Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Bitter Harvest
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 21:37:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Darkness cradled the outskirts of petalburg woods, contorting branches into knives, and bushes into hurdles. Since the discovery was made, Penelope had made it a note to avoid this stretch of the region; there was always so much work to be done anyways, adventures were easily placed on the wayside.
[break][break]

But after Galar, after the discoveries made with -- something lured her back to this spot, on this night.
[break][break]

Each step through the grove reverberated through her body. It was as if the air itself evoked a physical reaction from her. Sometimes it would be a minor twitch, other times it would be her own heart squeezing tight. But it was never enough to convince her to reconsider.
[break][break]

"Where are you going," had originally asked her. They'd been spending the day together, fulfilling errands around town. Ever since Galar, isolation had become her comfort, and days normally spent strutting through town with a friend was poured into paperwork and approvals and everything hated. And so, on the rare occasion, the head ranger had seize her day, sweeping away the notion of work for more lighthearted activities. But that could only last for so long.
[break][break]

"Petalburg. I want to visit my family," she'd replied. If only they were still home. Last they spoke, her parents had decided to take a small trip to Kalos.
[break][break]

Up ahead, just along the crooked cobbled path, a familiar silhouette was carved between two gnarly trees.
[break][break]

The floristry. That place of dread.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights