pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,621 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
survey: temp + makoto
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 3:54:17 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Stone grinds behind them.[break][break]

Tempest gives a brief, shaky sigh into the dark air. A flash of blue as he tosses out a pokeball. A yellow Luxray stands at his feet. She glows in odd patterns, letting out light that illuminates at least the area around the two of them.[break][break]

"You make it in, Makoto?" He tries to hide the shake of his palm as the cave stretches around them.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 14:49:47 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Much like Temp, Makoto lets out an exhale of their own as they step forward - taking a second to lean against the cool wall of these strange ruins. Trotting alongside them is their Alolan Ninetales, Tsukiko; similarly shiny, and similarly bearing glowing markings.

It is quiet in here. Still. A far-cry from the chaos outside. Makoto can actually hear themself think.

And they can also actually hear Temp's voice. As he addresses them, they glance in his direction and nod back. "Yeah," They confirm in a soft voice - as if to avoid disturbing the relative peace here. "How're you holding up?"
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,621 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 8:49:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"That's good." There is a palpable relief in Tempest's voice when he speaks; as if the idea of being alone without wasn't something he wanted to face.[break][break]

He does consider not answering the question, though.[break][break]

But, Makoto was his co-worker now, right? On a crack team no less... they needed to look out for one another. Know where to cover each other.[break][break]

So, with a shaky breath, he shakes his head and glances away from them and into the darkness. His cheeks darken to a slight pink.[break][break]

"... not well." Is admitted, sheepish.[break][break]

"I, uh... I have a phobia of being underground... and of caves....."[break][break]

And they were currently locked in one. His nerves felt like dozens of bugs under the skin.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 0:13:07 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
As Temp admits to his fear, Makoto blinks - perhaps a little... Surprised? They're not sure how to articulate it. Everyone has things that scare or unsettle them - things that get under their skin. But with how much of a ball of sunshine Temp always seems to be, it almost feels strange to hear that he's much the same.

But just as quickly as the surprise comes along, it shifts to sympathy as they nod in response. "Let's move quickly, then." They responded in suggestion. If the way out behind them wasn't an option - both due to the stone that had closed behind them, and due to the fighting going on beyond - then perhaps they could find a way out deeper in?

And the faster they went, then the sooner that they could get Temp out of here.

Tsukiko seemed to take sympathy in Temp's situation, as well - the fox striding closer, and nuzzling up alongside him like an affectionate feline in an attempt to comfort. Her fur was cool and soft, like freshly fallen snow.
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,621 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 5:29:26 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Mitten gave Tsukiko a withering look when the fox dared rub against Tempest. If the fox looked, she would then look away and raise her chin pointedly before walking forward. Only the lashing of the tip of her tail betraying her true feelings. Jealous thing.[break][break]

"Thanks." Thought hesitant, Tempest did seem grateful to . The gaping maw of darkness in front of them, even with their pokemon's efforts, was not comforting. The promise of battle outside or even ambush inside made it even less appealing. But somehow, Temp felt like he could take it on with Makoto here at his side.[break][break]

So he took a deep breath to try and steel himself and started to move forward. Something dripped in the distance. It vaguely reminded him of the place in Ultra Space he had explored once, wet and ragged and terrible.[break][break]

.... that made it worse. Maybe he should focus on Makoto to try and distract his racing thoughts.[break][break]

"So, uh... what, um... what kind of stuff do you like? Like, uh... to eat, I guess? I want to bring snacks for everyone." His eloquence if gone, now, but he still tries hard to get the thought through to the other.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 1:27:23 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Tsukiko didn't immediately notice anything amiss; but when she felt a sharp gaze on her back, and glanced over to see a Luxray and her flicking tail, well... The fox would take a second to put 2 and 2 together, before making a little foxlike laugh and sticking her tongue out at Mitten in a playful fashion. If the feline wasn't going to step up to comfort her sad human, then she would! And you snooze, you lose, if you're gonna be a slowpoke!

Makoto would cast a brief glance to the two pokemon - wondering briefly what was going on between them - but soon turned their attentions to Temp, nodding in response to his thanks. He was a coworker - both in the sense of being a fellow Rocket, and in the sense of them both having been chosen by Amor - so it only felt right to try and have his back in this.

But, they would be lying if they said they weren't also a little unsettled by the cave. By the absence of any immediate way in or out, of the only light present being that of their respective pokemon... Certainly not to the same degree as Tempest was, they were sure, but - they can absolutely see where some of the phobia comes from.

And thus, when he speaks, the distraction is a welcome one - even if they aren't immediately sure how to respond. "... Sweets, maybe, if we're talking snacks..? I've... always been a little bit fond of fruits, too." They suggested after a moment's thought - adding "My zorua, he - uhm - likes soft caramels as a treat. He's shy, but... He'd probably warm up to you, if you offered him some every once in awhile."

Glancing to Temp proper though, they'd ask "What about you? What do you like to eat?" May as well get to know him, right?
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,621 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 18:41:45 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Their steps click and crunch on the dirt and stone underneath their feet. Tempest keep trying very hard to focus on something else. On thoughts of , on how cool Marina had been when she mega evolved earlier, on the various research he had been doing ever since joining 's team....[break][break]

It only does so much to quell the fear inside of his chest.[break][break]

But speaks and Tempest listens. It is enough, for the moment, to distract him. To roll their words around in his head and try to continue the conversation. Not being trapped only in his mind is welcome.[break][break]

"I don't like sweets that much." Tempest had never really enjoyed them, even as a child. There were very few he would pick up and eat willingly. "But I like fruit. Pineapple is my favorite, but mango is also really good. Usually I eat salty things, like popcorn or peanuts, when I need a snack." Tempest was a bit of a health nut, though. He tended to avoid processed foods when he could.[break][break]

"I, um... I do keep stuff like peppermint discs and caramels around the house for my pokemon, though. Your Zorua would get along with my Eevee. He's a caramel fiend."her.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 21:51:27 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
So, candy bars probably won't be brought along - unless Tempest brought one for his Eevee or Kuro. But fruits - and salty snacks like popcorn or chips... They could certainly be happy with that. "Pineapple is good - I don't think I've had mango before, though." They confess, thoughtfully.

Makoto's eyes did light up a bit in curiousty at the mention of Temp's Eevee, however. "Maybe. Like I said, he's shy, but... Some playmates for him that aren't my other pokemon would be nice." They'd agree - and even if it didn't warm up to the Eevee, they had a few other pokemon that... Maybe they could bring for a playdate, to play with Temp's smaller pokemon?

The idea felt strange to them, in a way. But, with how friendly and social Temp was - in contrast to the more all-business demeanor that the other parts of Rocket they were familiar with - it was one that also felt almost natural.

That would make for an easy lead-in, for other things to talk about. "What kind of pokemon do you usually like keeping?" They ask - thinking to other pokemon they knew he brought to the island, like Kabutops. The only ones that could possibly share a theme off the top of their head was his Luxray and the aforementioned Eevee, but...
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,621 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 2:41:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Makoto had never had mango? A travesty. Tempest would not let that continue.[break][break]

"I'll bring you one next time I go visit my dad. My tribe tends to some trees so it'll be really fresh, too." The benefits of living in a tropical region was having fresh, tropical fruits.[break][break]

Then the thought of bringing his Eevee on a play-date....[break][break]

"I was the Water Type Gym Leader for a few years. Most of my best pokemon are meant for more aquatic things; but I do keep a lot of dogs. Most of them are just pets, though." Some of them did battle with him or were vicious, but most of them weren't. "Hati can get a little rough. He's sweet, but his parents are both Shadow Pokemon. I think it's messed with him a little."[break][break]

A warning given, but Temp would be willing to try if they were.[break][break]

"What about you? Pokemon-wise?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 22:45:35 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
The offer puts a gentle smile on Makoto's face - and they gently nod. "Thank you - I'd appreciate that." They speak softly. Getting to try new things... It wasn't a luxury that they got to indulge often, up 'til now.

But the conversation of one's pokemon was an interesting one. Temp having originally been a Gym Leader explained the Kabutops he had - but it seemed that he favored dog pokemon most of all. The mention of Hati was curious - that the Shadow quality wasn't passed down in genetics, and that said parents were interested in at least having a child in the first place.

"Perhaps one of my other pokemon would be a better fit for Hati then - but... I'm willing to try, at the very least." Given Kuro being a ghost, it'd likely be difficult for Hati to hurt him by accident - and at worst, he'll just decide Hati's a bit too much for him.

But as for what sort of pokemon they kept, well... It was something that they gave a bit of thought at first - thinking to the pokemon they have. "I'm decently flexible, but... I'm fond of fox and feline pokemon. And of dark, ghost, psychic, and fairy types... It's honestly a bit funny that I've ended up with a decent few steel-types, too, though." A bit of an accident, but they wouldn't deny that Matsu or Haguru haven't proven themselves plenty times over.

"Some of my pokemon are pets - like you said with your dog pokemon... But there are also some I mostly keep for work, and some that sort of go both ways." Tsukiko, for example. She was content being a spoilt lapfox that joins Makoto on their walks. But she also seemed to insist on joining them for work sometimes, too. Often to cause mischief and shenanigans for both them and their opponents.

"Tsume - my Zoroark - originally being a family pokemon before we left probably influenced my preferences a lot growing up, honestly, even if he's always been a bit of a grumpy old man." They concluded with a soft laugh.

... "... What's it like, having Shadow pokemon?" Whenever they thought of one - they can't help but think back to 's Shadow Sandslash, that looked ready to tear out another pokemon's throat without remorse in the midst of combat - the blood that splattered the snow that Tsukiko had produced...
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,621 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 1:49:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

So it was a plan, then! Whenever Tempest and met up and it wasn't on a battlefield- he would for sure bring them some mangoes. And some other fruits, if they were interested. Tempest could be a vicious bastard of a man, sure, but with people he liked, who he respected, he was a downright sweetheart.[break][break]

Their interested in Shadow pokemon piqued his interested in particular. He often felt like they got a bad reputation by name and actions alone. Tempest wouldn't even care consider that maybe some outside influences had made him biased.[break][break]

"I have a few, and my husband is basically a Shadow human, so..." Tempest made a noncommittal noise as he thought over how to answer. To say they were the same as regular pokemon was just a flat out lie. But...[break][break]

"I think they get a bad rep. They're vicious and can seem cruel... but they're just a lot more animalistic than normal pokemon. Agni, my Shadow Flareon, is pretty docile when she's got a full stomach. I think that less experienced or confident Trainers couldn't handle a Shadow pokemon since they are more difficult to work with..."[break][break]

A small hum, then a light smile.[break][break]

"But I wouldn't change anything about my Shadow pokemon. They're reliable and strong, I just have to work with them in different ways than the rest of my party. Are you interested in Shadow pokemon, Makoto?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
awards
576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 11:02:21 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
The way Temp describes Shadow pokemon... Certainly, on one hand, it confirms some of Makoto's anxieties over the sheer aggression that such Shadows seemed to display. But at the same time, that they were sort of reasonable helped put them equal parts at ease.

"Back during the battle in Dewford, I... Had teamed up with Underboss Quinn, in a fight against a few League trainers." Makoto spoke, thinking back to the entire situation. A funny coincidence of sorts, to have made what seemed like a positive impression upon one husband back then, and to end up working together with the other now. "Watching his shadow pokemon fight was... A bit intimidating? They're imposing..."

That seemed like the nicest way to say 'seeing one want to paint the snow red made my fight or flight begin hooting like an alarmed Mankey'. Even if League trainers were the enemy... They weren't sure if they were gonna be as keen to kill as Cillian's Sandslash had been anytime soon.

"I... don't know if I'd actively seek one out..." Would the power be worth it, or would they rather not deal with the trouble? "... But I imagine that I'll run into them again sometimes. So... Knowing more about them is probably a good idea." Makoto glanced to the two Illumina pokemon - Tsukiko and Mitten - who, by all means, seemed almost like opposites to Shadows. "Is... Their difficulty similar to working with, say, a dragon-type?"

They knew firsthand that a willful dragon could be difficult; and once provoked, dangerous. Ryuu was certainly an example of such. Perhaps, he'd work as a reference point?
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 2:44:39 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: