awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Float Like a Beedrill, Sting Like a...? [GYM][C/Alex]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 18:25:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully, he was able to clear the second obstacle.

And yet there were two more waiting up ahead…

While he waited up ahead for his challenger to catch up so that they could enter the next obstacle together, several ricocheting Bullet Seed shells would strike the Flygon’s tail; thankfully missing her completely.

However, with her Flygon’s tail getting struck, steering and balance may prove harder with the next obstacle… one that hasn’t been seen in a while.

The flames were back, oh yes… however they were now rings on fire.

“Can’t skip around them!” he yelled as he blew on ahead, easily clearing the first few wildly-swinging hoops that were on fire.

If she wasn’t careful, then she might end the course with less hair on her head!

D|fOkxdL

Part 3: aerial Circus Charlie; roll lower than the total Alex’s rolls to pass! Should you roll higher, do you want to know what happens?

·
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 21:19:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The blazing hoops ahead made Shalin happy she switched rides last moment. Even a single ember from those circus-like rings would have set the wasp's wings alight and sent them crashing to the ground. Though the dragon's were translucent and insect-like, they were much tougher. They could handle the heat. The tail strike hit one of her mount's stabilizing fins, making Shalin counter-steer to compensate. Sandy could largely adjust on her own, but the physical directing was more than welcome.

She wouldn't have a lot of time to find hew new neutral position, one that took effort to maintain, before having to also guide her partner through the blazing rings! Leaning in as low as she could to keep her own hair from being set on fire, she aimed to travel through their center. If they got off course, perhaps the wake of the displaced air from the ground-type's vibration would force any loose embers away from them rather than closer.

9Vv6LNdh

{WC: 161}
{PC: 9}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Sandy           Flygon            Good
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 16:33:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There was a reason why this particular obstacle was one of the more dangerous ones—not only were the rings swinging in random directions (no relying on a pendulum here!), the added bonus was that they were literally on fire, which made the timing all the more trickier.

Over where the greenette was flying, they would clear the first few rings with ease, however a sudden shift in wind would throw the next few off-course.

It was a good thing she’d switched mounts at the last second too—anything fire, when combined with a Bug-type, would definitely fry the poor thing’s wings to a crisp!

The current ring that they were traversing would suddenly shift direction mid-flight, and if they weren’t careful, their Flygon’s tail would catch fire if left unchecked!

Up ahead, he’d managed to fly on ahead—however, the loud buzzing noise from his own Flygon was alerting him that something was up…

48ofmiCc

Part 3: aerial Circus Charlie; roll higher than the total Alex’s rolls to pass! Should you roll lower, do you want to know what happens?

·
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 17:13:36 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Flygon were some of the most nimble Pokémon in the air, able to independently control the thrust on each of their wings to make quick turns that would make less skilled riders squeamish. Alex and Shalin were two of the most skilled in Hoenn, the Birdfather handling the vibration with little trouble.

The noise of the tail strike against the final ring that shifted in the wind made Shalin flinch. It was only the dragon's fire-retardant scales that kept the tail from igniting and forcing her to land early. A surge of vibration coursed through her after the collision, Sandy desperately trying to massage away the pain of contact with a searing object.

Even her thighs were starting to get sore and stiff. As much as she was known for withstanding vibration, there was a reason when she rode upon one of her insects' buzzing wings, the length of the ride was measured in seconds.

ZGdV|xID

{PC: 10}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 20:02:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

After all the insanity that they’d flown through, the very last obstacle would be—

An oldie, but a very familiar goodie.

(For this was also the same one that he ended ’s challenge with.)

From high octane adrenaline, to one of technical skill and finesse—a long-welcome respite from three successive rounds of insanity:

The aerial rope crawl.

Only this time it looked to be twice as large as its previous iteration, which he noticed right away and cracked a knowing grin. Maybe it was because of the time that two Golurks flew through it, however the size of the last obstacle would look to be the standard moving forward…

For our greenette challenger, passing the last few flaming rings would prove to grant her a lead—but for how long?

Considering that the myriad variety of ropes strung out and across to form dizzying patterns would mean cooperative work between rider and Pokémon to clear the final obstacle, how far along would that lead last?

yeihJl|C

Part 4: aerial rope crawl; land exactly one of Alex’s rolls to progress forward! Should your rolls miss, do you want to know what happens?

·
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 21:15:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It had been a long time since Shalin had been on a ride so rough that it made her thighs ache like his. She had survived some inhuman feats thanks to her suit. Not even the crack of a whip could unseat Shalin when she was synced with her Pokémon, as she had demonstrated to Hoenn's masses with her venusaur. The length and intensity of the course, though, was a real killer. Was this what Josh experienced when he raced Pokémon?

Sandy was so nimble she could easily overcome the myriad of ropes. They could be in a more dense field and she could fly around them all. It was as though a Flygon was the perfect Pokémon for the challenge. There was just the matter of her wings not getting caught in them and shredding them from the speed with which they flapped. Every turn the course took Shalin on flung her to one side, the Flygon's insectile agility taking quite the toll on her lithe body.

HQMt3zk6

{PC: 11}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 18:28:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

They were both definitely struggling at this point—after three successive insane obstacles, this last one was meant to be more of a reprieve—but it almost also proved to be ’s undoing had he not noticed the cable that had snagged around—

Okay, to be fair, it was either him or the Golurk that would’ve gotten stuck had they not noticed in time that they were going to get strangled by accident!

With the way the ropes were all crossed together, it would prove to be difficult—even for Alex himself—to maneuver through this last obstacle! At least the good thing about this was that they could finally catch their breath before clearing this last hurdle—

For the greenette, the penultimate hurdle would present itself to be some of the thinner, finer cables snagging on her Flygon’s tail; should they inch forward with sudden movement, then they might get bucked off and tangled themselves on the obstacle altogether!

J8de9sew

Part 4: aerial rope crawl; land exactly both of Alex’s rolls to clear the final stretch! Should your rolls miss, do you want to know what happens?

·
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 1:59:11 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The cables snagging on Sandy's tail made the vibration all the rougher; even Shalin, the girl perhaps used to it more than anyone else in Hoenn, could feel every pore of her skin throbbing. The metallic sounds the stuck cables reverberated with was equally unsettling. If they were made of fibers, the vibration would have disintegrated the point of attachment. There was no grinding down metal, though; were Sandy to blast her wings at full speed to try to dislodge herself, she would cause damage to the structure long before one of those cables snapped.

Instead, the challenger glanced back from time to time to see where Sandy was snared. Perhaps she could see how her Flygon was ensnared and try to dislodge herself with a quick, dragonfly-like motion to dislodge the cable's end from the green scales they were hooked on!

0Lc244n7

{WC: 142}
{PC: 12}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 18:34:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At this point, he’d already cleared the final obstacle and was waiting outside with his relieved Flygon who was now doing loop-de-loops in mid-air; while waiting for their challenger of the day to come out…

It wouldn’t take too long for something to happen; and that something would be the sound of a cable snapping. Maybe it had gotten snagged on the other Flygon’s tail, maybe it had tripped one of the other wires, however the singular snapping noise…

…would give way to a sudden series of snapping noises from within the obstacle—

“Shalin, get out of there now!” he yelled the moment he heard the crackling in his ear and the panicked shouting coming through the reception; hopefully the other was fast enough to get out of the series of snapping noises getting louder and louder the longer they took…

Hopefully, once they were both out—the snapping noises would come to a stop; however there would be a certain section of the entire course that now looked like a tangled ball of yarn…

“You cut it too close! Even for someone who’s managed to finish this non-trad, the set up of obstacles was wild… and for the record, I was not involved with choosing any of them! It’s all randomized!” he wheezed the moment the other would get close.

He would then make a gesture for her to hold out her hand—

“You know, if you weren’t too busy riding, or trying to ride every single ridable thing that exists in the Pokéverse I’d ask you to take a part-time shift or two out here as a Gym Trainer, but I know you have other engagements to deal with, so…”

Once she would hold out her hand, he would drop something small and cold in it.

“Honestly, I have no words for your style of flying. Definitely wilder than me, that’s for sure! And you thought I was weird for doing this without a saddle…”

He let a few moments of silence pass.

“Congratulations on earning the Skyrider Badge!”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 22:21:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Entangled in the cables, Sandy churned her wings faster and harder in an effort to free herself, making Shalin wince. She loved the chaos of the vibration some of her ride Pokémon could put on, but without her suit, it was downright painful for her to absorb as she dragon's body smacked her legs and thighs dozens of times per second. All the crackling sounds were the obstacle's structure giving way with the sheer force of her mount's vibrations.

Once Sandy was free of all the wires, she shot forward from their force no longer slowing her down, causing Shalin to ragdoll in her saddle. It took some time for her to come to after the whiplash, her experiences being a passenger on her Venusaur's Vine Whip helping some, though it made her realize just how reliant she was on her suit.

"If I wasn't Rustboro's Captain, I'd take you up on that offer," Shalin replied with a weak smile. "Being a Captain is a full-time job. Otherwise I would!" she reiterated, taking the Gym Leader's befuddlement as a compliment. "Have you thought about a Sygna Suit of your own? Gym Leaders are pretty wealthy from what I gather. You could fly just as wild as I could with one!" While she wasn't sure Alex would listen, it was a poorly veiled attempt to get him to try some of the nonsensical things she had done with her Pokémon.

While she wasn't interested in the Gym Circuit, she graciously accepted the feather-shaped Badge. "The entertainment of the challenge was what I came here for. Thank you! Who knows? One day maybe I'll find myself wanting to advance in the Gym circuit. That or enough Gyms have interesting challenges. I've got my eyes on a couple others, too." As she was about to leave, she turned around one last time. "We've gotta find you a flying Pokémon you've never been on before and go riding together. It'll be really fun!"

{PC: 13}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 5:06:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: