August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Sea: Doug & Kouji [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 15:57:34 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Using a battle like this to settle a personal vendetta was low, Kouji didn’t care what your reasons were. A rocket should concentrate on their duties.
[break][break]
Thankfully, his duties were making sure that no-one got onto the island; he stood on the back of his Dracovish, the pokemon paddling around at a sedated pace, looking around for prey like a shark.
[break][break]
He didn’t mind that, not really.
[break][break]
It was the people he was looking for, higher level threats as he liked to consider them. One of them just entered his sights, at the edge of his vision, but he wouldn’t forget that person, not ever.
[break][break]
John Sullivan.
[break][break]
He hadn’t gotten the name back then, but he’d studied now, worked on himself, he wasn’t just a rookie anymore. Dracovish seemed to be able to tell its trainer’s intent as Kouji sat down, properly seated for a fast rush. ”Fishous Rend, let’s take ‘em down as fast as possible.”
It was the ascent of a roar that allowed the fish-like dragon to take off with a large burst of speed.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

1 Post + Participation = 60

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 23:01:48 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SEA

Doug &

After the close encounter with , he had seen to it that all possible blind spots in their convoy's security slammed shut— mostly by sheer excess of Orbeetles.

The attack bounced off a barrier, an Orbeetle slowly descending from above, eyes aglow as it stared down the rocket and his pokemon.

Doug waved it off , his attention turning from the disembarking medic personnel behind him to the vaguely familiar young man approaching menacingly.

"What's with y'all?" He asked the other as he hopped off the ship and onto the sands below, his Orbeetle moving to stand before him. "We were all getting along so well— Now yer all tryin' to kill me. So boldly, too! I didn't do anything to deserve this."

Hadn't they buried the hatchet before the big war? Perhaps it had only looked like that to him.
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 13:13:53 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

The man was calm, maybe more calm than the last time that they had run into each other.
[break][break]
But there was one truth to everything, Kouji disliked that dream, and he disliked how the hatchet was buried, like the goals, objectives, the battles that were fought on Hoenn had never meant anything.
[break][break]
It made no sense to him.
[break][break]
”Aye, I’m thankful for your treatment, but I never forgot I was a Rocket, not even for a moment.” His voice was steady, his golden eyes didn’t move from Doug for a moment. It was a moment of respite he had needed in that world, he’d never forget that.
[break][break]
”I won’t kill ya though, just kick your ass a bit. Or turn around, I’d prefer if you did.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 0:44:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SEA

Doug &

"Why, though? You missed out." He said bluntly, smile slipping away. "A lot of y'all were happy for maybe the first time in your lives."

He couldn't imagine spending 20 years pretending to still be a rocket while the rest of the world around him moved on.

But then, that dream had eventually come crashing to an end, and they were all back to their old chains now, weren't they?

Still, he scoffed at the other's suggestion, patting Blissey patch emblazoned on his shoulder, the words 'Medic Corps' written under it.

"I've a duty to the injured." He said firmly, meeting the other's gaze as he unclipped a net ball from his shoulder holster.

"I didn't come looking for a fight— but I ain't backing down if anyone gets between me and my patients."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 2:45:27 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”That ain’t me, the only time I felt happy was in Rocket.”
[break][break]
”That other world was literal hell.” Kouji ran a hand through his hair as he readjusted himself, the battle would need to start eventually, now the question was whether he would stop this person?
[break][break]
Getting in close would be hell, he remembered that from before, this man could regenerate, and he’d seen just how long a race that could be from Bryan. He wasn’t feeling like running a marathon, his goal was to intercept.
[break][break]
”Sorry Doug, I’m gonna be standing in ya way today, so get your dukes up.”
[break][break]
”Route CD” He looked at the Dracovish as he gave the order before the Draconic fish sank beneath the waves, a blue light built up beneath the water.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 20:54:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SEA

Doug &

"That makes you sound unhinged. Rocket is heaven but peace is hell?" The medic pointed out wryly, hands on his hips as he leaned forward. "I'm (technically) qualified to be a Pediatric Psychologist. I could help out, you know?"

Not that he was expecting the (formerly) young man to accept the help willfully. If he were ever processed by a judge though... maybe they could get him some mandatory sessions?

Hoh. There was an idea! With that in mind...

He clapped his gloved hands, letting one slid down to give a firm tug to one of his gloves before leaning forward once again, squinting his eyes at Kouji, holding a palm level with his brow.

"What am I puttin' up my dukes for if yer pussying out way over there?" He said dryly. "Guess we ain't running the ones today."

Well, that was fine. A regular pokemon battle was more his style anyway.

"Kira." He intoned. A large frame leapt off from the nearby ship's deck, landing heavily onto the sand.

Rising to her full height, the Golisopod popped its neck audibly, its gaze falling unto Kouji.

"Eyes on the water. Something's coming– so!" He swept his arm over before himself. "Freeze the shore!"

The Golisopod did not pause to consider the order, eyes gleaming as she held both arms level with her waist, before suddenly swinging them forth.

Twin archs of frozen energy swung forth and crashed into the water, making waves rise and crash moments before freezing in place, creating thick layers of rock-hard ice over the shore.
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 3:08:16 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji chuckled.
[break][break]
”Mah, it’s just a difference in our backgrounds. I was raised and trained to fight, most people weren’t, that’s all it is. Your normal ain’t mine, so I’ll pass on that.” But getting close was out of the question, that much he was certain of. Kouji looked over at the ongoing battle just as Dracovish’ Dragon Pulse impacted against the glass.
[break][break]
No, Ice. It was a sheet of ice that exploded into a mist, obscuring vision for a moment, it was difficult to see past it, or if anything had worked out properly. Kouji wondered just what would happen next.
[break][break]
”Nah, I just don’t want my entire existence to hurt. Had enough of it back in Galar, and here.” He said with an even voice.
[break][break]
”Path P.” It was a charge with his maw, as if cutting beyond water and ice-like mist in a singular shot, it would be difficult to find his opponent in this kind of scenario, but there were things to be said of striking coal.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 19:04:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SEA

Doug &

"That ain't how human psyche works." He said, beginning to walk towards the other youth. "Ain't no way you were 'raised' like this. Beaten into shape seems more likely."

The other's dragon-fish was stuck all the way over at the beach dealing with his bug. It was a good time to test just how much leeway he could get out of Kouji's conviction to not engage him.

He didn't see exactly what happened next, but a blanket of icy mist had suddenly covered the beach, making him lose sight of the other youth.

He could hear him shouting orders, though.

He decided to let Kira handle the other pokemon on her own for now— He and Kouji had catching up to do.

"Put your mitts up, hairdo!" He screamed into the mist, sprinting in the general direction of Kouji's voice.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 18:10:03 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”I’m a bit different to your usual specimen.” Kouji said as he moved, if voices travelled, he could travel just as well. He wished he could throw his voice or something, but then again…
[break][break]
He wanted that fight too.
[break][break]
He just knew better than to fall into that trap.
[break][break]
”No fucking way, Dr.Pink.” He said as he felt the man run towards him, Kouji threw a knife in that general direction instead, going for a strong strike instead as he ducked away, the mist would keep him covered.
[break][break]
But that didn’t mean he wouldn’t keep talking. ”The hell do you know anyway? You ever seen how great Kanto was? How much it made brats grow?” He said, wondering if he like many other of the strong individuals he’d met were from that place.
[break][break]
Kouji’d seen it himself, been taking to it enough times, partaken a few, it had molded him into the man he was.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 16:06:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SEA

Doug &

"Did you just go 'I'm built different'?" Doug scoffed, swallowing down a laugh.

It didn't last long however— a knife came flying out of the mist, making him swallow his laughter with a yelp as his hand rose to catch it on reflex.

He caught it alright. Pretty deep, too.

"SHIT! DAMN IT! Fudge!" He cursed in three steps: first in surprise, second when stabbed, third when pulling it out. "Hey asshole, you lost something!"

Now armed with a knife in hand, Doug took a deep breath before turning in the direction of Kouji's voice, lightly cocking his head at the other's words.

Not that they could see each other anyway.

"I was born and raised in Kanto." He said bluntly, beginning to walk towards the voice yet again. "My home village became one of the frontlines."

Burning fields, destroyed homes, bloody corpses, friends and family who would never come back.

"Nothing glorious 'bout that hellhole."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 3:27:26 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”But you’re standing here.”
[break][break]
There was no point in running, he hated that person’s touch, killing Doug wasn’t something he was capable of, nor something he wanted to do to someone who’d aided him so much. But, the least he could do was face this man squarely.
[break][break]
”Fuck this.”
[break][break]
With the knife having landed, he grabbed his own, there was going to be a clash, and he would keep it to a weapon’s fight, for however long he could.
[break][break]
So, the mist parted as Kouji jumped, knife aimed at Doug’s head before slashing downwards, a feint that was supposed to give him a small advantage.
[break][break]
”Look, I’d rather you just run, it’ll be better for the both of us. I don’t mind a fight, I love a fight. But, you’re not a bad guy.”
[break][break]
No, he was. Kouji was the bad guy in this scenario, the man across from him was a fighter just as much as he was.
[break][break]
There was some bittersweetness in that, but he couldn’t muster the same anger as he could before; something that he lost in that cell. ”Used to go with my old man a lot y’know? To Kanto, back in those days. We just smuggled, but kids like to get their noses into crap.”
[break][break]
”That crap’s why I’m here now, why’re you fighting against Rocket? You know how it ends.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 23:53:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SEA

Doug &

Blood tained the sands crimson as Doug caught the slash with his forearm, flinching as it dug into his flesh before pausing at the bone, grinding against it.

"To be fair..." Doug said, his face set in a pained grimace. "You assholes followed me here. Hnghraah!"

With a shout, he shoved back his arm against the other's face, his foot rising in an attempt to front kick him away.

Doug couldn't really compete with Kouji's years of combat training— he had only become a soldier at 16, and knife fighting hadn't been his preferred style anyway.

He could, however, afford to approach it with more confidence and recklessness than any sane, reasonable human being would ever dare.

"And I would rather be in an emergency room, but we're doing this instead." Doug said as he took a guiding stab at Kouji, the blade flying towards the youth's right eye— in hopes he would dodge left and straight into Doug's low, sweeping kick to his ankles.

It was weird, having what sounded like an actual heart to heart with what really was another kid holding a knife. No, that wasn't really right.

They both remembered. They were old men in kids' bodies, if anything.

"But is it a good reason to be here?" He asked the other. "Is an old memory and a history good enough to kill whoever they tell you to, whenever they tell you, whether you agree with the reason or not?"

Whatever the result of his exchange was with Kouji, he didn't press for advantages, pausing simply to stare at the knife in his hand.

"Ya ain't wrong— I know exactly how it ends." He said, before raising the knife. "All the more reason to fight and win."

No more children like him. No more death for the sake of someone's ambitions. He would not suffer it, he would not allow it. Not as long as he drew breath.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 4:41:13 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

All the more reason to win?
[break][break]
”We’re both smarter than that; we’re not here for some other person’s glory.” Neither of them were brats anymore, adults in the bodies of children; but that was what all young adults thought they were, and a dream faded far faster than memories, was way hazier.
[break][break]
The dodge was too close, it was guiding, Kouji could tell as the knee came up towards him; he had to block it with his arms and allow him to be forced backwards, restarting his offensive. The two were stuck in a knife struggle. ”We’re brats in their eyes, but, we’re not ere for their reasons. I have my reasons, you have yours. But…Can you die for them?”
[break][break]
”That’s the only answer for me, I’ll die either way, so grit your damn teeth.” He said as he went for a right hook that only acted as a fake as he dashed past; his leg hooking upwards to try to smack Doug, but in return Kouji felt the slash across his face, a sharp cut.
[break][break]
”I don’t have any reasons to disagree anymore. The people I don’t want to kill aren’t on the target, and anyone else might as well be one.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 0:01:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SEA

Doug &

The kick rocked Doug's face, the feeling of the knife biting onto something almost missed as his brain did black flips inside his skull, a tooth flying out of his mouth and landing on the sand.

It didn't last, the young soldier's focus snapping back into place like machinework, his eyes aglow as he threw down the knife towards the other's supporting foot.

"No reasons to disagree?" He said, his voice more impassioned, stumbling forward towards the other on the unsure footing of the sand, taking a swing at his face. "Killing people for nothing? Not a reason? Killing your friends because they can't deal with being rockets anymore? Still not a reason?

He was getting heated, and not just because of the harsh sunlight.

"You'll die either way?! What the fuck does that even mean!" He trying to push the other youth to the sand. "You think you're being cool, talking like you're some kinda sociopath? I know you aren't, asshole!"

He was so done with this man's nonsense. He was gonna get his actual thoughts even if he had to beat them out of him!

"Let me beat some self-preservation in ya, see if I fix your moral compass while at it! Grit YOUR teeth!" Swing!

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 10:54:06 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji took the first punch to the first, a strong swing that he felt strike his cheek; his jaw rattled and then got stuck, a proper strike.
[break][break]
The strike was proper, but the words struck more, he grit his teeth as asked as he felt the pain in his right jaw get stronger, until it was almost blinding, spots of white tried to take over his fate. ”Shut the fuck up.”
[break][break]
”The hell do you know about me? You’re wielding the same knife as me, throwing the same punches? You think you’re better, none of us are sociopaths…I just don’t have any other path. You don’t have any other paths. That’s why the fuck we’re fighting.”
[break][break]
”So come on, we’ll grit our teeth.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]