Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHETTED
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 7:32:59 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]Cities made Rowan uncomfortable as of late, the tall buildings and populous population concealing any number of threats to himself. This was one occasion in which he found himself forced to break from his comfort, at the mercy of another. Ever since he'd been sent to the alternate Galar, Rowan had trained himself on the subtleties of simple combat, namely that of a bow and arrow. [break][break]

That wasn't where his interested ended, however. Team Rocket wouldn't simply use their Pokémon, Rowan needed to be prepared to use his body to defend himself against the forces of anarchy. It was this that reminded him of one , a knight from Galar he'd encountered once upon a time in the Cave of Origin.[break][break]

If there was anyone who could teach him in the ways of the blade, it was this man. And so, he waited, prepared to offer himself to the Knight in order to hone his skills, hoping they wouldn't recognize his former affiliation.[break][break]

[attr="class","rowwttag"]

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
WHETTED
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 1:19:57 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Whetted

With

It was a strange morning for Gwyar.

The receptionist at the city center had come into his classroom looking rather distraught— it hadn't been hard for him to guess that she had not, in fact, awakened to a sudden interest in swordsmanship.

No, she just wanted someone big and intimidating looking to go shush away the hobo standing outside, and there was no one larger in the building than him.

Somewhat off-put but always one to help a damse in distress (it was Freudian), he reluctantly stepped outside of the building, ready to confront the intimidating vagabond.

He couldn't quite find him, but he did find a vaguely familiar feeling young man standing near the entrance, his rough exterior and wiry physique giving him the impression that he wasn't one to mess with.

"... Good morning, young man! Did you need anything?"
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHETTED
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 5:58:26 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"I do, actually." Rowan stepped towards the knight, offering a pleasant smile. "I've heard you're one of the best blades here in Hoenn." Blue eyes flicked towards their blade, able to recognize the craftsmanship with ease. After all, there was only one place in the world that made steel as well-tempered as theirs.[break][break]

"Seeing as you're from Galar, I don't doubt those claims." The Ranger bowed his head slightly, a motion of greeting "Rowan Wrynn, I was hoping to solicit your services. I've come across the need as of late to learn the blade, myself."[break][break]

Rowan's friendly expression lessened slightly, eyes steeling ever so slightly. "Team Rocket wants me dead." Right to the meat of the matter, but he felt as though he could trust his countryman.

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#d4a53c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d4a53c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d4a53c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
WHETTED
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 20:32:35 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Whetted

With

"Oh." He uttered dryly as Rowan finished introducing himself, bringing into the conversation a rather alarming, if not all together rare note. "We could make a club out of the number of folk on their hit list at this rate."

Rowan Wrynn... the name was vaguely familiar to him, but he couldn't quite place it. Probably something he had learned shortlyb before the 20 years in Galar.

In any case.

"Hmm... How about you step inside and look around, before committing yourself to anything?" He said suggested, stepping aside to allow the young man inside. "I'll be the last person to ever speak ill of the effectiveness of swordsmanship, but I can't help but be curious as to your... reasons."

What exactly made him believe making himself a more effective fighter, as opposed to his own pokemon, was a better or necessary course of action...?

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHETTED
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 4:58:04 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]Rowan followed the man inside, an eyebrow raised at the sentiment they'd put forth. "Team Rocket doesn't hesitate to use weapons aside from Pokémon when going after their targets." Hell he'd even helped train in the ways of the using a knife, once upon a time.[break][break]

"It only seems prudent that I prepare for that eventuality, learn how to properly defend myself." He looked around as they stepped through the building, taking in the environment.[break][break]

"My brother is an Underboss, he's not exactly pleased I defected. It's personal for him, nothing is off the table."
[attr="class","rowwttag"]@tag

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
WHETTED
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 1:50:26 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Whetted

With

Gwyar froze mid-nod, staring at Rowan directly in the eye.

"You've chosen a rather difficult path through life, Young man." He said to the young, commendable, likely soon-to-be-dead man. He would've saluted him, had he been less tactful.

"I needn't hear more." He said simply. "I'll teach you as much as I can."

He rolled his shoulders, before giving the other a serious look.

"I cannot promise you it'll be useful to you in the immediate, however." He said simply. "Swordsmanship's... usefulness as a practical skill is not quite 'linear'. You'll need to become fairly proficient with it before you gain any real advantages from it."

Against trained opponents, at any rate.
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
WHETTED
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 4:24:18 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"I'm aware." A difficult path it was, but the one he'd trode before was one that led straight to hell. No manner of strife would dissuade him, not now. The bridge had been burned and there was no going back, not without damning his soul.[break][break]

Rowan nodded at their warning, conveying understanding. "I don't expect instant results, no need to worry about the impatience of youth." A small smirk crawled over his lips, betraying the grave nature of the words he'd spoken before.[break][break]

"I may be young, but I've lived through more than most at my age." Arceus, if that wasn't the truth.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
WHETTED
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:17:39 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Whetted

With

He smiled. Once upon a time, those words would've sounded like youthful arrogance; after living through Galar however, they could well be literal, depending on who he was talking to.

"Whether a student is impatient or not is of no concern to me." He wasn't hurting for people to teach.

If someone came seeking his guidance and quit a few lessons in, he still got paid, and they likely wouldn't have made for good swordsmen with such poor wills, at any rate.

"No, what I am warning you of is—" He said, crossing his arms over his chest. "You may be thrown into life or death circumstances long before you've grown proficient enough for any of this to have been more than a waste of time."

Team Rocket waited for no one, specially their 'traitors'.

This was Gwyar's warning that he may have been better off learning to shoot a gun now, among any other more immediate skills.

"I merely want you to be aware of what you're investing your limited time in." He said, nodding. "If even then, you believe this will be useful, then let us begin right away. You seem blessed with a stronger will than most— hopefully, your talent, too, will be top notch."