shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 06 engage in battle with a malevolent spirits.
  • 07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.
  • 11 use the move 'destiny bond' or 'perish song'.
  • 16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base.
  • 21 encounter soulmarchers, marching parades of warrior spirits (pokemon or human) with feet that do not grace the ground.
  • 🗺️ utilize mega evolution in a pivotal way.
  • 🗺️ 's experience with the supernatural must be advantageous in some way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
THE BORDER: KR
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 21:03:27 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

Climbing down from floating island to floating island only got easier when the islands were close to one another, if they weren't then they just look for one of those wispy bridges to cross over like he's done before. That or resort to a leap of fate, they were already in a sort of limbo in the afterlife the more he sees of this place, so it was probably the best place to wind up as a ghostly spirit. Of course while he was probably only half serious he turned to the person he had tagging along with him into the border this time. Behind her was his Urshifu who was taking up the back to keep an eye out for anything they might encounter in here, reports of people fighting in here were starting to become frequent.

"Y'know this might actually be a fun place to vacation too," he said jokingly hoping to keep the mood of the party light, "Nice scenery and atmosphere, plus there's always plenty of company around the corner if ya get lonely." Speaking of vacation they were still on a mission to try and find a place to set up camp for the Rangers. So far they had no luck until they managed to get off the floating islands and came across a stretch of river that seemed to go off into the distance, on the other side of it was nothing but mountain range meaning that they were cut off from that direction.

"Well...guess we've hit a wall here. Maybe just take a break and think about our next move? Unless you think your up for a swim down this river to see where it goes, kind of our only other route here." They were only on a small stretch of land that didn't really feel usable thanks to how closed in it felt and appeared to be and the river was the only thing cutting right through it.

prompt: search for suitable locations for camps/bases

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 15:52:55 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's head was on a swivel as the duo traveled. Munchlax marched in front of her, though Kazimir took the lead. She had never been on an expedition like this, but she was eager to prove herself after making some ineffective tactical choices in front of a head ranger a few weeks ago. They were in the best possible location for her. She hoped her affinity for ghost types would prove useful because she was far too green a ranger to be an asset that way.

"I would actually kill to have a birthday party here," she said in response to his joke. "This place is so cool. Like a haunted house but awesomer." She couldn't keep the awe from her voice. She followed his lead to a sorta-closed-off area, but she perked up at his suggestion of the river.

"Oh, totally!" She wasn't the strongest swimmer, but she could hold her own well enough. "I've heard so many stories of distressed pokemon and even human spirits haunting bodies of water. I really like the one about the Kangaskhan that lost - oh, sorry. That's kinda creepy. What I mean is, I think the river is the right move." She tried to look appropriately interested rather than excited. Unfortunately, she opted to whisper the next bit, which made it seem more like a slumber party scary story than a potential component of their expedition: "Some people say that bodies of water can hold onto souls, so the spirits around water are even more malicious because they're trapped."

16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 4:38:25 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

As she whispered the legends of spirits inhabiting bodies of water the hairs on the back of Kaz's neck started to stand on end. At first he was all for taking a dip into the water and just letting it carry them somewhere down the line but after hearing that he wasn't so sure. They might end up going a whole different way if they had some nasty visitors show up while they were swimming in the water. No way he was going to take that chance especially where they were, but still that would mean that they were left at an impasse if they couldn't move forward in any way.

"Hm...well I guess if we had someway to safely go downstream then...we'd wouldn't have to worry about that." But would they even be able to build one with what they had on hand?

Then the sound of a bell rung out.

Kaz turned his head and saw the source but he couldn't believe it, down from up the river came a small dingy boat with a small silver creature at its helm that came to a crawl before stopping right in front of the duo and waving at them with a greeting. Kazimir scanned the boat and its captain as well as noticing that underneath it and the water was a pair of Basculegions pressed against the boat as if they were flotation devices.

"Guess that answers that." Answers what exactly? Their prayers? He did wish they had a safe way to travel and lo and behold one came right to them. As he took a step towards the boat the small creature let out a shrill cry jumping right in front of his foot and then jumping to the back of the boat where a small chest lay. It opened it up and revealed a small cache of coins of various metals and amounts from the looks of it. "I...think we have to pay. Right?"

The Ghimmieghoul nodded it head furiously in agreement with Kaz's assessment and held out its hands. Reaching in and taking out a small bag Kaz held it over the chest and let its contents pour out, an impressive stream of silver and bronze coins that managed to fill up the small chest quite nicely earning a look of wonder on the small creature's face. "That ought to be enough for two people right? Right." The little creature seemed to be too preoccupied with counting its payment letting Kaz climb on in, the boat moving around thanks to his large frame and weight as he held out a hand to to help her into the boat. "Feels safe enough, climb on in!"

prompt: offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.

[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 18:26:47 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Well, speak of the devil. A spirit on the water came their way, but it wasn't someone looking to drown others. "Gimmighoulgimmighoulgimmighoul." She clapped her hands together in small but frequent motions, following Kazimir closely. "I can't believe I actually get to see one this close." Gosh, she really should have brought her camera. She desperately wanted to capture it, too, but this expedition had too much at stake for her to consider it. She needed to prove herself to be reliable, adaptable, and capable.

"This is so incredible." She accepted his hand with thanks as she joined him on the boat. The trip downriver was gentle, though Robin stared at the depths of the water in hopes of seeing some haunting visage come through. None did, but she didn't let it ruin the moment. "I kind of wish we could see some soulmarchers though. Every culture has a story about pokemon that fall in battle going somewhere where they can continue to battle for eternity. No one agrees on the details, but they are most frequently called soulmarchers, and they're-"

The gimmighoul made a noise, and the boat came to an unnatural stop in the water. She nearly lost balance, forgetting about the momentum they had gained on the water. "What is it?" She asked, turning to it, but the ghost gestured to the left. She looked over and saw a half dozen Lucario marching in a formation; while they were consistent in their march, their little feets were not interacting with the ground at all.

Robin hopped off the boat without a glance backwards at the gimmighoul, though she made an excited 'follow me' hand gesture for Kazimir as she landed on solid ground again. The Lucario marchers all had an ephemeral quality to edges of their bodies. "Oh my goodness. The gimmighoul brought us to them." She nudged Kazimir's side. "Do you have a camera? Please take a picture of me with these guys. Oh my gosh, this is literally so cool."

encounter soulmarchers, marching parades of warrior spirits (pokemon or human) with feet that do not grace the ground.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 6:20:47 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

Their boat trip came to an abrupt stop when they neared a group of Lucario of all creatures who seemed to be making their way somewhere. "What the heck are they doing-" Before he could even ask a question his companion was already jumping off the boat to get a closer look at them. Kaz just stood in the rocking boat with a dumbfounded look before climbing out as he was called over by Robin.

As he followed and got closer he could tell that these weren't normal Lucario. For one thing they didn't really seem to mind that they were both there admiring them, or even paying attention to the two humans in any way. Second was the fact that they all seem to be floating right above the ground as Kaz caught a glimpse of a few that were more spread out from the group. Soulmarchers she called them? It sure was a sight to behold as seeing this many Lucario in the very least was something special.

"Uh...right, camera." His phone had a camera on it. He was caught off guard from her enthusiasm that he wasn't even thinking anymore. That would prove to be a mistake. "Yeah I got-whoa!"

One of the soulmarchers suddenly rushed passed almost knocking her over and came right at Kazimir with a fist drawn. Lucky for him Domon was right behind him and the Urshifu was quick on his feet to catch the punch in his palm and let out a growl at the Lucario. As Kaz took a step back he managed to get a full view of the Pokemon and saw it wasn't the average Lucario, it was a Mega-Lucario. "Shit, hey stay back! This one ain't friendly!" Its fur was much more matted and darker, almost dirty, from the looks of it and as it gave an empty stare at Domon it gave a headbutt to the Urshifu to catch it off guard before pressing its palms against the bear's chest and launching a Force Palm that sent Domon onto his back.

Its attention then turned to Kaz and with a single step rushed at the man with a flurry of punches. "Do these marchers!? Usually pick fights?! Cause-grak!" He couldn't get his questions out at all it seemed as a punch to the face sent him crashing to the ground as the Lucario stood over him growling with its teeth bared and ready to bite.

prompt: 06 engage in battle with a malevolent spirits.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 18:23:24 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin was considering what pose to make for the camera when a spirit pushed past her to attack Kazimir. She was frozen in place for several moments, stunned at the sight. She had never encountered an aggressive ghost, especially not one that didn't calm down in her presence. She normally found herself on the same wavelength as the ghosts around her, intuiting the vibe they were giving out almost immediately upon meeting them.

Munchlax tugged on her hand, and she returned to reality. "They shouldn't be picking fights! Something's agitated them!" That, or the Mega-Evo impacted behavior more than she thought. Soulmarchers really didn't follow an 'alpha,' though some were more militant in origin and did have some sort of captain or leader. In any case, they had a problem on their hands, and Munchlax wouldn't be much help here. She pulled a pokeball and released Gengar. "Destiny Bond!"

The Gengar pushed Destiny Bond onto the Mega, then hustled between the Lucario and Kazimir on the ground. The Gengar took the brunt of the bite. Being a dark type move, it hit twice as hard.

While Robin didn't like sacrificial plays, she had only ever had Gengar use it once before in all of her years with him. Gengar fainted, and his bond with the Mega brought him down as well. What remained were the other Lucario soulmarchers, but Robin didn't know if they would return to their march or attack also. More importantly -- "You ok?" She and Munchlax surrounded him quickly. "I've never seen someone tank a hit like that and stay conscious."

11 use the move 'destiny bond' or 'perish song'.
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 7:19:37 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

As both trainer and Pokemon managed to sit back up they witnessed a Gengar fighting off the ghostly Lucario and dragging it down with itself thanks to destiny bond. He was a trooper and his sacrifice won't be in vain. With the concern pouring down from above Kazimir just gave her a thumbs up and a smile as he sat straight up while his Urshifu pushed himself to his feet and shook off the dust. "Its no biggie. Got knocked around way worse before."

At this point he was pretty used to it but that would be his little secret for now. "Man, what was that all about though? I've heard of malevolent spirits but that thing just went for it. Almost felt like it wanted to kill us." It was a first for him and he had to wonder what they did to set it off. Or maybe it wasn't them but the spirit themself?

"You think if we ask them they'll tell us why one of them jumped us?" he asked as he kept his eye on the group of soul marchers still walking, "They don't look like they're talk...a...tive...shit watch out!" He shot up back to his feet and stood in front of Robin as another Lucario came running at them, this one Mega Evolved as well, and jumped at them with a dive kick. Domon had seen it coming a mile away and stepped in between the trainers and lucario and used his arms to block the attack and roar at the ghostly warrior as he pushed it off of him.

"Really another one? Guess we shouldn't hold back then, time to Mega evolve Domon!" He slipped on a glove with a bright stone that burst into light that trailed from the glove all over the Urshifu. Suddenly the bear's form began to change as he charged forward roaring with his fist raised up and unleashed a g-max one blow that sent the Mega Lucario flying into the water. Suddenly two of the soul marcher lucario's stopped in their tracks and turned their heads toward the group before suddenly sprinting at them. Domon was quick to intercept the both of them and try to fight them off and push them back.

"Geez what the hell? Cut off the head of one and two more pop up? These guys are already dead! What's their deal?!"

prompt: utilize mega evolution in a pivotal way.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 3:09:16 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Soulmarchers never do this, this is so-" Her response to his question was cut-off by an unwelcome surprise. It wasn't the only mega evolution.

She threw herself to the side to avoid the gigantic Lucario and its onslaught. She was thankful Kazimir was so well-equipped to take on such foes with his own mega evolution. The Domon fought with a special move and didn't hold back. It was awe-inspiring, but Robin couldn't spend the entire trip following him and being passive. No, she was a Ranger and needed to prove it.

She pushed herself up to her feet and approached the standard soulmarchers that looked ready to mob around them all. "Enough." Her voice was firm and gentle in equal amounts. She held a hand out to them, warningly, then raised her other in a placating motion. She spoke to them the same way she spoke to ghost pokemon from a young age, in a way that was soothing and devoid of negative emotions that many ghosts picked up on and amplified.

"Please go on your way. You were marching with purpose; don't invest in this distraction any longer. Please, continue to perform your duties." Soulmarchers were stuck in their ways, often following the same pattern for decades if not longer. It was why their assault had been so stunning to begin with. But with her voice, the soulmarchers seemed to ponder it for a moment before visibly resetting: their body language returned to the stiffness it had before as they rejoined their formation and marched past them.

She let them get some distance before she turned to Kazimir and Domon. "Um. All according to plan, yeah?" She exhaled out some of the anxiety she had been suppressing, giving way to relief. "By the way, I'll need to see that move again sometime." The gigamax move was almost the coolest part of the entire expedition. "And I need to make sure to report that soulmarcher behavior. We'll need more people out here to determine if its environmental or some other facotr entirely that's causing the hostility."

ROBIN COELLO's experience with the supernatural must be advantageous in some way.
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 8:40:48 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

As Robin stepped in between the Lucario and the Urshifu Domon still kept his guard up and his fists at the ready in case things went south fast. It might also been the adrenaline still pumping through his system that didn't quite go away. Even Kaz still was ready to throw himself into the mix if need be because of how sudden the attack first started out.

When it seemed like the newbie Ranger's words managed to quell the angry spirit both Kazimir and Domon watched as them and the soulmarchers walk off into the distance until they became nothing but a speck in the distance. That's when the both of them let their guard down and Kaz let's out a chuckle when asked if Domon could show off his special move once more. "Uh yeah, maybe we can do that when we get outta here. Maybe over a bit of a training battle or something to make sure we're more prepared for stuff like that happening."

Getting attacked by ghosts was never something he thought he could tick off a non-existent bucket list. "My opinion? I think its just some ghosts having a bit too much regret. Maybe we just had a run of bad luck running into those guys. That's just a theory though, you might be right that its something around here that made them act like that. I've seen the odd strange thing here and there when I came in here before but that's all I can really say, I've just seen stuff."

He would have to come back again to see if he could dig up any information on his own...or maybe use it for a spot of training with other warrior spirits. He noticed that his Urshifu never broke his gaze from where the soul marchers disappeared to, "If ya come back here you might wanna be a bit more prepared now. Never know what else is lurking around here."

6wfxZ6dk

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
874 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 18:16:31 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

He was willing to show her those moves again. Awesome! The adrenaline of the crazy encounter and of their journey altogether excited her. "Yes, 'training,'" she said with air quotes and a laugh. But she really would train for the next time (who knew if she'd always have a partner who was so capable of taking on a huge fight out of the blue). She nodded to his theory. "It could be a lot of things. Definitely, the spirits could be restless and resentful. This doesn't seem like the nicest environment for them." She would love to research it further.

"Next time, I'll have an Urshifu to be prepared." Munchlax smacked her calf as she said it, and she laughed as she ruffled his ears. "I'll still have you, of course. Don't worry." She readjusted the straps of her bag as it became clear it was time to part ways and prepare for future expeditions. "I appreciate you taking a chance on a rookie like me, Kazimir." She gave him a salute. "Until next time, yeah?"

Y5uogsoF
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing