She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
491 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 2:44:32 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"No, you can't eat these!" She wags a stern finger at her beloved Munchlax who holds a cheri berry precariously above his mouth. "You are going to make me look bad." She pouts, hands on her hips, and the two of them have a brief standoff. Munchlax throws the berry at her instead, which she barely manages to catch.[break][break]

"Best. Behavior." She watches him for another moment to see if the stern voice sticks before turning back to the bushes before her. She's never really gardened before, but she understands the theory of it. It's important to look competent during her third ever ranger mission. It feels good to cut her teeth on something simple.[break][break]

The lady who had led her to the community garden in Oldale had been very kind. Members of the community were so busy lately that the fruit risked becoming overripe if it weren't picked soon. And how could she say no to a sweet old lady?[break][break]

"Might be here all day but, y'know, we're doing good. If you behave, I'll even get you some poke puffs." Munchlax perks up at the promise and hustles ever harder, making Robin double-over in laughter.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Collecting berries in the community garden in Oldale.[break]
Trying to prevent Munchlax from consuming all the spoils.[break]
Only Munchlax is released from the pokeball.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
if i could be as bold to say that, you make me a joy parade
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 16:12:57 GMT
saskia volosenkova Avatar
oleg doesn't eat much. and when he does eat, it's weird things. like rocks. and tree bark. he likes tree bark a lot. berries? saskia thought she's seen him eat berries before, but apparently not. apparently he just likes squishing them in his hands and rubbing the juices on the leaves. 

mrs. kimura is grateful for the help, but she'd given a sideways glance when saskia had trotted in with oleg on her head. the elgyem isn't the most helpful pokemon. 

seems she's not the only one with an unruly partner, though. saskia bounces her way over to the other girl in a ranger uniform and smiles wide. 

"your munchlax is so cute! and hi - i'm sasky. are you an oldale ranger too? i haven't seen you around our ourpost."
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
491 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:26:28 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin turns to the stranger quickly, her smile turning into a matching grin at the presence of a ranger armband. "Hey, Sasky! I'm Robin. I'm from Dewford, but they've been encouraging my urge to travel so I can get more experience. I'm pretty, uh, focused on one thing as a ranger, so it's good to become more well-rounded." Okay, maybe that sounded strange. "I'm really focused on helping ghost wildlife. It's good to expand my horizons, though."

Dealing with graveyards and folks terrified of a little phantump felt like her calling, but it's good to see where else she can help. She would have never guessed she'd be picking berries, though. "This is my first time in Oldale, actually. It's a really cool city." She pulls some cherri berries into her basket gently. She's not used to gardening, so she doesn't know how rough she can be with them. She might be here for a few extra hours because of the extra delicate touch, but she doesn't want to report back with smashed berries. "Have you always been here?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 2:36:07 GMT
"ohhh, dewford. right on the water. do you go to the beach a lot? i hear the sand is nicer than slateport's. less rocks." she's never been. 

"ghost wildlife! oh wow. we have a few ghost-types that haunt some of the older houses in town, but i've never trained one. most of the ones i've met are little sweethearts."

saskia laughs when robin tells her oldale's a cool city. she might mean it, but boy is oldale a sleepy little town. not many folks could claim it's cooler than a place like mauville. 

"kinda. was born 'n raised, but i studied abroad in snowpoint with my grandfather for the past couple years. got back a few months ago as soon as the bubble went down. it's been weird, with everything going on, y'know?"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
491 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 3:50:17 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin shrugged noncommittally. "Dewford's alright." She'd been leaning on this ranger thing to avoid home lately. She warmed up again at the mention of ghost types. "Yeah. I love 'em. I like haunted places a lot." She felt like ghost types and her were kindred spirits, especially with how ghosts didn't fit in well with the real world, and she didn't quite fit in with her family. But whatever.

"How were things in snowpoint? I've never left Hoenn." She placed the final cherri berry in her basket, then set it down at the front of the garden entrance. There were several other bushes to continue harvest, but at least those berries were finished. She wondered how they'd be dispensed among the community. "This is kind of therapeutic," Robin mused aloud. "Maybe I should start up a garden."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 1:22:01 GMT
"snowpoint was a dreammmm," she says with an exaggerated sigh. she still misses the snow. and her grandfather's hot cocoa. and not the stinky, awful heat. the ranger uniforms over there never smelled as bad as she smells, like, all the time now. 

eh, she'll acclimate eventually.

she realizes she hasn't really been filling her basket. not like robin has. but that's okay. oleg's been filling it up for her...one berry at a time. he totters up to her now and waves one hand, gently pushing it over the lip of the basket that's just too out of his reach, and the berry tumbles in. 

"we have a little garden at home, but papa takes care of it. some of those crops can be a heck of a lot of work. but this is kinda nice, you know? coming out with all these people and getting to watch 'em all pick berries. i wouldn't have met you!"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
491 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 17:47:28 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin smiles at Saskia's kind words. "I'm glad I met you, too. I've been travelling too much to meet other trainers, and I think it's best for Munchlax and myself to get more socializing in." She grabbed a berry that had fallen to the ground because it had gotten too ripe. "I heard gardens can be fun to maintain, but random pokemon are often attracted to them. They might require too much of a close eye for someone like me who travels so much. Does your dad's garden get a lot of surprise visitors?"

She rubbed at a kasib berry before deciding it wasn't quite ripe. Those kinds took much longer to grow than most berries, she knew.

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 3:11:48 GMT
"not really actually," she says cheerily. "he has these homemade pest control things that keep wild pokemon at bay. although there was that one time i accidentally left some honey outside and oh boy, that did not go over well. did you know honey is like, super crazy for pokemon? they love it."

oleg beeps an incredibly long, high-pitched series of beeps, which makes saskia simultaneously wince and grin. 

"but you should come by sometime and see it!"
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
491 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 6:17:51 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's eyebrows shot up at the thought of pokemon dogpiling over some honey. She could believe, though. She had some shipped from Mauville that was excellent, and the actual source of the honey was unknown to her. Still, she felt like she could stampede through a crowd for another bottle. "I can't imagine the chaos," she admitted as Munchlax shook another tree for its fresh loot, "but I kinda wanna see it. It'd be awesome to see your family garden. Think you could make time for me next week?"

She had entered this mission with a bit of anxiety, and now she was leaving with a new buddy. Not bad. "I've had just enough berries for one day, I think." While they'd chatted, she'd filled several baskets with the assistance of her pokemon. The garden was no longer at risk of rotting overripe fruit because of their efforts. "But it was nice to have a successful mission and a new friend, Sasky." She shook her hand out for a formal goodbye, a big grin on her face.

close tab

played by

crow

sasky
she/her
twenty-two
april 06
oldale
affectionate
ranger
small time
awards
194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @saskia
saskia volosenkova
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 18:05:08 GMT
"oh gosh, yeah! absolutely!" saskia says with an enthusiastic nod of her head. oleg does a little jig in delight and then consequently slams his face down into an overripe berry, sending juice all over her ankles and her shoes. saskia grimaces and plucks him up into her arms, fiddling with him like a baby. 

"yeah, on that note, i think oleg's done too. it was really great meeting you, robin!"

and with her own basket full of berries, she returns home. leaving hours of chattering her dad's ear completely off about her new bestie while they make cobblers.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,051 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Berry Serious [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 4:44:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: