awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 19:51:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Moment he’d gotten word that had managed to get away after they’d made their escape with , he booked a trip to Dewford where the other man had returned back to.

(Considering how far this was from where they’d busted cousin dearest out; that was an achievement in and on itself.)

Upon arriving in the town proper, he immediately made his way over to the Dewford Hospital to look for him.

timeline: set after ’s rescue bust out

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 1:23:33 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The staff of Dewford’s hospital meet the Head Ranger with fierce pride. Many of the nurses and passerby make no secret of the sheriff’s room. It’s no state secret where he’s being kept. Word of his battle with the Harbinger, , has spread across the town. Even if it has left Navy and his Pokemon in dire straits, that he survived at all counts as bountiful solace to Dewford.[break][break]
Navy has been placed under the tender care of Flora, his Blissey. She leads a small army of Chansey in tending to him. All the while, she shouts at him. Berates him. Yells obscenities that only Pokemon can understand. Hattori, a miniscule Greninja resting in a nearby bed, groans. He lost an eye to the Harbinger and the Storm Mother. Some would say he got off light.[break][break]
Yo, old man.” Navy laughs, only to wince in pain. His ribs are still tender. His left hand will never be quite as swift as his right after what happened.[break][break]
Young, Tom, and you get our girl out?

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 3:11:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“First off, hell, why you calling me old, I’m only thirty-two,” he sassed back once he’d closed the door behind him. “Next—she’s not my girl, she’s my cousin, there’s a difference,” he added with a quiet sigh of relief.

Once the security detail had been set up around ’s room at Slateport General, he felt he could afford time for this visit.

“You absolute madman,” he continued quietly once he realized the gravity of the situation the other had gotten involved in.

“You fucking fought Lugia and survived to tell the tale, you should consider yourself lucky.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 3:19:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Yep,” Navy agrees with a smile, “I did. And I am.” The original plan would’ve given him more room to breathe, but kicking the whole hornet’s nest just wasn’t in the cards. No plan survives contact with the enemy.[break][break]
Told you I’d make it.” His cavalier attitude towards his own mortality sends Flora into a shrieking fit. “Quiet down, I’m alright.” Somehow, this works.[break][break]
Quinn…that guy’s no joke.” The master of understatement plies his trade well. “I don’t think most of the avatars I’ve met could beat that guy.” Laying back again, running a hand over his face, he deflates. Shoulders slump. Head leans back against the pillow. Decides to trust the Head Ranger to watch his back for a little while, so he can let his guard down.[break][break]
Is she, Elinor, alright, though? They didn’t rough her up too bad, did they?

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 5:08:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Anyone lesser would’ve died, or at the very least, been toyed with before being…disposed of,” he went on in that same quiet little voice. The thought of it alone was too much. There was no way in hell he was going to have the blood of an innocent person on his hands, even if it was indirectly.

“Honestly, the only legendary I think that can match Lugia is Giratina,” he continued carefully, pursing his lips as he thought of . How was she, anyway?

“In terms of ferocity and viciousness, at least.”

When he mentioned her, though, he felt something cold settle in his gut.

“See, that’s the thing… the doctors are still looking at her. It’ll take a few days before they get back to me and let me know what exactly they did to her while she was held captive,” he ended with his mouth drawn in a thin line.

“But whatever reason it was, I’m more than certain it involved torture. As to what kind, I wouldn’t have any idea in the slightest right now, as I’m just making conjecture at the moment.”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 6:15:00 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Fuck, man.” Not for the first time and not the last, he wants to stand up and make for Sootopolis. He wishes that, somehow, through his own might, he could set things right. A woman who did not deserve to be hurt was hurt. That’s all the warrior sees.[break][break]
…I don’t have Giratina, but I have something that’s more ferocious than either of ‘em.” Vortigern is not, by classification, a legendary. Yet the difference between a true dragon and a legend is a thin thing. “I’ll bring him, next time me n’ Quinn meet.”[break][break]
For the first time since Lars made his entrance, the Greninja croaks. Navy knows his shinobi’s mood well enough to know that it’s a croak of protest. Hattori doesn’t like that.[break][break]
Anyway…run me through what happened on your end. Anyone get hurt?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 7:08:23 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“It better be on par with an Urshifu or Silvally,” he said absentmindedly, before realizing… shit. Wait, wait. Too late for that now!

Either way, he hoped the other man wasn’t thinking of bringing just an ordinary Pokémon to the (inevitable) rematch versus Lugia.

“I’ve seen bits and pieces. Of what that Lugia can do. It’s terrifying, even for… even for an Avatar to handle one-on-one,” he continued in the same tone. “Not all Avatars are on the same power scale.”

See: the other person who was with you in the room.

“So basically, on our end, we had two distraction tactics; one with doing what he does best with the Rockets, and the other involved and . Thankfully, out on the ship we didn’t have too many problems, considering that they were surprisingly understaffed even though they were holding a high-level ‘hostage’ in their midst,” he went on as he crossed his arms and looked out the window to observe the Dewford proper.

“I volunteered to go down into the belly of the ship and get her myself, considering if someone else was to get her she might have even protested and thought that it wasn’t real.”

At that his bit his lip.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 9:43:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Dewford goes about its business. It’s just another day in this hipster’s paradise for many of the young folk that frequent the town. There’s victory there, too. When Rocket has its chokehold on places like this, then the League will have truly lost.[break][break]
Sounds…almost too smooth.” Navy says with wrinkles showing on his brow. “Yeah. You’d think they’d have a Beast there at least. Especially for a councilwoman.” Maybe they’re fortunate. Maybe it’s part of a ploy. Rocket isn’t sloppy. Navy’s never known them to be.[break][break]
Or maybe that just proved why his part in the crisis was so crucial. Lugia would have made all kinds of problems for the rescue team. It certainly made problems for him, and the engagement he had with the Storm Mother lasted under ten minutes.[break][break]
Does the council know yet? Considering what Goode said, ‘bout the League not condoning any rescue attempts, we’re lucky they aren’t throwing us in jail.” A notion that makes him scoff, considering they simply did what no one else could or would.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 21:29:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There was this unreadable look on his face when the other asked about the completely reckless and totally unauthorized rescue attempt that they’d recently mounted.

He couldn’t help but let a smirk flash across his face for a few moments.

“I wouldn’t really care less if there’s backlash,” he began quietly after giving it some thought. “Fact of the matter is, why were they left in Rocket’s hands with no hope of a rescue? We kind of… decided to take shit into our own hands at that point.”

(It was mostly for that part; however he was trusting the other to be more professional than him when it came to ‘fessing up about what really went down during the rescue operation.)

“I was thinking… what if. What if it was who was supposed to be there to keep an eye on her? Seeing as she’s a ‘valuable asset’ and all that.”

He frowned afterward.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 9:36:29 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

That’s why I called distracting him.” Navy laughs, like he didn’t dance with death. “Underboss for a councilwoman. Seems fair. Damn he’s tough.” Even if it’s repetitive, he feels it has to be said.[break][break]
I’m sure Young will be able to smooth things over. That’s the upside of havin’ an Elite 4 on your side. Plus, the plan you two cooked up ended up going off perfectly in the end. At least it sounds that way to me.” It’s a good day. A small victory in a larger war. An innocent woman has been brought home.[break][break]
Still can’t believe that was you I met down in the tunnels under Dewford. Heh…you’re a regular master of disguise, aren’t you?” A rhetorical question is followed by the genuine thing. “So what next?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 21:34:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Honestly, if it was Callan or Doug who had to go fight Lugia… we’d have way more problems than we would have on our hands.”

For one thing, one of the other two he mentioned wasn’t an Avatar. The other one had a rather finicky patron deity (even worse than his, if he was right) who appeared not to care so much about things in general. Wonder why that was.

At the ‘master of disguise’ crack, he couldn’t help but smirk a little.

“You didn’t ask,” was all he would say next. “You didn’t ask my name, so I didn’t answer.”

In the back of his head, though, he was already cackling like an idiota.

“The next thing now? Hopefully find out what. What they exactly did to my cousin, and if they got anything out of her. Because. You know. Information…”

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 6:16:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Think it’d even make a difference if she told ‘em anything?” Navy asks, voice filled with genuine curiosity. “Then again, we don’t know what Rocket does and doesn’t know. That’d probably tell us a lot, huh?” His eyes meet Lars’s. They’re stern, although that sternness isn’t directed at him.[break][break]
I know ‘bout one secret of the League. Can’t really say I approve of it…but I approve even less of what would happen if Rocket knew about him.” In his mind’s eye, he sees a sleepy star. Something woken too soon, now kept under lock and key with a smile, a wave, and hot meals.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 21:07:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“See, that’s also the thing,” he mused quietly as he returned his gaze back to the other man in the room.

“With Rocket, information of any kind they can get about us is already intel gold to them.”

He frowned a few moments later.

“I am loathe to admit that they may have a better information-gathering ring than the League does. Which sucks.”

His eyebrows met for a few moments, a deeper frown creasing his face as he got to thinking about what they could’ve possibly gotten out of her.

(If they knew about his… current situation with his patron deity, then there would be fucking hell to pay.)

“Oh? What secret is that?” he wondered, nibbling on the lead a little bit.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 2:20:57 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

He doesn’t have the heart to tell the man that League HQ is already compromised. Navy knows of one rat that has nibbled his way into the base and scurried in to gather information. is feeding Rocket intel. Chances are, anything the science division is doing, rocket already knows about. Before him, it was and Arceus knows how many others.[break][break]
I just know that there’s a star at League HQ.” Glancing at the door, with nurses and doctors going about their business, he doesn’t feel like saying any more. Lars should be able to put two and two together. He’s an AQUA man. He knows all the big secrets. Hell, Navy would happily take the bet that the man was present at the incident that landed Jirachi in League custody.[break][break]
Navy didn’t see Hattori get up. He doesn’t notice the Greninja is there until he closes the door, only to return to his bed.[break][break]
Cheeky little guy.” He laughs.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
regroup [s][c][past]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 16:23:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He then realized—

Turning to the other man, he gave him a cheeky look.

“For the record, I know who you’re referring to. Thing is, you know what happens when people try to wish for something, right? Disastrous shit happens right after.”

While he hadn’t been there personally, fact of the matter was that he had access to those files, and knew what had gone down.

“Sacred fire is extremely dangerous, too.”

He then allowed himself a few minutes of silence.

“Are you looking to meet them? The Wish-granter?”

Because he could arrange for access to that. All the other needed to do was merely ask.