awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emmett
emmett brookes
the gall... || c
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 11:52:42 GMT
emmett brookes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","emmett"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

People don't often realise the consequences of their actions until it's far too late. Case in point, the sudden influx of reports regarding Wingulls and Pelippers swooping people at local fish market. Money isn't as big of an issue as the safety of those visiting the place. And as much as he'd love to dump this case on some poor rookie, it's probably best not to let them get their eyes pecked out on their first assignment or something along those lines.[break][break]

"Ever dealt with vicious birds before?" The question is posed to as he leads the way. His eyes wander over the assortment of seafood available, sprouting a little thought of whether he could get a good dinner out of this. "Actually, I should probably ask if you're scared of them first."

[attr="class","ooc"] notes [break]
mission: don't feed the gulls

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".emmett"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett"]--accent:#E7D27C; --speech:#E7D27C;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .topimg"]background:url(https://i.imgur.com/4nplxxP.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc a"]color:#c39c15;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
the gall... || c
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 22:43:22 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"I've been attacked by vicious birds before. Does that count?" Gwendolyn offered some kind of reassurance for the man beside her, the ginger doing her best to remain upbeat despite the gap in experience between the two. "I was trying to work on fixing an electric fence when I was in middle school for my neighbor next door and Goomy got attacked by a passing Pidgeotto while on my head. That's the extent of my bird handling career."

Not exactly what the other man probably wanted to hear, but the ranger trainee was still sure to try and keep a brave face about their duties today. Dealing with flying types swooping down a fish market was pretty scary, but with her Magneton, they could handle this, surely! "I'm sure we can do this, though! This is way easier than most stuff you've done."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

emi
no preference
july 27
heahea city
: ^)
ranger
elite
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, fuck that noise
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emmett
emmett brookes
the gall... || c
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 17:28:21 GMT
emmett brookes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","emmett"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Atta-" He pauses for a moment, briefly giving the woman a lookover. "Well, you still standing here is probably as good a sign as I'll get."[break][break]

Despite what she says, he isn't certain whether she's just trying to fake her willingness to be here.[break][break]

"Don't push yourself, yeah? You can always leave if you don't feel safe." Not that he'd let harm come to her under his watch, but he isn't going to force her to stick around just to earn some credit in the ranks. Though shy to meet Gwendolyn's gaze, his Sylveon nods along, her feelers pressing together as if praying for their success.[break][break]

"Other than that, if you see anything or need help, just holler. I've got your back."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".emmett"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .topimg"]background:url(https://i.imgur.com/4nplxxP.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-100px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin:0px 4px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".emmett .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px; font-weight:600; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
the gall... || c
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 23:04:41 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"What, leave?! No way!" Gwen said as she shot Emmett a look. "Not on my first assignment. It's just a few birds coming at us, right? This can't be too difficult."

The ranger trainee went about walking through the fish market while the Wingulls and Pelippers had caught wind. Some sparse few would make the initial rounds flying about while others sat on rooftops and perches overhead. Just as all seemed calm, one dove straight for one stand.

"Not on my watch! Thunder Wave!"

Gwen threw out a Magneton as the steel type let out a series of hums and beeps wave emitting a large wave of elkectricity at the Wingull divebombing them. The attack hit its mark as the bird was hit and swerved around, retreating back into safety.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

emi
no preference
july 27
heahea city
: ^)
ranger
elite
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, fuck that noise
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emmett
emmett brookes
the gall... || c
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 8:55:48 GMT
emmett brookes Avatar
[attr="class","emmett"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"You'd be surprised."[break][break]

He'd sure been, back when the captain of Heahea City threw him to the wolv- birds? A chill runs down his spine and he sucks a quick breath through his teeth.[break][break]

Quick thinking and brilliant reactions mean that the Wingull is promptly fended off.[break][break]

"Nice job."[break][break]

With how expertly she handles this one, a part of Emmett wonders if he could just... leave the rest to her and slink off for a little sightseeing. Hell, she'd done even better than he had when he first started. But the sharp squeal of his Sylveon alerts him to danger, many pairs of beady eyes now turned to them - From atop signboards and street lights, from those perches atop stands and those little spaces in between them.[break][break]

One growls, then another. Then another. To be denied a hearty meal is a sin, and this pointless resistance must be quelled.[break][break]

"Na'au!"[break][break]

A Light Screen stands before them, rapidly expanding as a barrage of Water Guns are aimed at them.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
the gall... || c
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 1:55:41 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Those darn Wingulls and Pelippers had started to unleash rapid fire WATER GUNS at the both of the rangers. It had been pretty chil so far, and Gwen had thought that the birds would be scared away by that previous THUNDER WAVE. But that would appear not to be the case now! Emmett had given them some cover thanks to some pretty quick thinking and left them somewhat undoused.

"You jerks! Now this means war!" Gwen said, motioning to the Magneton by her. "Fire another warning around and try to get them to clear away!"

The Magneton buzzed along, creating a sphere of electricity in front of it. It crackled with a fierce might before launching it in the direction of the swarm of birds. Some indeed did fly away to avoid its direct path, while some others would receive a shock for their efforts and flee the scene.

"Keep it up! Let's blow enough out of here to send a message!"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights