part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 0:23:53 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

the camera in her hold captures her surroundings, julie humming to herself as she monitors the view finder. she wanted so desperately to be away from lumiose city, though the hustle and bustle of slateport never fails to comfort her. no one would truly understand how tense the julie solette is, what with that smile perpetually gracing her visage. seeking comfort and finding it are two different things entirely, and she can't help the way she relaxes when a familiar figure enters frame. her heart always betrays her when it comes to , and involuntarily, the plastered grin melts with warmth. [break][break]

her feet move faster than her brain comprehends, and with gentle excuse mes and pardon me, julie manages to enter mika's bubble with surprising swiftness.[break][break]

"mimi!" without warning, she hugs the taller's arm to her chest, tucking herself against the ranger's side with a giggle. "it's like you always know when i need you."
[break][break]

+ teehee ♥
[attr="class","pokeclass"]
[attr="class","credit"]milky
[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 3:43:30 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

what a beautiful day. mika enjoys days like these, where the weather is just right, the sun is high in the sky, and there's enough people for it to feel lively, but not yet crowded. her countenance is usually one that hardens with focus or downturns with scrutiny — not many see the softness under the calm surface, a gentle heart that eases under sigh of the sea breeze.
[break][break]
and thankfully, no one can hear mika's true thoughts, either. the doubts she has (whether it's about herself or the state of the region) not to mention her parents, who she'll never fully feel separate from.
[break][break]
these thoughts deepen and stretch, drag and scatter. then, a familiar voice pulls her out of her stupor, sweet and sudden as the weight against mika's arm that yields to the force and, by instinct, brings the other closer to her side. "j-jules!" julie's words are a stopper at mimi's throat, whatever momentary exasperation the ranger had now being replaced by a spike of concern, a wave of deeper (familiar) intrigue. "is everything okay?"
[break][break]
then, a pause. mika takes in the sight of julie: stunning, brilliant, and bright as always. the same as always. or is she? "i didn't expect to see you here."

[break][break]

+ | hehe (:<

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#596DB3; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
and it always becomes bittersweet.
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 7:11:24 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

jules, mika calls her without fail, even despite mika's usual insistence. the smile only grows and widens, hiding itself in the way she casts her gaze elsewhere. she relishes in this; in the familiar comfort of being near someone so dear to her (one of the only people, she thinks, but never says. just like so many others it's a thought buried in the nooks and crannies of julie's heart). in truth, julie had half expected mika to gently pry herself free, creating that distance she so poorly attempts to keep. [break][break]

perhaps it's julie's lucky day then. the tenseness subsides. [break][break]

deciding to bypass the initial inquiry, julie hums, reaching up to bop the other on the nose. "i should be saying that to you, mimi! i mean, after all, of course i'd be in some city. i'm not doing dangerous things, after all." [break][break]

she bats her eyelashes at that, ever playing the innocent card. they both know julie's lust for mild adventure is stronger than it would appear at first glance. it's part of her charm, is what she says whenever mika chides her, that a cute girl like her is willing to brave the unpredictability of the region. however, when said cute girl has a terrifying bewear by her side, there really isn't anything to worry about, now is there? [break][break]

"are you taking a break? how about we take a break together? walking around by myself takes a lot of energy!" without awaiting a response, she begins directing mika towards the closest bench, humming all the while. [break][break]

+ (teehee ♥)

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 8:15:18 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

ah. mika realizes a laugh and a breath too late that she's let julie hold on to her for too long. but as soon as she thinks that, there is a louder, more contested voice in the back of her head, insisting you wanted her to hold onto you, didn't you? [break][break]

afraid of answering herself either way, she lets julie stay, and more importantly, she drinks in the ichor of the julie's words — even her most playful cadence sounding sweet and sonorous in mika's ears. then when julie bops mika's nose, mika blinks, but ultimately lets a small, sedate smile appear on her face in response. not too excited, not too exasperated, just quiet and kind. [break][break]

just her. just mika, just julie. [break][break]

and the latter's unanswered inquiry does not go unnoticed, but mika half-knows the answer to it already. she's living it, herself. "i guess you have a point. but i'd wager that even without any ranger training, you're just as good out in the wild as any cadet." sometimes mika feels like their roles should have been reversed — that julie should have been the worldly adventurer getting into exciting scraps, while mika should have lived closer to people, that their presence might entice her to stay when she otherwise feels like leaving. [break][break]

sometimes, mika feels. and if she feels too much, she can't make sense of it, so she shoves all the unpleasant thoughts away for now, and focuses on julie. (not that that's hard for mika.) "yeah, sure we can. slateport is huge." she says this as they're practically sitting down already, but no big deal. they could all use some rest these days. [break][break]

"i have snacks." she fishes around her bag, but pauses to add on: "...and ruru would be happy to see you again, too."

[break][break]

+ | hehe (:<

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#596DB3; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2023 10:28:43 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

mika brings laughter so easily from her lips that julie almost forgets to be startled by it. the tease has her giggling into her fingers, knowing if any one else said the same words, she'd fervently deny it. julie solette is a fragile girl that wasn't suited for battling. she isn't suited for taking on the world, one step at a time. and it's true. she isn't. because there are so many things she has to figure out about herself and so many things left unsaid that, if left alone, would shatter the jewel that's dull once removed from the illusionary bright lights cast upon her. julie solette is a fragile girl, but the extent of her fragility is different depending on the recipient of the act.[break][break]

(and she always has to wonder: which julie does mika see and what julie does she want mika to see?) [break][break]

"always prepared, aren't you?" a rhetorical question because of course she is! it's expected of mika. always diligent and thorough. always earnest and kind. even now, she doesn't push julie away. is it to humor her? julie isn't sure, but she doesn't want to ask. she wants to bask in this closeness that mika has allowed her because eventually, they'll go back to drawing that wall between them so for now, before it's fortified, isn't it best to absorb as much as she can? [break][break]

it probably would have been easier on mika for julie to let go of her arm as she shuffles through her bag, though the girl clings on, even opting to rest her head on her shoulder. the mention of the cherubi has her perking up though, leaning into mika's space to gaze up at her, sparkles in her eyes.[break][break]

"really?! aw, it has been a while since we ran into each other! of course she'd miss me, wouldn't she?" julie practically beams with the revelation, hands patting mika's knees. "actually, you know? i was thinking the same thing, but with ami." the synchronicity of their thoughts isn't lost on her, but she doesn't linger on it for long (or at least, she tries not to. it's always exciting when their minds are of the same train). [break][break]

finally freeing mika from her hold and momentarily giving her some breathing room, julie reaches into her bag for her bounsweet's pokeball, calling her out without prompt. ami smiles up at her trainer in that dopey way of hers as always, though when her beady little eyes land on mika, she lets out an excited cry. with another laugh (she can never keep them from bubbling up in this company), julie leans forward and picks the bounsweet up, letting her roam free to settle in the space between the two.[break][break]

"i always think she likes you more than me." of course, she doesn't mean it. though, with how ami rubs her face against mika's forearm, it's clear she got her behavior from her trainer. [break][break]

+ / WILL YOU LET ME SLEEP

WRITE REPLY
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 1:45:47 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

the easiness of julie's laugh reminds mika of when they were younger. they'd have moments just like this: talking sweet, sitting together, forgetting about the world around them. those days were bottled halcyon, starry but fragile. but not even the light of fantasy or hope could block out the darkness of reality from clouding the glass — the fractured memories of yesterday. [break][break]

that weight hangs on the edge of mika's words, try as they might to sound ambivalent in the moment. she wants to answer i'm not always prepared, but i try to be in response, but the truth is that no one is prepared for someone like julie solette to re-enter their lives. [break][break]

mika believes the distance they usually maintain is necessary, because if julie is no longer at arm's length, mika won't feel the need to draw her in closer. and closer. and maybe if they're close enough, they can pretend the distance was never there to begin with. [break][break]

but mika fears the truth. if it had been so easy to push julie solette away, why is she sitting with her right now? [break][break]

she doesn't answer herself right away: jules' hands feel soft against their skin, and mimi can almost hear the echoes of themselves, only a few short years prior. had it been that long already? "yes, she missed you a lot." and she's not the only one, though mika doesn't dare let that thought take up any more space in her mind than it should. [break][break]

instead, the ranger directs their attention to the baby grass-types before them. there's something sweet about the pokemons' playfulness and innocence. mika almost wishes she could see the world the same way they did — simple and sweet. "hi, ami. i swear you get bigger everytime i see you." she gently pats the top of the bounsweet's head as a greeting. [break][break]

then she summons ruru out to play, and the two fruit-like pokemon quickly jump and squeal together as they always do, though it doesn't take long for them to direct their attention to the humans, as well. "heh, i could say the same about ruru, y'know. i might have to pry her off you by the end of the day!"

[break][break]

+ | I CAN'T SLEEP THOUGH

close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 10:08:32 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

a small laugh involuntarily escapes her, head bowed and hair curtaining her visage from her sole audience member. she missed you a lot. it's been far too long since they truly reunited for her to be feeling this way. to be lingering on passing remarks and taking solace in the smallest of touches. there isn't any hidden meaning in mika's words (at least, julie tries not to dig deeper than the surface because she knows better than anyone if curiosity wins, only wounds remain). ruru is the one that longed to see her. that's all there is to it. [break][break]

of course, julie longed for more than simply meeting like this. a multitude of things; love and affection for one. but she settles on friendship. because what she desires can come in many shapes and forms. and that's why this is enough. it has to be. [break][break]

unconsciously, her gaze follows the contact of palm against pokemon, and she finds herself lingering on her bounsweet's head. ami chirps happily, bumping her head against mika's retreating hand, oblivious to her trainer's stare. baby pink acrylics idly graze at her thighs, and with practiced effort, julie swallows back all that she means to say, her usual picturesque smile gracing her lips, the curtain of hair tucked behind her ear as she laughs gently. [break][break]

"i wouldn't mind babysitting ruru," she begins, squishing the cherubi's cheeks with her palms, amused at cheerfulness she's met with. "ami missed you, ruru missed me — i'm sure they wouldn't argue with swapping for the day." the cherubi's cheeks are rolled in tiny circles, an isn't that right? being directed at the young grass-type, her tone quickly dissolving into baby talk. but then she pauses, head tilting with her lips forming an 'o,' as if she had a life-changing realization. [break][break]

"oh, but... i don't think ami would be suited for ranger life, even for a day." the tiniest of frowns replace her grin, her hands gently squishing the cherubi again. "of course, i trust you to keep her safe and all that. it's more like..." with brows upturned, she smiles up at mika. "you know. ami likes to wander." which basically means the sweet little thing would be prone to wandering into danger. wonder where she got that habit of hers! weird. [break][break]

with a sigh, she shakes her head, finally releasing ruru of her endless squishing as her hands raise with a shrug. "you aren't too good with the energetic types, after all." her teeth gleam as she nudges mika's side with her elbow, grin cheeky. it's always so easy to fall back onto this cushion where julie teases mika without prompt. it makes things easier. it distracts her (but does it really? when it showcases she knows so much about the ranger than she'd care to admit to anyone other than mika themselves?). [break][break]

+ / my turn to not sleep. julie squishing ruru like a little plush doll fr

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
same as always
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 7:08:23 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

their pokemon are so excited, and mika relishes in that thoughtless happiness once more. things are different now between her and julie, this she knows. and yet, those incessant thoughts keep chasing mika and rearing their ugly head to her: what they had was beautiful and warm and affectionate, but it was also confusing and difficult and introspective. perhaps too introspective, and maybe if life had treated them both nicer, the separation of then and now wouldn't be so painful. [break][break]

but this is all in mika's head. none of their truth ever comes out (none of it ever does) when it matters most, and everything pares down to a sliver of emotion — passing glances, brief touches, the fleeting moments where they rush to cling to other aspects of normalcy, quick to move on but willing to ruminate, all the while. [break][break]

mika says, "swapping the two of them might be fun." ami and ruru love each other — and each other's trainer — enough that they could handle the change in environment. they might even find it fun, but as mika worries inwardly, julie mentions the worries aloud: ami isn't suited to a ranger's lifestyle, which is true. wandering can be fun and satisfying for energetic pokemon, sure, but they also run the risk of heading straight into dangers they're not prepared for. [break][break]

the ranger's next thoughts are interrupted by the sight of julie squishing ruru in her hands like some sort of doll. the cherry pokemon squeaks happily in response, and mika can't stop the smile from crossing her face. she glances at ami, in turn, and pats the bounsweet on the head multiple times over. (part of mika almost wants to humor everyone present and pick up ami, hold the pokemon close to her chest, and squish in up-and-down motions as opposed to julie's side-to-side squeezing. almost.) [break][break]

the playful jab that julie makes is not lost on mika, and the ranger huffs quietly in response — not quite stiffening, but not physically reciprocating julie's little nudge, either. she gives the other an inquisitive look, a slight edge of amusement to their voice. "i think it's more like...our energies are different." they know too much about each other, but who else can mika talk to like this? who else can ebb and flow with her; complement and contrast? who else? [break][break]

"but i agree. not the best idea in the end. sorry, girls." mika isn't sure how much of their conversation the two grass-types actually understood, but they clearly understand that a swap is not going to happen anytime soon. besides, who knows if julie will even meet mika like this again, and vice versa? [break][break]

"still...i'm glad." mika leans back into the bench, sighing. it takes a moment for her to finish her thought, amber gaze shifting like the setting sun in julie's direction. "...that you're doing well, i mean." of course, everyone could always be doing better, but julie's okay and her pokemon seem fine, and sometimes that's all one can ask for. [break][break]

"do you want any?" mika almost forgot to offer the snacks in question, having been distracted by cute pokemon and their antics. what she produces from her bag is a small tupperware container filled with grapes, strawberries, and sliced watermelon. followed by a bag of trail mix, which is then followed up by a couple bottles of water. [break][break]

always prepared, indeed.[break][break]

+ | my turn to not sleep either; insanity edition.

close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
same as always
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 10:45:29 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

it isn't lost on her. [break][break]

oh, it's never lost on her when mika doesn't reciprocate any playful touch or tease julie tosses her way. she wonders if mika has picked up on just how keenly aware julie is of each and every one of their interactions, no matter how small. she wonders if they see how julie pauses for a moment, as if to comprehend the slight burn the hoennian had harmed her with. she wonders if they're aware of the tiny cuts and scrapes that mar julie's heart that are brushed away with a laugh practiced to sound genuine. [break][break]

(but of course mika doesn't know, julie thinks idly. because "jules" is an enigma so perfectly molded to appear the very picture of openness. mika's julie never complained about anything pertaining to what they had and have. even when it all came to an end, julie never once spoke of the hurt that never really goes away; of the hurt that only throbs when graced by these crumbs of intimacy. it's hard, julie thinks. to let someone know the darkness beneath the sparkle of a gem, but she thinks it's easier to pretend than lay it all bear. [break][break]

so of course mika doesn't know. because julie never wants her to know. they're all secrets she'd rather take to the grave, because she thinks she owes that to the one that at least tried to cut a girl's strings).[break][break]

swallowing, julie's head bobs in a nod, humming fiddles with the tips of her hair. blowing out a sigh, she brushes it over her shoulder, leaning forward to look up at mika with a small pout. "i could be doing better," she begins, and before mika could even attempt to express any concern, she wags a manicured nail. "i could really use some company to a trip to lavaridge!" she grins widely at the ranger, lashes fluttering in that pretty please? way. that's right. it's better to move forward than to linger. try to look towards the future than internally. at least then the aching pains can be ignored.[break][break]

her smile only widens as she gestures to the snacks, plucking a strawberry from the container and waving it about. "i don't really pack things like this for a trip, you know? i usually only take granola bars and— well, you know what i usually keep in my bag." her free hand pats her large handbag for emphasis, a bite of the fruit taken as she does so. "oh, very sweet! just like you, mimi." it rolls off her tongue easily, julie paying no mind to any sort of reaction she gets to look down at her bounsweet walking across their legs to be fed. she holds the rest down for ami whom smiles and takes the rest of it in one big bite, julie's soft laugh accompanied by a be careful, okay?[break][break]

"a~ny~way~! ranger work can be tough, right? which is why we should go to lavaridge together and soak in the hot springs! i'd love to make a video on it too, since it's so popular. we both get to relax and i get footage. what do you say?" a water bottle is twisted open and she takes a sip, sighing in appreciation. [break][break]

"thank you for the snacks, by the way." she smiles shyly, patting her bag once again. "like i said. just granola bars." of course, she eats good once she's settled in a town, but for quick snacks, julie only relies on things that can't perish easily. it's nice to munch on a few fruits and not have to go to a cafe for them. it's like mika knew exactly what she needed, just like julie said she did. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ why do we keep replying at ungodly hours to this thread. also sorry i went insane.

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
same as always
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 8:33:08 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

they all say the same things in mika's head. [break][break]

don't look down when you're up high; don't stare into the void; don't look for the man behind the curtain. don't, don't, don't. what mika doesn't know won't hurt her, what she doesn't understand can't harm her. [break][break]

and yet... and yet, there is a weight to her and julie's interactions lately that have had this energy attached to it, lingering like spirits of their past, bright echoes that lure the unsuspecting towards something darker, heavier. they truly have to marvel at this new reality: a world where mika and julie know everything about each other, yet they also know nothing at all, hiding and morphing the parts of them that won't conform to the shape of the mask they favor. for mika, it's a hero's mask, brave and courageous, outspoken and fiery. it's the plumage of her talonflame, sora a million worlds braver and stronger than mika, but still willing to be led by her uncertain reins, nonetheless. it's fire-orange and sky-blue — it's the dawn sparking to life, the dusk fading to black. [break][break]

for mika, it's something that can be seen, that can be held. [break][break]

but for julie... "a trip to lavaridge?" mika repeats the words spoken just now, parsing through them like they're entirely foreign to her — a doppleganger on her lips. she casts the other woman a concerned look (with a tiny hint of curiosity, too, but mostly concern — irises an unyielding blaze that reflect the image of julie within, drinking her in despite every failed attempt to avoid familiarity), but doesn't outright deny the request when she asks, "...when?" it's not an automatic 'yes' to the question asked, but it's a way to probe deeper into the inquiry itself, and by proxy, the inquirer. [break][break]

yet mika says nothing as julie talks about the snacks, enervated by the sweet fruits and the pokemon around them. mika remembers julie's old habits well, and old memories overlap their current ones (a younger mimi chastising that jules should pack more than just granola bars, even if the trip is only a few hours in a day! and a younger jules laughing and saying that mimi always packs extra, anyway, so why bother? she always knew the right words, and the right time to say them). [break][break]

"...you make a fair point." and the trip to lavaridge can be dangerous. better to be at your side than not, the ranger thinks to themself with a nod. "i'll go with you. when are you free?" just then, ruru demands attention (and snacks) from her trainer, so mika temporarily looks away from julie, and to the cute little cherubi, instead. "alright, easy now, no need to gulp it down at once..." [break][break]

then she sits up straight, thinking back to what jules had just said. you don't need to thank me, her instinct says. "you're welcome," her mouth actually says. "it's nothing, really." it's the least i could do. "have some more." don't leave me. "you can take some with you for the road, too." [break][break]

+ | IMAGINE RESPONDING AT A NORMAL TIME AND/OR BEING NORMAL ABOUT THIS. I CAN'T (':

close tab

played by

eli

Jubes
she/her
may 28th
Lumiose City, Kalos
bisexual
vlogger
civillian
i still dream
of you & i
8008 height
8008 height
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paopu
Julie Solette
same as always
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 21:06:33 GMT
Julie Solette Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jubibi"]

perhaps she's always been just a tad bit cruel. perhaps it runs in her veins, in the deepest parts of her bones, marbled in the marrow, unable to be expelled. it's the effect of growing up privileged; she can make people dance to the symphony of her words, with so little as a bat of an eye. bile wells in her throat. she had never once left her family behind. [break][break]

when she asks mika to accompany her, she observes every little action the ranger takes. the pause, the hesitation, the way they roll her reasoning in her head before settling on an answer. the thing with their relationship now is a simple thing: mika can easily say 'no' to julie, and there would be no reason to complain. as lovers, there is obligation. as friends, there are simple possibilities. but mika always indulges her, and julie rides the waves of satisfaction until the tides die down and she is left in a lull. the grin that spreads on her lips in response feels twisted. i knew you'd come along, her heart says, but her lips mold around: "you're a lifesaver, mimi!" [break][break]

ugliness rears its head, and inside, julie finds herself withering. this isn't how it's supposed to be, and she knows it. these unknown tests she puts mika through, the way she pushes and pulls... but she needs confirmation, each and every time they meet like this. [break][break]

i want to know you still care, even just a little.[break][break]

it's always like this though, same as always. [break][break]

just the smallest of things makes julie run miles in her mind, and she finds herself leaning against mika's shoulder searching for sanctuary. they don't know it, but she's very much so exhausted. it's hard. being in love and trying to let go, but clinging to it all the same. human emotions were fickle, and a vague thought comes and goes: maybe this is why the solette family pretended to be dolls. [break][break]

"we can go whenever. i'm not busy like you are, so i guess it's more like... when are you free? if anything, you can always just give me a call." because if there's one person julie drops everything for, it's mika. maybe mika knew that? or maybe she thought julie was just free, any time she answered. who was it that dances to another's rhythm? it's hard to say. [break][break]

her fingers idly dance in the air to entertain their pokemon, a hum filling the oncoming silence. "you're just telling me to take stuff since you overpacked." she sits up from her place against mika's side and shoots them with a teasing grin. "you don't need to be embarrassed about that, mimi! you could've just said so~" she clasps her hands together as she sings, laughing soon after. "just kidding!" mika isn't clumsy like that. "i'll be sure to take some. if i say a snack is from you, my precious babies will be quick to gobble everything up!" [break][break]

she bops her little ami where a nose would be and smiles gently as the bounsweet grins brightly. "isn't that right?" it stung, the way julie's pokemon loved mika all the same, just in varying degrees. a huff of a laugh escapes her nose. at least it sounded amused [break][break]

"but, um, yeah!" the smile is directed back to mika, her head tilting slightly. "just let me know. i'd be happy to go whenever! but don't push yourself to make time for my sake. not like the hot springs are going anywhere." [break][break]

+ [break]
+ pov you're me trying to reply at a NORMAL hour for once but you're hit with the yuri and it drives you crazy insane asylum

[newclass=.jubibi]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ce8584;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass][newclass=.jubibi]position:relative;[/newclass][newclass=.jubibi .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
same as always
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 23:36:45 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

sometimes mika wonders if they aren't fighting a losing battle. denying julie, returning to ranger duties, playing the part of a cold and logical ex-lover. the feelings for julie haven't disappeared or lessened over time — it's just been harder to acknowledge their existence, their place in mika's heart. [break][break]

because if she still loves julie, why does she keep her at arm's length? why does she play this song and dance of reluctance, when the answer is so loud and clear within? part of mika wonders if surviving hoenn's horrors hadn't left her crueler, somehow — that after glimpsing death, she'd forgotten how to truly enjoy life, in turn. [break][break]

and when julie says that mika is a lifesaver, mika almost wants to protest. you're the one who makes life brighter, mika thinks. julie had been the one to color mika's dull world in all sorts of colors when they first met. and even now, the ranger looks for her in everything, in the bright rosy pinks and golds of the world, in the shades of sunlight that warm mika to the bone. "it's nothing," they finally say. "and you're right. i'll call you when i'm free." [break][break]

which might be sooner than either of them imagine. if there's one person that mika can always make time for, it's julie. when she thinks of meeting up with her, no matter how far flung in the future that might be, mika doesn't struggle picking a time or place like she does for other people. she doesn't dread the occasion to come, accepting it like some sort of trick of fate. [break][break]

if anything, they're looking forward to this, despite their initial hesitation. when's the last time mika really enjoyed a day off, anyway? they're hard-pressed to remember. "hehe, as long as you and your pokemon enjoy them." she'll be just as ready for lavaridge, too. "you know, ami and ruru are getting so big. hard to believe how small they were when we first got them..." nostalgia tints their voice now, coloring it out to the edges. they've really spent years of their life together, in a way, haven't they? [break][break]

maybe there's still more years to come, after all. "don't worry, jules. you're not twisting my arm — it'll be fun and relaxing, after all." and they smile back at her, the slightest bit of relief filling their lungs at the sight of someone so beloved and familiar. regardless of what had happened to drive them apart, mika finds that the same charms and simple ways bring them back together, slowly but surely. [break][break]

same as always. [break][break]

+ | YURI TIME!!!!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
same as always
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 0:21:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: