Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SECRET: CILLIAN & NOMI [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 1:25:31 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

It was with a heavy heart that Nomi found herself standing with on the rocky shores of the mysterious island that was the newest backdrop of yet another conflict between the League and Team Rocket. Wind whipped around them, and she idly reached up to tuck a stray lock of pink hair behind her ear. Kallistatus hovered nearby, surveying the terrain, searching for signs of the League.[break][break]
He almost killed Isaac... Nomi thought, chest aching every time she remembered the broken, bleeding, unrecognizable form of she'd stumbled upon not long after she'd sent her Unown out to look for the newest Rocket defector. Cillian had been doing his job, just like when he'd tortured : the role he had been conditioned to play as a Rocket Underboss, a victim of Kanto's unforgiving regime. Loyalty was all he ever demanded of the people close to him; to break that was no small thing. It was because of this, that when Nomi's initial shock over Isaac's betrayal had swiftly given way to anger, it hadn't been anger at Cillian, not really.[break][break]
It had been anger because of the lack of self-preservation Isaac had foolishly pursued.[break][break]
Anger because how dare he invite the wrath of someone like Cillian down upon him?[break][break]
Anger because she hadn't been able to protect Isaac from Cillian like she had with Parker.[break][break]
Anger because Isaac had promised he would stay by her side, and in the end, he'd lied.[break][break]
"I've been meaning to ask you for help," Nomi said to Cillian: a man she loved like a brother, even still, even though there were hairline fractures forming beneath Nomi's resolve. "I'm sure you read the report...about my new abilities." She paused. "I admit, it's all rather overwhelming. I need some practice, and who better to teach me?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Resurfaced Treasure: Secret[break]
Outfit vibes (face covered + pink hair tied up)
50 MP for participating in an MP Thread[break][break]10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2023 11:32:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Oblivious to 's inner turmoil, with no knowledge of how close she'd been to their recent defector, Cillian is no different than usual as they survey the island. If anything, her presence serves as comfort; has been distant, absent, and changed by a new-formed bond. Siblings of blood and bond suffer fractured ties, and she is the outlier.[break][break]

Or so he thinks.[break][break]

He does not smile, ever-serious on Rocket business, but there is a softening of gaze as it shifts to her.[break][break]

"I read it," he affirms. "I had some exposure to the abilities of the Architect, but yours differ in places."[break][break]

Fascinating, Cillian thinks, how different they are to one another. Like Shadow Pokémon, no two the same.[break][break]

Keeping that thought to himself, not wanting Nomi to feel more science experiment than friend, he nods to affirm his willingness to help.[break][break]

"Like any skill, I've found the powers of an Avatar are strengthened by practice and patience. What have you worked on the most? Where do you feel you're weakest?" A brief pause, not enough to answer, before he amends, "I know your powers are very new to you, and you might not know much. That's all right. Just answer to the best of your ability."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 3:22:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Cillian's tone was patient, which Nomi understood was a form of kindness coming from the Underboss, who was not necessarily known for having a gentle approach with everyone. If only Parker knew this side of him, she thought. Her girlfriend wasn't exactly on the greatest of terms with Cillian, and though it was understandbale, it bothered Nomi all the same, wishing the two could find some measure of reconciliation.[break][break]
"Well," Nomi mused, considering his question with the gravity it deserved. "It didn't take me too long to master the art of seeing through the eyes of my Unown. I would say that's definitely one of my strengths."[break][break]
She beckoned Kallistatus over, the shiny Unown-K at her side in an instant.[break][break]
"Like this," she said, then proceeded to demonstrate. Her normally crimson eyes turned completely white, as if a switch had been flipped in her brain, and just like that, she was looking at Cillian from Kallistatus's perspective from its higher vantage point.[break][break]
"I can see what Kal sees now," she explained. "There are no distance limitations as far as I can tell. My Unown can act as spies pretty much anywhere I send them. As long as I am in a safe location, of course. This does leave me rather vulnerable."[break][break]
Valerian often kept watch, of course, but...well, Cillian had asked her to talk about strengths and weaknesses, hadn't he?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

50 MP for participating in an MP Thread[break][break]10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 16:36:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Mars could do that, as well," he recalls of the sight-sharing; his experience with the power of the former underboss was limited, considering his subsequent return to Sinnoh. "Have you tested its limits?"[break][break]

How far could it go?[break][break]

He watches with fascination as her eyes turn white, waiting until she returns to herself to speak again.[break][break]

"Would it work across dimensions?" His eyes are eager. "Have you had the chance to try?"[break][break]

The possibilities seemed incredible and vast.[break][break]

Reining in his excitement, as they still had a mission ahead of them, he asks, "You mentioned the Unown Dimension. I wonder if you could sight share with your Unown between that dimension and ours... have you managed to get back since?"[break][break]

In her report, it had mentioned only that she thought it possible.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 3:38:05 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"No limitations," she repeated, lips quirking into an amused grin in response to his visible enthusiasm. She and Cillian had much in common, but one thing in particular was their shared appreciation for scientific innovation and discovery. The analytical unraveling of the mysteries surrounding her Avatar powers was as captivating a process for him as it was for her.[break][break]
His inquiry about seeing across dimensions was a fascinating one, something she had not yet considered on her own.[break][break]
"I would think it possible," She decided, glancing at Kallistatus thoughtfully. "After all, I have a direct connection to the Unown Dimension now."[break][break]
She had not been back since her confrontation with Holo, but she had carried with her since that fateful day an intuitive certainty that it was possible. As well as...[break][break]
"I've been meaning to visit again, and...I actually think I can take you with me," she declared excitedly. When she'd escaped Holo, she had been able to transfer not just herself to the Unown Dimension, but Isaac as well. Could she do such a thing again, but not under duress - rather, intentionally?[break][break]
She moved closer to Cillian, then gently took his hand in her much smaller one. She turned to Kallistatus and said kindly, "Take us to your dimension, please."[break][break]
At first, nothing happened. All she could hear was the cawing of Wingull and the rhythmic crashing of waves against the island's rocky shore.[break][break]
But then...[break][break]
[break]
A rushing sounded, and the world distorted around the two Rockets. Nomi felt her body - no, her entire being - bend forward, as if her soul was being sucked right out of her body and through a cosmic portal. And then, just like that, she was standing within the same purple-pink galaxy of unfamiliar, impossibly bright stars: the same exact place the Unown had first taken her upon exiting the infiltrated RKS Machine.[break][break]
All around her, within her, whispers - [break][break]
...the Visionary comes...
[break]
...She brings the Harbinger...
[break][break]
"Last time I was here, I saw the birth of the universe," she whispered casually to Cillian, as if that were not one of the most profound statements anyone could ever make. She smiled up at him with eager, awed, grateful eyes. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP use an avatar power in your thread[break][break]10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 20:47:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her connection to the Unown dimension set her apart. She was not the Architect, but the Visionary, and her connection to the Unown was as different as the title they'd given her.[break][break]

Brief thoughts of what another avatar of Lugia might be able to do are shelved; he did not like to entertain the idea of her abandonment.[break][break]

Not expecting an invitation to witness the marvels of this strange dimension himself, Cillian hesitates on a memory of a fractured Ultra Space, of the Giratina that had tried to end his life within. On thoughts of Dialga's mighty roar as it repaired rifts in time.[break][break]

But this was . He trusted her.[break][break]

He offers her his hand, and several beats of silence follow, broken by the squawk of nearby Wingull.[break][break]

Perhaps she couldn't, after all.[break][break]

He's opening his mouth to suggest that perhaps more practice is in order when a lurching sensation pulls the breath and voice from his lungs. It feels as though his very essence is being extracted and reformed. Nomi would feel his hand tighten around hers, the only indication of the alarm that surges through him and tenses all his muscles at once.[break][break]

Then, peace. Cosmos. Wonder.[break][break]

Nomi stuns him with a simple statement that feels impossible.[break][break]

Nothing was impossible in Hoenn, though, was it?[break][break]

"Wow," is all he can manage. "This is..."[break][break]

He can't find the words, so he laughs instead. A soft, genuine laugh that so few would ever get to hear.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 16:59:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi laughed too, heart leaping at the wonder reflected in Cillian's eyes. The genuine smile on his face softened him, handsome and regal, and Nomi knew that very few people ever had the privilege of seeing him like this. She squeezed his hand affectionately before letting go, then walked forward to greet the Unown that swirled above them, dancing amidst the vast cosmos.[break][break]
"I think this is where they all go - captured, wild - it doesn't matter. This is their home."[break][break]
Beside her, Kallistatus stood apart - its shining blue body marking it as unique. Several Unown drifted down to observe it, forming patters that spelled nonsensical words, though Nomi had a feeling it meant something to them. Kallistatus bobbed up and down in response, as if taking part in a silent conversation with the others.[break][break]
Nomi beamed at them.[break][break]
"I love them, Cill," she said simply, wholeheartedly. "I don't think many ever have. I think that's why they picked me...I offered them something more precious than power or wisdom, both of which they already have plenty of."[break][break]
An Unown-F seemed to sense her meaning, appearing by her shoulder.[break][break]
"Family," she murmured, then glanced over her shoulder back at Cillian. "That's what they are to me now. Like you."[break][break]
Despite it all - despite Isaac's fate - she still meant it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 22:08:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Home.[break][break]

A simple word with such a weight behind it.[break][break]

Upon learning that Gavin Merlino was actually Cillian Quinn, that the enigma from Kanto had a family and birthplace and history like any other Rocket, many wondered if he ever missed his home. They'd picture the snow-capped peaks of Circhester, the ancient city surrounding the Hero's Bath. What they didn't understand was this: Galar wasn't home.[break][break]

This was home.[break][break]

Not Hoenn, necessarily, but the people within it. His husband, . His siblings of blood and bond, , , and . Not the region they inhabited, but the love they offered to melt the ice around his heart.[break][break]

His eyes soften at Nomi's words, understanding.[break][break]

"That's why I was chosen, too."[break][break]

It's something he doesn't often divulge. His avatarship is personal to him. But he doesn't hesitate to tell Nomi.[break][break]

"I think everyone assumes we corrupted her, forced her into the choice, but..." He shakes his head. "Rocket entrusted her care to me after rescuing her from the Nihilego. She taught me that Pokémon were more than tools to suit our ends. She saved my life."[break][break]

It wasn't a cute turn of phrase; if Nomi had perused his report on the Blackout, she'd know the details of their fight against Necrozma.[break][break]

"So, I understand." His smile is just as soft as his laugh had been. "You're my family, too."[break][break]

He supposed, by extension, the Unown were as well. He smiles at the Unown-F that hovers near them.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 3:10:10 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

She. Lugia. Nomi smiled fondly, nodding as Cillian revealed the details of his Avatarship's beginnings. She understood his position well.[break][break]
"The Unown saved my life, too," she answered quietly. Reverently. "I would have died in the RKS Machine if not for them."[break][break]
Isaac too, but she didn't mention that.[break][break]
Even though she knew Cillian had accepted her as a sister, it still made her heart swell with pride to hear him call her family. Reacting to her joy, the Unown around the Rockets began to dance about in jovial revelry. As they did, a soft humming could be heard, rhythmic like a heartbeat. It made Nomi feel warm, like she was being engulfed by a loving embrace. Crystalline forms began to materialize in mid-air: a tiny Lugia surrounded by miniature Unown, a microcosm of the family Nomi and Cillian had been referencing.[break][break]
But then - [break][break]
I SEE YOU.
[break][break]
Nomi jerked, sensing a presence. Not the Unown. Not Cillian. Something else, something...deeper. Bigger. Older. As if the very realm itself was perceiving her. A sudden intuition told her that it was time to leave.[break][break]
Ripping her eyes away from the beautiful performance of the Unown, she moved to Cillian and gently took his hand in hers.[break][break]
"We can't stay here," she murmured, a hint of sadness to her tone, motioning for Kallistatus to join them in returning to Hoenn. "I'll take us back now."[break][break]
Nomi can teleport into the UNOWN DIMENSION; however, she can not stay for too long lest it perceives her because of the harsh elements ill-fitted for human beings.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 13:30:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The moment shared between them is as sweet as it is brief; nothing lasts forever in Hoenn, and Cillian doesn't miss the sudden shift in Nomi's demeanour. His features sharpen, muscles going stiff in preparation to fight some unseen enemy. To protect her, as he'd so often failed to protect .[break][break]

He doesn't question her when she says they need to leave. He nods, and waits.[break][break]

When they're back on Hoennian soil, strange and unexplored as this part of it was, Cillian rolls his shoulders to diffuse some of the built-up tension and cants his head curiously in her direction.[break][break]

"What happens if we stay?" Then, gentler, "Thank you for showing me."[break][break]

It felt like a very personal thing.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 2:28:58 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

They returned to the exact spot they'd left: the mysterious island with its enticing energy, the salty sea breeze tingling Nomi's nose. She teetered just slightly before regaining her footing, grasping onto Cillian's arm for balance. It was still a somewhat jarring experience - the transfer from one dimension to another. She wondered if she would ever get used to it.[break][break]
"I don't know," she answered honestly. "All I know is, if I linger too long there, I start to feel the presence of...something else. Something that's not the Unown. It perceives me and I can tell it...doesn't want me there?" She frowned. That wasn't quite it.[break][break]
"Anyway, there's more to discover there. Just like there is here." Her eyes swept their surroundings, as if seeing everything for the first time. A cave entrance...they needed to find one. That's why they were here, wasn't it? To get below the ground, find the source of the power hidden here.[break][break]
"I'm glad I was able to show you," Nomi murmured, glancing back at Cillian, a sincere smile dancing across her lips.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 7:30:43 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian shivers under the implication. Recalling the events of cyberspace, one name comes to mind.[break][break]

"Arceus?"[break][break]

And if it was, was it the Arceus the Triad claimed to work for? Was it the Creator who sought to destroy them, and end their supposed blight upon the world? They'll find no answers here on this strange new landmass, but still he wonders.[break][break]

Setting it aside, for now, he smiles.[break][break]

"I'm glad, too."[break][break]

His gentled demeanor sharpens into that of Rocket's underboss once more, signifying an anxiousness to progress. He could never relax for long, not even among his closest companions. So, knowing they must find their entry point, he asks, "Do you think you could scout with your Unown?"[break][break]

If she wanted to train her powers, it was a perfect opportunity.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 1:59:50 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Arceus.[break][break]
Cillian gave voice to a possibility that Nomi had not yet allowed herself to fully engage with. The implications of Arecus being able to sense her, directly, through the Unown Dimension...well, it was disconcerting, to say the least.[break][break]
But, an eager voice in the back of her mind urged. It's also an opportunity.[break][break]
Finding Arceus was the key to saving Hoenn, wasn't it? After all, they would likely live or die based on God's design. And whether or not God was truly working with the DRK Triad remained to be seen.[break][break]
"Perhaps," was all Nomi managed to say. Instead, she focused on Cillian's next question about scouting. The gentle older brother melted away, replaced by a superior in a highly dangerous criminal organization, so Nomi straightened and gathered her own professional resolve.[break][break]
"Yes," she answered simply. "I have used them in that capacity several times already. It is perhaps my most versatile ability."[break][break]
She took out several Pokeballs, released more Unown into the air around them.[break][break]
"I can switch between them, like security cameras. See and hear what they see and hear. Too many at a time, however, with too many rapid-fire changes in short succession can strain me."[break][break]
She looked out at the island's rugged landscape, tone determined.[break][break]
"Shall I practice now, then?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,882 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 8:20:18 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Though many were unsettled by the Unown, Cillian remains comforted by the knowledge that his own had saved him from being trapped in an alternate dimension, when Father Winter had sealed him in with his doppelganger. So, when Nomi releases several around her, he does not so much as shift. They are as welcome as friends in his presence.[break][break]

"If you weren't already our head scientist, I'd suggest a career in intel. Imagine!"[break][break]

He laughs, briefly melting his stoic exterior before it returns.[break][break]

To her question, he replies, "When else?"[break][break]

Her Unown could perform the work of several operatives at once, and eliminated the element of danger posed by sending an agent deep behind enemy lines. Pokémon could be recalled in an instant; humans were not so fortunate.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,353 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 17:59:35 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"I suspect Admin Bee will be pleased to hear about what I can do," she noted with a small laugh, thinking of their head of intelligence. "But you know me too well: I could never stop being a scientist."[break][break]
Without further delay, Nomi turned to the small group of Unown floating before her.[break][break]
"Allright, everyone. Scatter about the island: look for the League, and look for signs of the DRK Triad. Anything suspicious or supernatural in nature would also be of interest. I will check in with each of you over the next hour." She paused. "Kal, stay with me. I want you watching our backs."[break][break]
The Unown popped out of existence one by one, traveling through their dimension to various points across the island. Nomi's eyes flashed white as she looked through their eyes, switching between thick, luscious jungle, rocky shores, the mouths of caves, and various boats at sea. Beside her, the shiny Unown-K called Kallistatus remained, dutiful in its vigilance.[break][break]
"Jungle, shore, cave, sea..." Nomi rattled off the list of locations to Cillian. "I can see it all, Cillian."[break][break]
She smiled at the man standing across from her even as her gaze was far-away, observing the wider world around them as easily as breathing.[break][break]
"Now all that's required is patience."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]