< night & day > [m/funtasia]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 21:53:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A simple breath in to concentrate and an underhanded toss. Though at the last second, his concentration was thrown off as he felt something sharp dig ever so slightly into his Adam's apple. The ring bounced and spun but ultimately sunk between the bottles as he eyed his purple haired partner. This felt like an absolute waste, and for what? A simple bonding exercise? The two didn't need to bond, and the way the knife dug into his throat helped make that point very clear.

"You made me miss my shot."

His words were offered harsh yet with the heaviest overarching twinge of indifference. Truth be told, he really didn't care. A hand raised to bat her weapon away. Henri wasn't quite up for entertaining the game of drawing knives on one another. Instead, he wanted to get this whole bonding exercise over and done with.

"Take your shot since you feel so capable."

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

prompts completed
- lose at least one carnival game
close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
Maybe somehow I came off too strong to you~
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 23:27:12 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

'Spend more time together' they said. 'It'll be fun' they said. [break][break]

Tori just couldn't understand this whole team bonding thing. Since when had Rocket cared about how well people work together? Either you preformed well or you faced the consequences. Then again, this wasn't Kanto. Regardless, this new approach wasn't something Tori appreciated. [break][break]

Especially because whoever was making these decisions kept partnering her with 'muscle-for-brains'. Henri and Tori had been seeing each other often, and Tori hated every minute of it. Okay, hate was a strong word. But still, there was something about this man that rubbed her a certain kind of way. [break][break]

After numerous encounters with one another, she could say they were at least familiar with one another a bit. This was proven by how despite being at a public event, Tori didn't shy away from brandishing her knife and putting it to Henri's throat. "You made me miss my shot." he snapped.[break][break]

"Consider it payment for last time." Tori hissed as she shoved past him. The stall worker looked like he was about to piss himself with how on edge he was after seeing Tori's display. Victoria didn't mind though. She tossed some coins to him and nodded. "Our little secret." she whispered before quickly taking aim and tossing the ring onto the bottle easily. [break][break]

As expected of course, she wasn't going to give him enough time to interrupt her the way she did him. Then again, she wasn't even sure the big bear cared enough to interfere with her turn. Once she had secured a win she shrugged at him. "No hard feelings, yeah?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@henri
[break]

NOTES

𓆩♡𓆪 prompt: win at least one carnival game[break]
𓆩♡𓆪 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.tori1]--accent:#a882b1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tori1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2023 1:20:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Brows knit together as he watched Tori fling the ring. It managed to land, much to his chagrin, but he wasn't a sore loser. Rather than offer any form of bitter resentment, Henri gave a polite golf clap to her efforts. Although he seemed focused to win a round himself, so he paid for another three rings. His focus fell split between a focus on the targets and a focus to make sure Victoria didn't dare to interrupt him again. A breath in and he threw the first ring that seemed to spin and bounce about until it hooked onto one of the Dugtrio.

The attendant advised he could go ahead and claim a prize then and there, but he chose to aim higher. The second ring landed perfect on the next Dugtrio. With a final ring toss, he managed to make it onto the third of the trio and immediately pointed to a fair sized Zorua plush. It didn't spend long in his hands until he traded it off to Tori herself. It seemed more like a forceful shove into her arms but those who knew Henri knew that was just his way of insisting.

"I have no need for it."

There were plenty of other options, why the choice of the Zorua? He just made mental note that the fellow mercenary had a Hisuian Zorua in her ranks, so it suited her. For him, it just seemed to be common sense that she had a plush that complimented her teammates. Henri pivoted on his left foot and cocked his head towards the Tauros Rodeo game.

"Maybe if we do something with more of a challenge, that attitude of yours will change."

prompts completed
- give a prize to your thread partner or npc

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 18:16:32 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

While Tori was deciding on what prize to get for herself she absentmindedly watched while Henri went again. She was no fool, she knew he was also keeping an eye out for her interference but she didn't budge from her spot this time. Instead her smug grin said it all, which his attention on her she'd clearly secured the upper hand here. [break][break]

Of course, even with his attention divided it would seem muscle-for-brain was still competent. Three times he secured the ring onto the bottle and each pass he was more accurate than the last. "Hmph." Tori huffed as she offered him a shrug. So what, this was basic considering both of their professions. [break][break]

What she hadn't expected was a gift. He chose a large Zorua plushie that looked just like Zero before shoving it into her arms claiming he didn't need it. Tori was left stunned and blinking after him in silence. She hadn't exactly been the most welcoming person to him, actually she was quite prickly with him based on first impressions but he had still given her a gift. [break][break]

Tori squeezed the plushie in her arms a bit as the softest of blushes colored her cheeks. "Fine." she said as she pointed towards the reward she wanted while asking the booth operator to hold onto her plushie for her. "One sec," she said as she rushed around to stand in front of Henri. Standing up on the tips of her toes she slid the headband on Henri's head. They were actually a pair of Lycanroc-ears that matched the color of his hair. [break][break]

"It suits you." she said with a grin before reaching back for her plushie. Henri led them towards the Tauros Rodeo game before making his next comment, "Maybe if we do something with more of a challenge, that attitude of yours will change." Tori scoffed. "I doubt it. But if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is we can test this theory of yours out." she said with a smirk.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

𓆩♡𓆪 prompt: give a prize to your thread partner or npc[break]
𓆩♡𓆪 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.tori1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2023 19:49:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
For a moment, Henri arched a brow at her as she stood to fasten the headband to his head. Calloused fingers reached up to touch the fabric that made up the Lycanroc ears and brush over them a bit. They were soft to the touch, which he seemed to enjoy. It was obvious by the confused expression that he didn't really know how to process the gratitude he felt, mixed with a sense of logic that, while appreciated, the ears offered no use but simple decoration. But he knew well enough not to spit in the face of generosity.

"Thank you, they're... Well, they're soft."

Smooth, captain obvious.

Once they reached the Tauros Rodeo, Henri was the one who took the bold step forward to challenge the mechanical beast. Once he mounted the ride, a hand gripped at the saddle as the operator instructed him to hold on tight and beat the timer. The ride began to take off slow and steady, and then began to whip around at a breakneck pace. Finally it began to buck and bounce in every which way. A white-knuckled grip met the saddle as his free hand reached up to keep the headband in place. A few times his body seemed to rise off the Tauros as though it was ready to toss him, but Henri clamped his legs down even more on the mechanical bull. Calves began to burn from the strain, which soon migrated to his thighs. He just had to beat the timer.

After it reached zero, Henri remained on the ride as it slowed to a stop, then hopped off. The moment his legs hit the ground, he couldn't help but let out a discomforted groan. His legs felt like jelly, and every step made the feeling all the more unpleasant. But with his turn out of the way, his attention turned to Victoria as he held a hand out to hold onto her belongings while she attempted to match the time. In the meantime, he flexed his hand a bit to relieve it of the stiff sensation that lingered from gripping onto the saddle so roughly.

prompts completed
- involve or reference the tauros rodeo game

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 3:36:07 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Tori's grin widened as she watched him reach up to touch the Lycanroc ears she placed on his head. His reaction was amusing, to say the least. Victoria resisted the urge to snicker. After all, she had inadvertently called him a dog but he hadn't reprimanded her at all. Rather he thanked her, which was quite surprising. But it seemed he genuinely liked it. [break][break]

It was just a little joke but she had meant it, the ears did suit him. He looked quite adorable with them on his head. Tori gestured for him to go first, resisting the urge to tease him and say 'ladies first'. She watched as he mounted the tauros and the timer began. The tauros bucked and swiveled but Henri was steadfast as he held on tight. [break][break]

Tori couldn't help but laugh as she watched him hold onto his headband so it wouldn't go flying off while he road the mechanical beast. He looked ridiculous riding it like that but she was sure he didn't mind. Once the timer was up he exited the ride and and came back to meet her. [break][break]

Tori offered him a soft applause before she handed him her plushie. "Impressive..." she said with a smirk, "is what I would say, but your performance was okay." she said as she waved her hand in a so-so way. She nodded at him flexing the hand that gripped the tauros. "You were too stiff, big guy. I'll show you how it's done." she said with a grin as she approached the mechanical beast. [break][break]

With a few words to the ride operator she snatched his cowboy hat and placed it on her head. She mounted the mechanical tauros with ease and with a nod of confirmation to the operator the timer started. Unlike her partner for the evening, Tori's grip was light and the way she moved her body with the mechanical beast offered her better stability but also made her movements look fluid, like this was practiced and she'd done this before. [break][break]

As the timer ticked on she decided to put on a show for those that were watching her. Once she had gotten the groove of the mechanical beast down she began implementing tricks into her little performance on the mechanical tauros. [break][break]

She was just showing off but it was fun nonetheless. When the bell rang to signify the end of her little challenge ride she was met with loud applause as a small audience had formed to watch her. Tori flashed a grin as she dismounted gracefully and tipped her hat and bowed to her audience. Tossing the hat back to the ride operator she made her way back towards Henri with a smug look on her face. [break][break]

"Yeaaaah, I think the attitude is here to stay." she said with a chuckle.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

𓆩♡𓆪 prompt: involve or reference the tauros rodeo game[break]
𓆩♡𓆪 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 21:05:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A roll of his eyes came in response to her comment. Her attitude seemed unnecessary given how reckless she was on a ride that could have sent her flying. Well, he'd have to suck it up and deal with her sky-high ego. Rather than acknowledge her, Henri simply pivoted and took to the next game of skill. Sure, there was a Magikarp fishing game available, but there wasn't much skill when it came to luck. Instead, he decided it best to point out a game of darts.

He was supplied with a single dart to try and hit the middle of the target. (DC: 15)

Henri carefully lined up his throw and allowed his fingers to let go and send the dart flying. Much to his chagrin though, the moment that he let go, his body jolted violently at the sudden shrill cry of a child who was upset that their parents said they had to leave. The sound had pierced his ears and rang in them for what felt like forever. Once he collected himself, he drew his lips into a thin line at the dart that had lodged itself into the wall, nowhere near the target. (Roll: 5)

"I won't hide behind the poor excuse of distraction, that was entirely my error."

Though the furrow of his brows showed he was certainly not pleased.

prompts completed
- involve or reference the tauros rodeo game
- involve or reference the magikarp fishing game

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 23:02:32 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Tori knew she was being a bit unbearable but that was part of the fun. Henri rolled his eyes at her antics but it only served to swell Victoria's ego. As they moved on to their next game of choice she hugged her plushie close to her while she waited for Henri to choose something for them. [break][break]

It would seem their next game of choice would be darts. She raised an eyebrow at him once they approached the booth. Hadn't they already tried their hand at an accuracy challenge? Perhaps he deemed this precision challenge more difficult than the other. Either way, it wasn't that difficult so Tori wouldn't protest. [break][break]

She took hold of a single dart in her hand while she waited for Henri to go first. Twirling the dart through her fingers she watched as he took aim, only to jump at the ear-piercing shriek of a child. "Son-of-a--" she muttered under her breath as she glared at the source of her headache now. [break][break]

It reminded her of the child that was having a tantrum in the middle of the carnival the other day because their ice cream and dropped on the ground. Just a further reminder that Tori really wasn't a fan of children. "I won't hide behind the poor excuse of distraction, that was entirely my error." [break][break]

Henri spoke up and Tori turned back to see his dart was lodged in the wall. "No biggie, I'll give you a pass this time." she said with a slight shrug and smile. She took stance before squinting and sharply throwing her dart at the board. (Roll: 10)[break][break]

With a tilt of her head and a disappointed click of her tongue she sighed. At least her dart hit the board but it wasn't the bullseye she had been expecting. "Well," she said with a shake of her wrist. "Guess I don't have an excuse either." even though she had one out of the pair she still lost the game in general.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

𓆩♡𓆪 prompt: lose at least one carnival game[break]
𓆩♡𓆪 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 22:36:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There came an arch of his brows as her dart managed to hit the board, but nowhere near the bullseye. So it seemed both of them were off their game for the evening. But at least Tori could brag that she managed to get the dart on the board unlike him. He even seemed to make it a point to mention that fact at the very least.

"It seems luck smiles on you this evening," he commented. "Games are in your favor this evening, but how do you feel about rides?"

Henri had to admit that he wasn't exactly a thrill seeker in his own right. To pour trust into a mechanical death machine of a pop-up carnival ride seemed in poor tastes, but people flocked to them without a care in the world. (Henri breathed in and reminded himself that he was supposed to be enjoying himself. A pity he didn't really know what constituted as enjoyment. He took a strange liking to Victoria's company, did that count?) As he scanned the fairgrounds, his eyes landed on the ferris wheel. It was the only ride that didn't seem like it would break apart at any second.

"How about that one?"

Henri pointed straight ahead to the ferris wheel. From the looks of the people in line, it seemed to be plenty of kids with their parents, couples of all ages, and the occasional single-rider. (The gesture felt tacky, but he could respect the boldness to knowingly ride such an intimate ride by one's self.) In Henri's mind, he figured that riding the ferris wheel together would give the pair an opportunity to talk and get to know one another a bit better. After all, it seemed they'd keep getting shoved together on pointless missions like this. Without another word, he chose to take the stride towards the ride's line.

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 3:27:47 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Games are in your favor this evening, but how do you feel about rides?" Henri asked her and she offered him a bright grin. "I'm down. Anything that gets the blood pumping is good enough for me." she said as she scanned around the area looking for potential thrills they could conquer together. [break][break]

"How about that one?" Henri suggested. Tori's gaze followed where his finger pointed just to see it was the Ferris Wheel he was talking about. "Oh." Tori responded dejectedly. She couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed. But she had to remind herself that everyone as daredevilish as her. [break][break]

"Sure, we can. It'll be a nice chill ride." She said as she began to head towards the Ferris Wheel with Henri. She took note of the kids bouncing excitedly with their parents and the couples that were snuggling even before they got on the ride. The ferris wheel shouldn't be so bad. She'd get a nice view of the area and the setting sun after all.[break][break]

Once they were directed to their little cabin and settled in Tori crossed her legs, placing her plushie in her lap. "Have you ever been on one of these before?" Tori asked Henri, her small attempt to get a conversation going between them.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

𓆩♡𓆪 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 22:44:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Her question was quickly met with a shake of his head to answer no. In all fairness, he hadn't had the chance to partake in frivolous affairs like attending a carnival. Before he could even get the words out, the cabin began to rise, and it soon stopped to board the next pair. Henri glanced around and then back to Victoria, his brows furrowed almost as though he found himself concerned with the ride itself.

"Is that it?"

He sounded almost displeased. To think they had other options that would have been more exciting. But he soon lurched forward as the ride took off once more. As he looked down, he realized that the ride only stopped to board more riders. But by the look of displeasure, it seemed the ride itself was too slow for him. Henri leaned back to rest his elbow against a flat platform within the cabin and propped his chin up with the palm of his hand. He couldn't help but stare down his companion from the corner of his eyes.

"Sorry, had I known this ride would be so dull, I would've chose something else. It just seemed the most logical given how well-structured it was."

After he explained himself, Henri glanced at the plush that sat comfortably in Victoria's lap and felt the corners of his lips twitch ever so slightly. It seemed almost like a smile, but remained extremely faint. She seemed comfortable with it, it allowed him a moment of pride for the small victory it took to get the prize. Henri took the opportunity to glance over the carnival grounds from the top of the ferris wheel and seemed surprised. Maybe it was his training kicking in, but the top of the ride offered a perfect vantage point to see everything.

"Once we're done here, you choose the next ride," he offered. "This one's disappointing and I apologize for my lapse in judgment."

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 16:02:49 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Is that it?"

Henri's displeased tone caused Victoria to burst out in laughter. She was so tickled that her laughter shook the cabin they were in just ever so slightly, as she held onto her stomach. Henri seemed like a boorish brute, only muscle for brains, but in times like this he seemed more like an innocent lamb than anything.[break][break]

"Haaaah," Tori whimpered as she swiped the tears from her eyes. "Sorry, had I known this ride would be so dull, I would've chose something else. It just seemed the most logical given how well-structured it was." Henri apologized as Tori shook her head. "Nah, s'okay. After all you had no idea." she waved his apology away as the ride began to finally start once everyone had boarded. [break][break]

"I probably...should've warned you though," she spoke as her lips quivered as she resisted the urge to laugh once more. As the ride slowly began to climb higher and higher, Tori found her gaze drawn to the window. There she had the perfect view of Dewford Town and the rest of the carnival sprawled out below them. [break][break]

It was quite the painterly view, now that she had the time to observe it. The Twilight coated skies splashed hues of purple, orange, and pinks across the horizon. Almost as if a master artist had swiped it's brush across a pristine canvas. Sure, it wasn't a thrill-seeker but a view like this made the ride somewhat worth it in her opinion. [break][break]

"Once we're done here, you choose the next ride," he suggested. "This one's disappointing and I apologize for my lapse in judgment." Tori turned her gaze back to the man sitting across from her before she chuckled again. "Relax, big guy" she said as she glanced out of the window again, a soft smile on her features. [break][break]

"This isn't so bad." she admitted. "It's supposed to be a respite from all of the adrenaline seeking activities out there." she said as she turned her gaze back to him before pointing across from her. "Or for couples, a means of romantic intimacy." she said with a snort as the cabin close to theirs held a couple currently snogging each other without so much as a breath for air.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

𓆩♡𓆪 outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 19:23:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@henri