awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 8:35:42 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Why was he participating in this? Well, was entering a new stage in his life. And no, this wasn't a mid-life crisis or anything of the sort. For the first time in a long time, he finally felt like he had some freedom and, to a lesser extent, semblance of control over his life.

He had never ridden a MECHANICAL TAUROS before, but he'd seen characters in movies do it. It seemed fun to try and, comparatively, he was sure he'd ridden worse things: dragons and the like. So why not?

The festival here at LITTLEROOT TOWN made a little competition out of the event, however, and were likely setting bets for it. There were two mechanical Tauros set-ups across from each other. Remiel had been chosen to ride one while someone else had been chosen to ride the other.

Before the royal steps forward, however, he unbuckles the GREEN APPLIN strapped to his chest on a baby carrier and turns to the person in line behind him. "Excuse me, pardon the nuisance, but do you mind holding him for a little while? I don't think it'd be safe to take him with me here."

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Involve or reference a Taurus-Rodeo Game

[break][break]
ORALE OLDBOY + ♔
OPEN
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 8:53:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

To be fair, Lars was in Littleroot for another reason entirely—he was here to check out ’s gym. For the moment, though, he would have to wait and consider when he was going to challenge the young man’s gym.

However! Today was a day for relaxation, and all that.

Unsurprisingly he was the next in line for the Tauros-Rodeo game (wouldn’t get a kick out of that) and was surprised to be met head-on with a baby carrier.

“Uh, sure,” was all he could say, blinking as he took the carrier and found that there was a green Applin inside it.

(Shiny, maybe?)

prompt: reference a Tauros Rodeo game

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 8:59:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Was that HEAD RANGER and local legend in the flesh? Why yes; yes it was. It had taken a moment for Remiel to realize that after posing his question. He blamed the sunlight that dared obscure his vision with its brightness.

"Thank you." The exiled prince responds with a slight bow of his head. Then, without further ado, he steps forward onto the padded arena and mounts the mechanical Tauros waiting for him. Tension builds as they wait for the other participant to mount her own. It reaches its peak as the mechanical systems beneath them whir to life.

Just as Remiel's mount begins to move, however, a horrible mechanical squeal emerges from it. The ride whirs down shortly thereafter before the carnival attendant rushes to the mechanical bull with a toolbox in hand. Remiel dismounts and offers his help despite his lack of engineering skills.

The most he can do is hand the attendant whatever tools he may need from the toolbox as repairs are underway.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Help fix a ride

[break][break]
ORALE OLDBOY + ♔
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 9:04:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What timing,” he mused—but quietly, quietly—as he continued to sneak some glances into the baby carrier from time to time.

(At least the Applin wasn’t being too fussy, which was good.)

With one hand on the carrier and another free, he couldn’t help but wonder. Turning around to see that thankfully, the line wasn’t too short, he returned his attention back to where the attraction was being repaired.

“Need more help fixing the ride there?” he offered.

(Sometimes it paid to be handy with tools… I mean, the man owns a motorbike!)

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 9:14:38 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

"I think we just about got it—" CLUNK! "Aha!" The attendant cheers as he pulls a faulty part out. "It was a problem with the suspension, I knew it!"

"I don't suppose my ride needed that, did it?" Remiel inquires.

"It did! Unfortunately, sir, we'll have to close this old Tauros down for the day." The attendant laments, patting the side of the mechanical bull. "But feel free to head back in line for a go at the other one!" He adds, thumbing in the direction of the second (and now lively) mechanical Tauros across from them.

Remiel sighs as the attendant leaves him to tell the others in line shortly thereafter. Before he heads back to pick up his Applin, however, he snaps a disappointed selfie on his POKÉSNAPCHAT with the defunct mechanical bull behind him and a #FUNTASIA decal on the bottom right corner. He sends it to before meeting up with Lars again.

"Thanks again. I'm by the way. I think we've met before; briefly. Would you like to accompany HERSCHEL and me on the Ferris wheel?" He asks, taking the baby carrier and strapping it back onto his chest with the Applin inside it.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Share your Carnival experience on a social media under #Funtasia

[break][break]
ORALE OLDBOY + ♔
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 9:23:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The good news? The Applin didn’t fuss too much.

The bad news? This Tauros ride was broken and needed much more fixing. Whoops.

(At least the line wasn’t too long, though!)

And then, he remembered. Remembered where he’d met the other—even if it was just for a short amount of time.

“…you know, you did good by not staying at the meeting where we last saw each other,” he muttered quietly as he looked around and handed the carrier back. “Can’t say if it was for the best or anything, but… wait, aren’t you the ambassador or something? Or did you step down?”

Yes, at least this wasn’t going to be awkward, which was good.

“I’m not doing anything for most of the day, I came to check out the gym here before heading down to join the festivities,” he added. “Lead the way to the Ferris wheel, then!”

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 1:52:30 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

"I stepped down not too long ago," Remiel nods as they make their way towards the FERRIS WHEEL line. "My cousin is the new GALARIAN AMBASSADOR to HOENN. I, on the other hand, am pursuing dual citizenship while resuming my career as an archaeologist." There was a hint of pride in those words. And, if Lars looked closely enough, a somewhat melancholic smile.

There was, of course, a lot that Remiel had left out of that statement. But he figured they would have more time to talk once they were sat in a Ferris wheel carriage. Which, much to his surprise, didn't have a line of people waiting for them at all. "It's our lucky day." The royal remarks as they proceed through the empty maze to reach their attendant.

Since there were so few passengers, the attendant allowed them to choose any carriage color wanted before letting them board. Then, without further ado, the Ferris wheel would start its slow and gentle rotation.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Ride in the ferris wheel

[break][break]
ORALE OLDBOY + ♔
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 17:54:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Wait, doesn’t staying for a number of years in Hoenn while working grant you that?” he mused, curious. Unlike his companion for the day, he was… well, for lack of a better term he was technically half-Hoennian, having been born here; although he did have Alto Marean citizenship by blood thanks to his mother.

“Or did I miss something in all the red tape?” he chuckled as he followed the other through the long ‘maze’ in order to get to the Ferris wheel proper.

And of course, in a fit of hilarious irony, he would choose the purple-colored cab before following him in and making sure the cab door was securely locked, and away they went!

Never mind if the climb was slow, but that was the point of riding the Ferris wheel—to enjoy the view.

prompt: ride in the ferris wheel

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 9:10:54 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

Remiel chuckles. "You definitely missed something in all the red tape. But it's not your fault: there's a lot of red tape." He assures his friend. "I won't bore you with the details, but I've remained a sole citizen of GALAR with diplomatic immunity this whole time. The GALARIAN EMBASSY, itself, is considered a territory of GALAR within the host region. Now that I'm leaving it, however, I must adhere to the processes of law and citizenship if I wish to remain here— same as everybody else."

The Ferris wheel creaks slightly as it slowly carries them upward into the sky. Remiel's Applin struggles to position itself in its baby carrier, attempting to get a better look at the steadily increasing drop below. And Remiel, of course, places both hands on the green apple as if he were protecting a baby who wishes to climb over the railing of its crib.

"That being said," The royal continues. "I've been meaning to ask you something: I've heard rumors of some within your organization who have done a lot to help TEAM ROCKET DEFECTORS transition to the LEAGUE. What are your thoughts on that?"

[break][break]
ORALE OLDBOY + ♔
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 19:28:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Ah, red tape. Everyone’s bane in the ass—especially when not working in or for the government. He chuckled before he sighed and leaned back against the Ferris wheel’s cab.

If he got the details right, then—oh, oof.

“Yikes, you’d have to get, I think, five years’ minimum residency or something, not sure about the fine details. I’ll look it up for you and send the full details on how to get dual citizenship.”

(Well, he was Hoennian by birth and Alto Marean by blood so he didn’t have any problem with that…)

The moment he brought up something that made his ears perk, he couldn’t help but grin a bit.

“Well, I’m sure you know that infamously turned and ran to the League, but then again there’s quite a number of people changing sides… the Rangers has a program similar to what you’re inquiring about. However, ’s the one who knows the details.”

And then it was like an open secret that there was quite a number of ex-Rockets who were now within the Ranger ranks.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
ORALE OLDBOY
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 7:07:22 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

It's an awkward position Remiel is in, considering his DEFECTION from TEAM ROCKET and his high-profile status as prince of Galar. Far too awkward for him to want to explain in detail. So, instead, he simply smiles, raises his hand, and shakes his head with gentle dismissiveness.

"Thank you, but there's no need, my friend. My situation is rather... complicated. I don't expect I'll have to wait that long to become a citizen, but there will certainly be some trials I must overcome first."

As they move on to the next topic of conversation, the royal leans back in his seat and nods. "Yes, I'm quite aware," He wasn't the first member of Team Rocket to defect. But he'd been the first ADMIN. And, truth be told, he'd already come to the bottom of this so called 'rumor' he was talking about.

"What I wanted to know, however, were your thoughts on it. Do you believe former members of Team Rocket deserve a second chance? Do you think the Rangers should be the ones to offer it?"

[break][break]
ORALE OLDBOY + ♔
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights