snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
EXTRACTION: skyler & illeana
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 16:16:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 16:22:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]faintly, she recognizes the way her eyes keep straying from glowing cores and mineral veins to observe captain skyler dross. she looks for differences she will not find - watery limbs, primal markings, and a crown.

they are different people, different dimensions, vast circumstances. it would do her well to remember that.

"captain dross."

there's a small smile somewhere, hidden in tones and sinking slightly into expression.

an idle hand gestures to the treasure troves around them - they glitter with a warm greeting.

"i'll handle the radiation if you'd like to focus on stripping the chamber of its materials."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 19:41:27 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
"Professor Illeana."

She feels the weight of the professor's gaze, how it catches on her person every so often.

Awareness flutters to the surface, one that would've gone unnoticed if not for the adrenaline coursing through her body. Priming her for any trouble that might hurtle their way.

"You can take a picture if you'd like, you know?" Amusement curls her lips into something mischievous. Sharp with intent. "I wouldn't mind, Professor."

Greed takes the center stage when the glint of treasure reveals itself. Skyler's grip tightens on her pickaxe, and she whistles appreciatively. Damn, that's a lot of shinies...

"Be on the lookout, okay?" And with a wide arc, rock breaks beneath her assault. Dhelmise hovers nearby, shadowy tendrils fluttering in an invisible tide.

- Skyler's choosing to take the brunt of the radiation
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 2:52:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 3:02:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flushes, the tips of her ears shaded with embarrassment.

"oh, um, sorry - i was... looking for differences."

it's sounds even odder to voice out loud, she realizes. paranoid, even.

"i have no doubt you're, well, yourself but it's habit, i suppose."

she does the same to herself in mirrors and passing shop windows, even reflections on water. they always look the same. one day, she wonders if they'll shift beneath the gaze - if they'll wink secrets back at her.

radiation pulses around them and as illeana steps closer to the core, her body tenses with understanding. first, the heartbeat-like sensation of radiation and then, the mental faculties begin to decline. perhaps now, with more trips tucked like trophies in her belt, will be different.

faintly, she feels her eyes sliding back to the mining efforts of captain dross. there, they linger - watching, waiting. her voice rises a moment later.

"how is the mining coming along? do you need a hand?"

the minerals beneath the sharp tooth of a pickaxe are more important than all else, aren't they?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2023 11:43:12 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]
"Feel free to look, Professor. I am the more good looking one." Skyler doesn't pretend at bashfulness, the flash of her teeth cutting past the smothering blanket of fear and paranoia closing in. She'd fought the Sea Queen herself, probably knew her better than most others despite their differences.

To herself she can admit that it scares her, what she could be capable of. Who she'd be with a crown on her head and a smile primed for war.

In this moment, however, it lends itself to a light-hearted joke at 's - were her ears red? - expense. She likes to think that it helps keeping the paranoia and anxiety somewhat at bay. 

"D'you think we're alike? Us and them? That we're the same people?"

Dhelmise's chain whips into the nearby walls, releasing treasures from their fleshly prison. Skyler pries another treasure with a grunt of effort. Her shoulders are tense with the effort of not looking back.

"If you'd like - or you can watch my back. I'd rather not be surprised by whatever lives in this Arceus cursed place."

- Skyler's choosing focus on mining.
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:05:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONDEMNING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Eventually, the Eternatus core expels enough energy to cause the designated trainers experience extreme distress and fright. At first, they may point out things, Pokemon, or people that do not exist; however, over time, their hallucinations begin to manifest into reality.[break][break]

The Poison Tera Crystals glow bright as all manner of terrible things appear, drawn from the conscious of those affected by the Eternatus core. Eventually, these manifested figures will expire, disintegrating into nothing but residual Dynamax Energy.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a fusion Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:16:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as the captain continues to chip away at mineral veins, she is given the opportunity to truly ponder the question posed: are they really that alike?

are the sea hoennians simply iterations of them if circumstances had been different?

she's quiet for a moment, seemingly at a loss. eventually her voice rises with shaky uncertainty.

"honestly, i'm not too sure - i'd like to say we're different, but we could be the same exact person at our cores."

it brings with it the age old question: are people a product of their environment or their choices? she's uncomfortable with the notion, as if she can't quite decide which side she'd fall on if given the concept.

a hum of acceptance rises and she begins to shift to watch skyler's back as her and her dhelmise continue to mine - though, she doesn't quite get very far...

all the talk of sea hoenn seems to manifest itself into reality, breathing life into the memories until they're fully formed bodies. she gasps, eyes widening. faintly, purple veins have begun to display themselves proudly across her temples.

a smeargle is quickly released as sea hoennian soldiers clamor their way forward. her voice follows rapidly, a sharp call of warning.

"duck!"

her smeargle gives skyler and her dhelmise a moment to react, to move out of the way, before sending a spatial rend hurtling toward the manifested sea hoennian soldiers.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 20:09:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Skyler hasn't come this far without at least a shred of self-preservation (though this is highly debatable if you ask ).

And so when the good professor tells her to duck, Skyler does- and is promptly rewarded by being witness to space-time shredding itself apart.

"Arceus' tits, professor. Bit overkill, no?" 

It is, in fact, not overkill.

Sea Hoenn soldiers are strewn about, but their ranks are soon replenished from seemingly nowhere. Somewhere among them, she sees a crown. Her own face, carved cold and unyielding.

She sees herself, a little bit more lately.

Fuck. This fucking place.

Skyler turns away, disconcerted.

Scanning the surroundings, she finds an idea forming. Not a good idea, mind you, just an idea. For a few precious seconds, the few working cogs in her brain make her hesitate.

That doesn't last long. 

Like had done previously, she issues a single warning before chaos ensues.

"Prof! Head to the nearby tunnel!" 

For a moment nothing happens. Then a flash, and the colossal shape of a Wailord materializes in the space, crushing any enemies beneath its glorious blubber. Hopefully.

• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 0:46:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONTROLLING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The mental anguish rises to unbearable levels. As the Eternatus core whirs, the fleshy walls begin to swarm with pink eye-like shapes. Still, through these translucent barriers, you catch a glimpse of a nearby planet. One that looks suspiciously like the one you all live in—except that a large portion of it seems covered in land.[break][break]

You must escape with your gathered material. Your ally or allies may be incapacitated by the paranoia settling in their psyches, or perhaps, the eldritch mutations beginning to metamorphose their body or bodies.[break][break]

Depending on how much your characters have mined, you may need to lessen your extracted load to ensure successful escape from this wretched place. After all, the horrors that reside here may make chase.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lessen the load and escape.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Escape with your full load.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 0:55:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]surprisingly - or, rather... completely on brand for the scientist - a light laugh escapes as skyler's voice rises.

"no, definitely not!"

the bad blood between herself and sea hoenn is palpable. and yet, she almost looks like she's enjoying spatial reality ripping them apart. there's a familiar glimmer in her eyes, sharpened like a blade against whetstone. it does not fade with the faint flash of a crown - no, it spreads into the showing of teeth.

and despite the call of violence skittering in veins, she heeds skyler's warning and darts off with her smeargle in tow to the aforementioned tunnel. not a moment too soon, perhaps, does the loud rumbling of skyler's wailord greet her ears. her head turns, expression serious.

"let's get out of here."

she trusts skyler to bring the loot she had pilfered from chamber walls - well enough to turn her back and keep moving.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 6:49:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXTRACTION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: