snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
sea: cillian vs illeana
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 17:05:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]here in the vast sea, she swears she's entered her own personal hell. interdream mist spills over toward the ocean like oil, coating waves and masking what vermin lie in the deep.

and while she's familiar with the purple mist, it still feels foreign... wrong.

the smell of salt air has become nauseating, reminiscent of another self and a water saw cutting through skin in search of bone. she swallows but the urge to empty her stomach still remains.

"anything?"

a probing question to the gyarados beneath her goes unanswered for the serpent has yet to detect anything. they sit in idle waters, waves lapping all around them, and her eyes come up empty handed with each darting search.

no primal markings. no sea queen. no alternate self with an island deity she should no longer have... only eerie silence and bubbling dread.

participation +50
1 ic post +10

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 9:44:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The first sign the Gyarados might have that something is wrong comes with the rippling electric current that surges around an underwater hunter. The water itself becomes charged beneath the eel's presence, and it strikes suddenly with a VOLT SWITCH.[break][break]

Shadows swallow the Eelektross, swirling and coalescing into a different shape — that of a massive, rusted anchor. Blood red seaweed curls around the metal limbs, and its single compass-eye glares with undisguised malice.[break][break]

These Pokémon clearly belonged to someone to coordinate their attacks so fluidly, yet their master is nowhere in sight.[break][break]

He lurks beneath, along with the distant PRESSURE of an ocean's goddess.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 3:50:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her stomach lurches into her throat as electricity surges up around them. her gyarados snarls and thrashes in an attempt to escape but the movement comes a moment too late - volt switch renders both pokemon and scientist hissing in pain.

and as her eyes dart to the depths, she finds a singular eye staring back up at her.

a shiver follows and scar tissue along her spine comes alive. she feels it move, hears it sing... for hymns of danger are closing in around her.

"draw them out."

her eyes narrow, sharpened against whetstone until they're daggers. her gyarados snarls and begins to swirl its tail around to whip up a whirlpool.

and as waves churn and coil, she looks for the monsters creeping beneath. if she blinks, she can almost make out their faces - watery and marked of primal origins, weapons conjured from the depths around them. shadows become sea limbs and they look to drown her.

she will not let them. she will end what she has started with simmering madness unhinging what little remains of an already fractured mind.

participation +50
2 ic posts +20

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 19:18:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A churning WHIRLPOOL begins to form, but it has completed only a few cycles before it begins to find resistance. The Dhelmise contests the swirling vortex of the sea serpent with its own prowess, forcing a stalemate amid the surf.[break][break]

Beneath those turbulent waves, a new threat begins to take shape.[break][break]

It's hard to make out colour at such depths, but the ridges of the bone-white plates along Lugia's broad back stand stark against her umbral silhouette. PRESSURE builds with her approach, but she is in no rush to reach the scientist.[break][break]

Clinging to one of those plates, the dark colours of his scuba gear shrouding him in her shadow, Cillian has no idea just what a gold mine they've struck. Not yet.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 3:56:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her gyarados's whirlpool meets resistance and she stares down at the stalemate, at the way waves struggle against each other. it brings memories of a ruined temple, of a people with sacrificial blood on their hands, of a hell coming from her own making.

and yet, she doesn't look to stop it yet...

for her eyes catch on bone-white flashes deep in the depths and it instills familiar sensations into her bones: fear and dread and searing rage.

she sees red in the shadows of spread fins - primordial markings conjured up from nightmares that haunt her in the waking hours of daylight. they're etched into her eyes, burned into retinas even when eyelids flutter shut. the face of a sea queen and the behemoth she calls patron... they swirl in the whirlpool beneath her and each wave sounds more and more like laughter if she truly focuses.

"face me yourself."

her eyes narrow. a grudge spanning the multiverse makes her impulsive, makes her weak. she gives into it as all cornered animals do, with bared teeth and sharpened claws.

her gyarados cranes its neck back as if winding up... and she taps three fingers against the scales of its neck to signal the attack's release. hyper beam shoots down through the center of the whirlpool, ignoring struggling waves and briny air to strike the deep.

"the water won't save you."

he can see a smile if he looks up - glinting and deadly and proud against waves.

"it certainly didn't save your soldiers from me."

participation +50
3 ic posts +30

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 11:55:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Though the HYPER BEAM tears through the churning WHIRLPOOL with great force, disrupting its flow, the phantom beneath the waves seems unaffected by the impact. It passes straight through the GHOST, a searing light to illuminate the threat beneath.[break][break]

cries challenge to the waves, and Lugia hears her.[break][break]

Such arrogance.[break][break]

His patron's words reverberate through Cillian, who has no choice but to hold on as she rises from the depths. He does not command her, and she will not back down to someone who issues so bold a challenge.[break][break]

PRESSURE hangs in the air as the glimpse of red Illeana's fractured mind has mistaken for primal markings is revealed to instead be the haunting crimson glare of not the Kyogre she expects, but a deep purple Lugia that erupts from the sea in a shower of sea-spray that turns quickly to RAIN.[break][break]

Cillian does not match Illeana's smile with his own. He is cold as the ocean's deep that sings his patron's blessings.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 2:33:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the beast that bursts from the deep comes as a startling surprise for it is not the titan that haunts her - it is something entirely different...

and a sharp gasp rushes from her throat into an early death at the sight.

"you -"

no.

it cannot be possible...

can it?

her expression cannot decide between rage and shock - it exists in an odd in-between state, flipping through the emotions as a child would a trick book.

"where did you get this pokemon?"

the sharpness of her voice almost startles herself, as if it sounds foreign and strange. could it be her alternate self bursting through the multiversal veil?

briefly, images flash through the mind's eye like a sickening movie reel: black toxins splattered across a see through floor, a sea king speaking of promises about a lugia, and his head rolling across the ground with a scarlet trail spreading out like a cape.

"how did sea hoenn get it back? what did they do to it?"

the last question is spoken more to herself than him or his patron, but the waves seem to still in that moment and the words echo louder than they should. she pales at the concept, at the mere thought of the lengths they must have gone to retrieve what had promised...

participation +50
4 ic posts +40

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 11:42:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her shock and anger comes as no surprise; it was a common reaction to Lugia's presence, to her altered state. Those who knew the legends of the Guardian of the Sea knew also of its white fins and gentle demeanour.[break][break]

Yet the Lugia that faces her is no less intelligent, and her ruby eyes narrow at the insinuation that she could be under anyone's command.[break][break]

Cillian, however, is focused far more intently on Illeana's next words.[break][break]

What does Sea Hoenn have to do with anything?[break][break]

Yet her implications settle like the rain over the ocean. She thinks he's with them. One of them.[break][break]

Sensing an opportunity to glean new information, Cillian speaks at last from Lugia's back. "Sea Hoenn is not responsible for her corruption." Then, risking suspicion but in firm defense of Lugia's pride, he says, "I am her willing vessel."[break][break]

Betrayed by the briefest whiff of ozone, a boom of THUNDER echoes through the sky, and lightning lances toward the Gyarados.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 3:05:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"as far as you know."

the evidence is damning - toxins of the same inky purple hue splattered across a glass floor tell a different story than the one he speaks of. she can still see the trail, can still feel the sensation of the toxin against her fingertips. with the adamant demanding of being given a lugia for the one they lost...

"it's no coincidence that you all had been looking for this pokemon, that its color is the same as that room."

she's certain.

and yet, there's confusion settling into spaces left behind by spreading tension. it feels like dread, like the cornering of a wounded animal.

"why do you speak of them as if you're not with them? had the vessel not been seeking reunion with their patron?"

the pieces are jagged - they do not fit together. something is wrong.

she does not get the chance to figure it out just yet. instead, thunder strikes and she yelps, tossed from her gyarados's back as the serpent faints beneath the sheer force of electricity.

and there, in the water, fear paralyzes her. the world begins to close in on her and she feels phantom limbs made of water grabbing at her body - they seek to yank her beneath the surface, to drown her in the rising tide of revenge. in her squirming panic, she manages to release a salamence. it tries to lift her out of the water with its tail, hovering just above the surface.

participation +50
5 ic posts +50
your pokemon gets knocked out +50

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 14:28:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The Gyarados falls, but Cillian is far too focused on her words to even think of reanimating it. He struggles to find the words to surreptitiously inquire after her meaning, but she sinks beneath the waves.[break][break]

Lugia denies all attempts at subtlety as her ruby eyes narrow.[break][break]

WHAT ROOM?[break][break]

It was not often the Guardian spoke to Cillian, let alone others. Her voice rumbles like telepathic thunder through his thoughts, and he knows then that this question is not meant for him. He shudders as her anger grips him.[break][break]

The violent gales of a SPRINGTIDE STORM form over the waves, threatening the Salamence as it fishes its trainer from the deep.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2023 5:04:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as springtide storm rocks through the air, her salamence snarls through turbulence. it struggles, but manages to hold steady enough to fully pluck the scientist from the sea.

she shivers as open air hits her drenched body, as his patron's voice booms through the mind.

"i - it was glass, designed like a clock, and it had this dark, toxic substance splattered on the floor."

a moment of silence passes, swallowed only by hungry waves falling over each other.

"that's all i know."

all she remembers, at least. the rest does not haunt her through daily life, not in the way other elements of the experience do.

her salamence snarls once more, as if in warning. for her or their opponents, she isn't quite sure.

"are you their lugia, or ours?"

she speaks in terms of dimensions, of spatial borders between their hoenn and sea hoenn - if it lands, she does not know.

participation +50
6 ic posts +60

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 20:50:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Before she retracts from his mind and severs their psychic bond, Cillian feels a flash of his patron's confusion and distress. She did not often go into detail about what had transpired to bring about her corruption, but he understood from a combination of 's words and conversations with Rocket's scientists that they'd found her amidst a group of Nihilego in the ruins beneath the Silver Spire.[break][break]

There had been no mention of a clock, and certainly no mention of Sea Hoenn. So what was the truth?[break][break]

Cillian attempts to reach out to her, but her mind remains closed.[break][break]

I belong to no one![break][break]

Her telepathic voice sharpens with anger, but Cillian catches the nuance where the distressed Guardian had not.[break][break]

"This world," he says. "Not theirs."[break][break]

Now, he drops the act and severs any perceived connection to that other world. Their world. Not mine.[break][break]

It would be easy to strike while the scientist was vulnerable, confused... but for Lugia's sake, Cillian clicks his tongue to pacify the Dhelmise that has once again rose near the surface of the sea.[break][break]

"They're hunting her." He fears for her. "Why?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 16:45:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]their lugia - this world's.

a prized possession in sea hoenn's eyes. she knows this, understands this... and yet, she feels a sadness creep in. it settles in her bones and festers, growing like ivy over paranoia and hatred for anything associated with the people of the sea's depths.

"good."

her tone is soft as it continues.

"they'll come for you - it might not be soon, but they will come for what was promised to them."

and his question, while sound and logical, finds no complete answer for she does not know the true inner workings behind their hunt. she knows of empty promises by a false queen of hoenn, of the ruins they shared, but the loss they experienced is their own trauma.

"to replace what they had lost, i believe."

she falls into silence for a moment, slightly hazy eyes falling onto his patron instead. there, they rest. there, they study.

"their world's lugia is gone and so, they seek ours. i do not know what their reasoning is beyond that, but there is a connection between their world and the silver spire ruins. perhaps the answers lie there."

it's a kindness, she realizes, to divulge in this information with the enemy. whether it is a mistake, she could not say, but the lugia before her produces a certain melancholy she cannot shake. it drives her words, her actions, her paranoia.

participation +50
7 ic posts +70

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 21:55:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Most in Rocket have exceptions to their hatred. Cillian, the rarity among them, is feared precisely for his reputed ruthlessness. He had no mercy, and gave none.[break][break]

Yet here, in this storm-tossed sea, he proves human after all.[break][break]

"Who made such a promise?"[break][break]

She'd had no avatar before him, from what he understood. Was it a stranger who bargained her life to another world? Anger burns through him, but Cillian only hardens his expression and clenches his fist.[break][break]

He can recognize Illeana's kindness, though he does not know the reason for it.[break][break]

"Thank you." A pause, then, "I never saw you here."[break][break]

She was a high-priority target. He would be expected to bring her down at any cost... but even Cillian Quinn had things in life more important to him than Rocket, and the bond he'd forged with Lugia was one such thing.[break][break]

Lugia does not speak again, but she dips her head to the scientist in silent gratitude.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 3:38:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's said too much already - she knows this, understands this, but her mouth keeps moving regardless of her signed name on a formal document.

"someone no longer here yet deeply tied to sootopolis."

the name of almost leaves her lips but she refrains, holding back word vomit with a barely concealed gag.

"it doesn't matter who, though. as long as sea hoenn exists, they will find you."

she is as certain of it as she is of her own plans to annihilate their universe. perhaps if she is lucky enough, she will meet them head on before this prophecy comes to fruition - for not only herself but for the sea guardian here and now.

her eyes meet his in a stalemate of neutrality, not quite tense yet not quite forgiving. there is a white flag waving somewhere. she thinks it might be on her side.

"thank you."

her salamence snorts as if signaling the end of this truce for time has almost run out in the hourglass. it is down to the last grains of sand now.

"whatever happened to your lugia... i think the silver spire ruins are where it began."

she begins to climb up her salamence's back to settle comfortably between its shoulder blades. the dragon rotates and she gives them a final glance over her shoulder, a soft muttering escaping to drift along the briny breeze.

"if you see them, tell them i'm coming for all of them."

participation +50
8 ic posts +80
interdream mist +10
tying battle/mission +250
completing mission +100
sea mission +100
total +640