part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 4:29:45 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 ’NOOOO!!!’ the young boy wailed wildly as the balloon drifted from their small hand. The young mother tried, but she couldn’t deter the child’s tears from cascading down their cheeks.

It doesn’t take much, just the subtle shift of the breeze to bring the bright red balloon back down to them. Eva jumps up, grasping the thin chord in one hand to pull it back down. Her fingers diligently tie a little knot in the end of the string to loop around the child’s wrist, “Be careful with that,” she smiles, slipping the loop over the boy’s petite hand. He leaves smiling, and Eva stands, content with her good deed of the day. She watches them disappear into the shadows between the booths’ flashing lights.

+ Cheer up a distressed kid

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 4:46:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FUSION

CARNIVAL

THE BOY IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CARNIVAL ITSELF. a peaceful pick me up that’ll escape them the moment they let time whisk this memory away. it’s up to them to tether it around their wrist, for however long they’ll hold. but, not everything is meant to be an allegory.

could you help me with mine?

the question comes from a less than pleased fernando who’s been decorated with POKEMON BALLOONS. he’s practically covered in them, which contrast the profession attire that lie behind stretched plastic and bright colors. the consequence of helping one of the less popular stalls empty their goods is being a scapegoat for children to latch onto.

his wrist and arm are covered in clumsily wrapped strings.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

— Help a carny with a troublesome customer or other issue
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 5:06:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Fernando? She doesn’t say it out loud, but she turns to see the last person she expects standing in the flashing lights of the carnival. A bright laugh rings out over the bells and whistles of the stalls. He looks ridiculous covered in so many balloons. Despite her amusement, she moves to help him without hesitation.

Eva bats away a rogue Poochyena balloon animal from smacking her face, “What on earth are you doing with so many balloons?” she relieves him of about half of his load and loops them over her own forearm before securing the other half to his arm. It at least leaves them both with one free hand, “You don’t wanna keep all these, right?” she asks as she passes off one balloon to a passerby with a bright smile.

+ Give a prize away to an NPC

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 5:23:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FUSION

CARNIVAL

“PUTTING THEM TO GOOD USE,” he says plainly, masking his annoyance with drawl monotony.

the bouquet proves more orderly now that they’re done up properly. the floating pokemon align with their arms, almost as if representing their own teams. he can’t help but scowl at his selection, diverting his focus back on the head professor.

i was hoping to pawn these off on you and but…

he his eye wanders slightly behind her, piercing past the crowd to scan between countless faces.

i can’t seem to find her. perhaps she’s using this time wisely to run off with her boyfriend.

— Give your prize away to your thread partner or an NPC
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 5:36:40 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Fernando is terrible at masking his disdain for his current predicament. It’s all that more amusing to the head professor who wears a silly grin as a result. A day out in the sun socializing has done a number on her, bringing back some of that persistent optimism and cheerfulness she’s known for.

“Awww how kind,” her words drip with a playful sarcasm. She follows the gaze of his eye behind her, not recognizing anyone amongst the crowd, “Guess you’ll just have to settle with me,” she shifts in place to stand beside him, two professionals sandwiched between bouquets of balloons, “We all don’t have that luxury, I guess,” a part of her misses it - someone to run off with.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 5:51:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FUSION

CARNIVAL

“SETTLE?”

a silent ‘hmph’ lumps in his throat but he never vocalizes it. instead, his natural instinct is to riposte.

i could do far worse than you, morales.

he hides a wry smirk that’s overshadowed by the reflected colors of his balloon.

and, in that same vein—

you could do much better. empty praise meant to flatter and disarm. something he almost commits to before he catches himself mid-sentence.

how fresh was her annulment? how much does it still weigh on her? he can’t say so he plays it safe.

—it’s good to see you take some time off work. have you eaten yet, morales?

— Offer a carnival treat to someone else
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 6:32:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 A single eye brow raises, allowing a brief glance to her side to judge whether she should consider that a compliment or a subtle jab. It’s hard to tell beneath the reds, greens, and blues casting shadows over his already stoic expression. She admires it for a moment; the kaleidoscope of colors against a pristine background she’s used to seeing under the fluorescent lights of her lab.

“It-” she hesitates for a moment, as if admitting it is wrong in some way, “- feels good to,” even though half the time at the carnival she is working. There’s much more publicity to do now that she’s an avatar and not just a Head Professor. A tie to Rayquaza is more appealing to the public than science.

“Not yet, I was on my way to. I was trying to find this stand that’s supposed to have a good veggie corn dog,” her brows furrowed in determination once again, “Those are normally hard to find.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 7:49:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FUSION

CARNIVAL

“AH,” his voice tries to not express the inevitable disappointment that follows the precursor of vegetarian. a reminder he has to actively refresh on when dealing with her palate; a cross between moral compass and self satisfaction.

the vendors were clustered around the souvenir shops. we can head there,” he suggests, “unless you had prior engagements.

— Visit the Joyland Pop-up souvenir booths
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 17:22:11 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Nope! I was wandering around on my own,” After a quick survey to get her bearings, Eva leads the way towards the Joyland souvenir booth (which is pretty hard to miss). Just as promised, the fairly open area is enclosed by a variety of vendors with small queues.

“I think the one I want is over there,” she points towards The Odd Oddish food truck, a rising star in vegetarian cuisine, “What are you in the mood for?”

+ Visit Joyland Pop-up Souvenir shop

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 19:32:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FUSION

CARNIVAL

“VEGETARIAN IS FINE,” he says without missing a beat. to his surprise, the line moves promptly, giving them little time to chat before they’ve each given a dog.

how was your time slot for the meet your heroes stall?

— Eat a carnival treat
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 5:28:32 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The line moves swiftly as they pass the time with idle conversation. Eva buys the two corndogs (it was her idea after all) and passes on off to Fernando. Her shoulder shrugs lightly as she pumps some ketchup onto hers, “It was . . . different than what I expected,” she pauses before taking a bite, “In a good way, I guess,” she quickly clarifies, “I like meeting people, but it was more people than I expected,” she was use to being just the scientist - the one in the background. Now, with Rayquaza, she was somebody.

“Did you have to do that too? Being a gym leader and all,” she still didn’t know how he found the time to juggle so many titles. It was quite impressive.

+ Eat a carnival treat

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 19:27:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FUSION

CARNIVAL

“YOU’RE A ROLE MODEL,” he reminds her at the tail end of her comment.

like her own taste, fernando pumps his glizzy full of secret sauce. but instead of one long spurt across its length, he partakes in every condiment, one section at a time. an odd look on paper but practical in the sense that each bite has a different taste and texture. relish, mustard, mayo, ketchup.

i’m not very popular of a gym leader,” should be no surprise considering how automated his gym is. “most came to talk to me about being a council member and SILPH CO.

— Eat a carnival treat
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 19:16:03 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 A role model? The idea of that makes her giggle softly. Of course, it’s not a foreign concept. She’s been a version of a role model in each era of her life. It was a powerful thing to be, herself always being her own worst critic.

“Yeah, sure,” she sounds unconvinced, sparing Fernando’s unique style of dressing his corndog a brief glance of curiosity before digging back into her own. She aimlessly wanders, leading them further away from the condiments and towards a quieter part of the busy area.

“How do you do it?” she asks suddenly, her attention fixed on the multi-faceted man in front of her, “Juggle being a gym leader, a council member, and CEO? You never seem to miss a step,” Eva found herself struggling to just do her own job well.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 21:02:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FUSION

CARNIVAL

“I DON’T,” is his upfront answer. “my gym is automated and i rarely partake in the actual battles. i just supply it with trainers and pokemon.

he pauses.

most of my life now revolves around being a council member. SILPH CO. is in a good enough place that i only have to make heavy decisions. decisions that are often in line or related to council work.

which makes his titles look less impressive in his eyes. a quiet humbleness that contradicts what others see—and what he weaponizes to tear others down.

but when i do miss a step—when i trip up—i pick myself up before you can notice,” he offers with a grim smile. one that’s faint enough that most do not notice. but time, and repetition, make him predictable to those who have learned his habits.

— Eat a carnival treat
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
FUSION [woff]
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 5:18:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Hm, you work smart,” she should expect nothing less from such a well established man. Unfortunately, he’s an outlier. Mediocrity and deception have become expected. She’s played around in the sandbox for too long with little boys that pretended to be men. Her standards are embarrassingly low.

“Well, Silph, you play the game well,” the corner of her lip twitches up to match his grim smile. Eva is still learning the rules. She wipes her hands clean of the mediocre morsel and discards her waste in the nearby trash can. It wasn’t what she dreamed it would be.

Perhaps she dreams too much and doesn't place enough faith in what is practical.

“I think I’ll take the rest of the night off,” her smile brightens, “Have any plans?”