knife - his knife - as he glares furiously up at the two brothers.

[break][break] "WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
648 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 17:21:33 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Caleb barely had time to react to being hurled to the side as Isaac rushed Jayden, doing exactly what Caleb had feared he would do: refuse to keep up the act, instead attacking their attacker with a ferocious resolve. Rather than panic, however, Caleb couldn't help but flash a grim smile. How cruel for fate to force this choice, for Isaac loved both these men but could not liberate them both. But to pick Caleb? It left no doubt in his mind that Isaac was the brother Zev could never have been.[break][break]
Love mingled with grief, he thought. If this is how we die, so be it.[break][break]
Adrenaline flared to life, coursing through a broken body that had one last fight to give. He had his Pokemon back again, and though he was loath to pit them against ruination, there was no other choice. He released Umi and the Umbreon filled the space between himself and Chien-Pao, smaller than the fanged beast but no less fierce.[break][break]
All of his anger, all of his pain, all of the tragedy that tainted his life seemed to coalesce in that moment as he channeled it towards Chien-Pao through Umi. Hateful creature! Let it understand that it was not the only one capable of destruction.[break][break]
Your feeling of guilt is a sign of you becoming who you want to be. Do not forget that.[break][break]
Caleb screamed and Umi snarled and the dim lightbulbs along the warehouse ceiling shattered, a great potent darkness filling the room. The Umbreon launched herself at Chien-Pao, teeth barred, the DARK PULSE squeezing the icy feline in a pitch black embrace that would hopefully linger with enough time to aid Isaac in figuring out their escape.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"] |
[break]

NOTES

Umbreon uses DARK PULSE[break]
Social![break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Orpheus [S]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 15:53:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The knife left Isaac's hand. The hatred left Isaac's heart. In their place, only horror lingered.[break][break]

Isaac wanted nothing more than to turn back, to pick his friend off the ground, to tend to his wounds and apologize for everything and anything he had done. The icicle whizzing right past his ear, sticking into the nearby wall like a stake through a beating heart, was a reminder of how foolish this was.[break][break]

This was the endgame of the life he lead. One way or another, he'd be plunging a knife into the hearts of those he loved. Everyone who walked around in their waking lives as if nothing was wrong were fools at best, monsters at worst. Isaac was both, and the disgust he felt was matched only by the excitement from seeing freedom but a short sprint away.[break][break]

Yet stronger than excitement and disgust alike was guilt.[break][break]

"I can't be what you want me to be." Another near miss. Isaac steered Caleb to the side just to be sure. His body lingered behind Caleb's, fully ready to take a bullet for him. With each word he said, his voice drifted further and further away, as if he were a ghost. "This isn't me. And it's never going to be."[break][break]

"I'm sorry."[break][break]

At Isaac's words, Echo stirred in his arms. The Ralts set a hand upon his heart, his horns quivering in tune with its heavy, uneven beats. He squeezed his eyes shut, focusing with all of his might on the source of his human's grief.[break][break]

A cast of ice wouldn't be the only thing Jayden felt forming atop his wound. A cloud of Life Dew, a final gift from a former friend, would settle atop the site of the injury as well.[break][break]

No matter how badly Isaac wanted to turn and see, all he could do was slam the heavy door closed behind him.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG + [break]
NOTES — notes go here